PACwoMAN

When the optimization will come?

So i've started playing since end of CBT/OBT start and had a crap PC like most of players at that time. It was a Dual core Athlon x64, GTS450 1GB and 2GB of PC6400@800MHz RAM. The game runs on that PC about ~40fps (minimal settings), launched for about ~30 seconds. Ofcourse after I've upgraded my PC and it was Phenom x6, 4GB of RAM. GTX660 2GB. The 1.6 update was released - game launching increased from 30 seconds to 45 or so, fps was the same as with old hardware. 

It's about 6 years passed but wtf? i7 7700hq, 16GB of DDR4 RAM, GTX1060 6GB - still fps drops from 100 below 50. U can say "laptop is a crap" and u will be right a little because PC are cheaper/better for the same price. But seriously - game launching for about a minute right now from SSD with 16GB of RAM till Login menu. It's too many. Only Batman AKnight launching for same amount of time cuz unoptimized like shit.

APB - ~50fps average on minimum@1080p
DooM 2016 - ~80fps average on all max (80-125fps)
Witcher 3 - ~52-60fps all max (HW off, with HW 43-57fps)
GTA V - ~all settings at max, rare drops to 50fps, most of time solid 80+
Dying Light - all max ~52-60fps (VSync is ON)
Dark Souls 3 - all max, solid 59-60FPS (capped by the game)
FarCry 5 - ~50fps average, 47fps minimum. 74 max - all max settings
Fallout 4 with Ultra High Resolutin Pack (92GB on hard drive) - solid 60FPS all max, 4K textures, VSync is ON.

I know about the UE3 "two cores usage", I know about the core parking and etc., but the fact is that the game goes worse each year about optimization.

CPU usage about 30%, GPU 35%.

Edited by PACwoMAN
  • Like 4

Optimization will come in 2014 after the engine upgrade that will be able to utilize modern hardware

Every game other than apb that you listed is from 2015 or later, give them some time to get the engine upgrade sorted and then you might be able to make a decent comparison.
Though we won't know until that actually happens if there actually is any improvement

2014 Q3. I think we are still on schedule maduud

so not now atleast but SOON...tm

as usual, the answer is "with the engine upgrade"

fairly sure your gpu should be working at 100% or close to it when playing games. Maybe its a hardware issue on your side.

I still cant forget when G1 made optimization for "low end" PC's and made APB even worst for all kind PC's. I mean at 2013 i was using like 10 times  worst PC than i have right now and yeat i was playing with more fps and less lag at same settings im playing right now.

Idea : make dist. with 2010-2013 updates ( game perform updates ). i bet this dist. would be over pop. cuz of how smooth it would run.

Edited by MartisLTU

33 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

I still cant forget when G1 made optimization for "low end" PC's and made APB even worst for all kind PC's. I mean at 2013 i was using like 10 times  worst PC than i have right now and yeat i was playing with more fps and less lag at same settings im playing right now.

Idea : make dist. with 2010-2013 updates ( game perform updates ). i bet this dist. would be over pop. cuz of how smooth it would run.

I think that they scapped some optimizations around 2012-13 stating they were incompatible with something and they will be adde after the upgrade. I believe it was Jotun saying it but it's nearly impossible to find this now.

2 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

I remember when a core 2 duo with 3gb ddr2 ram gave me 100 fps stable on an oldschool 1280x1024 60hz monitor :') Edited by Keshi

Remember when G1 encrypted the game's files so nobody would steal the Cisco model for shitty mobile games anymore, which did nothing except tank the game's performance?  I wonder if Little Orbit could do something about that?

56 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Remember when G1 encrypted the game's files so nobody would steal the Cisco model for shitty mobile games anymore, which did nothing except tank the game's performance?  I wonder if Little Orbit could do something about that?

🤔

4 hours ago, PACwoMAN said:

I know about the UE3

Assuming that you also know the engine upgrade is needed for optimization
Little Orbit is working on the engine upgrade and other things that need to be fixed as well
And after that upgrade is completed then APB can finally be optimized for today.
G1 kept ignoring it and now Little Orbit has been doing all the work.
Give them time please they have only been here a  few months and the engine upgrade is no small task.

16 minutes ago, DrTilt said:

i'll leave this here

[video]

LOD pop-in is off the fuckin charts, that better be an editable value

the forced depth of field blur really sucks too

Edited by BXNNXD
added stuff

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

Well i do know this was the old version of UE3.5
Maybe when/if LO put what they fixed/tweaked on OTW2 or which ever server they want to put it on, it would be better than what you saw lol
But then again that was on all settings at max

i'd prob still play on minimum to maintain my 144fps 😢 Edited by Keshi

21 minutes ago, DrTilt said:

i'll leave this here

Live footage of the han server.

Just now, Grizmo said:
Live footage of the han server.
Sadly han doesn't exist anymore

omegaLUL

Just now, Keshi said:
Sadly han doesn't exist anymore

omegaLUL
F

As soon as the game is more optimized, I might actually be able to convince a couple of my friends to start playing. One of their main complaints about it was the poor optimization... They'd literally be running it at like 20 frames somehow. Their computers are old, but should be able to handle the game, considering how old it is. 

19 hours ago, Clandestine said:

Optimization will come in 2014 after the engine upgrade that will be able to utilize modern hardware

this post is ... , the avatar , the signature ... perfect ! Edited by Ketog

19 hours ago, Grizmo said:

fairly sure your gpu should be working at 100% or close to it when playing games. Maybe its a hardware issue on your side.

Not in APB. It mainly targets the CPU. Well, at least one core of the CPU and perhaps a second one a little? It's just not built for modern hardware, because it's held together by duct tape and prayer already.

15 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

LOD is really awful in that video. Looks like zero progress over the current engine. I like depth of field, but it should only start at 100m and be rather subtle.
I'd still like to see fog (or smog? heh) in the distance, though, just to cover up lack of details (starting at about 150m).

EOfPP.jpg
  Edited by Revoluzzer
  • Like 1

i doubt its just taking advantage of modern hardware.

my current rig i purchased in 2013/2014, and back then i was able to keep 120+ fps in apb all the time, with barely any stutters.

my rig has not changed at all, except for cooling, and my performance now is barely 50fps with continuous stutters that get worse the longer i play.

23 minutes ago, Virgil said:

i doubt its just taking advantage of modern hardware.

my current rig i purchased in 2013/2014, and back then i was able to keep 120+ fps in apb all the time, with barely any stutters.

my rig has not changed at all, except for cooling, and my performance now is barely 50fps with continuous stutters that get worse the longer i play.

g1 f'ed up