Dopefish

[GAME] Removal of car spawner and remote detonator

Game mods you feel can be removed or changed?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Game mods you feel can be removed or changed?

• Only remove or change car spawner
    • Only remove or change remote detonator
    • Remove or change both car spawner and remote detonator
    • Do not change car spawner or remote detonator

13 hours ago, Wigglebottom said:

When they added car spawners to the game they completely destroy the balance in missions because players can literally spawn on the objectives with car spawners. As far as i remember they added them so we would have more spawns to choose from, i do like the idea but it sure does need some changes. I also wouldn't mind if it would get removed. And if they don't remove the remote detonator from the game, they could at least give it a 2 minutes cooldown

the last time i checked no they can not spawn on objective points and the detonator only works fast if the are right there using it which means you didnt do a sweep of the area like you were supposed to 😕

they get used on me every now and then and are by far not hard to deal with so long as they arent ignored

13 hours ago, Wigglebottom said:

When they added car spawners to the game they completely destroy the balance in missions because players can literally spawn on the objectives with car spawners. As far as i remember they added them so we would have more spawns to choose from, i do like the idea but it sure does need some changes. I also wouldn't mind if it would get removed. And if they don't remove the remote detonator from the game, they could at least give it a 2 minutes cooldown

the last time i checked no they can not spawn on objective points and the detonator only works fast if the are right there using it which means you didnt do a sweep of the area like you were supposed to 😕

they get used on me every now and then and are by far not hard to deal with so long as they arent ignored

On 5/30/2018 at 8:29 AM, Fortune Runner said:

two starter regular ol frag grenades work just fine on any car bomb blocking the objective like what was mentioned

and if you're dumb enough to stand out in the open i doubt they'll car bomb since most would just run you over for being noobish

Alot of vehicles won't even be smoking from two frag grenades, not to mention the time it takes to throw them, and the time it takes for them to actually explode. That is if you even have two grenades available in your inventory at that time.

On 5/30/2018 at 4:34 PM, Ashley said:

The modification would be useless if it was too easy to never be inconvenienced by it. The purpose of it is to either act as a deterrent to approaching the vehicle or to attempt to eliminate something (like an enemy or their vehicle) through its explosion. Dying to a well-timed Remote Detonator explosion is something I consider no different from dying to a weapon or grenade, and I don't see why some get so frustrated by it and don't get as annoyed when they die to a well-placed Concussion grenade on their vehicle or other means.

The problem is that it's not a simple matter of being a inconvenience, but rather have the ability to straight up kill you without anyway to avoid it other than staying away from places that are accessible by cars, or being near multiple covers at all times. It requires little to no timing to get a kill with the remote detonator, and if it was only a matter about people blocking objectives with it, this wouldn't be an issue.

It can have up to 12m lethal blast radius, and usually only gives a single second of warning, while players sprint at a speed of 6m/s. Even if people would instantly react to the sound, it still wouldn't give them time enough to get out of the way.

In regards of the difference to concussion grenades, they no longer kills a player on foot with a single hit, their effective blast radius is less than 3m, and they're required to be cooked by a player with precise timing prior to being thrown. You can easily avoid pretty much every conc with a tiny amount of foresight, or by simple spotting the player prior to getting close enough.

I didn't want to repost my own video, but seeing as people aren't used to seeing remote detonator in active play and assumes it's simply used as a stationary deterrent, I think it's important to showcase just how broken it is:

Please note that alot of my enemies were entirely aware of me using remote detonator after the initial kill, and could easily recognize the colorful vehicle, but were then still unable to avoid getting killed by it. The ones who survived the remote detonation, were most commonly damaged or shot down trying to escape from it instead. The explosion even kills people that are using flak jacket. Does the remote detonator add depth to the game and make it more enjoyable overall, or mainly create frustration?

Mobile Spawner is definitely a big boon if at least one vehicle on your team has it, but it very quickly hits diminishing returns after that one vehicle. The team is much better served with Radar Towers outnumbering Spawners than vice versa.

Just the fact that a single mobile spawner gives an advantage to the teams using it, should say enough about the mod. The reason why entire teams are using it, is in case one of them would be destroyed or blocked, they still have the others to rely on. It also takes considerably more time, effort and resources to take out more than one car spawner, which is time not being spent on the actual mission, while also giving away your position as you go through each car spawner. During this time, the enemies can easily just spawn a new car and place it somewhere else instead.

