Aroa Croft

questions about the possible future of the game

Is there a planned date to implement the anticheat?
I am also seeing the possible new server more stable and more protected (the most successful in my opinion and in passing give a new name to it more in line with the new company), is there also a date scheduled for release?

The thing about a new fresh start from 0 I see it super successful too, that the game is quite crushed all the years it has been running, this can open the names again and make the game addictive again (want or not everyone always wants to have the car first before anyone else hehe)

I don't wanna know how many times you have been repeating the same things again here "JEEEEZ!!", but if there was a planned date for that ,it should have been announced at the livestream few days ago or forums, FB, Twitter etc.

Edited by Viscera

its not exactly start from 0, we will be able to transfer some items and possibly our 55s.

and just play something else, it'll take atleast a year aroa.

i did already my last gameplay active in july, when i teamed with pikahuhu and we did that fights in los alamos.

Just to say about i found it fun, when i discovered about the only one real faction active were they...... ( just have to say fight, they ( all they same faction) vs omni players from every faction)

Traveler faction was broken and returning travellers players ( some of they) had no supportt enought or they had no time for do it, because actual faction system is full broken ( thanks to old company G1 who managed this making massive bans with no reasons againts players)

I am not repeating reasons game need a fresh start ( probably a fresh start with a help with getting back your legit items bought from marketplace is a very nice idea for get old players back and continue game)

But at some point game NEED a working update , and i this is chance for make it if fresh reset comes.

I think a reset as fresh start cant work at all  if game is actual crashed game as now is............ from fresh start/recoded/ updated with new server and anticheat  game need to be as in 2011 it was in terms of maps/ weapons/ equip because it was the best balance in that times ( a lot equal weapons/ equip same stats................... and the most important thing........... faction system worked)

8 hours ago, Kinksta said:

its not exactly start from 0, we will be able to transfer some items and possibly our 55s.

Dont expect to transfer your 55s to the new server/

17 hours ago, Kinksta said:

....Were you watching the same stream I was hosting?

No, only items from the marketplace are confirmed to transfer over at best. And most likely from account history, not from trading.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, NysekZePope said:
....Were you watching the same stream I was hosting?

No, only items from the marketplace are confirmed to transfer over at best. And most likely from account history, not from trading.

i never said confirmed, read i just spoke to matt about it he said we could probably transfer 55s

if fresh start comes i think best idea can be " Recode s1 and s2 maps allowing only reach level 30 ( the most high pvp zones  are for that level)"

That 2 maps are best designed  ( misions/rewards/ pvp zones) and they have special atmosphere others havent.
It can make recoding more faster, ( is not the same recode 7 maps than do 2), and they can work in remaining 5 maps making they far better, with time.

And as fresh start, game will add alot of players, because lets say " everyone player who not played fallen earth would like to be in new game than in started game with much years working, its not atractive to play a old game for the most players who are looking for game"

adding all bought legit items from marketplace i see as reward for old players who want continue this big and nice game.

Another thing important game need in fresh start ( in my opinion) is anticheat working and "split items back or make another system divide items"

just my opinion.

Well, with changes like that i think a rework PvP zone debuff is in order, instead of flat skill, hp and gamma regen reduction (or in the case of extreme debuf complete disabling) it should be changed in such way that would merely balance the high level player stats to the low level ones. As in, giving players in level 15 PvP zone a fighting chance against lvl 55, while still enabling the high level player to use mutations and gear (not reducing all stats to 0).

That way people would not be forced into PvP zones they dont like (or ones that are flat out broken or bugged out *erhm*AlphaCoutry*erhm*) and they wouldn´t need to have alt-chars/ accounts for low(er) level zones.
Though I have no idea what kind of system could do this, while keeping everything balanced and without giving programmers a headache.

Edited by Vít Eliášek

I got a unique item for logging in with steam during a certain window of time... think that'll transfer? Or only items in purchase history?

15 hours ago, Vít Eliášek said:

Well, with changes like that i think a rework PvP zone debuff is in order, instead of flat skill, hp and gamma regen reduction (or in the case of extreme debuf complete disabling) it should be changed in such way that would merely balance the high level player stats to the low level ones. As in, giving players in level 15 PvP zone a fighting chance against lvl 55, while still enabling the high level player to use mutations and gear (not reducing all stats to 0).

