Uhtdred

game crashes if im using lower resolution than 1024x768

I can play all games with 100+fps except this one. When i'm using 1024x768 my game doesn't crash but i have fps drop all the time (from 100 to 50, so that means my game freeze for a few seconds).

I found an old "low graphics" config that let me change my resolution to 800x600, with that resolution i don't have fps drop, game works a lot better HOWEVER my game crash all the time (battle eye kicked you, client not responding popup error). And sometimes my game crash without that popup error.

How can i fix this? Maybe there's another way to change ingame resolution without using that config? editing files?

Sorry about my english, i know it's not good.

Edited by Uhtdred

Maybe its the config. 
Tried the advanced launcher? 

Maybe its the config. 

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Maybe its the config. 

Maybe its the config. 

I'm using advanced launcher.. i only use that config because it lets me lower the resolution to 800x600.

I use advanced launcher at minimum

Already checked, game only crashes when using lower resolution than 1024x768, in this case 800x600.

the game itself only seems to support down to 1024x768, or at least the ui only goes that far

Such low resolutions haven't been a thing in over a decade. You could buy a computer capable of running this game at modern resolutions for a hundred bucks at your local computer shop.

Try changing the resolution in windows itself an see if that works.

• Like 1

You could try changing the windows resolution like Frosi said, and then run the game in fullscreen windowed mode. 

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Such low resolutions haven't been a thing in over a decade. You could buy a computer capable of running this game at modern resolutions for a hundred bucks at your local computer shop.

Battlefield 4 allowed you to go as low as 800x600, but only via a config edit- That was the absolute lowest however

lol is this a troll post?

what is your PC spec?

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

there's always that boy/girl that come and reply "buy a better pc" stuff. Like i said, i play many games with good resolution and 100+ fps except this one, did you read? i don't need another PC.

I used to play 1920x1080 and slowly lower my resolution to 1024x768 because apb started to run very bad, again, if I use 1024x768 i have an average of 90-100 fps BUT fps drop all the time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lumshedens said:

You could try changing the windows resolution like Frosi said, and then run the game in fullscreen windowed mode. 

Playing ANY game on "windowed fullscreen" is not good. Windowed fullscreen adds input lag to your screen.

Do u have an already made 800x600 resolution in nvidia control panel?

55 minutes ago, jmiIos said:

Do u have an already made 800x600 resolution in nvidia control panel?

i don't have nvidia..

800x600 desktop resolution is already available but it doesn't fix my problem either. so uhtred probably has the same error Edited by Idroflwhe

15 minutes ago, Idroflwhe said:
i don't have nvidia..

800x600 desktop resolution is already available but it doesn't fix my problem
edit

24 minutes ago, Idroflwhe said:
i don't have nvidia..

800x600 desktop resolution is already available but it doesn't fix my problem either. so uhtred probably has the same error
Wait, so u have an already made 800x600 but you can't run it directly from the game but u have to use config so u can achieve that res? if that's the case, is that res there by the default or a custom made? if it is there by the default try making a custom 800x600, make sure to  check "custom resolution" box, or however is it  called

17 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Maybe its the config. 

Maybe its the config. 

Maybe its maybelline

12 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

Playing ANY game on "windowed fullscreen" is not good. Windowed fullscreen adds input lag to your screen.
You probably get more input lag from your monitor or GPU upscaling the lower resolution. I am unable to get APB to even launch at lower resolutions than 1024x768. It defaults back to it regardless of what I set in the configs.

APB does not support lower resolutions anyway. Some buttons are cutoff in the UI. The crashes you experience are most likely from your hardware or software config and not APB. If you swap districts a lot it can cause memory leaks and crash, but other than that it should be able to run for hours without issues.