Cutey

Buff NCR-762 'Anubis' Adeen (worst weapon in APB)

9 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Dog ear is a 3 shot kill? News to me. Check your facts again. 

Last time I used to Oblivion I used it just like the dog ear but since it doesn't have the hard damage there is no point in using it over the dog ear.

whoop , yeah my bad , still tho issr B has a much faster fire rate and is just a much better gun overall , dog ear has a massively higher firerate

oblivion has a 1.40 TTK and dog ear is .90 , that's a massive difference , yes ttk isn't what only matters , but everyone can agree that oblivion is one of the worst if not THE WORST weapon of the game .

Oblivion

https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_SniperRifle_Apoc-Death_Slot3_Armas

ISSR B

https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_SniperRifle_ISSR-Dogear_Slot2_Armas

if you were to put two people equally skilled against each other , the guy with the anubis would win in every case , anubis is a 3 shot , has a good firerate and constant ish accuracy , while oblivion loses much more accuracy in continuous shots .

Anubis is more like a bad variant of DMR , and oblivion is a bad varient of ISRR B wich is in itslelf far from being a top tier weapon.

Edited by Ketog

So op wants to remove the thing that makes legendary weapons legendary so that they can customize them a little bit more? By that logic why have a legendary? Legendary weapons are guns with some uniqueness, sorta, to them that makes them different. Out side of that they are a form of commodity stock that can be traded for at a somewhat constant value.

26 minutes ago, Ketog said:

oblivion has a 1.40 TTK and dog ear is .90

I am sniper rank 14 by exclusively using the dog ear. I've never killed anyone in .90. You can at best shoot 3 quick shots with the dog ear, wait for bloom to reset and then get off that last shot. If you're at like 50m+ however you cannot shoot 3 shots in a row and expect to hit all 3 consistently.

Comparing the TTK is a bad way to show the dog ear is superior to the oblivion. 

Also, the dog ear a top tier broken weapon that needs to be balanced. Reduce the hard damage or something. Why do you think the Dog Ear is not a top tier weapon? I used to like the obeya but no reason to use it anymore once you get a dog ear.

Edited by LaQuandra
left something out

16 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

So op wants to remove the thing that makes legendary weapons legendary so that they can customize them a little bit more? By that logic why have a legendary? Legendary weapons are guns with some uniqueness, sorta, to them that makes them different. Out side of that they are a form of commodity stock that can be traded for at a somewhat constant value.

Anubis has enough going for it without the terrible crosshair to qualify it as a legendary.

I sold mine ages ago because the crosshair makes it unusable at longer ranges; why even bother when I can just use a Scout or DMR-AV?

13 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

I am sniper rank 14 by exclusively using the dog ear. I've never killed anyone in .90. You can at best shoot 3 quick shots with the dog ear, wait for bloom to reset and then get off that last shot. If you're at like 50m+ however you cannot shoot 3 shots in a row and expect to hit all 3 consistently.

Comparing the TTK is a bad way to show the dog ear is superior to the oblivion. 

Also, the dog ear a top tier broken weapon that should be removed from the game. Why do you say it's not top tier?

What're you even saying here, I hope you're not saying what I think you're saying. No the Dog isn't broken, it's top tier yes but that's simply because it outclasses every other semi-automatic sniper rifle but that's not a testament to how good the Dog Ear is, quite the contrary the Dog Ear is good because everything else is bad comparably to the HVR and the Dog Ear is the only other high velocity rifle you can use that's viable against either the Scout HVR or NHVR.

You're pretty much confirming my original point. It's not that the game is balanced, it's just you're so incredibly biased and stuck about your ways that you'd rather see the game fail than ever see your precious meta be touched. I'm looking forward to seeing if the engine update attracts new people to the game because I find the current community ^ point proven to be just garbage. 

Don't get me wrong though there are some good people in the game and on these forums but I must say out of every community I've been apart of, this is the ony I return to even from long breaks and even after simply playing for two weeks I'm almost at the end of my tether. You can keep getting lost in your world thinking G1 drove everyone away, but those of us who left for 2 years or more even know the real reason. 

