Snubnose

M-1922 'Hazardous' Rework (TL;DR included)

(TL;DR BELOW)

Hazardous is the most disliked legendary in the game right now, for some good reasons.

Other than generally buffing the M1922, the legendary is poorly modded and could use a little skin rework, but we'll get to that in a bit.
By removing the recoil curve system and maybe slightly lowering the recoil, or (even better IMO) reducing shots to kill needed to 9 instead of 10 so an overall shorter TTK is achieved, if you can handle the recoil well, the tommygun would slide up to the meta between OCA and PMG again (like it was pre-nerf).

now, to the 'Hazardous'.

I think we can all agree that the 3 slot M1922 is better in every way, since it can be modded and skinned freely (with better suiting mods).

I'd recommend re-modding the hazardous with Mobility Sling and a Unique Tagger. (yes, 2 mods of the same colour. we had that already and it doesn't make the gun OP)
why mobility sling?
-because it's a close range, marksmanship mode weapon and everyone would be happy to walk faster while shooting, especially everyone below 195 that can't use MS yet.

and for the tagger, I'd go for a classic "Hazardous" symbol, like this one:
UFRBc3V.jpg
or anything else that looks fitting.

UNLOCK THIRD MOD-SLOT

now for a new skin:
I think the current skin looks bad... even the hazard skin that you can buy from armas fits better than the legendary skin...

'Hazardous' Legendary:

1V23EEZ.png

M-1922 3 slot with Hazard skin:
E7otbgp.png

overall I'd say make something new, more unique for the hazardous... maybe make it's magazine look like an old, rusty toxic barrel that's leaking some green glowing goo... or make the barrel glow like you were non stop firing with that thing. I'd be fine if you stick to the black + yellow striped design but rework it so it looks more detailed and get rid of the yellow grips.

but even if you don't rework the skin, atleast give us an option to use it unskinned (that should be done for every legendary anyway).

TL;DR:

Re-mod hazardous with Mobility Sling, a Unique Tagger and OPEN UP THE THIRD MOD SLOT.
Rework skin, it looks pretty bad.
Give option to use legendaries unskinned.

Edited by Snubnose
  • Like 16

iirc you can use the code ‘hazardous’ to unlock different color hazardous skins, i’d like that to remain a feature even if the skin gets reworked 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

iirc you can use the code ‘hazardous’ to unlock different color hazardous skins, i’d like that to remain a feature even if the skin gets reworked 

yepp, I know this. but even with the other colours it looks lackluster... but I agree, would be nice to still have the different colours even with a new skin!

10 hours ago, Snubnose said:
-snip-
Good ideas man, there are many ways to make Hazardous much better and unique.

My additional suggestion would be that Hazardous had clip magazines instead of drum magazines with slighly less ammo and faster reload.
  • Like 1

A code for the "firework launcher" to give it other colors too.
And my idea for hazardous

"Heated Barrel" 

The longer you fire the faster the weapon goes (up to shaw cj3 speed) 

Well, here's the thing, the OCA and PMG are OP and overused enough as it is.  I like the idea of reworking the skin and giving it a make over, but it doesn't need a buff, if you can get good with it, it's very fun to use, and it's not that hard, I don't think it needs a buff, then it'll just become another weapon people depend on, rather than their own skill.

Edit: I like how people thumbs'd this down, lmao, like, do you really want it to be another gun like PMG or OCA? Some people..well, whatever floats your boat I guess

Edited by MidnightStrider

i think hazardous should have something more than just a tagger on it , i will literally be at the same point

Hazardous needs to have a mod that effects its stats like most other legendaries do .

