Aroa Croft

questions about the possible future of the game

3 hours ago, MystMan said:

What the game needs, in order of importance:

1. Better server + net coding. A laggy MMO is a dead MMO. *coughDefiancecough* The server needs to be reliable with proper coding. I have no problem with new server and everything, it's 2018.  Can't keep using outdated hardware/software if one wants to remain relevant.

2. The game needs to be rewarding to be fun.  The reason the game always struggled to retain new players pre-Gore is that most leave the game in sector 2-3. They never make it beyond that to reach lvl55 (unless they skip 90% of the content and power-level to lvl55, which I personally find a guaranteed quick way to get bored of any game). People leave that early because in those sectors it becomes very clear how awful the effort : reward ratio is. Why bother doing anything if you get peanuts in return for an arduous  30min Master boss fight?  G1 mentioned at least 3 times they would fix the reward table, welp that never happened. I've personally seen people ragequit the game after getting terrible rewards from quests for the umpteenth time. Multiplying the quests' chip reward by 10 would've go a loooong way in making quests worthwhile. Also, that nonsense of item rewards 10 levels lower than the quest level itself... seriously what is wrong with the person who thought that was a good thing?

3. The character stat building system is..... not good.  It never really was.  The game claims to champion freedom of choice, you can define yourself. (one of the game's main selling point that attracts new people).  But the character system is so inflexible and convoluted you pretty much always had to build specific meta builds. It should've just chosen the generic class system with fixed skill tree like any generic MMO instead. People coming in here with an idea in mind how to build their character end up realizing later they can't do it due to the extreme limitations and don't want to make a gimp build, So follow the meta or go away.  Unsurprisingly, many choose the latter.

4. Capitalize on the fact that this game is huge. 1000+ square kilometers....yet more than half of it goes to waste. There is so much enormous empty spaces everywhere. They're filled with generic enemies and common nodes. There is no reason to ever enter these vast wastelands.  Would've helped if at random some rare resources (or enemies that drop these resources) would spawn in these places, this would promote exploring. But noooooooo, let's put all the rare stuff inside pvp zones.  That oughta show those pve players how much we appreciate them! G1 did an amazing job driving the PVE player base away with terrible decisions after terrible decisions. GORE, broken Outpost and Dome instantly killed off 4 pve clans I was in. They made exploration and crafting on such a huge area a zero-purpose goal. Veteran players were actively telling new players to just go to power-level locations to reach lvl55 as quickly as possible and then grind their sanity away in Citadel/Dome for tokens.  Tokens!!!

5. Make AI combat worthwhile.  Combat against npc is just a matter of outlasting them while standing still.  There is no strategy involved at all.   Would be nice if their accuracy would lower when you move around a lot. Cause right now everything just aimbots you, why bother moving? Because of this, combat can be done with one hand. And this lacking combat system gets mentioned a lot in reviews as a biiiiig negative.

6. All recipes need to be relevant.  The amount of recipes in this game is amazing.  Too bad that for its majority it's all a giant waste of time and space. We have no reason to craft most of this stuff when it's pretty obvious what the best thing of each category is. 

7. Crafting queue needs to be increased.  This whole 1 queue for f2p and 3 queues for freemium is brutal.  Other f2p games offer more for less. New players need to feel invited to spend money, not driven away right from the beginning as a punishment for not spending cash. The target audience of 2018 is not the same as 10 years ago.  Still using the rules from way back then will never make you competitive.
100.  Re-skin everything to make them look more shiny and modern.  Yeah, that won't help whatsoever until the above is addressed first.

Realistically speaking, can all the above be done cheaper than just making a new game from scratch? As it stands, FE is so broken and neglected with rushed/unfinished poorly planned content..... how do/can you fix that without throwing the baby away with the bathwater?

That is THE point of playing PVE. One does not power-level and THEN go do those things.   You do all those things and you automatically level up in the meantime. The road to lvl 55 needs to be fun and engaging, reaching endlevel is not the one and only reason people play MMOs.  To many, the journey matters more than the goal. If the journey is awful, who will care about the goal? They just leave for other games instead.

"A lot".  I'm not buying that at all.  When somebody says "I am a PVE player", that means they do not and never will be interested in fighting other players. They will go out of their way to avoid PVP.  a pve player will never be a pvp player.  A pvp player can like both pvp and pve however. When the game clearly became anti-pve after GORE, the pve player base left in a massive exodus. There was nothing left for them to do and the little they had became irrelevant due to power creep and depressingly boring token-grinding content.

About you say game need i am agree in everything you say. True is GORE, broken Outpost and Dome  killed this game and we no need to talk about that stupid idea of " tokens" ( races or kill boses or make mision for get ap was a lot more fun)
I repeat, i suggested start again game  from " pre gore" because was the most equal point in game ( lets say in this point  is a lot of variety equip/weapons same stats)
true is since gores patch was very dificult to convice people to pvp, because game started to be boring, losing essence ( gores -- actual patchs did the same, killed everything making " the only choice for equip with items new patch making all usseles)
Mystman, i always was pve player and i never went to fallen earth to do pvp, i just discovered as something new and i start to play pvp because i got bored of reserach all craft or to finish missions ( i think i have all s1,s2, s3, deadfall misions done and some more in alpha ( this point i started to hate game due incredible bad is done that map)
i can discuss not all likes pvp and a lot people just avoid doing ( and much more when they know some player cheat and we havent anticheat)
sincerely, the last patch killed me the most, that big map recycled with not love at all and repeating again same bad strategy as in gores ( that map was the big promise g1 made to us about we getting the best update )

well from my point of view ithink is  very dificult LO make soon a " remastered game" and is very understable due risk ( ask your self, you would do?, i rememeber this cost money and time and alot)

Essence of game is in sectors 1 to sector 3, ( i can add deadfall too and tc) but terminal woods,alpha zone or that new map need a litle more love and a remake.
I not see another idea for recover people, from my point of view doing a " fresh start with changes and in a certain working point" is better than a update, by far better ( at this point devs can work in points you related game needs and make future patchs more pve oriented)

1 hour ago, NysekZePope said:
Just gonna quote this...

Matt only stated, and confirmed in the unofficial discord that they will transfer G1C transactions and "rare event" items at best.

Transferring a 55 when they're going to be releasing sectors as if it's a relaunch would be quite moronic anyways. Not to mention the fact you'll have 0 gear, materials, or anything... let alone any possible PVP in S1 would be pointless as new players starting up wouldn't be able to reach 55.
transfer G1C transactions and "rare event" items is more than enought, tranfer levels i see pointless in a fresh start,

pvp in s1 to s2 maps can be a lot of fun with cap level players to 30. At same time pvp in s1  to s3 with level 45 cap is fun too, but for keep level 55 maps need to be s1 to deadfall.
All is fun, but sincereley, game need players showed in starting maps  for make it interesting for new blood playing, 6 months maybe with only 2 maps or 3 ? 1 year? i m sure population will be massively bigger than is now if this is done
If LO add some changes as " anticheat" and " resolved bugs and rewards" i am 100% sure new players will not leave and "lag" will disapear. ( can you imagine game with not lag and no cheaters? dont tell me is not paradise!)
Really would be fun to get " ap" as reward from missions as in old times, and recover the hope for this unique game,

12 minutes ago, Aroa Croft said:
transfer G1C transactions and "rare event" items is more than enought, tranfer levels i see pointless in a fresh start,

pvp in s1 to s2 maps can be a lot of fun with cap level players to 30. At same time pvp in s1  to s3 with level 45 cap is fun too, but for keep level 55 maps need to be s1 to deadfall.
All is fun, but sincereley, game need players showed in starting maps  for make it interesting for new blood playing, 6 months maybe with only 2 maps or 3 ? 1 year? i m sure population will be massively bigger than is now if this is done
If LO add some changes as " anticheat" and " resolved bugs and rewards" i am 100% sure new players will not leave and "lag" will disapear. ( can you imagine game with not lag and no cheaters? dont tell me is not paradise!)
Really would be fun to get " ap" as reward from missions as in old times, and recover the hope for this unique game,

Truthfully, AP should be easier to come by so players don't feel like they need to do Dome or consider AP races again...

