Snubnose

Triggerbotting - Solution? Get rid of crosshair changing colours.

You want a solution ? 

Make all weapons with a wind-up mechanism just like the OSMAW, we already kinda of have like a " wind-up " mechanism when it comes to driving vehicles in APB so why not apply to the weapons aswell ? That way it will keep screwing over the trigger botters and it'll bring challenge and fun ahhahahaah

Why are people still saying "It'd be better if they just improved the anti cheat". No shit sherlock. If the anti cheat was better and actually detected trigger bots it wouldn't be an issue and wouldn't need band aid fixes. You're asking for a miracle and people are presenting realistic alternatives.

If you want a realistic band aid fix just say fuck it and block autohotkey and similar programs. If a legit program has the option to program a triggerbot and they can't figure out a better method for anti cheat to detect it then they just need to bite the bullet and do it. Sure it'll piss off a minority of players, but oh well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Signarly said:

Why are people still saying "It'd be better if they just improved the anti cheat". No shit sherlock. If the anti cheat was better and actually detected trigger bots it wouldn't be an issue and wouldn't need band aid fixes. You're asking for a miracle and people are presenting realistic alternatives.

If you want a realistic band aid fix just say fuck it and block autohotkey and similar programs. If a legit program has the option to program a triggerbot and they can't figure out a better method for anti cheat to detect it then they just need to bite the bullet and do it. Sure it'll piss off a minority of players, but oh well. 

We should also block dnSpy
Also @Signarly when you start speaking truth about triggerbots, the closets are quickly trying to shoot down the ideas. Heaven forbid, they have to play the game and have to click, and be shitty at the game again. Edited by Kivron
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Signarly said:

It literally does not justify the means. The average player in APB should not have to get worse gameplay when hitboxes are already glitched half the time. The problem doesn't actually get fixed at it's core by doing what people think in this thread as to be a genuine fix lmao. What is to say that someone who is triggerbotting won't go and cheat with something else or have someone (or them self) code a private cheat that doesn't read off the red color.
You're still sacrificing the benefit of the many to punish the few, the ends don't justify the means.
On 9/11/2018 at 6:59 PM, mynd said:
On 9/11/2018 at 6:07 PM, TrinityFSB said:

Negotiating with terrorist is heresy, yes...  But doing away with the reticle changing color would allow players to use many forms of concealment to their advantage. (Car tires, low walls, bushes, etc...) 

This would actually be a plus in my book.  One of the biggest issues with a lot of areas in APB is the lack of cover.  Honestly, shouldn't be able to shoot under cars regardless imo; it's better from a gameplay perspective VS what's real.
You have to be joking if you genuinely think that car gameplay should be better. Let me pull up in my Pio real quick.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lucidy said:
It literally does not justify the means. The average player in APB should not have to get worse gameplay when hitboxes are already glitched half the time. The problem doesn't actually get fixed at it's core by doing what people think in this thread as to be a genuine fix lmao. What is to say that someone who is triggerbotting won't go and cheat with something else or have someone (or them self) code a private cheat that doesn't read off the red color.
You're still sacrificing the benefit of the many to punish the few, the ends don't justify the means. You have to be joking if you genuinely think that car gameplay should be better. Let me pull up in my Pio real quick.
But, it not just a few people triggerbotting..... smh

There is lots of triggerbotting going on at the moment. But these last few days have been hack central. So much so the hackers are speed hacking around the place whispering their advertisments to players how much and where to get the hacks. I never had that before.

10 hours ago, Kewlin said:

I totally did not understand what he was saying, lol, thanks.

because only weird people understand other weird people  :D

3 hours ago, Tobii said:

It's sad that a cheater picture like that is part of the first few screenshots of the game. /shrug
Dunno, google search is highly affected by a persons searching and internet habits I for example do not get that kind of screen, so we might question where you hang around. (but we don't hae to because thats your past chasing you there i guess :P)

at least googling apb screenshot gives me this

W4hHKa.jpg Edited by LilyV3

3 hours ago, Similarities said:
3 hours ago, Tobii said:
I know you're his buddy and all, but why should I not "bully" him? His avatar is him making fun of someone else's look.
How's that any better. 🤔

Pretty sure the person in his avatar is him because (from what iirc) he has asked in the past if he looked like that dude from Horton Hears a Who.
It's not.. It's another NA player.
He was busy doxing him on the forum until he got reported and his comment deleted.

7 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:
Dunno, google search is highly affected by a persons searching and internet habits I for example do not get that kind of screen, so we might question where you hang around. (but we don't hae to because thats your past chasing you there i guess :P)

at least googling apb screenshot gives me this

W4hHKa.jpg
Just stop.. You have the exact same results.
You clearly do not know how SEO works, and how google present things.

gjJhho8.png
It's based on traffic, not on my search history.

Just now, Kivron said:

How did he dox him, and what is dox btw?

"Search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent."

Little orbit should remove 'red crosshair'.
But add new mods for weapons like:

- Laser sight mod - (analog of 'red crosshair' with negative effects).
- Silencer mod (hide first three shoots on the map).

• Like 1

@Lixil Any input about this problem? The triggerbot one 🙂 Edited by Kivron
  • Thanks 1

On 9/13/2018 at 11:31 AM, BXNNXD said:
F12 :^)
But then I get yelled at for team killing.

22 hours ago, Kewlin said:

What? How do highlighting crosshairs have anything to do with aimbots or hitbox highlighters?

Holy crap, what in the world is your rig that you're concerned by the added gpu load from this popup?
I get 145fps most of the time, but in fight club missons it drops into the 80s due to all the extra HUD crap. It was partly a joke but in all seriousness that popup is unnecessary when in a mission. I wish I could disable individual HUD elements is all.

