Flaws

Flaws' Ultimate APB Guide

Hello, everyone. I'd like to bring this guide I made to your attention. It's designed to get every brand new player up to speed with how everything in APB works.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1445306227

I'd appreciate it if you could check it out and maybe provide constructive feedback if I should add or change anything and maybe upvote it so that more new players can see it. Hopefully this will help increase the new staying players in the game.

• Like 14

From things I'd like to see changed about the guide: perhaps you could ask someone acquainted with the Music Studio to write a small section about it for you?
Also, I'd elaborate upon demerits and add some more reasons why people can get them (see: stunning teammates, killing arrested Criminals etc.)

Other than that, honestly it's a pretty damn good piece of work. Hopefully it actually helps people in the future.

5 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

From things I'd like to see changed about the guide: perhaps you could ask someone acquainted with the Music Studio to write a small section about it for you?
Also, I'd elaborate upon demerits and add some more reasons why people can get them (see: stunning teammates, killing arrested Criminals etc.)

Other than that, honestly it's a pretty damn good piece of work. Hopefully it actually helps people in the future.

Anyone who'd like to write something up for that section of the guide is most welcome to do so and send it over to me in private.

I see someone got inspired.
I think it's perfect as total start.
@Flaws can I link mine, for newbies most frequent questions?

Edited by Mitne

6 minutes ago, Mitne said:

I see someone got inspired.
I think it's perfect as total start.
@Flaws can I link mine, for newbies most frequent questions?

Go ahead.

Here: 

To anyone reading: If you will be done with Flaws tutorial, I highly recommend it for even more basic tips on how to get around some of issues.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

add something that will let them know 'configs' exist

I might make a separate guide for that in the future if they are still relevant after the engine upgrade. Configs are not a part of the official game so I preferred to stay away from that for now.

I would make sure to stress the importance of knowing the ins and outs of the map like the back of your hand.
I've seen a lot of new guys getting mobbed and I've mobbed a lot of new guys simply because they were unaware of all the places I was hiding/using for cover. 
Having a keen sense of situational awareness gives you a huge edge in-game...  ...and in life as well.

Edited by TrinityFSB

On 9/12/2018 at 3:01 AM, TrinityFSB said:

I would make sure to stress the importance of knowing the ins and outs of the map like the back of your hand.
I've seen a lot of new guys getting mobbed and I've mobbed a lot of new guys simply because they were unaware of all the places I was hiding/using for cover. 
Having a keen sense of situational awareness gives you a huge edge in-game...  ...and in life as well.

What Trinity said, the map and area knowledge can be so extremely important in a game like APB that missions are often solely determined by strategic area play, which again can be a major turn off to new players considering how newbies won't have this knowledge and are gonna have to go through a lot of different missions in a lot of different areas before starting to realize how they can abuse situational awareness and map knowledge.

But all in all, after having read the entirety of your guide, I am very pleased to see the amount of thought you've put into this towards newer players and I definitely think it should be one of the Top Rated of All Time!
Kudos to you Flaws. xoxo.

Excellent work , honestly the best guide i've seen so far .

i like how when you explain stuff the graphics are maxed , but when you're in mission you use a config and edge resolutions ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

12 hours ago, Ketog said:

Excellent work , honestly the best guide i've seen so far .

i like how when you explain stuff the graphics are maxed , but when you're in mission you use a config and edge resolutions ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I would use max graphics in 1080p for all of them but I simply pulled samples from shadowplays and twitch VODs which are, of course, using low resolutions 😄 I might update them at some point in the future. I don't like playing high graphics nor 1080p personally.