That way people would not be forced into PvP zones they dont like (or ones that are flat out broken or bugged out *erhm*AlphaCoutry*erhm*) and they wouldn´t need to have alt-chars/ accounts for low(er) level zones.
Though I have no idea what kind of system could do this, while keeping everything balanced and without giving programmers a headache.

Hard to find a viable solution...
In the past, some veterans even made low level alt to shunt the debuff.
We know a lvl 35 veteran is far superior to a lvl 35 beginner.
It resulted as no one pvp zone available for beginners.

19 hours ago, Vít Eliášek said:

Lvling a toon to lvl 35 won't take long if you are a veteran ,so why is that even a issue? i have like 8 pvp toons and 3 of those are low lvls made for s2 and s3 pvp zones.  Edited by Viscera

On 9/17/2018 at 6:54 AM, Kishoot said:
Hard to find a viable solution...
In the past, some veterans even made low level alt to shunt the debuff.
We know a lvl 35 veteran is far superior to a lvl 35 beginner.
It resulted as no one pvp zone available for beginners.

Only issue is the fact the debuff never blocks abilities outside of that level tier. But then people would make "thinks" at level 55 with basically every lvl 25/35/45 unlock they need.

An easier method would've been bumping players to 55 stats, damage would be tricky so probably would have to be power for a % gain based on level, and then probably make dispels more reasonable so a lower level isn't stuck eating a 55 snare/DoT for full duration

i have to say about is totally diferent pvp in s2/s3 and level 55 level zones because:
-- in low zones exist alot of choices about weapon/ armors you can choice ( new patches dont killed this)
-- in low zones melee takes a litle advantage over pistol/ rifle because in terms of damage/dps ( this is because reload pistols were modified in some patch i dont remember time it was)
-- is posible to share " buffs level 55" teaming with another players lower levels. Really is not a big advantage againts advanced players but it makes sense.

In my opinion low level zones show the old pvp, with variety and alot of choices for equip players ( with same stats or equivlent in terms of weapons equip, lets say weapons level 27-35 do same damage), more fun in my opinion. when you do pvp at level 55  your best option is gt armor/dt weapon ( limited choice).

I believe about  learn to how do pvp in game need a lot of time ( movement/build/equip) and also i think all old players started do pvp in s2/s3 zones.
People who started do pvp in high zone( 55 level) and one day to another became gods  are the exception ( i reserve my opinion about this type people but i have some names)

said this, a fresh start allowing only to go to s2 and/or s3 is more than enought for make a big population in game, because if you allow from start make gt armor /dt weapons nobody will play this maps, and in my opinion and from other users, s2 and s3 maps are the most complete and fun maps in game.

this will resolve about geting level 55 in lower zones for a time because  level 30 or 35 is cap and this will make to game lift and earn population in game.

Lets be honest, a lot of people is waiting for fresh start  and they are no playing because is no reason to do.
Problem i see, is from s3 map, updates LO can do and they need get the faction correct way and not to make a fail as G1 did in terms of focusing more in pve population and misions, and not to make " op weapons again. my opinion.

Edited by Aroa Croft
bad writing, mistake i want say pistol instead melee

On 9/19/2018 at 12:40 PM, Aroa Croft said:

-snip-
Problem i see, is from s3 map, updates LO can do and they need get the faction correct way and not to make a fail as G1 did in terms of focusing more in pve population and misions, and not to make " op weapons again. my opinion.

Do not be mistaken.
Gore and Dome are for PVP not PVE.

They are very weak and undeveloped PVE content for the express purpose of adding "op weapons" and armors for PVPers to use.
Those game play features added power creep and terrible (if any) lore just so the old G1 could make bank off PVPers wanting to get an edge.

Generally speaking:
-PVEers want more robust faction and open world elements to explore.
-PVPers want easy access and arena style game modes to earn gear quickly.

Old G1 chose to focus on pvp b/c it is a tried and true quick money scheme.

In my opinion, there should be no pvp areas in the maps as it is now and instead have a whole new sector just for pvp.