If you're not running concussion grenades, satchel charges and anti-vehicle weapons, you might not even be able to destroy the vehicles in a timely matter.

As someone already mentioned in this thread, a mobile spawner on an overpass let's long range players repeatedly spawn there, until the opposing team actively moves away from the objective to remove that mobile spawner. Something else that's already mentioned is that mobile spawners let's you literally respawn next to the objective, and I don't I need to explain how broken that is. If one team are using mobile spawners, and the other team aren't, the team without will be at a severe disadvantage, and that's not a matter of being able to use other mods to balance it out.

Mobile Radar Tower, however, is in my opinion by far the strongest vehicle modification in the game, similar to how Spotter is by far the strongest character modification (far overshadowing Remote Detonator, by the way). You may not feel this way but Mobile Radar and Spotter are huge factors in how many times my teammates and I get accused of wallhacks or cheats in general. Knowing the exact position of your enemy is a force multiplier that makes missions way easier than a potential extra kill or two from Remote Detonator does.

Other than when the mod was new, I've not seen a single person using radar tower for the last few years. Not a single one. I think the mod is really great, it's just that people use mobile spawner instead, which is another reason why that one needs changing, so that we can get more variety to the game. The mobile radar tower is beneficial for sure, but unlike remote detonator, it doesn't instantly kill the enemies without being able to do anything against it.

If mobile spawner would no longer be the dominant choice, then radar tower would become more prevalent, and so would radar jammer as a result.

EDIT:
Muffler would also become a viable choice. So changing mobile spawn point would make atleast three other mods more viable. That by itself should be reason enough to change it.

Edited by Dopefish
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Dopefish said:

Alot of vehicles won't even be smoking from two frag grenades, not to mention the time it takes to throw them, and the time it takes for them to actually explode. That is if you even have two grenades available in your inventory at that time.

If you're not running concussion grenades, satchel charges and anti-vehicle weapons, you might not even be able to destroy the vehicles in a timely matter.

Isn't it great how much balance and variety we have in grenades, consumables, and weapons? It's almost like you shouldn't expect to be easily blowing up every vehicle you see unless you gear up for it, and if you prioritize things other than hard damage in your loadout then blowing up vehicles should be something that takes some minor time and effort otherwise what's the point?

It can have up to 12m lethal blast radius, and usually only gives a single second of warning, while players sprint at a speed of 6m/s. Even if people would instantly react to the sound, it still wouldn't give them time enough to get out of the way.

Except you're not just reacting to the sound, you're reacting to the vehicle that shows up on radar the whole time it's driving up to you and that you know is going to explode because the driver has remote det (which you can find out as soon as you get opp), and you can identify the vehicle itself as well because it'll almost certainly have Explosives 3 on it which you can see by mousing over it as soon as it's within LOS. There's a lot of early warning.

That's not to mention preemptive measures rather than purely reactionary ones like staying near cover that can break LOS with the explosion and prevent damage even if you're right next to it, destroying the vehicle before it gets to you, or being inside a vehicle that can take the explosion damage, leaving you unhurt when it goes off. Flak jacket is also technically beneficial even though its benefit doesn't nearly come close to competing with CA3 overall so that's kind of a moot point when so few run it.

the ability to straight up kill you without anyway to avoid it other than staying away from places that are accessible by cars, or being near multiple covers at all times

Being caught out in the open with no cover is a death sentence if someone catches you out there regardless of whether they have a rifle or a remote detonator. In fact it's significantly easier to get away from a remote detonator in the open than it is to get away from an HVR if it tags you and you're in the middle of the street or if an NTEC lights you up while you're crossing.

Going back to your "explosion radius 12m", that's the maximum range I assume you're talking about and the lethal damage drops off at like 9-10m in that case. Couple with the fact that you start several meters from the explosion center already (which is in the middle of the car), and that you can run opposite the direction it's coming (so that it coasts away from you rather than with you) and you can very easily clear the lethal damage radius and likely even the max damage radius of any vehicle in the game.

Again, why is it annoying when it's a death to remote detonator and not annoying when it's a death to anything else when the circumstances are the same?

I didn't want to repost my own video...

No offense to the victims in your video but standing still next to a remote det car is how you die to them, yes. You could make a montage of killing (not arresting) low-rank silvers with an NL9 and that doesn't mean it's suddenly so strong. Try that "get out, crouch, and shoot while standing still" tactic on some other people and you're going to be looking for a new spawn point pretty quick.