APB is in the most balanced state it has ever been but that doesn't mean you rest on your laurels and should assume that it's the best it'll ever be. 

7 hours ago, DouglasFalcon said:

While I agree that Anubis right now should be buffed a little bit, I don't think that removing is special crosshair would be enough to bump him up.
Anubis has A TON of problems:
-bad damage per shot

-bad hard damage

-can't lean out of a car with it

-bad dropoff range for a sniper

-bad crosshair

I would probably make the crosshair a little smaller or semi-transparent, give the weapon a more consistent damage per shot, something around 400 like DMR, then maybe either give it a small range buff or the ability to rean out of the car.
Another good idea would be to have a "Spotter" function on the crosshair, so even if the weapon is shit you can support your team pretty nicely.

You actually can lean out of cars. Not that it helps anyway.

5 hours ago, Lumshedens said:

They need to rework the crosshair and remove the HVR mechanic where the crosshair is huge for like half a second. They buffed it somewhere around 2015 but then nerfed it a few weeks later for some reason, the gun was viable but not OP (after the first buff, before the nerf). Now it's complete garbage. 

Also this should be in the suggestions section.

It was actually the exact same patch which they intended as a "buff" that ruined it. But you're the only one who really nailed the issue with it.

It really went from a viable mobile fun gun to a sluggish piece of crap. 

I partly mained the gun until that patch and while the crosshair was a non issue for me its understandable as a personal preference thing.

However arguing about it as a lead issue shows how less most people know about the gun or its changes in the past.

Would love to see the crosshair changed to something that doesn't block the screen as much

If these threads have taught me anything its that 80% of the player base has no business discussing weapon balance. 

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

If these threads have taught me anything its that 80% of the player base has no business discussing weapon balance. 

Yes, to some extent but i can agree that in fact the Anubis needs a little buff, if not mechanically, then at least change the crosshair into something less aggravating

1 hour ago, AgentWatson said:

it's just you're so incredibly biased and stuck about your ways that you'd rather see the game fail than ever see your precious meta be touched

You couldn't be more wrong. I said the Dog Ear was a top tier gun and that it should be nerfed. I didn't say it should stay untouched.

From the rest of your post you just seem emotional and if you think players left because of weapon balance, you're grossly misguided. I'd say a majority of people left due to the fact that G1 did nothing with the game for the last 4 years.

You can counter the scout and the hvr in a variety of ways. I'll give you a nice tip....you don't need to fight the HVR from range. There are ways you can counter the dog ear as well. Since I use the dog ear plenty I am not going to share them with you, but there are certain mods and guns to use that can give dog ear owners fits. It seems to me that you want to play a certain play style and you're blaming the weapons for your shortcomings.

The ISSR, Obeya, Obir, HVR, Scout, DMR are all viable and usable weapons within their class. The Dog Ear is hardly OP because those weapons are bad. Get a grip.

While I'd love to see all players return, it seems like you don't enjoy the game and should reevaluate if you want to play it. 

Why does every thread of this type always end with having 2 or more people throwing shit at each other? 😞

just revert the nonsensical balance patch changes g1 did to the anubis and it will be passable again 

Dogear is 4shot kill to me... how do you  do it?

I Don't really think Anubis is the worst gun And it doesn't really need a buff

If you compare it with the DMR You can see that you can see that both guns have same TTK

Anubis is worst than DMR on Cars Damage But you can move faster than DMR with it

Both of the stay the 3Shots to kill (Tho i'm aware of the stupid 2shots DMR on 90m+ thos i really don't think that you can pull of that many shots at 90m)

in my opinion the main thing i hate about the Anubis is the Crosshair It's so much fuckedup

14 hours ago, ninetenduh said:

Legendaries are gimmick guns, clown Guns. Not supposed to be good, if you can't make them good then you shouldn't play them or get better with them. 