Not to mention try to balance AP augmentation... I mean look at it.
  • We didn't need health on weapons.
  • Regeneration was fun but was far to high for too cheap on weapons, especially considering regeneration was being "nerfed"
  • Multiple "lackluster" stats and skills in augmentation should've been a clear reason to remove them or find a better application. (Power vs Precision vs Armor Use/etc)

The less "mandatory grinding", obviously crafting should be the cornerstone of the game. But less mind-numbing tasks.

If I want to farm faction, give me a bloody raid against my enemy faction. Obviously still give places to grind the same old NPCs (FOR EACH FACTION, not the BS currently where some are screwed over with terrible camps or none at all) and repeatable options for crafters/PVPers/etc.

When it comes to harvesting, especially for a clan, there should obviously be options for solo as well as groups. Why would an entire clan want to just have the option of harvesters/farms, rather than maybe a PVE raid to get the same resources in 3+ hours (obviously not the same volume, but you get the idea), or even DT (another DT sink is NOT A BAD THING).

Not to mention specific PVP zones having certain merchant rewards, especially if the current level restrictions remain promotes the idea of "smurfing"/"twinking". Which S2 rewards should continue to S3, just as they should deadfall. And "GTC" should simply have FT/Tow cost reduction while the rest are "S1/S2/S3/DF" Territory Control to further keep people from griefing new blood.

Honestly there's plenty wrong with the current system, the main one being options... the other being that people can/will go to grief new blood for rewards that benefit them (which is smart, don't get me wrong) but I'd rather see a level "equalizer" buff than a debuff. FE had better PVP when we could "choose" the zone we PVPed in, not when a debuff decided where we went. Edited by NysekZePope

7 hours ago, NysekZePope said:

Truthfully, AP should be easier to come by so players don't feel like they need to do Dome or consider AP races again...

Not to mention try to balance AP augmentation... I mean look at it.
  • We didn't need health on weapons.
  • Regeneration was fun but was far to high for too cheap on weapons, especially considering regeneration was being "nerfed"
  • Multiple "lackluster" stats and skills in augmentation should've been a clear reason to remove them or find a better application. (Power vs Precision vs Armor Use/etc)

The less "mandatory grinding", obviously crafting should be the cornerstone of the game. But less mind-numbing tasks.

If I want to farm faction, give me a bloody raid against my enemy faction. Obviously still give places to grind the same old NPCs (FOR EACH FACTION, not the BS currently where some are screwed over with terrible camps or none at all) and repeatable options for crafters/PVPers/etc.

When it comes to harvesting, especially for a clan, there should obviously be options for solo as well as groups. Why would an entire clan want to just have the option of harvesters/farms, rather than maybe a PVE raid to get the same resources in 3+ hours (obviously not the same volume, but you get the idea), or even DT (another DT sink is NOT A BAD THING).

Not to mention specific PVP zones having certain merchant rewards, especially if the current level restrictions remain promotes the idea of "smurfing"/"twinking". Which S2 rewards should continue to S3, just as they should deadfall. And "GTC" should simply have FT/Tow cost reduction while the rest are "S1/S2/S3/DF" Territory Control to further keep people from griefing new blood.

Honestly there's plenty wrong with the current system, the main one being options... the other being that people can/will go to grief new blood for rewards that benefit them (which is smart, don't get me wrong) but I'd rather see a level "equalizer" buff than a debuff. FE had better PVP when we could "choose" the zone we PVPed in, not when a debuff decided where we went.
Nysek, i think  AP must be a dificult reward as in past it was, because  if not it makes to " avoid" every misions/ every events in game , so as mystman explained players will jump to level 55 and do 20 min dome to get full AP ( in old times you need a lot of races/ do a lot misions for get AP,  i remember each race using fastest car gaining 5 AP  was 10 min spent and obviusly after 8 or 9 races you leave doing races because headache )
comparing 20 min to 1 moth to getting full AP  in a active char is how you can see " fails done" in launched patchs ( gore to actual patchs), in same mode, weapons/equip were simplified with this patchs.
Bad thing is nobody "NEED do misions for get AP in char" and in same mode nobody "NEED do bloodsports or pvp for get best armor/weapons in game since launch last map" ( Btw last patch released the most easiest armor to craft and weapons are full dt needed for crafting, in this point i can say " dt book" or faction equip or stage 2 or volatile  needed a lot of more variety items for being crafted)

1 -- DT weapons and equip / volatile weapons and equip / stage 2 armor /faction equip and weapons / some special drops  ------- All them were "dificult to craft" had same stats and you can " choice" a lot of variety for do pve/pvp

2 -- Gores/ AP /stages 3/ Dome----   lets say GORES and released stages killed all uped things  up related, because they were " Drasticaly OP" and not equal stats ( remember lunatic/rifle making 600 damage per hit), AP same as gore and killed gores.................... Dome and outpost?........... same, they did each time game more and more and more easy.....

About " GTC" i always think it was a " reason" for do pvp in that "full pvp map", what reason you have now to go to that map ? for use harverster ( pve)?, some combat buff must be re added as a present for have " faction keeps". Instead quit buff as G1 did, why not make the option to have  that  old buff only if you " have all keeps?" ( you know is relatively imposible to have all keeps because distance between them)
so if you have 4 keeps nothing you recieve, only if you have all you will recieve buff , this can make " map releveant again" and game give as a " posibility " to have buff again. ( >This make a reason to play and get all  keeps )

I know you will think about idea GTC i proposed, and think again is imposible to get all keeps, not a raid can  keep them, but if a raid appear it can mean game is working.

Edit:  So from my point of view of new fresh start:
- S1 and s2 maps with level cap 30 or
- S1/s2/s3/deadfall/tc ( with GTC combat old buff only having 75% -100% keeps) /terminal/alpha with level cap 55 with a pre gore version (weapons/equips in point  "1") with 50% max reduced damaged instead 60% actual

Nothing to say all version needs anticheat working, because new players and old ones who do pvp can feel save in game.
Probably my idea is imposible to make, a gm told me they cant go back to a previous version, but if it can be posible in some " exceptional way" can be good our loved CEO tell us ( i think CEO know a lot of informatics and programing), sorry bad englich btw Edited by Aroa Croft
edit

you two keep jerking eachother off, not gonna read all that. im just saying he said he was considering it, i rather re-farm gear on a lvl 55 then have wasted all that time to get those 55's

I'm just posting to say I started laughing when someone mentioned the dumpster fire that is ArchAge. I have so many, many, many reasons to hate the management of that game. I'll leave you with a golden nugget; their GMs begged me to apply for work because of how badly things in the home office were going. Trion and Nexon (look at Riders of Icarus) both pay their workers so little, they cant even cover the cost of gas to get to the offices in the first place, but their cash shops will encourage you to spend thousands every year instead of adding content into the base game. I hope Little Orbit's staff are in a better, happier, healthier position than their oversized lumbering train wreck competition.

Regarding TSW Grandmasters; Yes, they were utterly spoiled and whiny. They kept trying to force the dev to bend over backwards for people who had essentially paid $150 up front four years ago for the privilege to never have to give the company money again.  Throw in a few guys embezzling money out of their vanity cash shop system pushing out content no one actually wanted and putting the things people DID want into Loot Boxes that rarely give out anything other than items that cannot be traded and things that noticeably upped a player's power. Grandmasters get free items every day that immediately offset any pay mechanics and continue to burn a hole in the company pocket as the old surly grandmasters chase off new blood by being set int heir ways and ranting whenever someone tries changing their personal playground... then complain because there's no new content because they don't have the money to push out new completely voice acted content and intriguing case files every month.

PS; As much as I like the voiced NPC vendor lines in FE, I legit hope it never gets full voice acting just because the costs for advances and story content would go through the roof. I don't care if the new generation hates to read.