I like the idea. Hazardous really need some overhaul. Right now there is nothing what make it legendary.
I have no idea about weapon balancing but a combination of silencer and tagger would be cool too.
Something like that:

0Zq0WGR.jpg

FjwA1Ts.jpg SMG Silencer

• Reduces Muzzle Flash and Audio
  • Reduces Recoil by -30%
  • Reduces Damage to Vehicles by -10%

mOgRe2n.jpg Tagger - Hazardous
  • Places 'Hazardous' Icon above the targets that you hit, for 8 seconds
  • Enemy player can see when they are tagged
Edited by iTzBlackout
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, iTzBlackout said:

I like the idea. Hazardous really need some overhaul. Right now there is nothing what make it legendary.
I have no idea about weapon balancing but a combination of silencer and tagger would be cool too.
Something like that:

0Zq0WGR.jpg

FjwA1Ts.jpg SMG Silencer

• Reduces Recoil by -30%

smg silencer might be overkill imo, i’d be willing to at least test it out tho

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iTzBlackout said:

Something like that:

0Zq0WGR.jpg

FjwA1Ts.jpg SMG Silencer

• Reduces Recoil by -30%

I like the idea of a mod to reduce recoil, though maybe a unique mod to the hazardous (maybe not quite a 30% recoil reduction) would be better ?
Then again... the normal m1922 could do with a bit less recoil as well... Hmmmm.
@Kewlin thoughts?
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
I like the idea of a mod to reduce recoil, though maybe a unique mod to the hazardous (maybe not quite a 30% recoil reduction) would be better ?
Then again... the normal m1922 could do with a bit less recoil as well... Hmmmm.
@Kewlin thoughts?
I've been proposing a silenced M-1922 for ages, so I'm all-in on this idea. Like VSB said, the normal silencer might be overkill, but anything to reduce recoil, as well as a sexy silenced thompson mesh:

thompson_w_silencer.jpg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Kewlin said:
I've been proposing a silenced M-1922 for ages, so I'm all-in on this idea. Like VSB said, the normal silencer might be overkill, but anything to reduce recoil, as well as a sexy silenced thompson mesh:

thompson_w_silencer.jpg
i would really like the hazardous to have a straight mag, but that’s def more work than necessary, but it looks so nice 

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
23 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

thompson_w_silencer.jpg
i would really like the hazardous to have a straight mag, but that’s def more work than necessary, but it looks so nice 

Was more talking about the silencer (and possibly stock.) I agree that a straight mag would, yeah, be sick, but not really make sense for them to do.

What do u think about a recoil stabilizer like it is on amg“medusa“
just turn it round start with lower recoil then go more the longer u shoot?
something like
-30% recoil when u begin to shoot (first 5 or 6 bullets)
goes up to +40% recoil
maximum recoil reached after 25 bullets

im a fan of clip magazines too
especialy with lowered recoil

19 minutes ago, SunnyMonroe said:

goes up to +40% recoil

that kind of defeats the whole purpose of the rework though, and would probably make the gun completely unusable (more than it is now)
additionally such modification wouldn't be that unique, and people would probably just call it inverted medusa mod
On 9/9/2018 at 6:50 PM, iTzBlackout said:

Something like that:

0Zq0WGR.jpg

I'm really fond of an idea to add a silencer to the hazardous, it would definitely make it unique, maybe also unlock the 3rd slot for a personal mod of one's choice
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, SunnyMonroe said:

What do u think about a recoil stabilizer like it is on amg“medusa“
just turn it round start with lower recoil then go more the longer u shoot?
something like
-30% recoil when u begin to shoot (first 5 or 6 bullets)
goes up to +40% recoil

im a fan of clip magazines too
especialy with lowered recoil

What you're describing is exactly what the M-1922 currently does, so that entirely defeats the purpose, lol.

Also, you mean stick magazine, clips are not magazines, nor are magazines clips, just F.Y.I.

On 9/9/2018 at 8:37 PM, CookiePuss said:
@Kewlin thoughts?
We can actually ask our friend Real Life for some help here!
Tommyguns had a pretty popular compensator made for them

It would also allow the Hazardous tommygun to actually look unique, due to the muzzle extension
cutts-compensator---Thompson.jpg Edited by Nitronik
  • Like 1

maybe reduce horizontal recoil by 30% and vertical recoil by 10% ?

Edited by TheSxW

13 hours ago, TheSxW said:

maybe reduce horizontal recoil by 30% and vertical recoil by 10% ?

IMO the vertical recoil is far more of a problem ATM than horizontal.

the hazardous with Mobility Sling and a Unique Tagger. (yes, 2 mods of the same colour. we had that already and it doesn't make the gun OP, so chill) - bundle that will make it truly unique .