Hexerin

So you've proven you care about the game... when are you going to start caring about the players?

On 9/4/2018 at 7:29 AM, Dopefish said:

Toxicity is an issue, and just because you're fine with it, or say that people who are bothered by it should just stop reading chat, doesn't make it less of a problem. Hexerin phrased things poorly in his topic, but he's trying to bring up a serious issue.

There's been plenty of harassment issues in the past, which have forced people to leave the game. It has been going on both inside and outside of the game, and if you have the slightest knowledge of this community's history, you know it's not something you can just close your eyes to and make it go away. Furthermore there should never be acceptable to be spouting racial or derogatory slurs in district chat, and much less insinuating that people should kill themselves.

It's hurtful for the game's growth overall, where new players will be even less inclined to stick around after reading district chat, and receiving insult upon insult for just trying to get to grips with the game.

Only reason I can see why someone would be actively against enforcing these policies, is if they themselves are actively participating in this "banter", and are worried that it would endanger their account.

toxicity in chat  is not a PROBLEM !   

9ba86uUg0Y.jpg

KzYj9vOcaI.jpg

47t2QZ12cb.jpg

little orbit expand the ignore sheet ! Edited by Yood

On 9/7/2018 at 9:42 AM, Yood said:

little orbit expand the ignore sheet ! Edited yesterday at 10:00 AM by Yood

huh?
Edit : ok your new post edit makes more sense ty Edited by Fortune Runner

On 9/7/2018 at 6:42 PM, Yood said:
toxicity in chat  is not a PROBLEM !   

9ba86uUg0Y.jpg

KzYj9vOcaI.jpg

47t2QZ12cb.jpg

little orbit expand the ignore sheet !
You're right. I'm fighting fire with nuclear warheads and I'm pretty good so far. To be honest even enjoyable.

Ignoring behavioral issues within a game's playerbase has a very real price... ignoring it doesn't make it go away, and the damage isn't temporary.

fbf969bd9c4b17faf20d17f61a30fdf9.png

That is a cute post and all. It's just a crying shame that it does not contribute anything to the discussion, nor does it address any critique you were given in the rest of the thread. I expected you to do a bit better than plugging your ears with your fingers (metaphorically, of course) and going all "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU, HERE'S SOME MORE 'ARGUMENTS' FROM ME".

I'll bite down on the bait and I will ask you this exact question once again - how many people would you want hired across all servers and matching all timezones so that there's always someone in every instance responding to each and every complaint by the players, no matter how slight or objectively irrelevant?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MartinPL said:

That is a cute post and all. It's just a crying shame that it does not contribute anything to the discussion, nor does it address any critique you were given in the rest of the thread. I expected you to do a bit better than plugging your ears with your fingers (metaphorically, of course) and going all "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU, HERE'S SOME MORE 'ARGUMENTS' FROM ME".

I'll bite down on the bait and I will ask you this exact question once again - how many people would you want hired across all servers and matching all timezones so that there's always someone in every instance responding to each and every complaint by the players, no matter how slight or objectively irrelevant?

A good start I think would be to interface support into the game. Return a quality in game video recorder with at least 480p (I'd prefer 720p, but right now, that might not be possible.)

Make the support interface easily accessible in game similar to how armas can be opened in game (And I don't want to  use steam's web browser, after the ui update, steam lags like crap) let use the built in web browser you guys have 🙂 

Since the system needs to sort through the tickets, have an AI system sort them not only by the user's "trust worthy" section you place them in, but while it reads the ticket itself. 

All this of course should be done after the unification update.

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Ignoring behavioral issues within a game's playerbase has a very real price... ignoring it doesn't make it go away, and the damage isn't temporary.

purposefully misconstruing data doesn’t help your argument 

5 hours ago, MartinPL said:

how many people would you want hired across all servers and matching all timezones so that there's always someone in every instance responding to each and every complaint by the players, no matter how slight or objectively irrelevant?

I would settle for more than zero.