As someone already mentioned in this thread, a mobile spawner on an overpass let's long range players repeatedly spawn there, until the opposing team actively moves away from the objective to remove that mobile spawner.

That's the point of putting it up there isn't it? Having a single opponent alone on an overpass forces you to do the exact same thing as well.

If one team are using mobile spawners, and the other team aren't, the team without will be at a severe disadvantage, and that's not a matter of being able to use other mods to balance it out.

My team would frequently run mobile radar exclusively and I felt that was an advantage overwhelmingly more often than a disadvantage.

The mobile radar tower is beneficial for sure, but unlike remote detonator, it doesn't instantly kill the enemies without being able to do anything against it.

Leaving alone the "without being able to do anything against it" which is patently false, mobile radar obviously doesn't kill people because that's not what it does. The sole purpose of remote detonator is to either kill people or threaten to kill them, and you can only do it once. I would certainly hope that it does that sole purpose better than a modification that does nothing of the sort. Mobile Radar allows you to very easily kill anyone that comes near it because you know exactly where they are when they don't, and you can do that as many times as you want until the enemy team tries to remove it which uses up their time and their resources rather than yours.

Edited by Ashley
  • Thanks 1

The Spawn system in general needs be reverted or overhauled, as we said in the past, the Car Spawner broke the spawn system. And the Remote detonator is plain infuriating, Rage potential on par with Quickswitching. Imo, both should be removed or heavily reworked. 

I wanna keep my remote detonator and brick.

perc & pmg ❤️

24 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Isn't it great how much balance and variety we have in grenades, consumables, and weapons? It's almost like you shouldn't expect to be easily blowing up every vehicle you see unless you gear up for it, and if you prioritize things other than hard damage in your loadout then blowing up vehicles should be something that takes some minor time and effort otherwise what's the point?

It's not variety when you're forced to play based on dominant choices, and if you're not expected to be able to disable those cars, it just makes the whole matter worse. I also think you misunderstood me earlier, as going around and destroying spawn cars will take alot of time, even if you got the perfect loadout for it, while if you don't, you may waste alot of time just disabling one of them.

What if you haven't unlocked the concussion grenades, or you're out of satchel charges? Am I supposed to reserve my grenade usage solely for taking out spawn cars? Two concussion grenades will take out one car, maybe two, but what about the rest?

Keep in mind that those cars aren't the only thing you need to worry about, and the enemy will do their best to kill you while you're busy trying to takeout their spawn points. Everytime you try to blow them up, it will telegraph your approximate position to the enemies, making you a target. The time it takes to destroy those cars one after another will give the enemy time to respawn in one of their other spawn cars, either in line of sight of you, or positioned so they're ready when you're coming to destroy that specific car. The time it takes to destroy those cars, gives the enemies plenty of time to just spawn a new one.

How is it balanced if I need to make sure my loadout is anti-vehicle focused, I need to reserve my grenades for the sole-purpose of destroying them, I need to spend valuable mission time to go around removing cars, and me being forced to telegraph my position when attempting to destroy them?

The purpose of car spawners weren't for them to take time and effort to blow up, but to provide alternative spawns.

26 minutes ago, Ashley said:

That's the point of putting it up there isn't it? Having a single opponent alone on an overpass forces you to do the exact same thing as well.

If the opponent were alone on the overpass without a car spawner, you could simply kill him, and that would be that.

51 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Except you're not just reacting to the sound, you're reacting to the vehicle that shows up on radar the whole time it's driving up to you and that you know is going to explode because the driver has remote det (which you can find out as soon as you get opp), and you can identify the vehicle itself as well because it'll almost certainly have Explosives 3 on it which you can see by mousing over it as soon as it's within LOS. There's a lot of early warning.

That's not to mention preemptive measures rather than purely reactionary ones like staying near cover that can break LOS with the explosion and prevent damage even if you're right next to it, destroying the vehicle before it gets to you, or being inside a vehicle that can take the explosion damage, leaving you unhurt when it goes off. Flak jacket is also technically beneficial even though its benefit doesn't nearly come close to competing with CA3 overall so that's kind of a moot point when so few run it.

Being caught out in the open with no cover is a death sentence if someone catches you out there regardless of whether they have a rifle or a remote detonator. In fact it's significantly easier to get away from a remote detonator in the open than it is to get away from an HVR if it tags you and you're in the middle of the street or if an NTEC lights you up while you're crossing.

