Lixil

[PC] Patch 1.19.6 discussion

1 minute ago, BrandonBranderson said:
I think people are disagreeing with nerfing it too much.  Really all it needs is a slight damage reduction or an extra STK or two and it should be fine.  Right now it just kills way too fast.  Now a days saying "Nerf it" just sounds like "Make this gun useless".

I can't speak for shredder, as I have not tested it, but for other shotguns, I think the least what should be done is a reduction in effective range. Still makes it the best sub ~9m weapon but can be outdamaged my smg's/ carbine beyond that point. I believe that would be ideal.

20 minutes ago, kukki said:
23 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:
I think people are disagreeing with nerfing it too much.  Really all it needs is a slight damage reduction or an extra STK or two and it should be fine.  Right now it just kills way too fast.  Now a days saying "Nerf it" just sounds like "Make this gun useless".
I can't speak for shredder, as I have not tested it, but for other shotguns, I think the least what should be done is a reduction in effective range. Still makes it the best sub ~9m weapon but can be outdamaged my smg's/ carbine beyond that point. I believe that would be ideal.
The thing about the shredder is that it's intended to have the longest range of all the shotguns, and at 30m it has roughly double the range of most shotguns currently, which I think is a good thing.  It's honestly a little difficult to use point blank because marksman is pretty much necessary with it, so it doesn't excel at every range up to 30m.  Personally I would hate to see it nerfed to its former uselessness.  All it needs to be competitive but not overpowered is a bit of a damage nerf.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:
The thing about the shredder is that it's intended to have the longest range of all the shotguns, and at 30m it has roughly double the range of most shotguns currently, which I think is a good thing.  It's honestly a little difficult to use point blank because marksman is pretty much necessary with it, so it doesn't excel at every range up to 30m.  Personally I would hate to see it nerfed to its former uselessness.  All it needs to be competitive but not overpowered is a bit of a damage nerf.
Yes , no need to make it useless.
I hope just make it balanced.
Range , Reload 10shells at once.
bit of damage nerf isn't enough , that will be still op.
  Edited by dett2

When I attempt to launch and play, the launcher is stuck at updating with no progress. The repair option is grayed out and If I leave it for a few minutes nothing changes. anyone else getting this issue?

46 minutes ago, Xardias said:

When I attempt to launch and play, the launcher is stuck at updating with no progress. The repair option is grayed out and If I leave it for a few minutes nothing changes. anyone else getting this issue?

open apbprogram in the game folder

Couldnt find apbprogram but I noticed these messages in the launcher's logs.
STATUS_PATCHER_UPDATE_START 
9:39:07 PM 1852 Download version file http://apb.patch.gamersfirst.com/Patches.xml
9:39:07 PM 1852 Deleting C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAMLIBRARY\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\APB RELOADED\___.tmp
9:39:07 PM 1852 Setting file attributes for C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAMLIBRARY\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\APB RELOADED\___.tmp to normal
9:39:28 PM 1852 WARNING: http://apb.patch.gamersfirst.com/Patches.xml (null)
 [ConnectFailure] System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 151.139.237.34:80
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Hosting.cDownloader.DownloadFile(String sTargetURL, String sDirname, String sFilename, Int64 nExpectSize, Int64& nDownloadSize, cDownloadFileControl DFControl)
9:39:28 PM 1852 WARNING: GetLastWin32Error:2
9:39:28 PM 1852 WARNING:  RETRY (PORT:5003)[ConnectFailure] (10060)TimedOut:A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 151.139.237.34:80 
9:39:28 PM 1852 WARNING:  [ConnectFailure] Download_attempts 1 of 100 offset 0
9:39:50 PM 1852 WARNING: http://apb.patch.gamersfirst.com/Patches.xml (null)
 [ConnectFailure] System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 151.139.237.34:80
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
It repeats for awhile trying different ports and then eventually gives up. Idk if this helps. 

3 hours ago, Xardias said:

Couldnt find apbprogram but I noticed these messages in the launcher's logs.

It's not the right place for this. Repair your client. Edited by kukki

the problem fixed its self

4 hours ago, kukki said:
It's not the right place for this. Repair your client.
but its patch discussion though *exsdee*, my b bby

I'm still just kind of losing my shit that LO is actually doing things instead of saying they're doing things.
I honestly thought proper trading would never come to this game.

• Like 1