On 9/28/2018 at 2:04 PM, Aroa Croft said:

a mistake! i missed that super enfo faction who dominated s2 map all years and gave a lot of game play.
I still remember shp and all pro in that time teaming together going to that the dump place and
lose all fights because it was overpopulated by enfos,  it was very fun i cant deny it.
4 factions i see better now  hehe, sorry missing that!!

Mc filler, i see by you writings about you have not played pvp in 2011- 2012 for example.
I can say to you about in that times " faction matters" and i remember existed a word named " KOS" for omni players.
I can link some videos, there is a lotof videos in diferent factions, you just need see date (  they were pre gores or just in gores patch videos), in that times faction was the most important thing,

see this video for example :
this video is showing eternal war trav vs lb, i can say to you, if some player start to teaming one fight with another faction was not chosen, then that player will be KOS, and  i am sure traveler chat announce who is traitor and everyone follows that kos,
 I dunno if viscera is old enought to know this, but i am sure viscera is pvper player and know what means words loyalty or traitor in a faction and kos word againts that player.

btw i am agree with you about just a " restart" is not enought to save game, it need a UPGRADE ( new maps/new things) or a RETURNING to a good fun point ( pre gores i suggested)
Reasons i defend a returning point is because is CHEAP and POSIBLE, and we all know making new maps/new things, require time and money from company.

The end we all want is a populated and fun game,  i want to believe all forum want this.
I think nobody can debate to me about actual state of game is  NOT populated and fun, can someone?

Ahh gonna tell me about how the game was when I was most active while you were still busy drooling on the floor?

There was no real 'KOS' on omni players. Omni players back when exile and wolves were allied and still active were considered general enemies that players of single faction clans would fight together against(even when it broke faction rules) due to omni number advantages. This was a rule mainly around when capstones were still a thing but was dropped prob around 1.9 as it had little meaning. This was merely a way to focus on particular clans and differentiate them...as well as a 'reason' to fight. The biggest being to neutralize their advantage.

Nah the only time that existed really was back after patch 2.5 was when esproc came back after gore had come back. He proceeded to drool and shit his pants. That was the only time you had dictated 'kos' to traveller chat and people getting anal about having fought with other factions. Thanks for talking about that 1 month of time though. That was a sick 2013 month though. It was a fantastic train crash where they proceeded to ruin their reputation and piss off general travellers in a mere month. I enjoyed laughing at them as they tried to squawk out koses that no one cared to follow, and burned their clan down due to people associating with 'enemy' factions over the ego of a couple incompetents.

The 'alliance' against omni was before this video and that idiotic kos shit was long after hollywood had stopped being properly active.

A reroll to an older patch is likely far more difficult due to how these devs operated it is unlikely they actually kept the setup for old patches. Even then all the old patches had their own issues. Even if you went to everyones 'perfect' patch you would have a mountain of fixing and tweaking that would need to do. Edited by MICFILLER
2013 not 2014 whoops lol

On 9/30/2018 at 3:45 PM, MystMan said:

What the game needs, in order of importance:

1. Better server + net coding. A laggy MMO is a dead MMO. *coughDefiancecough* The server needs to be reliable with proper coding. I have no problem with new server and everything, it's 2018.  Can't keep using outdated hardware/software if one wants to remain relevant.

2. The game needs to be rewarding to be fun.  The reason the game always struggled to retain new players pre-Gore is that most leave the game in sector 2-3. They never make it beyond that to reach lvl55 (unless they skip 90% of the content and power-level to lvl55, which I personally find a guaranteed quick way to get bored of any game). People leave that early because in those sectors it becomes very clear how awful the effort : reward ratio is. Why bother doing anything if you get peanuts in return for an arduous  30min Master boss fight?  G1 mentioned at least 3 times they would fix the reward table, welp that never happened. I've personally seen people ragequit the game after getting terrible rewards from quests for the umpteenth time. Multiplying the quests' chip reward by 10 would've go a loooong way in making quests worthwhile. Also, that nonsense of item rewards 10 levels lower than the quest level itself... seriously what is wrong with the person who thought that was a good thing?

3. The character stat building system is..... not good.  It never really was.  The game claims to champion freedom of choice, you can define yourself. (one of the game's main selling point that attracts new people).  But the character system is so inflexible and convoluted you pretty much always had to build specific meta builds. It should've just chosen the generic class system with fixed skill tree like any generic MMO instead. People coming in here with an idea in mind how to build their character end up realizing later they can't do it due to the extreme limitations and don't want to make a gimp build, So follow the meta or go away.  Unsurprisingly, many choose the latter.

4. Capitalize on the fact that this game is huge. 1000+ square kilometers....yet more than half of it goes to waste. There is so much enormous empty spaces everywhere. They're filled with generic enemies and common nodes. There is no reason to ever enter these vast wastelands.  Would've helped if at random some rare resources (or enemies that drop these resources) would spawn in these places, this would promote exploring. But noooooooo, let's put all the rare stuff inside pvp zones.  That oughta show those pve players how much we appreciate them! G1 did an amazing job driving the PVE player base away with terrible decisions after terrible decisions. GORE, broken Outpost and Dome instantly killed off 4 pve clans I was in. They made exploration and crafting on such a huge area a zero-purpose goal. Veteran players were actively telling new players to just go to power-level locations to reach lvl55 as quickly as possible and then grind their sanity away in Citadel/Dome for tokens.  Tokens!!!

5. Make AI combat worthwhile.  Combat against npc is just a matter of outlasting them while standing still.  There is no strategy involved at all.   Would be nice if their accuracy would lower when you move around a lot. Cause right now everything just aimbots you, why bother moving? Because of this, combat can be done with one hand. And this lacking combat system gets mentioned a lot in reviews as a biiiiig negative.

6. All recipes need to be relevant.  The amount of recipes in this game is amazing.  Too bad that for its majority it's all a giant waste of time and space. We have no reason to craft most of this stuff when it's pretty obvious what the best thing of each category is. 

7. Crafting queue needs to be increased.  This whole 1 queue for f2p and 3 queues for freemium is brutal.  Other f2p games offer more for less. New players need to feel invited to spend money, not driven away right from the beginning as a punishment for not spending cash. The target audience of 2018 is not the same as 10 years ago.  Still using the rules from way back then will never make you competitive.
100.  Re-skin everything to make them look more shiny and modern.  Yeah, that won't help whatsoever until the above is addressed first.

Realistically speaking, can all the above be done cheaper than just making a new game from scratch? As it stands, FE is so broken and neglected with rushed/unfinished poorly planned content..... how do/can you fix that without throwing the baby away with the bathwater?

That is THE point of playing PVE. One does not power-level and THEN go do those things.   You do all those things and you automatically level up in the meantime. The road to lvl 55 needs to be fun and engaging, reaching endlevel is not the one and only reason people play MMOs.  To many, the journey matters more than the goal. If the journey is awful, who will care about the goal? They just leave for other games instead.

"A lot".  I'm not buying that at all.  When somebody says "I am a PVE player", that means they do not and never will be interested in fighting other players. They will go out of their way to avoid PVP.  a pve player will never be a pvp player.  A pvp player can like both pvp and pve however. When the game clearly became anti-pve after GORE, the pve player base left in a massive exodus. There was nothing left for them to do and the little they had became irrelevant due to power creep and depressingly boring token-grinding content.

I agree with your general points but to just elaborate on my opinions.

1. Agreed 100% and even more so when it's expected to involve aiming. This was especially true back when G1 initially took over and it took them months to make FE not a laggy unplayable mess. People in general got very agitated or just didn't play as much.

2. Yeah this was always an issue. Chips should be viably gained through quests and items should prob be from a similar level at the common level so crafters can still offer the advanced level.

3. I think a more open system is better for this type of game really, but they have to be willing to tweak balance things so you don't have entire lines that are complete trash. Although the biggest thing is they need to make respeccing easier. You should prob get a full respec at multiple points of your character and once you hit cap level and make sure you can craft the items for minor respecs. This is so people can experiment and not just realize because they messed around their character is now boned and it's time to grind chips to respec, reroll or leave.