Going back to your "explosion radius 12m", that's the maximum range I assume you're talking about and the lethal damage drops off at like 9-10m in that case. Couple with the fact that you start several meters from the explosion center already (which is in the middle of the car), and that you can run opposite the direction it's coming (so that it coasts away from you rather than with you) and you can very easily clear the lethal damage radius and likely even the max damage radius of any vehicle in the game.

Again, why is it annoying when it's a death to remote detonator and not annoying when it's a death to anything else when the circumstances are the same?

No offense to the victims in your video but standing still next to a remote det car is how you die to them, yes. You could make a montage of killing (not arresting) low-rank silvers with an NL9 and that doesn't mean it's suddenly so strong. Try that "get out, crouch, and shoot while standing still" tactic on some other people and you're going to be looking for a new spawn point pretty quick.

I'm getting a sense that you didn't really watch the video properly, or have the mindset of "what could the enemy have done to avoid that specific situation?", so let's go through some of the things in the video. Let's start with the range to begin with:

xMVlcoA.jpg

Players sprint at 6m/s. It takes 2s from the moment I leave the vehicle and locks it trajectory, before it explodes. Even if they perfectly judge the direction they would need to sprint, they would at most reach 12m, which is not enough to avoid the 12.325m blast radius. This is not accounting for any obstacle that might be in their way, or if they made a slight misjudgement, or that they might have been preoccupied fighting my other team mates, or the fact that I will be shooting at them throughout this whole time. Add the chain reaction of any nearby vehicles to this, and it only makes matters worse.

My point here is that it's impossible to avoid, both mathematically and logically if they are located anywhere remotely open. Even if there would be cover nearby, the player would still have to judge the angle and timing of the explosion to position himself in such a way to survive it.

iaaZZ7n.jpg

The enemies shoots at the car and gets a direct hit with an osmaw rocket, but it's not enough to stop it from running over one of them as he does his best to get away. Even if they would've managed to destroy it, the blast radius would have likely killed them anyway, and it's not just the remote detonator that might kill them, as they must also make sure to not get hit by the car itself. The surviving enemy in that screenshot got killed by the remote detonator, and there were no possible cover nearby for him to avoid it.

From his positioning, he couldn't see the incoming car until it came around the corner, and even if he would be able to instantly react to the red dot on the radar, it's unlikely he'd be able to get anywhere that would have allowed him to survive in that location. I don't really consider that location to be that open either, and for any normal gun fight he'd been fine.

z4uAefs.png

These players reactions were to exit their vehicles as they saw the car approaching, but the time it takes to play the exit animation is more than enough for the remote detonator to get within lethal range of killing them. If they were a passenger there wouldn't have been any other options for them, and they wouldn't necessarily have survived if they attempted to drive away, especially considering that the cars might have had a hard time getting out of that angle to begin with. If I noticed them attempting to drive away, I could simply have followed aswell.

These are simply three occasions where the remote detonator would've been unavoidable.

Expecting players to never set foot anywhere without multiple covers is ridiculous, and so is blaming their lack of clairvoyance or perfect judgement in the heat of the moment. In regards of flak jacket, it "only" reduce 40% of the damage, which would only reduce the Espacio explosion damage to 1200, which is still plenty to kill players making it an ineffective countermeasure. Even if it would have worked, it would've been unreasonable to demand players to use a r195 mod as the only way to survive an remote detonator.

In regards of weapons killing people just as easily in the "open", you're not considering the difference between a bullet and an explosion. A simple car could be used as a cover for a sniper, but would just make you even more vulnerable from the remote detonator. A pedestrian could be used to block a shot, but would just get run over or blown up by the car. Destructible signs would block a bullet, but are completely ineffective against the explosion. Breaking line of sight is enough to survive someone shooting at you, but with the remote detonator you can literally place it around the corner and have the explosion radius kill someone. Someone shooting at you need accuracy, while the remote detonator has a 24m diameter instant kill zone. The two aren't even comparable.

So to answer your question about what makes one thing frustrating, while the other isn't; if you feel like you could have done something differently to avoid dying in any given scenario, you would attribute the death cause as your own fault, and learn from your mistakes. While if you feel the cause of death was an outcome you couldn't have affected, it feels like it was the game's fault and will cause frustration.