Pros:
- Free up space so the current map could more easilly be shrunk, lessening travel time.
- Create a higher concentration of pvp activity.
- Make pvp easier to understand from a new player perspective.
- Make it easier to implement a lvl balancing system, focused on just one zone.
Cons:
- Bunch of work for LO.
- Pvp introduced later into gameplay.
- Less Faction lore based pvp areas.

1 hour ago, Skippicaa said:
Do not be mistaken.

They are very weak and undeveloped PVE content for the express purpose of adding "op weapons" and armors for PVPers to use.
Those game play features added power creep and terrible (if any) lore just so the old G1 could make bank off PVPers wanting to get an edge.

Generally speaking:

-PVPers want easy access and arena style game modes to earn gear quickly.<<<< could not disagree more on that why you think any pvpers who play fe still stick around? It is because they like the style of the pvp only Fe has to offerr it is one of the main things that make it so unique 

@Diamond
Emphasis on those who stuck around.
But what about all who didn't.

G1 made the decision they did based on market information at the time, meshing the uniqueness you allude to with generic mainstream development techniques. Leading to gore and dome.
In my mind; ruining it.

Edited by Skippicaa

On 9/19/2018 at 6:00 PM, Skippicaa said:
Do not be mistaken.

Generally speaking:

corrected: Problem i see, is from s3 map, updates LO can do and they need get the faction correct way and not to make a fail as G1 did " not "in terms of focusing more in pve population and misions, and not to make " op weapons again. my opinion.

i wanted to say g1 not focused in pve properly, i did bad writing sorry

I think about to make a big only zone for pvp go againts actual mechanics of game ( lets say some pvp s2/s3/terminal/alpha deadfall zones are made with camps around cities with the only puropose of that event) and also game have " flag system " to do anywhere.
Posibly make a "rewriting this pvp zones making them non pvp, add missions or events would be like make a new game from 0, making game alot more pve oriented but dunno i feel game will lose essence from being faction game.
I always think about " learn pvp" in this game require to be " teached from another player" in most cases, because pvp system is dificult to understand and is " bad explained at game start"

Lets be realist, who in this forum know use " heals correctly" from start without being teached from another player ? ( i mean to use empatic/ first aid) or who learned without help to  make " crossheals with another player whe  doing pvp" without being teached"?

Posibly a new " tutorial is needed", i think matt scott played game and can have a real opinion about game start and feelings about when started game. ( this is a thing g1 never did, play and understand game )

• Like 1

alot of ppl liked lowbie pvp, thats why diffrent sectors have pvp zones.
they should leave them be, we dont force pvers into one sector either.

and i had no problem grinding for my stuff, neither did most pvpers. grinding it all over again however is quite a chore.

• Like 1

This isn't feasible but...

New map, new map shape.
Instead of square sectors the entire world could circular.
pvp in the center, getting harder the clothr to 0,0 you get.
pve around it with some sort of barrier seperating the lowest and highest sectors.
This would give the high risk choice of cutting time by traveling through pvp or longer time around edge while giving pvp access to everyone at any point.

Just rambling at this point.

• Thanks 1

I dont like the idea of starting over.   Rather dig a grave and sit in my spot in St Sebastians and wait for last day closure.   While some of you may wish to start over because you want the thrill of being the first person to get or do something, some of us have done that already over the last 9 plus years. I dont want do it again.  SO at this point now that the anniversary is over I will be clear in stating should we have to do a wipe I will not be on the new server. Nor will I redo anything in faction as I have 3 GD factions maxed on most of my old toons.  Not regrinding or redoing anything.  Sometimes a game is just over.

@Mutarenebula
I like the idea of starting over because it will give us something to do. As a maxed out super grinded been there done that player, what do you do while logged in other than help noobs and wait for events?
Putting everyone back on a level playing field is about more than just being the first somewhere. (Rebalance eco, attracting more players, etc.)
You lord over those who want to speed run, but come off as just wanting to sit on your throne at the top.
Either way, it's your personal choice. Threats of abandonment rarely effect policy in these situations.
  Edited by Skippicaa
  • Thanks 1