4. Yeah more stuff should be placed around the map or you should have more 'alternate' mats that reward exploring and investigating things. Although I think S1 should be reduced in size(huge empty plots of land and a not a whole ton going on) but they should try to fill up portions of the map(maybe even especially in s1 so as players can find more things...maybe having rotating events that give cosmetic stuff, mats or recipes). They also should go back to their old node system where you had mats in particular areas rather than 'random 3-6 nodes for this half of the sector'. Harvesters/farms shouldn't be a thing or they should have GREATLY reduced output due to the fact they are for target farming mats. Those were shit decisions that hurt pvp as well and didn't make sense in the face of pvers. Should of stuck to forcing pvpers to do pve rather than the other way around and shouldn't of ignored crafting so much.

5. Yeah they should change the pve dodge formula. It did need to get nerfed way back, but it's far too simple now with too little influence from players. It should be affected by movement, range or other factors. They should also give npcs for more skills across the board and/or add more specific pve effects for skills so as players have to think a bit more rather than 99% of mobs being bullet sponges. Maybe add in more pbaoe or aoe effects for mobs.

6. The big thing is they didn't do a crafting overhaul after patch 1.9. Most of the consumes are still made as if stats affect skills when they don't so they have little purpose and then also added consumes that were far superior to others(juniper brandy for example). They should go through and adjust consumes for the current era so as they provide a flat stat, regen and a skill bonus or other effect(or add penalties or just 1 depending on how they are going for particular lines). At the same time they should adjust equipment recipes for common, improved and advanced so common is a basic equip and the higher tiers expand or buff it in some way.

7. Yeah this was a poor change even when they did it. The great 2.4 patch where they pissed on f2p players and legacy players because they couldn't fix a bug.

A new polish is needed(or at least better lower settings) for a visual effect upgrade but it's biggest issues are it's general systems due to how shoddy the dev teams did things.

Ehh Aroa is the derp 'pvper' who only focuses on their sector of the game but don't really know next to anything.

On 10/3/2018 at 5:11 PM, MICFILLER said:
Ahh gonna tell me about how the game was when I was most active while you were still busy drooling on the floor?

There was no real 'KOS' on omni players. Omni players back when exile and wolves were allied and still active were considered general enemies that players of single faction clans would fight together against(even when it broke faction rules) due to omni number advantages. This was a rule mainly around when capstones were still a thing but was dropped prob around 1.9 as it had little meaning. This was merely a way to focus on particular clans and differentiate them...as well as a 'reason' to fight. The biggest being to neutralize their advantage.

Nah the only time that existed really was back after patch 2.5 was when esproc came back after gore had come back. He proceeded to drool and shit his pants. That was the only time you had dictated 'kos' to traveller chat and people getting anal about having fought with other factions. Thanks for talking about that 1 month of time though. That was a sick 2013 month though. It was a fantastic train crash where they proceeded to ruin their reputation and piss off general travellers in a mere month. I enjoyed laughing at them as they tried to squawk out koses that no one cared to follow, and burned their clan down due to people associating with 'enemy' factions over the ego of a couple incompetents.

The 'alliance' against omni was before this video and that idiotic kos shit was long after hollywood had stopped being properly active.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A reroll to an older patch is likely far more difficult due to how these devs operated it is unlikely they actually kept the setup for old patches. Even then all the old patches had their own issues. Even if you went to everyones 'perfect' patch you would have a mountain of fixing and tweaking that would need to do.

An old patch with fixes would be your thing (the best part of this is that even if the old patch has flaws you have solutions already made), we could apply the logic for once, do not you think?

About what you say about killing the traitor in sight, it's something that I've always lived, personally, and I've been doing pvp since 2011. What you say is your point of view. Seeing that you are probably from the exile clan, I can tell you that I was there when the clan that was always (game over and was led by electrolux) had the great division by the chota / tech alliance and I was there when that second clan was created called felony, which gave a lot of game fun  (but in that case I did not enter the game fun and I stayed in game over, doing pvp taged in go), with this I can say that during all that time there was kos and very strong kos, which leads to what that we do not currently have, a community attached to factions.

On 10/3/2018 at 5:40 PM, MICFILLER said:
I agree with your general points but to just elaborate on my opinions.
--------------------------------

A new polish is needed(or at least better lower settings) for a visual effect upgrade but it's biggest issues are it's general systems due to how shoddy the dev teams did things.

Ehh Aroa is the derp 'pvper' who only focuses on their sector of the game but don't really know next to anything.
believe that no one can be against those points, obviously it is clear that what you put is true, there is no discussion.
What bothers me is that you name me and call me derp, when you know that I am one of the people who have given more game in pvp ... the steam charts are there and speak for themselves. I have never denied teaming with very bad people in battle, my thought has always been to teach them how the game is going and how it is done, if that is the reason why you call me that I accept it, but I'm glad I did not go with veterans (heretics for example) and to hurt players who had been playing this for four days and had no idea. In the same case I'm glad to have spent a lot of time with many people in the game and if I've ever been in superiority of numbers given the lack of veteran in my players, well I'm glad too.
If I went back in time, I would team up with the same people, which is what made me happy the whole time I was playing.
nothing more to say

read this post, maybe teach something to you: https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/370902-syds-address/

Lol steam charts, NOT EVERYONE PLAYS THE GAME THROUGH STEAM! Sooooo steam charts are irrelevant.

5 hours ago, Eric Cloud said:

Lol steam charts, NOT EVERYONE PLAYS THE GAME THROUGH STEAM! Sooooo steam charts are irrelevant.

This point made sense 6 years ago, but makes little sense now.

15 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:

An old patch with fixes would be your thing (the best part of this is that even if the old patch has flaws you have solutions already made), we could apply the logic for once, do not you think?

About what you say about killing the traitor in sight, it's something that I've always lived, personally, and I've been doing pvp since 2011. What you say is your point of view. Seeing that you are probably from the exile clan, I can tell you that I was there when the clan that was always (game over and was led by electrolux) had the great division by the chota / tech alliance and I was there when that second clan was created called felony, which gave a lot of game fun  (but in that case I did not enter the game fun and I stayed in game over, doing pvp taged in go), with this I can say that during all that time there was kos and very strong kos, which leads to what that we do not currently have, a community attached to factions.

believe that no one can be against those points, obviously it is clear that what you put is true, there is no discussion.
What bothers me is that you name me and call me derp, when you know that I am one of the people who have given more game in pvp ... the steam charts are there and speak for themselves. I have never denied teaming with very bad people in battle, my thought has always been to teach them how the game is going and how it is done, if that is the reason why you call me that I accept it, but I'm glad I did not go with veterans (heretics for example) and to hurt players who had been playing this for four days and had no idea. In the same case I'm glad to have spent a lot of time with many people in the game and if I've ever been in superiority of numbers given the lack of veteran in my players, well I'm glad too.
If I went back in time, I would team up with the same people, which is what made me happy the whole time I was playing.
nothing more to say

read this post, maybe teach something to you: https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/370902-syds-address/
No matter the patch the game goes to it would require significant changes across the board to accommodate them. This is the closest system you have where every line has a proper purpose and it would still require an equipment revamp, consume revamp, crafting revamp, scavenging revamp and general pve upgrade. Even if you go to an old patch you would still have to balance them out and trim some fat and fix things and adjust values.

I'll make this simple for you so you stop being braindead. This is inanecorn aka agent noir/nysak/thi zqn. Game over had no notable influence their claim to fame was having a bunch of people who harvested and got farmed for dt. They have had 1 good pvper and 2 mediocre pvpers come out of their ranks. 'kos' didn't create faction wars it was older clans sticking to SELF-IMPOSED faction rules because they could AFFORD to. Faction pvp didn't die due to people not 'kos'ing enough it died because the population died and people started stringing in randoms so as to be able to have a chance in group pvp(aka the issue of your 'group'). Feel free to actually talk to actual people who played a while...it was entirely clan based rules. Essentially a form of rp so as to add more spice to pvp.