The video is not simply a kill montage, where I'm complaining about how many kills I got in a short period of time, but rather a way to actually illustrate the different scenarios and ways the remote detonator could be utilized. It was intended to illustrate how with little to no skill, you could pretty much get guaranteed kills with the press of a button, and think from the perspective of what you would've done if you were in the same situation as the enemies.

I don't think bashing on the enemies abilities is a good way to discuss this, especially considering that some of them managed to kill me, but they would still die from the remote detonator after my death. Please, consider the arguments I've brought up against it, and go through the effort of providing refutable evidence as counterpoints, rather than simply saying it's a matter of being aware of it.

• Like 1

My thoughts 

Remote det could be stopped via Radar Jammer mod activation if know player is about to RD ya and use Radar Jammer it would cancel out effect of RD and add the cooldown till can use again this also gives more choice/useage of radar jammer in loadouts 

I'm not sure what game you're thinking of but i blow up plenty of cars with frags...

sure if its a armored pioneer it may or may not smoke but even then you have the option of ammo boxes and cover for a reason

it honestly sounds like you are not a fan of strategy and teamwork

apb isn't meant to be 1 shot 1 kill type of game we actually like challenges

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I'm not sure what game you're thinking of but i blow up plenty of cars with frags...

sure if its a armored pioneer it may or may not smoke but even then you have the option of ammo boxes and cover for a reason

it honestly sounds like you are not a fan of strategy and teamwork

apb isn't meant to be 1 shot 1 kill type of game we actually like challenges

That's not the Point of the Problem. And no Frags will not Blow up a Vegas. 

The PRoblem resides, both NEED to be heavily nerfed or removed, in the current state they just break the game more then they help. 

again, you are missing the point entirely. 

• Thanks 1

frags blow up my newly spawned vegas regularly....

and the comment was how a pioneer with a spawn would be problematic.... they also have aligs to counter a pioneer

it was also mentioned how it has a good cooldown so it cant be constantly used

it sounds like you are only demanding i have to agree when I've personally seen it happen otherwise

sorry  but i wont agree with this. its more balanced with them than without with or without a spawn fix and much funner to have more variety.

I honestly dont think the rem det or the car spawner are game breaking or need to be fixed. Rem det is mainly a noob kill device imo. Car Spawner is only great when it is placed with some insight into how the battle will shape itself over time.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

I apologize, you're correct, most cars will either start smoking or be blown up by two frag grenades. I've not used or experienced people using those in a long while, so I was mistaken. This is not very relevant to the main topic though, and doesn't change the issues that have already been presented with the mods.

Also, please don't make assumptions about me, especially when they couldn't be further from the truth.

18 minutes ago, TheFreelancer said:

I honestly dont think the rem det or the car spawner are game breaking or need to be fixed.

Game breaking is a matter of definition, but in the case of car spawner it's a dominant choice. Imagine your team playing without it, while all your opponents use it, and at how much of a disadvantage you would be at.

In the case of remote detonator it's more a matter of frustration, since it can kill people without them being able to avoid it.

im not trying to make assumptions ether... i think we both are coming off different than we are thinking

probably because its 1 30 am and tired is an understatment

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2018 at 12:03 PM, Dopefish said:

It's not variety when you're forced to play based on dominant choices, and if you're not expected to be able to disable those cars, it just makes the whole matter worse. I also think you misunderstood me earlier, as going around and destroying spawn cars will take alot of time, even if you got the perfect loadout for it, while if you don't, you may waste alot of time just disabling one of them.

All I'm saying is that if you really want to destroy a lot of cars and do it quickly you're going to need to either gear up for it or deal with it taking longer than you may like. You also don't need to destroy car spawners and leaving them around so you know exactly where your enemies will be spawning is hardly the end of the world.

Everytime you try to blow them up, it will telegraph your approximate position to the enemies, making you a target. The time it takes to destroy those cars one after another will give the enemy time to respawn in one of their other spawn cars, either in line of sight of you, or positioned so they're ready when you're coming to destroy that specific car. The time it takes to destroy those cars, gives the enemies plenty of time to just spawn a new one.

Every time they spawn on the car spawns it'll "telegraph their approximate positions" as well, making them a target. Every time they pull up a new car it telegraphs their exact real-time positions while they drive it up, not to mention the time it takes to do so, by which point the objective has likely moved on to the next stage anyway.

