Engine Upgrade is what hes abbreviating here i think

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:
5 minutes ago, Keshi said:

ue*   btw
^.^

Engine Upgrade is what hes abbreviating here i think
ye my bad..misreading on phone op 😢
  • Like 1

I don't know if Vivox is actually a good feature, or a bad one...

3rd party voice programs are far better, Teamspeak, Ventrilo, Discord, whatever else... even Skype i guess.

Not a great idea to push the Engine 3.5 update cause of a voice-chat feature that hasn't been working for years, and nobody really uses it anymore. There's much better voice options for gamers out there like Discord/Teamspeak/Vent, even if it was working, I don't understand why would anyone choose the in-game voip instead of those programs. 

After-all, I think we all agree that it should be fixed but at the same time, we've been waiting for the engine upgrade for 4 years now, and it kept getting pushed,pushed and pushed by simply small features that can be fixed after it's implemented. Don't make your community wait longer, and just listen to the majority.  

I like voip a lot, and I use it a lot to talk, taunt, or just scream at ppl, so I was kinda sad to find out that nobody can hear my beautiful voice. It may add so much fun to the game so I disagree that it should be completely removed, but we are all waiting for eu for so long already, I d rather play without voip to get our very awaited eu sooner.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

This would be a terrible error in judgement, nobody cares about vivox, nobody uses it, as it was never reliable nor convenient enough to choose it over other VoIP services. There is close to nothing you can put ahead of engine upgrade that community wouldn't mind and, frankly, this looks like a smokescreen to hide some problems with the upgrade to me.

Hi all,

I have updated the main post.

I recieved word that Vivox feels they can recreate our servers and have them back online for all platforms (possibly) by the weekend without any changes from us.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Never used it in all those years.
Never worked for me also.

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I recieved word that Vivox feels they can recreate our servers and have them back online for all platforms (possibly) by the weekend without any changes from us.

Thanks,
Matt

It's good to hear this isn't turning into a larger issue that it needed to be.

8 hours ago, Kempington said:

Sadly, this is what happened last time. Other things kept getting in the way of the 3.5 upgrade. 

I'd say put it to the side for now, since the process will take a while. The engine upgrade is far more important. Most players just use 3rd party voice comms anyway, such as discord, teamspeak etc. If you still want to fix it, do it after the engine, if possible.

dat.Also can u separate main game sound from voip in diferent tracks so we can decrease volume of game without volume of voip cause theyr conected right now.U touchin it right now anyway

im pretty sure less than 5% of the PC playerbase uses vivox , i honestly think pretty much anyone would rather have vivox disabled to have 3.5 first , then have that fixed .

i don't know about the console version tho ...

6 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

please.... this is great. do not put UE3.5 on hold :')
4 hours ago, TheMessiah said:
13 hours ago, Kempington said:

dat.Also can u separate main game sound from voip in diferent tracks so we can decrease volume of game without volume of voip cause theyr conected right now.U touchin it right now anyway
+1

Who uses voicechat exept the guys using it on social district to troll or annoy people?

And why should a new system be integrated before the engine upgrade? I mean. There are way better options than Vivox.... or better options to implement vivox

11 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

I like voip a lot, and I use it a lot to talk, taunt, or just scream at ppl, so I was kinda sad to find out that nobody can hear my beautiful voice.

Pls stop being THAT guy, if that's true

Thx 

10 hours ago, Ketog said:

im pretty sure less than 5% of the PC playerbase uses vivox , i honestly think pretty much anyone would rather have vivox disabled to have 3.5 first , then have that fixed .

i don't know about the console version tho ...

I use it as well as discord at the same time.

Hi all,

Voicechat is back online for all platforms. Kudos to Vivox for taking care of the issue, building us brand new servers, and upgrading our system to their latest codebase.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

That's pretty awesome. Any idea on what improvements we might see/feel (hear?) as the end user?

8 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Voicechat is back online for all platforms. Kudos to Vivox for taking care of the issue, building us brand new servers, and upgrading our system to their latest codebase.

Thanks,
Matt

Is a Blogpost in the works or planned right now? It feels like priorities have been all over the place recently and I myself and many others really want to know how the 3.5 update is coming along, screenshots / videos would be greatly appreciated. Edited by Frosi
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If game sound is still not separate from voip gonna be a shame.By the way warface(another f2p game i play)recently start using voip(vivox)and there both tracks are not connected.You can increase/decrease volume of game sounds and not affecting voip/mic volume.Means that in apb is possible too..ill log later and if its not like that gonna be pity

3 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

If game sound is still not separate from voip gonna be a shame.By the way warface(another f2p game i play)recently start using voip(vivox)and there both tracks are not connected.You can increase/decrease volume of game sounds and not affecting voip/mic volume.Means that in apb is possible too..ill log later and if its not like that gonna be pity

You can adjust vivox and apb volume seperately through the windows volume mixer. I keep vivox maxed and apb around 20.