cowhorseman

look im just wondering but

how in the god dam do you people plan to make a rest of the whole server and our toons work. like seroiusly how in the hell would that fuction with anything on here. from level 1s with nothing to alpha players with 600 billion items. how in the name of jesus will it work. explain to me becuase i ahve not wasted 5k hours of my life here to have it gone becuase some kiddies can't handle leveling alts or crafting or doing any work by themselfs

Just now, forrower said:

I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Incomprehensible.

how do you plan to make a wipe work. while keeping player base up. some people have items that are rare, or basicly stuck to there toon, and those of us who have made many many level 55 and other gear. i want to know also about names. becuase some people will steal anthor players toon name to piss them off or just becuase they want it. all i need to know is how they plan on making all this "server wipe" bs work while kepping it's older player base like me around.

On 9/11/2018 at 5:27 PM, cowhorseman said:
On 9/11/2018 at 1:28 PM, forrower said:

I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Incomprehensible.

how do you plan to make a wipe work. while keeping player base up. some people have items that are rare, or basicly stuck to there toon, and those of us who have made many many level 55 and other gear. i want to know also about names. becuase some people will steal anthor players toon name to piss them off or just becuase they want it. all i need to know is how they plan on making all this "server wipe" bs work while kepping it's older player base like me around.
There is no way they will be able to get a return on investment if they only get to keep old active players.
Since the old player base is all but gone, I think they will be relying on new players and returning players to bring the players count and the economy back up.
One problem is: although we 'should' be the most valuable players, the fact that we have so much experience and items means there is a good chance that we (the old players) will be the ones to unbalance the new system - something L.O. doesn't want to happen.

So you see it's kind of a catch-22. They want to make us old players happy because we invested so much time and money, but really they need new investors to make this work.
As much as I hate to say it, the new wave of players that L.O. wants to bring to the game are more important than us right now.

That said, Matt suggested that he is aware of such issues and hopes to find a compromise that keeps as many people happy as possible, without punishing folks like us.
Can it be done? Only time will tell.

I do understand that this thread is already old a bit, but...welp, first things first. Stop listen to and spread rumors sown by anyone cept for LO team and forum staff.

Next - not everything that Matt or anyone else said is 100% info, some of it is still "food for thought" or "suggestions" technically.

No wipe was yet confirmed by team, until then its all bs.

That "new server" info - well, with population around ~50-100 players a day, nobody sane nuff will create another server (which costs money anyway, and if u dont rent it, it cost way more cash to buy equipment, which is pricey as always) for anyone at all. Since, u actually have to think about some sort of "return of investments" as Drake said, and we r in ftp game i gotta notice, this means that said population that joins it should either spend money on marketplace, or they r never gonna see that server. Thats the only logic anyway u look at it.

And, however said above sound (i dont care anyways), i just gonna put this piece of statistics here - usually adding a server means that pouplation on all others or this one should be somewhere around 2k players at least. Maybe in between of 1-2k, as much as i know. Hence...it looks like u got nothing to worry about yet)))

P.S. - As i stated above all this is "imo", and not an official statement or anything else then "imo" at all)

On 10/23/2018 at 9:33 AM, Creeping Vulture said:

I do understand that this thread is already old a bit, but...welp, first things first. Stop listen to and spread rumors sown by anyone cept for LO team and forum staff.

Next - not everything that Matt or anyone else said is 100% info, some of it is still "food for thought" or "suggestions" technically.

No wipe was yet confirmed by team, until then its all bs.

That "new server" info - well, with population around ~50-100 players a day, nobody sane nuff will create another server (which costs money anyway, and if u dont rent it, it cost way more cash to buy equipment, which is pricey as always) for anyone at all. Since, u actually have to think about some sort of "return of investments" as Drake said, and we r in ftp game i gotta notice, this means that said population that joins it should either spend money on marketplace, or they r never gonna see that server. Thats the only logic anyway u look at it.

And, however said above sound (i dont care anyways), i just gonna put this piece of statistics here - usually adding a server means that pouplation on all others or this one should be somewhere around 2k players at least. Maybe in between of 1-2k, as much as i know. Hence...it looks like u got nothing to worry about yet)))

P.S. - As i stated above all this is "imo", and not an official statement or anything else then "imo" at all)

You are misunderstanding why a "new server" is needed.

It has nothing to do with more player space, it has everything to do with the updated game technically being a completely different game.

You see the plan is to build the current game in a new, modern game engine to make it look and run better. This can not happen without starting a new server to host it on.

1: A new "server" will happen. That's a fact.

2: The new game's economy will simply not work if there is not a wipe of items and char levels.

3: It has been confirmed by Matt (the CEO) that a wipe, while keeping special event items, is the most likely course of action.

This isn't rumors and heresy, it's how game development works.

Edited by Skippicaa