I didn't make a threat, sorry if you took it that way. I made a statement. Folks have been asking what I would do. I told LO I would wait until after the stream and anniversary events.  ANd yes, sitting on my throne is exactly what I would do. I earned that right.   I didn't say it was wrong or no one else should move to new server. I just answered what I was going to do. I wish LO and everyone many years and good luck.  I just will not redo everything for a new engine.   When I was a Hazmat there was talk about a new Fallen earth 2.  The chosen who in game lore are a member of each faction were chosen to go West and look for a path through the Radiation belt to the West Coast. I could get behind a new FE2 100 percent.   A new game, yes, new graphics on a new engine, but the same game, no. Not doing that.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 11:59 AM, Skippicaa said:

@Diamond
Emphasis on those who stuck around.
But what about all who didn't.

G1 made the decision they did based on market information at the time, meshing the uniqueness you allude to with generic mainstream development techniques. Leading to gore and dome.
In my mind; ruining it.

Actually most pvpers were burned in the big patches, boredom or the system being poorly setup so it pissed people off...as well as poor dev decisions in relation to this stuff. Big one being boredom as FE pvp has never really had goals so you just played it till you got bored or the drama died off(main reason people stuck around) and the next would be poor decisions by devs and an early killer would be poor information on the combat system. There's also the fact this game is nearly 10 years old and always had a low population and people drift away.

Gore was a money grab (this has been confirmed aka why it mirrored asian games with their upgrade systems). It pissed off pvpers and forever damaged a good portion of the appeal to fe pvp...choices. Dome didn't really affect pvp but due to how it worked most pvers naturally wouldn't do it because they aren't your grinding pvers but the lazy types who like to just kill easy mobs and have issues with that(aka citadel).

On 9/19/2018 at 10:00 AM, Skippicaa said:
Do not be mistaken.

Generally speaking:

In my opinion, there should be no pvp areas in the maps as it is now and instead have a whole new sector just for pvp.

Pros:
- Free up space so the current map could more easilly be shrunk, lessening travel time.
- Create a higher concentration of pvp activity.
- Make pvp easier to understand from a new player perspective.
- Make it easier to implement a lvl balancing system, focused on just one zone.
Cons:
- Bunch of work for LO.
- Pvp introduced later into gameplay.
- Less Faction lore based pvp areas.

Gore was definitely meant for pvp as it was meant to earn then some money aka why it has a fail chance and the only way to get the item to prevent downgrading is to buy from the marketplace or get it from a red box(key drops being incredibly rare even for green ones). This is also why it had insane stats was to force pvpers into having to get them to compete. This isn't the case for pve because all pve content could still be done with level 45 weapons(yes even alpha). This earned them money in the short term and pissed off players so they lost them much quicker. This was also probably also partly due to their screw up in 2.4 where they messed with crafting queues for legacy accounts which also pissed off a good amount of people.

Dome was targeted at pvers and meant to be a challenge. This isn't for pvpers for gear because pvpers could get dt faster at this point than it would take to grind out dome. There's also the fact there is no real worthwhile consume for this(i think...maybe premium?). It wasn't for pvers because most active ones were casuals who had difficulty with citadel with a full raid(aka their paranoia about any new buildings and keeping it to as few as possible) due to never bothering to learn how to coordinate in a team or make a build due to pve not requiring it. There's also the issue of all pve content could be done with lower weapons.

The power creep was solely gore and their not understanding of what people liked. They thought always better is the way to go rather than choices(aka why ap weapons are a direct upgrade rather than a side grade). Also the issue of max level being 55 for like 5/6 years and their general gear plan seem to be based off of increased levels.

Well it's more it was the only real way to input a renewable form of money for them(FE's money issue up to that point) as you can only sell the same pair of jeans a different color to pvers for so long.

In all fairness pvp has to be reworked as a whole. So as there is some desire/goal for it. Factions should be figured out and expanded more for pve and pvp(add in penalties so you can have rogues/betrayals and not stupid immunity). 1 zone with expanded mechanics and maybe objectives would do a lot more for pvp than 3/4 different zones for cap level with nothing worth a damn in them. Gear and gain and other stuff would have to evened out as well. You should still have some early pvp zones but have them on the outskirts of maps in each sector(have it be an event for gear a bit below the level around there). Then again like any upgrades in pve it would require population.