No I called you a derp because you are a derp. You had good intentions but you were a slow acting poison for new people. Never have been able to respect hackusators. Purely because all they are doing is damaging their own side for the sake of their own ego. Plus you picked the worst method of teaching people(at least in regards to groups) so most of them stagnated. You also had a poor grasp of how the game worked so I can't imagine you being a great teacher. You brought more pvp, but you did little for the overall environment. Also I couldn't care less if you had cheaters, bad players or any of that personally it was your own actions that I disliked.

Yeah this was my reply to that post:
https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/370902-syds-address/#entry3905627

Feel free to educate me more if you so choose.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Eric Cloud said:

sincerely and sadly, there is not much diference........  you can check in game ( using /who in all maps or just opening social 1-55 level character showing)

Its very "clear" game is not working at " this actual state", its too late for try do events, give free away or making new  short patch ( new weapons/ armor) because it will not change anything.
Problem is more deeper than it can seem, game need necesary " restructure again from 0", game need population a sea need water.

29 minutes ago, MICFILLER said:

No I called you a derp because you are a derp. You had good intentions but you were a slow acting poison for new people. Never have been able to respect hackusators. Purely because all they are doing is damaging their own side for the sake of their own ego. Plus you picked the worst method of teaching people(at least in regards to groups) so most of them stagnated. You also had a poor grasp of how the game worked so I can't imagine you being a great teacher. You brought more pvp, but you did little for the overall environment. Also I couldn't care less if you had cheaters, bad players or any of that personally it was your own actions that I disliked.

+1 Yes indeed, She has good intentions, but never used it properly, @Aroa Croft, if only you did organize events just like Hooli, Mature, Ardenn or even me, when i was organizing events for Enforcers  back then.. Things would have been better. No one here is going to listen and take you serious when you fill the forums with your life-stories..propaganda... and also Happy endings. 

Enfo Harvesting/Crafting event for PVP and PVE players

Edited by Viscera

5 minutes ago, MICFILLER said:

This point made sense 6 years ago, but makes little sense now.

No matter the patch the game goes to it would require significant changes across the board to accommodate them. This is the closest system you have where every line has a proper purpose and it would still require an equipment revamp, consume revamp, crafting revamp, scavenging revamp and general pve upgrade. Even if you go to an old patch you would still have to balance them out and trim some fat and fix things and adjust values.

I'll make this simple for you so you stop being braindead. This is inanecorn aka agent noir/nysak/thi zqn. Game over had no notable influence their claim to fame was having a bunch of people who harvested and got farmed for dt. They have had 1 good pvper and 2 mediocre pvpers come out of their ranks. 'kos' didn't create faction wars it was older clans sticking to SELF-IMPOSED faction rules because they could AFFORD to. Faction pvp didn't die due to people not 'kos'ing enough it died because the population died and people started stringing in randoms so as to be able to have a chance in group pvp(aka the issue of your 'group'). Feel free to actually talk to actual people who played a while...it was entirely clan based rules. Essentially a form of rp so as to add more spice to pvp.

I am not here to discuss with anyone because you have another point of view.
Everything you put is from your point of view just as what I put is from my point of view, we do not have to agree because I have not had friendship with you, I just respect how another player you were and what I consider a legal player (If you are noir I do not know it even if you say it). The message of syd and alisha kim, as well as many more people who left the game without posting anything and simply uninstalled, was totally avoidable, given that time has given me reason, and even the new company knew enough to spare. unfair decisions had been taken (in my case it was tiggs who put me and then I removed the ban). What I want to say is, that you (if you are noir) seeing the injustice, your message was something like I'm glad that this happens to you and that they give you, that already there will no longer be traveler -lb alliances (I say that because several from your clan they had tiggs and other gm in their steam friends). But hey, we know what happened next and it's a long issue to develop. I say all this because looking at the past and mistakes can build a future without the same mistakes.

game over for your information was one of the pvp cribs, savangra was probably the best pvp player in the past, shivvy stixx, electrolux, fender, saki, and there you can add to all the clan felony and crazy og who years later has managed the faction lb and do not forget crispy cream and how much he did for the pvp being the head of condemned, the weight of the names says it all.

------ IMPORTANT --
Clarified this, from my point of view, it is not time to look at the mistakes of the past. But learn from them. The balance is made at a specific point, just before gores came out.
There were three ways to equip at that point:
1) the faction,
2) the path of death toll and
3 the path of using crafttin and killing bosses to get the volatile objects. All of them came to a different equipment, similar and comparable in combat for pve and pvp. From gore, a piece of unidirectional equipment has been created by breaking these three tracks.

26 minutes ago, Viscera said:
+1 Yes indeed, She has good intentions, but never used it properly, @Aroa Croft, if only you did organize events just like Hooli, Mature, Ardenn or even me, when i was organizing events for Enforcers  back then.. Things would have been better. No one here is going to listen and take you serious when you fill the forums with your life-stories..propaganda... and also Happy endings. 

Enfo Harvesting/Crafting event for PVP and PVE players

Do not you see that the events do not work? Do not you see that giving free premium for a few days does not work? Do not you see that even taking the change a company does not work in the long run if there are no significant changes? (When I saw the change of company for the first time I thought, oh something big and good is going to happen, there could be a new change from 0, and that's what people are waiting for and not continue playing the same with the same lag

While some players say "if there is a reset I will not be" other players say "I do not play this if there is no reset or change" (I include myself in this second group)

you can call it propaganda, I call it steam charts
https://steamcharts.com/app/113420 Edited by Aroa Croft

43 minutes ago, Aroa Croft said:
I am not here to discuss with anyone because you have another point of view.
Everything you put is from your point of view just as what I put is from my point of view, we do not have to agree because I have not had friendship with you, I just respect how another player you were and what I consider a legal player (If you are noir I do not know it even if you say it). The message of syd and alisha kim, as well as many more people who left the game without posting anything and simply uninstalled, was totally avoidable, given that time has given me reason, and even the new company knew enough to spare. unfair decisions had been taken (in my case it was tiggs who put me and then I removed the ban). What I want to say is, that you (if you are noir) seeing the injustice, your message was something like I'm glad that this happens to you and that they give you, that already there will no longer be traveler -lb alliances (I say that because several from your clan they had tiggs and other gm in their steam friends). But hey, we know what happened next and it's a long issue to develop. I say all this because looking at the past and mistakes can build a future without the same mistakes.

game over for your information was one of the pvp cribs, savangra was probably the best pvp player in the past, shivvy stixx, electrolux, fender, saki, and there you can add to all the clan felony and crazy og who years later has managed the faction lb and do not forget crispy cream and how much he did for the pvp being the head of condemned, the weight of the names says it all.

------ IMPORTANT --
Clarified this, from my point of view, it is not time to look at the mistakes of the past. But learn from them. The balance is made at a specific point, just before gores came out.
There were three ways to equip at that point:
1) the faction,
2) the path of death toll and
3 the path of using crafttin and killing bosses to get the volatile objects. All of them came to a different equipment, similar and comparable in combat for pve and pvp. From gore, a piece of unidirectional equipment has been created by breaking these three tracks.

Those people would of left eventually. It's been nearly a decade and a lot changes in that time. Yeah I mocked your ban because you were obnoxious due to your stupidity(or at least poor ability to communicate your message). Ehh tiggs can be influenced but isn't anyone's pet. No one wanted you banned or would over some inane insult.

Savangra was the only good one. Shivy was decent. Felony was from active saints at the time really. Crazy og was never actually influential or notable. Condemned under chrispy cream was only notable due to gore...aka why they actively defended gore.

1) Only armor mattered and it was due to how easy it was to get initially.
2) Best armor and some ok weapons.
3) Had decent weapons but it depended.

In all reality up until 1.9 crafted weapons were supreme. DT and faction were good but that was because crafted was still a tier behind and typically had less bonus stats. Gore could of been fine but they wanted to pigeonhole people into having to get it and then make a key resource be one you had to fight over and therefor even more important to have them. Then continued to make stupid decisions they have always made due to poor understanding on what people wanted. 