11 hours ago, Kivron said:
12 hours ago, Lucidy said:
You're still sacrificing the benefit of the many to punish the few, the ends don't justify the means. You have to be joking if you genuinely think that car gameplay should be better. Let me pull up in my Pio real quick.
But, it not just a few people triggerbotting..... smh
Uh, yes it is... lmao
Couple Russians on Citadel that or currently are tbotting who may or may not have been streaming.
Not a single cheater I've seen on NA who has been tbotting or anything, even when I speak to many NA players around my skill level on NA - none of them say they've seen someone cheating at all, let alone tbotting.
That's called a few.

13 hours ago, Lucidy said:
You're still sacrificing the benefit of the many to punish the few, the ends don't justify the means. 
If they block those programs they wont need to change the crosshair turning red so idk where you're going with this. Sure they'll find another way to cheat, but it'll be much more likely that they'll  be caught. They are hiding their cheats behind a legit program. Also the fact that you think people using a color scanner have the ability to code their own bot is just silly. Also private cheats cost about 200$-400$ a month to maintain from a reliable cheat dev. So no they arent going to look for someone to code for them. These are kids who saw an easy way to cheat and are taking advantage of it.

The reason they arent being caught is they dont want a false positive wave of bans targeting legit players that use AHK and similar programs for legit reasons. Very few people actually have AHK set up for legit reasons unless they're from a professional work setting where they use it for a job.  Edited by Signarly

1 hour ago, Signarly said:
Also private cheats cost about 200$-400$ a month to maintain from a reliable cheat dev. 
Please do not rely on what people say on public forums, paying that amount for a BE cheat is just dumb.

1 hour ago, image said:
Please do not rely on what people say on public forums, paying that amount for a BE cheat is just dumb.

What makes you think I'm basing my words off hearsay? Cheats made for specifically one person are very expensive. Those are ones made for people who profit off ingame rewards and make their money back. The more people using the cheat the more likely it is to detect so people who dont want to be detected will pay a substantial amount.

Now here's the part where you make baseless claims about me being a cheater because I have more knowledge of it than you. Go ahead. Tiggs branded me as a cheater long ago when she got mad at me for constantly trash talking their company on the forums and my friends stream.

Not gonna bother replying to you if you dont know what you're talking about. Also its off topic.  Edited by Signarly

6 minutes ago, Signarly said:
What makes you think I'm basing my words off hearsay? Cheats made for specifically one person are very expensive. Those are ones made for people who profit off ingame rewards and make their money back. The more people using the cheat the more likely it is to detect so people who dont want to be detected will pay a substantial amount.

Now here's the part where you make baseless claims about me being a cheater because I have more knowledge of it than you. Go ahead. Tiggs branded me as a cheater long ago when she got mad at me for constantly trash talking their company on the forums and my friends stream.
If we are just talking about a BE undetected cheat then you're wrong. 
As I said, whoever pays that amount for a BE hack either doesn't have enough patience or simply doesn't know where to look at and will most likely end up getting ripped off or banned later on.
With the price range you addressed you should be able to get something way more advanced than the standard BattlEye cheat. 

4 hours ago, Signarly said:
If they block those programs they wont need to change the crosshair turning red so idk where you're going with this. Sure they'll find another way to cheat, but it'll be much more likely that they'll  be caught. They are hiding their cheats behind a legit program. Also the fact that you think people using a color scanner have the ability to code their own bot is just silly. Also private cheats cost about 200$-400$ a month to maintain from a reliable cheat dev. So no they arent going to look for someone to code for them. These are kids who saw an easy way to cheat and are taking advantage of it.

The reason they arent being caught is they dont want a false positive wave of bans targeting legit players that use AHK and similar programs for legit reasons. Very few people actually have AHK set up for legit reasons unless they're from a professional work setting where they use it for a job. 
I see where you're coming from but I don't know anyone who has AHK set up for a legitimately good reason. 

1 hour ago, Lucidy said:
6 hours ago, Signarly said:

The reason they arent being caught is they dont want a false positive wave of bans targeting legit players that use AHK and similar programs for legit reasons. Very few people actually have AHK set up for legit reasons unless they're from a professional work setting where they use it for a job. 
I see where you're coming from but I don't know anyone who has AHK set up for a legitimately good reason. 
Yeah that's why I'm saying they just need to block those programs.  People are triggerbotting only because it's a low risk easy to set up method. By blocking those programs you cut off their safe haven and force them into riskier methods. 
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Lucidy said:
Uh, yes it is... lmao
Couple Russians on Citadel that or currently are tbotting who may or may not have been streaming.
Not a single cheater I've seen on NA who has been tbotting or anything, even when I speak to many NA players around my skill level on NA - none of them say they've seen someone cheating at all, let alone tbotting.
That's called a few.
LOl, you asking people if they're triggerbotting LOL. I'm sure they told you the truth ahahahah.

2 hours ago, Kivron said:
10 hours ago, Lucidy said:
Uh, yes it is... lmao
That's called a few.
LOl, you asking people if they're triggerbotting LOL. I'm sure they told you the truth ahahahah.
?
I'm not so sure you interpreted what I meant correctly. I am referring to average players if they think anyone is genuinely cheating, not asking people themselves if they are lol... Edited by Lucidy

28 minutes ago, Lucidy said:
?
I'm not so sure you interpreted what I meant correctly. I am referring to average players if they think anyone is genuinely cheating, not asking people themselves if they are lol...
LOl, my mistake, sorry about that.😆