Snubnose

Triggerbotting - Solution? Get rid of crosshair changing colours.

2 hours ago, Tobii said:

You would have to remove the player info pop-up as well then. If you were to remove the crosshair color change.
Still not a good option seeing as model size and hitbox would be a problem then.

This part
EKU7Pxf.png

I wish there was a way to disable that popup. It's unnecessary GPU load in missions. It's minor, but still every bit of fps helps.

1 hour ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:
I wish there was a way to disable that popup. It's unnecessary GPU load in missions. It's minor, but still every bit of fps helps.
F12 :^)

There's an old video that I remember about how to improve your gameplay. Not to like just be god at the game, but to suck less.

Part of the problem with comparing APB to a game like Counter Strike, or Rainbow Six is more than just the game mechanics. It's the environment. Small maps, short time limits, ~3 minutes per round. Your entire strategy is based off of you seeing your opponents and the major audio ques you receive from your opponents interacting with the environment. 

What the red crosshair assists in, is telling the player that you have a clear shot on an opponent, regardless of where on their body. 

Remove the red signs of seeing a player, their name, the crosshair, etc... Okay... how do you tell someone is an enemy on the other team? You shoot an unaffected player. 
Okay... say the name of a player remains... Then this still defeats the purpose, because the trigger bot can still analyze the part of the screen you tell it to... If a red name pops up, then they fire... still the same issue...

FairFight is still implemented, and is still statistically analyzing gameplay. That will help weed out these players.
BattlEye can prevent these triggerbots from running blacklisted software. I forget the name of a macro creating software creative professionals use that has been black listed... 

36 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

LjeqPtC.png
lol... ahh the memories

Google apb screenshot and it's the first image in the 3rd row or something.
And like the only one actually showing that.

1 minute ago, Tobii said:
Oh I wasnt insinuating anything.. Just made me remember those days... good times.

Just now, CookiePuss said:
2 minutes ago, Tobii said:
Oh I wasnt insinuating anything.. Just made me remember those days... good times.
I miss the days of max rank 195

5 hours ago, Tobii said:

You would have to remove the player info pop-up as well then. If you were to remove the crosshair color change.
Still not a good option seeing as model size and hitbox would be a problem then.

This part
EKU7Pxf.png

this kind of text pops up when you aim at vehicles (vehicle name), vending machines and all that kind of stuff... does this kind of triggerbot also start shooting when you aim at cars?

15 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

this would give cheaters with aimbots or hitbox highlights, just even more of an advantage over the regular player. We shouldn't plan game features around cheaters. but the anticheat should be imporved to detect triggerbots.

What? How do highlighting crosshairs have anything to do with aimbots or hitbox highlighters?

9 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Holy crap, what in the world is your rig that you're concerned by the added gpu load from this popup?

31 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

What? How do highlighting crosshairs have anything to do with aimbots or hitbox highlighters?

i guess if there was no red crosshair a min height character could more successfully hide behind crouch cover whereas someone with aimbot/wallhacks would see them regardless, further widening the gap between legitimate players and cheaters

kind of flimsy tho
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
i guess if there was no red crosshair a min height character could more successfully hide behind crouch cover whereas someone with aimbot/wallhacks would see them regardless, further widening the gap between legitimate players and cheaters

kind of flimsy tho

I totally did not understand what he was saying, lol, thanks.

that will only work on the most basic triggerbots like AutoHotKey detecting mouse colour changes to fire.

It will have no effect on real cheat programs.

3 hours ago, illgot said:

that will only work on the most basic triggerbots like AutoHotKey detecting mouse colour changes to fire.

It will have no effect on real cheat programs.

Basic, external triggerbot is the most diffused triggerbot atm since it's not injected and as such is "safer" than "proper" cheats, while still guaranteeing an edge on legit players. All you need is to look for the process and shut down the game if you find it, but frankly I wouldn't know if BE can do that without proper admin access.