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I would settle for more than zero.

No one is saying we don't need any GMs. The issue is with OP seemingly expecting there to be someone at every possible hour, every possible minute, for everything and anything.
GMs are people too. They function outside of the game too.

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:

What does that have to do with players being a$$holes?  It's not like every one of those players left because they were being bullied.  Take a look at when the biggest drop off was.  August.  The month we got the weapon balance patch and shotguns became a huge problem.  There's a big chance that a lot those people are going to come right back when they hear some big news.  I'm not saying it's ok to be a banana (except in a comedic fashion with no real intent behind what you're saying) but that's surely not what's making players leave.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 2

On 9/13/2018 at 6:16 AM, Hexerin said:

shotguns do really need tweeked down, juuuust a little bit.

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:
On 9/13/2018 at 7:16 PM, Hexerin said:

shotguns do really need tweeked down, juuuust a little bit.
yea , my friends quit because of shotguns.

On 9/13/2018 at 9:04 AM, MartinPL said:
No one is saying we don't need any GMs. The issue is with OP seemingly expecting there to be someone at every possible hour, every possible minute, for everything and anything.
GMs are people too. They function outside of the game too.
They eat they sleep and they poop just like the rest of us.
Having that many on would cost way too much for the current APB funding levels

6 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:
They eat they sleep and they poop just like the rest of us.
How do you know what the funding levels are? 

7 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Uhh, wut? Lixil was running a program where people could voluntarily apply for a GM position that was sort of like the old SPCM, it wouldn't be "too much money" if you just get volunteers you trust who have a clean record and act properly on the forum (e.g. not spreading misinfo on the forums, not being clueless about cheats, not being clueless on the game and how it's played, etc) but that rules out most of the APB community.

I have played for three weeks on this game after a long hiatus so I was rusty from the start. After getting clobbered the first day - all day, I decided to roll a new character in the hopes I could get some practice in.

Here's what I took away from it after three weeks.

If you ask any question in District Chat be prepared to get false info to outright hostility or if you're lucky, complete silence.

If you are a new player in a team the following  things have a great chance of happening:

- your team takes off leaving you to do the mission yourself or with one other player who is probably new as well.

-you make any mistake in a mission you will either be told you are "trash" advised to "uninstall game" or tossed from the team or all three.

-you will find yourself matched against an all gold army while your team is bronze, or trainee which means you are going to be killed over and over until the mission is thankfully over.

-you have one or two people on your team that just decide to shoot you while you're trying to win the mission and whisper the ever helpful advice of "get good", real nice.

It got to the point that finding an empty district to ram raid although boring was thankfully without all the hassle of a full district. As an Enforcer you are basically out of luck.

My point being is that this game from the mechanics to some players makes the experience of being in the game a disagreeable one. 

A new player is going to question if it is worth investing time and money in a game where he or she is being "shown the door" for displaying the inexperience they obviously have.

I think for this game to work and to retain newcomers and returning players there has to be some effort with the game developers and the players to at least get people interested and motivated to stick around.

Edited by Kadama
used wrong word

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:
How do you know what the funding levels are? 

Are you spending lots of money on APB right now?
Not many are and say so openly that they won't until this shotgun fiasco is fixed *shrugs*
39 minutes ago, Similarities said:
8 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Uhh, wut? Lixil was running a program where people could voluntarily apply for a GM position that was sort of like the old SPCM, it wouldn't be "too much money" if you just get volunteers you trust who have a clean record and act properly on the forum (e.g. not spreading misinfo on the forums, not being clueless about cheats, not being clueless on the game and how it's played, etc) but that rules out most of the APB community.
To have people working for Little Orbit  with authority is not the same as GM's without authority as was mentioned earlier in this thread by people.
The two are different in spades.

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
Are you spending lots of money on APB right now?
More than I should have, but I see your point.

Just now, Fortune Runner said:
3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
More than I should have, but I see your point.

dang it I worded it rude sorry I just woke up.
All good homie, we cool.