33 minutes ago, Aroa Croft said:
Do not you see that the events do not work? Do not you see that giving free premium for a few days does not work? Do not you see that even taking the change a company does not work in the long run if there are no significant changes? (When I saw the change of company for the first time I thought, oh something big and good is going to happen, there could be a new change from 0, and that's what people are waiting for and not continue playing the same with the same lag

While some players say "if there is a reset I will not be" other players say "I do not play this if there is no reset or change" (I include myself in this second group)

https://steamcharts.com/app/113420
A flat reset or reroll wouldn't restore FE. Those would depend on old players returning when you would likely want to revamp it to some extent and bring in new people but still offer old people a place they recognize.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aroa Croft said:

https://steamcharts.com/app/113420
Eh what?, The propaganda i was talking about has nothing to do with steam charts  lol.. And the events did work out pretty well. there were more pvp, new players and crafters were able to learn new things, could craft cuz we brought instas and also meet other players at these events not only that,  the ppl who tried to raid the events had fun aswell..  'Win - Win Situation right here!

Biggest downfall was banning a lot of players, including veterans.. who  were responsible for organizing events like that and the lack of new content and horrible lag, which made a lot of ppl quit FE.  You kinda dissapoint me Aroa for someone who has good intentions. Edited by Viscera

58 minutes ago, MICFILLER said:

Those people would of left eventually. It's been nearly a decade and a lot changes in that time. Yeah I mocked your ban because you were obnoxious due to your stupidity(or at least poor ability to communicate your message). Ehh tiggs can be influenced but isn't anyone's pet. No one wanted you banned or would over some inane insult.

Savangra was the only good one. Shivy was decent. Felony was from active saints at the time really. Crazy og was never actually influential or notable. Condemned under chrispy cream was only notable due to gore...aka why they actively defended gore.

1) Only armor mattered and it was due to how easy it was to get initially.
2) Best armor and some ok weapons.
3) Had decent weapons but it depended.

In all reality up until 1.9 crafted weapons were supreme. DT and faction were good but that was because crafted was still a tier behind and typically had less bonus stats. Gore could of been fine but they wanted to pigeonhole people into having to get it and then make a key resource be one you had to fight over and therefor even more important to have them. Then continued to make stupid decisions they have always made due to poor understanding on what people wanted. 

A flat reset or reroll wouldn't restore FE. Those would depend on old players returning when you would likely want to revamp it to some extent and bring in new people but still offer old people a place they recognize.
Possibly my communication in English was poor, that is something that many people have taken as a weapon against me (I'm sorry if I have to use a translator 24 hours or if I understand little or nothing when people speak English in raidcall) . I buy you a lot of what you say, but probably without og and jasmine the disappearance of the lb faction will have disappeared after the massive red alert unfair ban ( some  from banned people who did nothing from my point of view) , so I find it more than relevant to og. The thing about crispy, well I have no words about what he did with a clan that has never openly offered to do pvp until he arrived.
Going back to the important points, re explain.
1) FACTION PATH : a difficult road given that collecting faction points costs a lot (here you need to obtain faction points and also crafting points).
 2) DEATH TOLL PATH:  difficult road also doing pvp in open or blood sports (here you need to get death toll points)
3) PVE AND KILL BOSSES PATH:  A path also difficult since you need to kill specific bosses difficult to collect materials or make events like the one of citacel that gives a unique object (here you need unique objects and crafing points)
As you can see, there is variety, and as you see the end of the three roads, they arrive at weapons and equipment totally different and that in turn have similar states. This is the essence of the fallen earth. This does not go from pvp or pve, but this goes from a global essence. instead of throwing gores, they should have expanded these three paths, that is, added: Path 1: more faction equipment, more faction recipes and new missions road 2: more bosses, more missions for this, more recipes path 3: simply expand the recipes of AP death toll books, although the pvp did not need new updates.
Sincerely, we are before a new company which, sincerely, does not have the obligation to recognize the veterans of another company to make a new progression and make a game at their discretion (I include myself here as veteran if you leave me)
56 minutes ago, Viscera said:
Eh what?, The propaganda i was talking about has nothing to do with steam charts  lol.. And the events did work out pretty well. there were more pvp, new players and crafters were able to learn new things, could craft cuz we brought instas and also meet other players at these events not only that,  the ppl who tried to raid the events had fun aswell..  'Win - Win Situation right here!

Biggest downfall was banning a lot of players, including veterans.. who  were responsible for organizing events like that and the lack of new content and horrible lag, which made a lot of ppl quit FE.  You kinda dissapoint me Aroa for someone who has good intentions.
I have no dissapoint you and i know you have good intentions, but................. well, i lost all hope since nothing new is happening Edited by Aroa Croft

10 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:
Possibly my communication in English was poor, that is something that many people have taken as a weapon against me (I'm sorry if I have to use a translator 24 hours or if I understand little or nothing when people speak English in raidcall) . I buy you a lot of what you say, but probably without og and jasmine the disappearance of the lb faction will have disappeared after the massive red alert unfair ban ( some  from banned people who did nothing from my point of view) , so I find it more than relevant to og. The thing about crispy, well I have no words about what he did with a clan that has never openly offered to do pvp until he arrived.
Going back to the important points, re explain.
1) FACTION PATH : a difficult road given that collecting faction points costs a lot (here you need to obtain faction points and also crafting points).
 2) DEATH TOLL PATH:  difficult road also doing pvp in open or blood sports (here you need to get death toll points)
3) PVE AND KILL BOSSES PATH:  A path also difficult since you need to kill specific bosses difficult to collect materials or make events like the one of citacel that gives a unique object (here you need unique objects and crafing points)
As you can see, there is variety, and as you see the end of the three roads, they arrive at weapons and equipment totally different and that in turn have similar states. This is the essence of the fallen earth. This does not go from pvp or pve, but this goes from a global essence. instead of throwing gores, they should have expanded these three paths, that is, added: Path 1: more faction equipment, more faction recipes and new missions road 2: more bosses, more missions for this, more recipes path 3: simply expand the recipes of AP death toll books, although the pvp did not need new updates.
Sincerely, we are before a new company which, sincerely, does not have the obligation to recognize the veterans of another company to make a new progression and make a game at their discretion (I include myself here as veteran if you leave me) I have no dissapoint you and i know you have good intentions, but................. well, i lost all hope since nothing new is happening
Wtv this would of been longer but braindead companies putting back/forward browser buttons on resting spots on keyboard/mice and this forum only having quick reply and me being too lazy to remove them or edit them before.

Og wasn't really notable but wtv. Chrispy didn't bring condemned into pvp...they were pvping before he even played the game. All he did was get them to fellate gore and stay away from pvp unless their core players were there...ohh and get dv to carry them.

1) Circuits make this the second easiest path due to pve being incredibly easy.
2) longest in terms of time but due to bloodsports its a matter of when not a matter of if.
3) This was purely crafting before but it was volatile/gore which pushed the boss path.

For gear all 3 should have paths but crafting should be king. They should maybe have key mats required from their respective areas but require crafting. The other thing is they should refine the decay system. They should make it decay faster and start with less overall longterm durability(cant remember the exact names so wtv). This was so slow because when they announced it people were worried they would overtune it so they instead grossly undertuned it and ignore it afterwards. This is a problem because this makes the only reliable market for renewable sales was consumes and it made mats incredibly easy to stockpile(which was made even worse with long updates and harvesters/farms). It also makes the system completely forgettable unless you actively play for months.

The company shouldn't kneel before veterans, but at the same time it's pointless to reset without significant changes. A reset and wipe due to duping wouldn't bring in new people nor would it bring back old people. Fe requires technical changes and general system changes which makes it a significant endeavor so better to wait till then rather than do a reset without even fixing the problem or making any notable changes. You for the longest time seemed to be on the 'reset now due to duping' boat but likely it was just you being unable to express a reset being inevitable, but who knows.

