Beastie

1-19-6 Weapon Prototype District Changes

you know what would help out a lot of newer players, and also many veterans? having the weapon stats ingame...
instead of these broken bars, implement text like on the APBDB.

because with these changes, for example, you can't just say "every AR has 50m range" anymore...
would be cool to have all the stats ingame, instead of having to go to an external website that sometimes isn't updated.

regarding the ntec:
as others pointed out before: test A seems fine, but use the jump modifier of test B on it.

also, CSG felt quite bad now, compared to the JG.. maybe make the CSG firerate the same as JG, or buff the pellet count for 2 shots (15 instead of 16)?

3 hours ago, LO_Beastie said:

This affects the following: ATAC, COBR-A, FAR, Raptor, S1-FA, STAR

I'm confused about the COBR-A here... did it always have 50m range? I thought since it's more of an automated version of the carbine / huntress with great hipfire accuracy, it had 40m range... the APBDB says it's 50m though... so what's fact here? someone help me out, thanks 🙂

looking forward to further buffs for underpowered weapons!

edit:
forgot to mention other shotguns...

NFAS, shredder and DOW Thumper are still too forgiving, therefore kinda OP compared to what's coming for CSG and JG. they also need their 3 shot pellet count increased (so you have to hit more pellets in order to kill).
but be carfeul with that, we don't wanna drift back into uselessness with these guns.

for the nfas I'd recommend slightly increasing the 3 shot pellet count, other than that it's fine.
same goes for the DOW Thumper, but increase magazine size +1.
shredder could have it's 3 shot pellet count increased quite a bit, but make it shoot slightly faster again (not as fast as you did before though).
I'd also reduce shredder range to 15m, so IR3 can still get good shots up to ~25-30m. this also promotes using CJ3, as it increases spread but also firerate, with the initial fire rate slightly increased and also the pellet count changed it would be a nice choice for closer combat, and not "shotgun sniping".
Edited by Snubnose

24 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

you know what would help out a lot of newer players, and also many veterans? having the weapon stats ingame...

because with these changes, for example, you can't just say "every AR has 50m range" anymore...
would be cool to have all the stats ingame, instead of having to go to an external website that sometimes isn't updates.

+1

1 hour ago, Snubnose said:

I'm confused about the COBR-A here... did it always have 50m range? I thought since it's more of an automated version of the carbine / huntress with great hipfire accuracy, it had 40m range... the APBDB says it's 50m though... so what's fact here? someone help me out, thanks 🙂

https://db.apbvault.net/ is basically APB DB mkII and it's currently being mantained by speedz

It shows the COBR-A as having a 50m range

Okay. I'm cool with you guys balancing the game and stuff but I think you forgot to add one weapon to the balacing pile that needs a change ASAP - Harbringer. It is overshadowed by every other sidearm in the game.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Szambi said:

Okay. I'm cool with you guys balancing the game and stuff but I think you forgot to add one weapon to the balacing pile that needs a change ASAP - Harbringer. It is overshadowed by every other sidearm in the game.

this is so very wrong. it works great at long range and it works great at short range too.
that said, I think the entire list of sidearms needs a go over, as there's some ranges/weapon types that the free secondaries simply doesn't cover.

CR762 desperately needs a nerf in close range; only gun that I can really say dominates all ranges and is winning fights in close range when using cj3 

5 hours ago, Nitronik said:

I think NTEC Test B is way too inaccurate, it makes it really easy to miss shots at longer ranges even if your aim is on point

Agreed.

Test A N-tec with the jump shooting nerf from B is probably the best solution overall. Please don't go with Test B's accuracy; we desperately do not need more RNG in this game.

Also a moment of silence for the ATAC 'Patroller', it's going to end up with less range and a slower fire rate the way these balance changes are going.
  • Thanks 1

.... nothing, nvm

Edited by Archon

@MattScott
@LO_Beastie

Would be nice if you look at Yukon to the prices are very low
its bit useless how it is now

would be nice if there would be a  damage increase for long range use maby then it feels more balanced.
for close range make it bit the same as S-AS PDW or a N-FA 9

and what about cap40, because they changed it to when they changed oca

When you talk about the ntec
are you going to change the ntec ursus to ? 

