Ashika

Save password option

no, really, it's annoying and totally not secure to force player enter password every time. Or copy-paste it from some password manager. 

Why not just play through steam? Or are trying to imply that save password option is somehow more secure than none at all? Kinda lost here

Edited by K3i

Don't know ... maybe because I created account way before it came to steam ... or even to G1. Or I don't want to link it ... 

3 hours ago, K3i said:

Why not just play through steam? Or are trying to imply that save password option is somehow more secure than none at all? Kinda lost here

Steam linking is less secure. The less cross account connections between your websites/game accounts/platforms the better. Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
Steam linking is less secure. The less cross account connections between your websites/game accounts/platforms the better.
+1

I more or less can believe google, but not steam/origin/sony, especially after origin and sony account leaked. 

2 minutes ago, Ashika said:
+1

I more or less can believe google, but not steam/origin/sony, especially after origin and sony account leaked. 

You shouldn't even have google connected to things. If possible all your accounts should be separate entities.

2 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
5 minutes ago, Ashika said:
+1

You shouldn't even have google connected to things. If possible all your accounts should be separate entities.
8-), trust me - I know what I'm doing ....

But anyway, copy long and secure password every time I started the game is annoying ...

You are online security aware but find long secure passwords an inconvenience...?
Sorry but there are player are underage and probably have siblings who also play, and I'm 100% certain that if passwords could be saved then it's going to throw up complications with people playing on other's account.

I can be cynical but I don't think anyone can say "no, this categorically won't happen".
While more scams, hacking and account theft could happen and it wouldn't be my problem. I know it would be more tickets to customer support and possibly more unnecessary forum posts asking for help.

If you want convenience then you have Steam account linking.
Sorry but security and convenience just do not go hand in hand in most aspects of life.

How the option "save password" can lead to

11 hours ago, VickyFox said:

You are online security aware but find long secure passwords an inconvenience...?

Sorry but there are player are underage and probably have siblings who also play, and I'm 100% certain that if passwords could be saved then it's going to throw up complications with people playing on other's account.

I can be cynical but I don't think anyone can say "no, this categorically won't happen".
While more scams, hacking and account theft could happen and it wouldn't be my problem. I know it would be more tickets to customer support and possibly more unnecessary forum posts asking for help.

Sorry but security and convenience just do not go hand in hand in most aspects of life.

How the option "save password" can lead to

11 hours ago, VickyFox said:

(sorry for post above - it's send by lag and I can't edit/delete it)

All I'm asking for is to give me possibility to not enter password every time I load the game or suddenly disconnect from the server. It's easy, I know several ways how to do it securely and I'm sure LO developers also know all them. I don't want LO to change password policy, force user to save the password, care about all security holes in this world or save the planet. Just OPTION (small checkbox, disabled by default) :

[X] Save password.

that's all. 

If you have steam link, or brothers/sisters/cats/cockroaches using your comp - do not check it. It's easy. All I want to have is the possibility to not enter password every time. It's secure and easy to implement.