Why would you expect short term changes for FE? They didn't shitcan FE with Tiggs so as far as I'm concerned it's already doing wonderfully. They made an investment into G1 and it's flawed products and so in the short term they have to focus on one and try to get a return. The best product G1 had for that was APB due to it's setup and actually previously having had an income. FE on the otherhand has always been a low grossing product which previously was referred to as a '<100,000$ game' by an old G1 ceo. Nevermind FE has numerous issues they have to address on the technical side due to it being a decade old in this regard.

On 10/5/2018 at 10:47 PM, MICFILLER said:
Wtv this would of been longer but braindead companies putting back/forward browser buttons on resting spots on keyboard/mice and this forum only having quick reply and me being too lazy to remove them or edit them before.

Og wasn't really notable but wtv. Chrispy didn't bring condemned into pvp...they were pvping before he even played the game. All he did was get them to fellate gore and stay away from pvp unless their core players were there...ohh and get dv to carry them.

1) Circuits make this the second easiest path due to pve being incredibly easy.
2) longest in terms of time but due to bloodsports its a matter of when not a matter of if.
3) This was purely crafting before but it was volatile/gore which pushed the boss path.

For gear all 3 should have paths but crafting should be king. They should maybe have key mats required from their respective areas but require crafting. The other thing is they should refine the decay system. They should make it decay faster and start with less overall longterm durability(cant remember the exact names so wtv). This was so slow because when they announced it people were worried they would overtune it so they instead grossly undertuned it and ignore it afterwards. This is a problem because this makes the only reliable market for renewable sales was consumes and it made mats incredibly easy to stockpile(which was made even worse with long updates and harvesters/farms). It also makes the system completely forgettable unless you actively play for months.

The company shouldn't kneel before veterans, but at the same time it's pointless to reset without significant changes. A reset and wipe due to duping wouldn't bring in new people nor would it bring back old people. Fe requires technical changes and general system changes which makes it a significant endeavor so better to wait till then rather than do a reset without even fixing the problem or making any notable changes. You for the longest time seemed to be on the 'reset now due to duping' boat but likely it was just you being unable to express a reset being inevitable, but who knows.

Why would you expect short term changes for FE? They didn't shitcan FE with Tiggs so as far as I'm concerned it's already doing wonderfully. They made an investment into G1 and it's flawed products and so in the short term they have to focus on one and try to get a return. The best product G1 had for that was APB due to it's setup and actually previously having had an income. FE on the otherhand has always been a low grossing product which previously was referred to as a '<100,000$ game' by an old G1 ceo. Nevermind FE has numerous issues they have to address on the technical side due to it being a decade old in this regard.
we have different opinions on og or crispy, from my point of view I know that og has moved a lot the faction lb and on crispy, it is enough that condemned has never moved a finger to go to pvp, I know this by darkorina and on the other member who has been very close there. But well we do not have to agree since we have not been on the same side of the pond.

I understand what you say about the game, its value and others. But I disagree with the actions that g1 has taken since they have not been at all successful. The idea of the reset allowing only the first two maps could be the most successful, think this:
-- The idea of duplicate materials, given that the bug has not been repaired, would not affect at all since the materials of these two areas lack value. The dupes that really kill the game are the high level that give exorbitant prices. However the gms could keep track of those people who have a lot of money or suddenly mats.

-- the economy as such right now does not work or do it given the inflation and the high number of things (for all the years played), this reset completely renewed, returning the real value to the things that have it

-- the population can increase drastically and if not grouped in these two maps, it can be a bridge for new players to access the game interacting with people and stay, which they can not do now that the first impression given by the game is of a depopulation

-- I do not know if the lag is affected by the load in the game of maps, monsters and other things, but if that were the case it would remove a very big problem

the game is currently completely depopulated (I think I see 30 people on average in steam, which could be some more if possible, not much more), it is not so crazy to try this.
About the veterans, I believe that we (I join this), we have a clear advantage since we know the game and for me that is very much given how complicated it is at the beginning. And what else to say that a reset with two maps would be to give a new game, such as an update, a new reason to play a lot of people who do not enter the game because it is more of the same.

12 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:
we have different opinions on og or crispy, from my point of view I know that og has moved a lot the faction lb and on crispy, it is enough that condemned has never moved a finger to go to pvp, I know this by darkorina and on the other member who has been very close there. But well we do not have to agree since we have not been on the same side of the pond.

I understand what you say about the game, its value and others. But I disagree with the actions that g1 has taken since they have not been at all successful. The idea of the reset allowing only the first two maps could be the most successful, think this:
-- The idea of duplicate materials, given that the bug has not been repaired, would not affect at all since the materials of these two areas lack value. The dupes that really kill the game are the high level that give exorbitant prices. However the gms could keep track of those people who have a lot of money or suddenly mats.

-- the economy as such right now does not work or do it given the inflation and the high number of things (for all the years played), this reset completely renewed, returning the real value to the things that have it

-- the population can increase drastically and if not grouped in these two maps, it can be a bridge for new players to access the game interacting with people and stay, which they can not do now that the first impression given by the game is of a depopulation

-- I do not know if the lag is affected by the load in the game of maps, monsters and other things, but if that were the case it would remove a very big problem

the game is currently completely depopulated (I think I see 30 people on average in steam, which could be some more if possible, not much more), it is not so crazy to try this.
About the veterans, I believe that we (I join this), we have a clear advantage since we know the game and for me that is very much given how complicated it is at the beginning. And what else to say that a reset with two maps would be to give a new game, such as an update, a new reason to play a lot of people who do not enter the game because it is more of the same.
So you know nothing of condemned or pvp before gore. Condemned was active in pvp pre-gore. Darkorina wasn't but that's because darkorina just did bloodsports. They were your bloodsports superstar who was mediocre at it. His claim to fame was whining that people healed each other in bloodsports(he joined decon to whine about this and try to push for a removal of healing in bloodsports). Though I can't remember all the details about him. Like I said Chrispy didn't bring them into pvp and that is an assured fact from someone who pvped with them before chrispy played the game.

A reset without any addressing of overall issues with the game would be the most idiotic thing they could do. A reset and wipe is only a legitimately strong decision is when the game is based around it or you made significant changes.

-If you can multiply something an infinite amount of times even if it is worth 1 chip you can break the economy using this. There's also the fact it's the lag it causes would do far more damage.

-Also you are relying on having a team of people constantly combing through active players numbers for chips, mats etc. Do you have any idea the amount of shit this would take just to make sure this shit bandaid doesn't go completely rancid?

-No a reset wouldn't suddenly return value to things. FE has ALWAYS had a broken economy.

-How would this bring in new players? Graphically speaking it is an older game and the tutorial is mediocre. A random reset with hard restrictions wouldn't suddenly bring the illusion of a population. Let's say all 100 unique players stay  with this reset. Even if they all stayed within 1/2 starter towns it wouldn't make it seem populated.

No it is an even stupider idea to try this. A relaunch usually is covered on gaming sites or the like so it brings in some new eyes. This reset and area restriction would just piss off people still playing and give no incentive to play or give it a try.

'Come try this game where everything was deleted and the map is smaller because we couldn't fix a bug. Come try "Fallen Earth: Nothing Has Actually Changed" today!'

What reason would your idea give to get people to play? You are literally just removing sector 3+ and changing nothing else. It would just be throwing away any potential. This is an even worse idea than just a full reset.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MICFILLER said:
So you know nothing of condemned or pvp before gore. Condemned was active in pvp pre-gore. Darkorina wasn't but that's because darkorina just did bloodsports. They were your bloodsports superstar who was mediocre at it. His claim to fame was whining that people healed each other in bloodsports(he joined decon to whine about this and try to push for a removal of healing in bloodsports). Though I can't remember all the details about him. Like I said Chrispy didn't bring them into pvp and that is an assured fact from someone who pvped with them before chrispy played the game.

A reset without any addressing of overall issues with the game would be the most idiotic thing they could do. A reset and wipe is only a legitimately strong decision is when the game is based around it or you made significant changes.

-If you can multiply something an infinite amount of times even if it is worth 1 chip you can break the economy using this. There's also the fact it's the lag it causes would do far more damage.