I've also never seen this whack-a-mole with car spawners you're describing, but that's anecdotal. Either way, the time it takes to pull a new vehicle is comparable to the time it takes to destroy one.

Players sprint at 6m/s. It takes 2s from the moment I leave the vehicle and locks it trajectory, before it explodes. Even if they perfectly judge the direction they would need to sprint, they would at most reach 12m, which is not enough to avoid the 12.325m blast radius.

I don't really understand how you can be citing these numbers and still claim it's impossible to be outside the blast zone. You realize that you don't start running away from it at 0m, right? Even being physically pressed up against the side of an Espacio is starting at 2-4m away from the center easily. Start out just a few steps away from the vehicle itself and you're halfway to the edge of the maximum (not even lethal) damage radius already.

My point here is that it's impossible to avoid, both mathematically and logically if they are located anywhere remotely open.

It's impossible to avoid death to a lot of stuff if you're located anywhere remotely open.

In regards of weapons killing people just as easily in the "open", you're not considering the difference between a bullet and an explosion. A simple car could be used as a cover for a sniper, but would just make you even more vulnerable from the remote detonator. A pedestrian could be used to block a shot, but would just get run over or blown up by the car. Destructible signs would block a bullet, but are completely ineffective against the explosion. Breaking line of sight is enough to survive someone shooting at you, but with the remote detonator you can literally place it around the corner and have the explosion radius kill someone. Someone shooting at you need accuracy, while the remote detonator has a 24m diameter instant kill zone. The two aren't even comparable.

I'm comparing 1) the act of being caught out in the open and dying to an enemy with [weapon] and 2) the act of being caught out in the open and dying to an enemy with [remote det]. The time to kill of remote det is many times longer than the time to kill of most ranged weapons if they catch you out in the open.

If you want to start adding random qualifiers, circumstances, modifiers, and start making up scenarios then go for it. Every method that you can use to kill an enemy has a scenario where it's more effective and a scenario where it's less effective. It's difficult to compare two things when you begin adding a truckload of additional variables on top.

The fact remains that killing someone with remote detonator takes longer, takes more effort, uses up a vehicle, is broadcasted to the enemies well in advance of you being anywhere near them, and is avoidable more times than not. It also takes up a very useful character modification slot, destroys your vehicle regardless of the result, and as a result removes the ability to use your vehicle as a future asset. It's a lot of sacrifice for the potential short-term gain of a kill or two that could be achieved as or more effectively by many other methods.

Are there times where it's "impossible" to avoid being blown up by Remote Detonator, given the right circumstance? Yes. Are there times where it's "impossible" to avoid dying to any weapon in the game, given the right circumstance? Also yes.

• Like 1

Please don't touch remote detonator, I like using it with brick and sending a mobile bomb right towards my enemies 😞

I'd be cool if they added a SHORT cooldown but remember there's a delay dependent on the distance to your vehicle, in addition to a 2 (?) second base delay.

It's not an overwhelming lead (but there is one) for people who would like some changes for either remote detonator or car spawner, but there's definitely enough to justify more discussion. I also suspect that some people vote for no changes to be made due to worries that any other vote would result in their removal instead of just changing them.

Do their existence in the game make it an overall better experience for the playerbase, or would their removal be an improvement?

If they would be tweaked, what changes would you like to be made for them?

3 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

This is getting really old.    ( go to 16 seconds to just see me kill the entire team.  included the pause as proof I had JUST spawned there. )

Improve don't remove, move forward not backward you apes.

Edited by RovingFox

12 minutes ago, RovingFox said:

Improve don't remove, move forward not backward you apes.

Removal of everything that G1 ever did to this game is moving forward though. We're moving backward otherwise.

18 minutes ago, Similarities said:
Removal of everything that G1 ever did to this game is moving forward though. We're moving backward otherwise.
As little as G1 was able to do with the game not everything they did was bad.
I'm with RovingFox on this: don't remove, just improve.

Not reading earlier comments, I don't think car spawn/remote det should be taken out of the game. I think Car Spawner is honestly in a decent place right now (relatively). I'm not saying it's perfect but it's definitely low on the priority list if you ask me. Remote det is a bit higher up but not enough to be problematic. It's annoying but that's about it. Not particularly broken.

I think they should both be changed (but I think this whole game is overdue for a balance and mechanic redo) but not taken out of the game.

(EDIT: To the dismay of the community, I think car surfer should be taken out, or at least completely reworked lmao)

Edited by notMateo