Sign in to follow this  
UubeNubeh DaWog

APB Montage - Trying something new.

Tried something new using a lot of clips over a long time to make it all come together some what. It was a new experience so i know what to change for the next one.

Previous Critique

LisaMary, on 23 Apr 2018 - 6:26 PM, said:snapback.png
I made a spreadsheet a while back for a FB APB Citadel group to evaluate montages, based on that here's what I would give you:

Intro: 5/10
Resolution: 5/5
Ghosting: 5/5
Music: 10/10
Dynamic: 10/20
Immersion: 5/5
Editing/Effects: 5/10
Color Correction: 7/10
Gameplay: 5/10
Creativity/Connectivity: 7/10
Extras: 5/5

Which comes up to a total of 64/100 points.

Now this is a really cool video, was very fun to watch actually. It's a crisp clear 1080p 60fps image, no visible ghosting and a very good video codec with very little compression. The colors look great and vibrant and you sometimes even used a color filter. You could still do with a few more color filters though, I think even some effects like subtle glows and flares would match this nicely.

The music is great for montages, DnB is the way to go and you even used different songs throughout the video to make it less boring, I really like that!

Now what I absolutely loved was how you connected the clips. The spinning into a different scene, you even lined up what shoulder you were looking over between different clips, that made this entire thing extremely smooth. Cutting into the middle of an explosion to mask a shot change, masking turnarounds, zoom outs, you did a very great job here. Really gives the video a flow and dynamic of it's own. If you now add some connecting cinematics on top of that and throw in one or two other creative ideas like the ones you already had here then this is absolutely perfect. Very brilliant in it's editing.

The thing that pulls down your score a little bit however is that, while you connected the clips in a very pleasant manner, the clips themselves are kind of missing that kill dynamic. Time the kills to the beat, that is the proper way of how you get dynamics into a video. Just how rap music videos generally cut to a different shot every 4 beats you should get the kill right on that time. Try it out and play a bit with speed ups and slow downs at appropriate times, trust me it will look amazing!

I personally didn't really feel the intro, it was a bit too long and there weren't really any cinematics. I really liked the idea with the sponsoring stuff but you should definitely get some cinematics going or some sort of lore for this video, that will set the tone for the epic carnage to come :]

The only thing that even slightly bothered me in this video was the gameplay footage you used. You used a variety of guns and you showed some skilled gunplay, aka you didn't miss many shots that is great. You also didn't exclusively kill silvers and you used a variety of clips and locations. You didn't just record three missions and compiled that into a video. However, I still feel like showing single "casual" kills doesn't really make for great montages. Epic firefights in the middle of the action, Blitz 3s and 4s, THAT'S montage material. Solo kills are generally a thing you should avoid.

Overall this is a really great and entertaining video, there's only minor improvements you should make but you are very much on the right track! Keep up your work! :]

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog
  • Like 2

Nice content! I'm looking to start doing my bit content wise for this game in the near future. Keep up the good work!

Was waiting on a misclick with the semi auto weapons that never came.

Interesting.

21 hours ago, Michi said:

Nice content! I'm looking to start doing my bit content wise for this game in the near future. Keep up the good work!

Thanks 🙂 Good luck in the future, we need more video content makers.

17 hours ago, Watson_ said:

Decent Frags 

Thanks, i selected specific clips for the style of montage i was after. I probably have better ones but thats for a different montage.

Good video, although I would have preferred to see more sequences of kills rather than single kills.

i liked the transitions, very smooth

the song transitions were oddly jarring tho

3 hours ago, freq said:

Good video, although I would have preferred to see more sequences of kills rather than single kills.

The clips are what they are because of the style of video i was going for. I have longer clips but they will be for another video.

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i liked the transitions, very smooth

the song transitions were oddly jarring tho

It was hard to keep the consistency up between clips because of the lack of specific footage i had, which is why i changed songs so often. However i found out that Ive missed a lot of clips somehow. So I'm going to revisit the video and hopefully make the whole thing flow a lot better.

1 minute ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

The clips are what they are because of the style of video i was going for. I have longer clips but they will be for another video.

It was hard to keep the consistency up between clips because of the lack of specific footage i had, which is why i changed songs so often. However i found out that Ive missed a lot of clips somehow. So I'm going to revisit the video and hopefully make the whole thing flow a lot better.

👍

10 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Actually something decent for APB videos.

What a miracle.

Praise from the almighty NotZombieBiscuit.

/Bow

19 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

19 hours ago, Nevv said:

Sequel pls

Sequel coming to a forum near you.

Date: Soon ™

• Like 1