Keshi

[PC] PATCH 1.19.6

Hello everyone!

We are having a patch on Thursday 9/6/2018.
The maintenance will start a bit earlier then usual, 7AM UTC for the PC.
We will be having extended downtime for Jericho and Han, which will last for 6 hours.
Citadel will have normal downtime and will be down for 4 hours.

This patch will include the following fixes:
•    Fixed an issue with sniper rifles that caused them to do less damage at max range than intended.
•    Updated the Prototype A and B District select images to better communicate they are special Districts.

PS4 and XBOX will be having regular maintanance schedule on Wednesday 9/5/2018. Edited by Keshi
  • Like 1

...? Since when users post patch notes? Wtf.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mitne said:

...? Since when users post patch notes? Wtf.

They don't, but Little Orbit has only been making announcement threads for the patch notes but no discussion thread where we can discuss this update. That's what @Keshi provided for us and he wisely also linked the official post

4 minutes ago, Kevkof said:
They don't, but Little Orbit has only been making announcement threads for the patch notes but no discussion thread where we can discuss this update. That's what @Keshi provided for us and he wisely also linked the official post
Most of the time i find someone else doing it, and players just end up discussing about it. Weirdly today no one did it yet so i decided to do it lol
But i linked the original post as well while others didnt

And nothing about shotguns? This is absurd. The least that should be done, while "shotgun balancing is in progress" is a revert. The issue of how they became the ntec of close range may not be apparent in mission districts, where mid and long range weapons are often required and preferred, but it's quite clearly seen in Asylum which is notorious as a CQC map. In majority of my games I've played there, the top 6 players of each team are all using shotguns. The ones on the lower half of the scoreboard- not all of them play shotguns, so it's not that they're not as good, it's that no semi nor auto close range weapon can reliably contend with shotguns. That to me is a big red flag.
When the change was announced, I assumed it'd fix the issues of hitreg and ghost shooting with shotguns, but if this is the best outcome is this really what we want?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kukki said:

And nothing about shotguns? This is absurd. The least that should be done, while "shotgun balancing is in progress" is a revert. The issue of how they became the ntec of close range may not be apparent in mission districts, where mid and long range weapons are often required and preferred, but it's quite clearly seen in Asylum which is notorious as a CQC map. In majority of my games I've played there, the top 6 players of each team are all using shotguns. The ones on the lower half of the scoreboard- not all of them play shotguns, so it's not that they're not as good, it's that no semi nor auto close range weapon can reliably contend with shotguns. That to me is a big red flag.
When the change was announced, I assumed it'd fix the issues of hitreg and ghost shooting with shotguns, but if this is the best outcome is this really what we want?

using fc - especially asylum - as evidence isnt really great imo

before the shotgun changes you'd be hard pressed to find those same top scorers without oca/pmg/ntec

not saying shotguns are fine tho
  • Like 1

Just now, BXNNXD said:
using fc - especially asylum - as evidence isnt really great imo

before the shotgun changes you'd be hard pressed to find those same top scorers without oca/pmg/ntec

not saying shotguns are fine tho
I don't see why not. I should note, that in, for example, item hold games, which go on with item being in a wide open space for most of the mission, other weapons become relevant and scoreboard is then more varied. But in all other games, where most of the action is happening in closed, tight spaces, shotguns dominate and that's not good. How that translates into mission districts- for cqc objectives, shotguns become the only reliable choice and all other options become niche/off picks. Same as N-tec is/was the only truly reliable choice out of all the available star's and far's and in some cases even obeya's and obir's.
Do you see what I mean? You can still use STAR or FAR for mid range and now OCA and Carbine for cqc, but in most cases you wouldn't when you'd feel that with n-tec/ shotgun you'd have better chances of opposing your opponent.

I can make a subforum for patch discussions if you guys want.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Lixil said:

i think in the end g1 actually had the best solution, which was a discussion thread pinned in social for every patch and when a new patch (and thread) were released the old one was unpinned

might make things a little messy on occasion with the number of pinned threads but otherwise people will just make their own threads all the time imo, since a lot of forum goers only bother with social discussion subforum
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Lixil said:

That could be convenient, sure.

Just now, BXNNXD said:
i think in the end g1 actually had the best solution, which was a discussion thread pinned in social for every patch and when a new patch (and thread) were released the old one was unpinned

might make things a little messy on occasion with the number of pinned threads but otherwise people will just make their own threads all the time imo, since a lot of forum goers only bother with social discussion subforum
Maybe make subforum on social, we already have too many pinned topics as it is here :x

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lixil said:
Maybe make subforum on social, we already have too many pinned topics as it is here :x
sounds good to me, since i agree about the pins lol

25 minutes ago, Lixil said:

we had before with g1 but we got a lot of pinned post already, which are also VERY IMPORTANT pin post so a subforums for patches are great tbh 🙂

welp there is a subforums for patches now. and the first post of that subforums is this

aa

Edited by SK4LP

Just now, SK4LP said:

kick some patootie
satrt with BXNNXD
hmmm why not , when i see a message from dis guy for ex,,,i just leave and dont read,,, (just read his last 100 message )
can we have a BDD of real player in dis game
a real notoriety standing player ,,, and not a loud one
cause plz,,,dis forum ...hmmm..

Did you know he also microwaves his eggs?!?!?!?!?!?

aa

Edited by SK4LP

1 minute ago, SK4LP said:

kick some patootie
satrt with BXNNXD
hmmm why not , when i see a message from dis guy for ex,,,i just leave and dont read,,, (just read his last 100 message )
can we have a BDD of real player in dis game
a real notoriety standing player ,,, and not a loud one
cause plz,,,dis forum ...hmmm..

i contribute daily to discussions, dunno if the same could be said about you

Just now, CookiePuss said:
Did you know he also microwaves his eggs?!?!?!?!?!?
pls no booli

aa

Edited by SK4LP

16 minutes ago, SK4LP said:

u contribute with wut ? ,,, plz,,,u just spam forum for nothg

your last participation here,,,thx oi for dat

i m bored to see only u in forum,,,plz, can u say smthg smart
or u just here to make some score,,,,no mod here,,if i was one i would tell u u to plz ....
BXNNXD  plz ,  speak less play more ! (btw,,i ve never see u in game....) (we need a BDD of player somewhere)

conveniently cherry picking posts is neat - seeing as you went to my profile there's 15 other contributing posts on the same page you pulled the jokes from

i play pretty regularly but i havent had time in the last week, tho given your tenuous grasp on the english language im guessing we play on different servers 

27 minutes ago, SK4LP said:

u contribute with wut ? ,,, plz,,,u just spam forum for nothg

your last participation here,,,thx oi for dat

i m bored to see only u in forum,,,plz, can u say smthg smart
or u just here to make some score,,,,no mod here,,if i was one i would tell u u to plz ....
BXNNXD  plz ,  speak less play more ! (btw,,i ve never see u in game....) (we need a BDD of player somewhere)

Is this a bad english thing?
Or more of an AngryNerdz thing?

Also, Im averaging almost 1,000 kills a week, can I talk?

aa

Edited by SK4LP

13 minutes ago, SK4LP said:
i wont come back here to discuss with some trump fanboi
Wait, am I the Trump fanboy or is BXNNXD ?