Injected cheats are another pair of sleeves and need to be detected via other means. Edited by Rikard86

21 hours ago, Tobii said:

This part
EKU7Pxf.png

Do you really need to bully people in your signature? I believe, messages on your profile is meant to stay there, not be used as a tool to troll or bully others. From, what I can see, you're a decent guy, no need to lower yourself. 🙂
15 hours ago, Snubnose said:

This part
EKU7Pxf.png

this kind of text pops up when you aim at vehicles (vehicle name), vending machines and all that kind of stuff... does this kind of triggerbot also start shooting when you aim at cars?
if the car is the color used for the triggerbot, that it's supposed to fire on, then yet it will fire. Some noobs are dumb, as you will see them rapid firing at jokerbox ammos LOL. Edited by Kivron
No need to add to the drama :)

39 minutes ago, Kivron said:

Show me, why being to do something like this is not that serious? A well-rounded player would be deadly with a triggerbot, that's a fact. Streamers, using them right now, with a hotkey, to not misfire or shoot at red names. Example.
*censored link*

>memory
>shoots when crosshair is red
Nice $50 winapi scam LUL. Edited by ឴឴឴឴឴឴឴

2 minutes ago, ឴឴឴឴឴឴឴ said:
>memory
Nice $50 winapi scam LUL.
What is winapi, it that used to code?

19 minutes ago, Kivron said:
22 minutes ago, ឴឴឴឴឴឴឴ said:
>memory
Nice $50 winapi scam LUL.
What is winapi, it that used to code?
WinAPI is a Windows application programming interface, yes a lot of it's functions are being used in coding and are not limited to cheats only.
What you see in this video is a poor GetPixel color bot. Imagine paying $50 for 10 lines of public code 😄
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ឴឴឴឴឴឴឴ said:
WinAPI is a Windows application programming interface, yes a lot of it's functions are being used in coding and are not limited to cheats only.
What you see in this video is a poor GetPixel color bot. Imagine paying $50 for 10 lines of public code 😄
LOL,
I'm sure some of the players here are AHAHAHHA

1 hour ago, Kivron said:

Do you really need to bully people in your signature? I believe, messages on your profile is meant to stay there, not be used as a tool to troll or bully others. Get a life, there buddy. 
I know you're his buddy and all, but why should I not "bully" him? His avatar is him making fun of someone else's look.
How's that any better. 🤔

And a profile comment is public, so I can use it to whatever I want. Not my fault the guy does nothing but leave stupid comments that are meme worthy.
15 hours ago, Snubnose said:

This part
EKU7Pxf.png

I am not talking about the interact part.
People use the stars for their bot, since that will only show up when you hover on players.
And I believe it's even more accurate than the red crosshair.
16 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
16 hours ago, Tobii said:
I know.. I am just saying.
It's sad that a cheater picture like that is part of the first few screenshots of the game. /shrug

5 minutes ago, Tobii said:
I know you're his buddy and all, but why should I not "bully" him? His avatar is him making fun of someone else's look.
How's that any better. 🤔

And a profile comment is public, so I can use it to whatever I want. Not my fault the guy does nothing but leave stupid comments that are meme worthy.
I don't have any friends here 😢 But, bullying someone, doesn't build anyone up, you're only making yourself look bad. There must be some reason, if he is doing that. Also, it's not your job to, bully people. People will, do what they want though :( Edited by Kivron

6 minutes ago, Tobii said:
How's that any better. 🤔

Pretty sure the person in his avatar is him because (from what iirc) he has asked in the past if he looked like that dude from Horton Hears a Who.

I have never watched that before @Similarities hmm
Maybe, tobi assumed it was his friend? btw is you're name from Naruto, tobii?

Edited by Kivron

My opinion is that whenever you remove something that helps regular players because "it will make life harder for cheaters", what happens is
- it makes life harder for regular players
- cheaters find a new way to cheat

• Like 1