Edited by eazy-vinny

2 hours ago, Szambi said:

there's more than that, but I'm sure they're not done with rebalancing, this is just the first pass.
for example, with the recent SWARM changes, the ALIG got overshadowed now. so I reckon they should buff ALIG accuracy or something to make up for the SWARM changes.

here are some more weapons that could use some tweaking:

ALIG (better accuracy to make up for the SWARM overshadowing)
Harbinger (reduce max bloom + faster bloom recovery)
Snubnose (either TTK increase or accuracy + range. with the TTK increase I'd go for 0.8 TTK, so it's a high risk high reward secondary like the .45AP)
UL-3 (max bloom slightly buffed)
OCSP 'Kommandant' (max bloom slightly buffed)
RFP-9 (fire rate decreased or range reduced)
ACT 44 (slightly better accuracy for more consistent shots on range)
RSA (slightly better accuracy for more consistent shots on range)
M 1922 + Hazardous (Reduced recoil, no build-up + remod the hazardous, and give it something more unique like mobility sling + unique tagger symbol)
VBR (max bloom + hipfire accuracy buffed)
Scoped N-TEC (I dunno, do some magic or just make it a regular N-TEC. I'd be fine if it would be an N-TEC 7 reskin)
S1-NA 'Manic' (Slightly nerf firerate or accuracy, this gun is insane)
S1-TIC 'Rabid' (slightly increase accuracy)
EOL (grenadelauncher) (remove windup)
FFA 'Bullshark' (make it be a 4 shot burst rifle like it was before, the burst build-up is weird)
AMG-556 'Medusa' (maybe revert the mod, so it becomes a burst fire LMG and bad at suppressive fire - would make sense with the scope)
CAP-40 'Sergeant' / +NFCP2 (Open up third mod-slot)
Mountie (Slightly less recoil, or slightly better accuracy)
VAS-C2 (less max bloom)
ACES SMG + Rifle (slightly bigger magazine or less max bloom)
Norseman (more accuracy, it's 0.79 TTK would be OK if it could hit more precise down range than other SMGs)
DMR + AV (Slight fire rate increase + accuracy recovery to make up for the increase, and remove the 88m 2 shot, doesn't make any sense and gets OP on some spots)
Euryale (it's pretty much a stright upgrade to the shaw. nerf accuracy or recoil)
SAS PDW (slightly increased fire rate)
N-FA 9 (slightly more accuracy)
OPGL, OSMAW, AAEPD (slightly reduced explosion radius)
Low Yield Grenades (-1 grenade)
Stun Grenade (slightly reduced stamina damage, right now it's a 1 hit)
PIG (slightly reduced stamina damage, it stuns you even though you've just been sneezed on)
Stabba NL9 (slightly improved stamina damage, so after 2 hits the target can't sprint)
Stunning overall: allow every weapon to trigger a stun. (for people who didn't know: only a few weapons like the nano for example are able to actually trigger a stun, many weapons can't trigger a stun even when the stamina max is reached.)

also, many weapons need re-modding. not only because of the improved rifling changes, but weapons like the OCA NANO 'Chrome' for example has mobility sling modded, which is a really bad choice.
*cough* ALIG 'Surefire' *cough*

I may have left out some weapons, either because I don't feel like they need a change or I simply forgot them. sorry.

I hope @LO_Beastie will consider this. 🙂

made a suggestion thread to keep better track of this. Edited by Snubnose
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Psygo said:
this is so very wrong. it works great at long range and it works great at short range too.
that said, I think the entire list of sidearms needs a go over, as there's some ranges/weapon types that the free secondaries simply doesn't cover.
Colby RSA > Harbinger.
If harbinger was so good, why was it in 2016 when i last saw 1?
35 minutes ago, eazy-vinny said:

Would be nice if you look at Yukon to the prices are very low
its bit useless how it is now

would be nice if there would be a  damage increase for long range use maby then it feels more balanced.
for close range make it bit the same as S-AS PDW or a N-FA 9

and what about cap40, because they changed it to when they changed oca

Yukon was never supose to be OP. G1 just never fixed the bug to milk it

6 minutes ago, Keshi said:
Colby RSA > Harbinger.
If harbinger was so good, why was it in 2016 when i last saw 1? Yukon was never supose to be OP. G1 just never fixed the bug to milk it
That mean it have to be trash now? 

Absolutely baffling. LO looks at the JG and CSG and see that they need their consistency toned down, yet when they look at the consistency of the Shredder at 30-40m, the only thing they see is the RoF being a bit too high? Still? Two weeks ago, as a preliminary change, sure. But even now? And absolutely no changes being tested for the Thumper?