*Cough* Ogre-Ursus-Yukon-Volcano *Cough*

Totally Not supposed to be good 

8 minutes ago, Nijavid said:

I Don't really think Anubis is the worst gun And it doesn't really need a buff

If you compare it with the DMR You can see that you can see that both guns have same TTK

Anubis is worst than DMR on Cars Damage But you can move faster than DMR with it

Both of the stay the 3Shots to kill (Tho i'm aware of the stupid 2shots DMR on 90m+ thos i really don't think that you can pull of that many shots at 90m)

in my opinion the main thing i hate about the Anubis is the Crosshair It's so much fuckedup

It doesn't technically need a buff, but it does need the bug removed from it that made it much, much worse than it was before they "buffed" it in the balance patch.

1 minute ago, Kewlin said:

It doesn't technically need a buff, but it does need the bug removed from it that made it much, much worse than it was before they "buffed" it in the balance patch.

A Bug?

While I would be okay with a buff to the Anubis, I wouldn't say its necessary.

14 hours ago, ninetenduh said:

Legendaries are gimmick guns, clown Guns. Not supposed to be good, if you can't make them good then you shouldn't play them or get better with them. 

I think this is the mentality people should have. If anything, jokerbox weapons should all be nerfed to the Anubis level. Why would you want paid guns to be good? I know you could argue that the beauty of JMB weapons is that you can get them permanent with in-game money, but the better the gun, the more ridiculous the in-game cost is. So buffing it doesnt really help you in that respect. The gun has a unique skin, sound and crosshair, to me thats enough for it to be legendary.

Yes, as outlined in this and this thread on the old forums, the gun was accidentally given a nerf intended by the HVR, but RP refused to completely revert the bug, claiming it would make the gun unbalanced and. . . well. . . here we are now, with the gun being worse and used less than before it was "buffed".

Also these two threads as bonus threads:
https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/391676-the-anubis/
https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/389439-reason-behind-anubis-nerf/

Here are screens of the official replies to the bug:
51f0e31e54f73a0020ab4e6ec301de72.png

be7004ce730fa473b2860487e472d8ff.png

d7be516c8e9e513734b3101ff4ba0e8f.png

*EDIT* Accidentally posted early, but it's all fixed

Edited by Kewlin

3 hours ago, Nijavid said:

A Bug?

In case you didn't know the yukon firerate is a bug .

If you take a look at the muntie variants in armas , and see playis with it , you will notice that the gun has a much lower firerate  ( first because of the gunshots sounding normal , second because of the lower time to kill) 

While the yukon has an extremely high firerate even tho it's a mountie , and no , the mod never stated an increase in firerate , it only states " Receiver Modification- The weapon will now switch to Burst-Fire Mode when entering Marksmanship. "

10 hours ago, LaQuandra said:

You couldn't be more wrong. I said the Dog Ear was a top tier gun and that it should be nerfed. I didn't say it should stay untouched.

From the rest of your post you just seem emotional and if you think players left because of weapon balance, you're grossly misguided. I'd say a majority of people left due to the fact that G1 did nothing with the game for the last 4 years.

You can counter the scout and the hvr in a variety of ways. I'll give you a nice tip....you don't need to fight the HVR from range. There are ways you can counter the dog ear as well. Since I use the dog ear plenty I am not going to share them with you, but there are certain mods and guns to use that can give dog ear owners fits. It seems to me that you want to play a certain play style and you're blaming the weapons for your shortcomings.

The ISSR, Obeya, Obir, HVR, Scout, DMR are all viable and usable weapons within their class. The Dog Ear is hardly OP because those weapons are bad. Get a grip.

While I'd love to see all players return, it seems like you don't enjoy the game and should reevaluate if you want to play it. 

You're even contradicting yourself right now, you explicitly said you wanted the Dog Ear to be removed in the post I originally quoted. I didn't leave because of weapon balance you're misinterpreting what I said. I left because of the toxic community, like I've said previously many times. I can deal with bad management of a game. This game was dying when I left and everyone saw it, this game literally couldn't afford to have a community that was toxic but they were anyway and why do you think nothing changed in 4 years to APB..? Hello?! Every time G1 rolled out a new balance patch the community got all pissed off about it and everytime someone suggested changes to the game people got pissed off about regardless of how negligible the changes were. You got the game you deserved. 

