Ashika

Final stages, why?

I raised this topic several years ago, and also I clearly understand that the chance that it will be changed is low, but anyway ...

What is the meaning of final stage? I played a lot of the missions when defending side just waited for final, not going to the points (yep, we all know what will be the final), also it sounds not logical at all regarding to the mission flow and logic ... no really - try defend some points, or then try to catch/prevent delivery of loot it's logical. But final shoot-out after this, which is really maters - how's related???

Maybe all those final stages are to be split to separate missions - kind of go to point (with no defense just who will come first) and then shoot-out, or break-in (for both teams) and then keep item, or multi-point break-in and then bring to team base ... 

... and rework the standard missions to remove the non-logical final stage.

i don’t understand

if you remove the final stage, then whatever stage the mission ends on will become the final stage and it won’t matter - missions might as well just be one stage long and whoever wins wins

the final stage is intended as a balancing factor, since technically (on paper) neither team has the advantage of attacking/defending 

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

i don’t understand

if you remove the final stage, then whatever stage the mission ends on will become the final stage and it won’t matter - missions might as well just be one stage long and whoever wins wins

the final stage is intended as a balancing factor, since technically (on paper) neither team has the advantage of attacking/defending 

Wrong

Final stage means that defending team lost all previous points and attacking has advantage and won all previous attacks, and now they also need to win the final competition. WHY?

Removing final stage is removing this competition, and moving mission to pure attack-defense. Defending team has a lot of changes to stop attackers but if they failed ALL previous stages they must loose! They should not to go to last stage, win only it and win the mission, what's the logic? In this case defenders don't have the real stimulus to make the effort and defend the points, can just wait the final stage and that's all.

And to save the drive of final stages - the new "competition" mission type are to be added, with 2 stages : gather all to starting point(s) and then competition phase (vip, keep the item, protect the graffiti, etc ...) 

Edited by Ashika

I see it as a chance for both teams to earn better rewards at the end of the match. It's not balanced from a win/lose perspective, but mission outcome has little affect on threat, and G1 did adjust the win/lose rewards so they're not as harsh to the losing team.

20 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

I see it as a chance for both teams to earn better rewards at the end of the match. It's not balanced from a win/lose perspective, but mission outcome has little affect on threat, and G1 did adjust the win/lose rewards so they're not as harsh to the losing team.

But lost team always has worse money and standing points. Just look on it from attacking side point of view (and take to consideration that it's always harder to attack then defend):  they won all points except final stage and then have 2 times less reward. Attacking side must win ALL stages (including final) when defending side only ONE (any step or final) ... looks not fair and not balanced.

Edited by Ashika
typos

1 hour ago, Ashika said:

Attacking side must win ALL stages (including final) when defending side only ONE (any step or final) ... looks not fair and not balanced.

that’s no different from normal tho

for example let’s say team a is attacking and team be is defending

stage 1 - team a successfully breaks into obj
stage 2 - team a successfully burns a vehicle obj
stage 3 - team a successfully raids an objective
stage 4 (final) - team b successfully defends their vip and wins the mission

vs

stage 3 - team b successfully defends a raid obj and wins the mission

theres no difference between the two versions except one mission is shorter due to less stages, the attack/defend mission structure is inherently inbalanced and removing final stages won’t do anything to affect that

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

The difference is that activity in last stage is totally different from previous stages. All stages are attack-defense when final is competition. So on my point of view the right is:

stage 3 - team a successfully raids an objective
stage 4 (final) - team a successfully delivers loot and win. 

as right attack defense.

Since what we see now:

stage 1: arson
stage 2: arson
stage 3: arson
stage 4: shoot-out ... 

and I see a lot of situations when players even don't protect cars/buildings but just wait for final.