Are daily forum threads not enough to point out the issues with the Shredder? Are the videos being posted of the ridiculous things it can pull off not shocking enough? Is seeing at least one Shredder in every single silver-district match not worth anything? Is the game's population dropping (even at peak times), making the silver district rarely fill up, not an obvious correlation?

Completely oblivious.

That is, unless they nerfed the Yukon just to prop up another pay-2-win gun. Is the new boss the same as the old boss?

Edited by Siamsol

7 hours ago, LO_Beastie said:

Though I was in support of a new balance initially, now I really can't see this but as an unstudied move, I hope I am wrong, and this is just my opinion, but I think you guys really need to put hundreds of hours in gameplay, or take some old players to guide this better..

Shotguns are already overkill and without any skill to use, simply put, you miss with a normal gun, you lose advantage, and you need to aim the gun too, but with the shotgun, due to spread, you already deal some damage, match it with 1 lucky shot and the enemy is dead.
To top this off, you nerf the most used SMG, destroy Improved Rifling, and you pull assault rifles to become close-ish range where they don't stand a chance.

In my opinion, and burn me for this, but NTEC was one of the few weapons that made perfect sense to balance everything around it, a minor shotguns reliability buff was better, and then focus strictly on the few weapons that are really bad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eazy-vinny said:
That mean it have to be trash now? 

if no one uses it, that means it's trash or underpowered

8 hours ago, LO_Beastie said:

OCA
The OCA fire-rate buff a few years ago was a bit over the top, but it did need something at the time to make it viable (it was overshadowed at the time by every other SMG other than the Norsemen). As such, we want to pull back the buff, but not remove it entirely.

I don't know where you got that from. Especially the part that every other SMG was overshadowing the OCA.
That's just plain wrong, the OCA has always been the best SMG (except for the time the VAS-C2 arrived).

Can't you just revert the last OCA changes G1 did? It was absolutely fine and perfectly comparable to all the other SMGs except the norsemen.
I don't understand why you want to go through the trouble trying to rebalance it, when it was perfectly fine.
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, GhosT said:

I don't know where you got that from. Especially the part that every other SMG was overshadowing the OCA.
That's just plain wrong, the OCA has always been the best SMG (except for the time the VAS-C2 arrived).

Can't you just revert the last OCA changes G1 did? It was absolutely fine and perfectly comparable to all the other SMGs except the norsemen.
I don't understand why you want to go through the trouble trying to rebalance it, when it was perfectly fine.
post buff PMG was arguably better than the OCA.

0.64 is way too low, but 0.68 is a fine spot for it to be

2 hours ago, Psygo said:
I have absolutely no idea how you came to that conclusion. Just... what?!

18 hours ago, notHunky said:
21 hours ago, Psygo said:
I have absolutely no idea how you came to that conclusion. Just... what?!
i mean, for a secondary that works at both long and short ranges, it does pretty good.
it could also be I play too much snubnose and other shitty guns so I'm delusional. Edited by Psygo

Did the COBR-A get nerfed even though it was quite possibly the worst Asault Rifle in-game? The weapon is being used as a automatic carbine which defeats the whole purpose of it being a AR. In almost every fight against NTEC,Star,ATAC, etc. you lose simply because the weapon lacks better stats which they could be changed in a couple of different ways. The weapon on its own has potential its just extremely underwhelming. Also a quick look at the Norseman wouldn't hurt. Those currently are the worst SMG's in the game which again like the COBR-A offer a interesting style of play, but lack stats.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sagemist said:

Did the COBR-A get nerfed even though it was quite possibly the worst Asault Rifle in-game? The weapon is being used as a automatic carbine which defeats the whole purpose of it being a AR. In almost every fight against NTEC,Star,ATAC, etc. you lose simply because the weapon lacks better stats which they could be changed in a couple of different ways. The weapon on its own has potential its just extremely underwhelming. Also a quick look at the Norseman wouldn't hurt. Those currently are the worst SMG's in the game which again like the COBR-A offer a interesting style of play, but lack stats.

for some reason the cobra and the misery is being looked as an AR but it's still a rifle ingame. Dunno why tbh

5 minutes ago, :^) said:

Nerfing accuracy is always the worst way to go about weapon balancing imo

or maybe it would make some guns actually more challenging to use