Someone wants to nerf the Dog Ear, simply because it's top tier. I'm shocked I say, totally shocked /s 

There were countless threads on the suggestions topic board that were either 1) Visited by someone like you and then instanousely it became a discussion about how good the player of the thread must be 2) It was just flat out ignored. 

I like this game, that's why I came back to it and continue to play it and kept an eye on it over all these years. I wouldn't leave on account of you alone,sorry to say but you're part of the problem. If Little Orbit wasn't concerned with balance they wouldn't of hired some specifically for balance who use to work on this game. I'm just hoping Little Orbit goes ahead with balance changes despite what the community says because have it their way nothing would change, like even the NVHR nerf thread is almost 50/50 split right down the middle. 

7 hours ago, Nijavid said:

*Cough* Ogre-Ursus-Yukon-Volcano *Cough*

Totally Not supposed to be good 

I can't say much about the Yukon, frankly, it's a cancerous weapon. Ogre, Ursus and Volcano, the fact you mention the Ursus as well show me you never actually played it. Ursus is inferior to a Bloody N-Tec 5.

But perhaps "not supposed to be good" was the wrong wording to chose "Not supposed to be better" might have been more accurate. Still, I am not saying the stats of the Anubis could get a buff, but op suggested to take away the unique Mod. which is not going to happen, you basically strip the uniqueness of the weapon, but even in it's current state people manage to successfully play and use the gun against others. 

54 minutes ago, ninetenduh said:

I can't say much about the Yukon, frankly, it's a cancerous weapon. Ogre, Ursus and Volcano, the fact you mention the Ursus as well show me you never actually played it. Ursus is inferior to a Bloody N-Tec 5.

But perhaps "not supposed to be good" was the wrong wording to chose "Not supposed to be better" might have been more accurate. Still, I am not saying the stats of the Anubis could get a buff, but op suggested to take away the unique Mod. which is not going to happen, you basically strip the uniqueness of the weapon, but even in it's current state people manage to successfully play and use the gun against others. 

To what degree? Jesus. I could pick up any gun any use it to a certain amount of success from time to time that doesn't mean it's balanced. I've used my Adeen in missions and FC, sometimes as you said to a successful degree as in not going negative. But why would I give myself the headache of using a bad gun with a horrible crosshair when I can easily just switch to the scout or something better..? Your logic makes no sense, you attest to the fact that the N-TEC 7 is an inferior gun to the N-TEC 5 when comparatively that's completely wrong, it's more often compared to the CR762 which is a superior weapon in every respect to the N-TEC-7. 

You know what the Adeens closest comparison is..? The RSA or Colby Commander. The revolvers are better though because they have higher accuracy, the recovery doesn't matter because the playstyle for those guns doesn't favour being out in the open but behind cover where you peak in and out of cover taking off shots as you recover accuracy, the RSA has better standing accuracy though of 16cm at 10m while the Adeen is 19cm at 10m. To add onto that the RSA doesn't waste the primary slot with a subpar primary weapon. 

I mean the RSA itself is a pretty bad secondary, it's available to almost everyone and barely anyone uses it because the 45 and FBW are just comparatively better for what they need to compete against at their respective ranges but the RSA is completely outmatched where it needs to be viable. 

Simple suggestions to the RSA like quality of life improvements would improve it immeasurably. 

For instance improvements to RSA/ Colby Commander

-Reduce the time it takes to draw out the RSA and Colby Commander.

-Increase the recovery time ever so slightly

-Reduce fire interval from 0.850 to 0.8

Improvements to Adeen to re-iterate on an earlier post I made

-Reduce the size of the crosshair or make it so that it's slightly transparent

-Increase the recovery time

-Fix issue that causes instability of recover after jumping

-Raise damage from 375 to 425 

Things like the iSSR-A, COBRA, Oblivion, Misery. These don't need a balance change, I think they need a complete re-work. The former guns are either filled by some niche that's already filled or they do something less effectively than another gun already can, the ISSR-A is a perfect example it's only ever slightly different to the ISSR-B but is trying to be fit into a square hole as a circle object.