MattScott

Labor Day Weekend Update

On 8/31/2018 at 9:16 PM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

First, I want to thank everyone who came out and played in the Citadel Prototype districts. I have previously apologized for the mess we made of balancing weapons. This mini-event allowed us to collect invaluable information. I want everyone to know that we are listening and not ignoring the feedback we receive. For the most part I feel like once we make the next round of changes we will be close to what we're looking for.

Next, I am excited to announce that the new Trading System is now on OTW. We invite players to come check it out and give feedback, but please note there is a Rank/Rating 15 limit to access Trading. This is a requirement for production, so not everyone who logs into OTW will immediately be able to test the feature. We understand that may be frustrating for some players, but there wasn't a simple solution for removing it. My hope is that we'll be able to launch this feature to everyone soon.

Also the next patch will have a number of very important fixes. We were finally able to reproduce and fix the hitreg issue that has been plaguing the game.

Lastly, I know everyone has been very patient while we get organized. With many of the latency issues, hitreg, and Trading out of the way, I feel like we can now exclusively focus on the Unreal 3.5 upgrade and on the new mode. It's critical that we launch 3.5 so we can address matchmaking after that.

Have a great Labor Day weekend.

Thanks,
Matt

edited for clarity

What about PS4? The mics havent been working for 3 weeks now defeats a lot of the purpose of the video game in my opinion because we need to shit talk each other. Once again nothing being said for us console players who devote our time on a broken game

hitreg issue? You mean we have played for years with a ghohst bug that  now might change completely the feel of the game?

35 minutes ago, Nessie said:

hitreg issue? You mean we have played for years with a ghohst bug that  now might change completely the feel of the game?

I'm fine with it as long as my bullets actually register

On 9/1/2018 at 4:24 PM, MattScott said:

Sorry about the 7 day hold. That hapoens for new accounts, but was triggered for everyone on OTW. We are looking to fix that asap so people can test.

This issue seems to be resolved now. Just did a trade on OTW

okay so , you removed the trade hold , and we can trade as much as we want in a day , but come on
unknown.png

Is there really any point to this .
if the person you're trading with wants something to exchange it to get something else , he will have to wait 3 days ? that's bad .

i honestly don't understand what's up with all those wait times , you have to wait 7 days for this , then 3 days for that .
There's so many games where you can trade your stuff freely , so why can't we in APB ?
im really bummed by this to be honest .

This system is to prevent scams from trading right ? , well this trade hold is a new reason for middlemans to exist , because people are going to use them only to not have that trade hold .

So as long a trade holds are there , middlemans will still be a thing  , so will scammers , right ?

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ketog said:

okay so , you removed the trade hold , and we can trade as much as we want in a day , but come on
unknown.png

Is there really any point to this .
if the person you're trading with wants something to exchange it to get something else , he will have to wait 3 days ? that's bad .

i honestly don't understand what's up with all those wait times , you have to wait 7 days for this , then 3 days for that .
There's so many games where you can trade your stuff freely , so why can't we in APB ?
im really bummed by this to be honest .

This system is to prevent scams from trading right ? , well this trade hold is a new reason for middlemans to exist , because people are going to use them only to not have that trade hold .

So as long a trade holds are there , middlemans will still be a thing  , so will scammers , right ?

when g1 said that they will no longer be supporting "trusted middleman posts or billboards", they themselves helped players with trade which was similar.

It used to be like this. Go to suport page and draft a mail with subject stating that you wanna trade with x, Name your weapons and his weapons for which the trades are done, server name.

The GM's will do the trade instead of the middleman; this process took a period of 4-7 days. Ofc it was a good initiative, but not really welcomed among the community. Jus imagine, that you have to wait for 4-5 days of time to trade your weapons. I remember doing a trade like that once.

The 7 day hold is just for new accounts and the 3 day wait is just on legendary weapons. I'm not saying that I agree with how it's being done. But I can understand why.

58 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

the 3 day wait is just on legendary weapons. I'm not saying that I agree with how it's being done. But I can understand why.

i think after the 7days thing, both users adding what they wanna trade, and then a confirmation step for both players would be better than waiting 3days 🤔
Somewhat like steam

59 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

The 7 day hold is just for new accounts and the 3 day wait is just on legendary weapons. I'm not saying that I agree with how it's being done. But I can understand why.

The 3 days was done on a car  , i don't think a legendary weapon has 2 seats 😛

5 minutes ago, Ketog said:
The 3 days was done on a car  , i don't think a legendary weapon has 2 seats 😛
Sorry, didn't remember seeing that on any of the non-legendary items I tested with. My bad

On 9/3/2018 at 6:06 PM, Noob_Guardian said:
The only weapons that were rebalanced due to hitreg was shotguns, not every other gun, every other gun was changed for balancing reasons that didn't include hitreg.

Though im glad they fixed hitreg, or mostly fixed it.
The hitreg patch hasnt come out yet, Matt said they found what was causing it and are working to fix it.