-Also you are relying on having a team of people constantly combing through active players numbers for chips, mats etc. Do you have any idea the amount of shit this would take just to make sure this shit bandaid doesn't go completely rancid?

-No a reset wouldn't suddenly return value to things. FE has ALWAYS had a broken economy.

-How would this bring in new players? Graphically speaking it is an older game and the tutorial is mediocre. A random reset with hard restrictions wouldn't suddenly bring the illusion of a population. Let's say all 100 unique players stay  with this reset. Even if they all stayed within 1/2 starter towns it wouldn't make it seem populated.

No it is an even stupider idea to try this. A relaunch usually is covered on gaming sites or the like so it brings in some new eyes. This reset and area restriction would just piss off people still playing and give no incentive to play or give it a try.

'Come try this game where everything was deleted and the map is smaller because we couldn't fix a bug. Come try "Fallen Earth: Nothing Has Actually Changed" today!'

What reason would your idea give to get people to play? You are literally just removing sector 3+ and changing nothing else. It would just be throwing away any potential. This is an even worse idea than just a full reset.
I do not know, maybe you're confusing the clan ravens de chota (these were very active in chota) or something like that was the name. Well, I only exposed my point of view.
Now with the important thing. I did not know that the chips also bend or whatever. Honestly I do not know how the bug goes, I only saw a video of one doing relog but it was with objects and although I know that with days of much lag the created objects are not completely completed and you receive them several times.

-- Look, I understand what you say, and from my point of view, if it matters that people new to the game see population. the first impression is everything and much more when the game is empty and has a lag that makes it impossible to play it.
-- About " Duping problem" you mention , I think it is solved, not allowing to separate and stack objects. Until they come up with the key to solve it, but I think the key will be in when they redo the game and that will be in a long time

more than the phrase you said, I would say, " come to play to fallen earth, where a new beginning is given, without lag, only two maps to not give advantages to anyone, and where we are working hard so that the following maps be new to old users since we are going to work in the right direction. " . ( Forget to put the game will have anticheat in this new beginning (which formerly was not in the game)  )

The thing is to do nothing, and to play four cats or nobody and the memory of the game is forgotten (this will affect and much if the game is REdone).

Or the other possibility is to reinvent something that can help the game, giving the game some ray of hope (trying to attract people to the game)

Apart from everything said, I do not say that the current server is deleted and reset, although I propose that they give a new server to give a new beginning. Edited by Aroa Croft

On 10/8/2018 at 2:37 AM, Aroa Croft said:

I do not know, maybe you're confusing the clan ravens de chota (these were very active in chota) or something like that was the name. Well, I only exposed my point of view.
Now with the important thing. I did not know that the chips also bend or whatever. Honestly I do not know how the bug goes, I only saw a video of one doing relog but it was with objects and although I know that with days of much lag the created objects are not completely completed and you receive them several times.

-- Look, I understand what you say, and from my point of view, if it matters that people new to the game see population. the first impression is everything and much more when the game is empty and has a lag that makes it impossible to play it.
-- About " Duping problem" you mention , I think it is solved, not allowing to separate and stack objects. Until they come up with the key to solve it, but I think the key will be in when they redo the game and that will be in a long time

more than the phrase you said, I would say, " come to play to fallen earth, where a new beginning is given, without lag, only two maps to not give advantages to anyone, and where we are working hard so that the following maps be new to old users since we are going to work in the right direction. " . ( Forget to put the game will have anticheat in this new beginning (which formerly was not in the game)  )

The thing is to do nothing, and to play four cats or nobody and the memory of the game is forgotten (this will affect and much if the game is REdone).

Or the other possibility is to reinvent something that can help the game, giving the game some ray of hope (trying to attract people to the game)

Apart from everything said, I do not say that the current server is deleted and reset, although I propose that they give a new server to give a new beginning.

Active in chota is not the same as active in pvp for chota. If they were a lowbie clan that is an entirely different manner. You merely exposed your lack of knowledge of the pvp scene before you pvped and took the word of braggarts at face value.

If something can be multiplied infinitely you can potentially gain an infinite amount of chips. Comically reducing the value of items sell value would destroy the trashheap that is FE's economy as that is the only viable way to gain chips. So you can't even properly apply the bandaid without extensive changes.

-Grouping everyone in a small pen provides an initial illusion but it is an illusion that quickly falls apart.

-That's a bandaid fix. To address the most common dupe they had to remove a fairly key component in the game.

My phrase was mocking your revival. You might as well tag it with early access at that point. And really player advantages occur after sector 2? What crack are you on? Meh an anti-cheat is a low priority imo as that requires significant investment.

It is better to let it fade away in recent memory to bring it back in the future than to chop off its limbs and paint a smile on it's face and try to drag it around. Relaunch is not something you can do continuously and expect people to pay attention.

6 hours ago, MICFILLER said:

Active in chota is not the same as active in pvp for chota. If they were a lowbie clan that is an entirely different manner. You merely exposed your lack of knowledge of the pvp scene before you pvped and took the word of braggarts at face value.

If something can be multiplied infinitely you can potentially gain an infinite amount of chips. Comically reducing the value of items sell value would destroy the trashheap that is FE's economy as that is the only viable way to gain chips. So you can't even properly apply the bandaid without extensive changes.

-Grouping everyone in a small pen provides an initial illusion but it is an illusion that quickly falls apart.

-That's a bandaid fix. To address the most common dupe they had to remove a fairly key component in the game.

My phrase was mocking your revival. You might as well tag it with early access at that point. And really player advantages occur after sector 2? What crack are you on? Meh an anti-cheat is a low priority imo as that requires significant investment.

It is better to let it fade away in recent memory to bring it back in the future than to chop off its limbs and paint a smile on it's face and try to drag it around. Relaunch is not something you can do continuously and expect people to pay attention.

I understand what you say but there are factors that omit radically change the context of what you say:

1 - Currently, without the possibility of being able to divide objects, it is not possible to do "dupe", the only possibility is through lag and not to complete the creation of the object. ( edit: with only two sectors the possibility of lag is nonexistent given the low load of the game and its monsters / missions )

2- Grouping all the people in the first sectors creates illusion (unless you agree on this with me), and while I think this will attract a lot of people who start playing the game (think a bit with logic, you enter a game you see a lot of people and you talk and you can socialize and finally you stay ...... if you do not see anyone you go out ... that's the first impression that for my judgment is everything)

-Let's make a brief reminder, the weapons of dt in those sectors so low has the affix "non-tradeable" and apart they can not be manufactured. All the others are quite similar at those levels and there is a lot of variety.

- Anticheat thing I see it very necessary from my point of view, any game that offers pvp should have it, and the less meenos the best on the market if possible, what is not normal is to have nothing and use the hammer to subjective discretion as gamefirst has done, based on friendships

Sincerely, I see you very pessimistic in what you say. Apart a reset or a new server from scratch has NEVER been done and I see this as a fabulous possibility to resuscitate the game. Since nobody offers other possibilities and only criticizes, I do not see why it should not be taken into consideration.

also since if you look at steamcharts (in the interval of a week for example) you will see how low it is, being less than 50 (I take this as a reference because I have compared it in the game and it matches quite a lot). With this I say that the game is disgusting at present. Your opinion of letting the game die is the same opinion that gamerfirst (that's what they have done) I think that matscott in this aspect is totally opposed to gamersfirst, I see that he is an enthusiastic and professional person in the world of videogames (I base this on what I see as, for example, Q and A with nysek, He has shared the images of a possible graphic engine of the game, he has played the game and we have seen him riding a horse through sector one, he is constantly updating the forums when we all know the mess he has with apb and he has seen the great problem of cheats finally putting the fist on the table and bringing something we have been asking for so many years) I do not know if I'm wrong or not, but matscott has my total confidence, and knowing that he has said from day zero that his priority is apb , I think the maximum we can ask (and it's a lot) is this from a reset or give a new server from scratch 

Edited by Aroa Croft
edit ( .. )