MattScott

Labor Day Weekend Update

16 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Thanks for fixing the hitreg matt maby this will bring more ppl to play however what about matchmaking and threat? These 2 core game items are still extremely broken and need priority attention so the skill gap within threats isnt so great, dethreating is wiped out and lesser skilled players dont face top tier players constantly.

The thing they want to implement to hopefully resolve those issues is only possible in unreal engine 3.5 and above, so we'll need to wait until that's done I'd assume

Hoping the hitreg fix will fix my carbine finally. Shouldn't take somebody 10 shots at point blank range to die half the time

19 minutes ago, Kevkof said:
37 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Thanks for fixing the hitreg matt maby this will bring more ppl to play however what about matchmaking and threat? These 2 core game items are still extremely broken and need priority attention so the skill gap within threats isnt so great, dethreating is wiped out and lesser skilled players dont face top tier players constantly.

The thing they want to implement to hopefully resolve those issues is only possible in unreal engine 3.5 and above, so we'll need to wait until that's done I'd assume
I dont see what threat values has to do with a newer engine

Dear LO Dear Matt I would like to thank you for your hard working time! I hope we will finally have chance to see  Unreal 3.5 upgrade and for the future new Contacts and new map :)  

I have a question concerning trading system that will going to happen in live very soon.

1. Will there be any taxes in trades? if No, please tell me how marketplace will going to work, are you going to remove taxes completely ?

2. after trading with someone do we have to wait for some time to trade the same item again or its going to happen instantly ?

I'm asking all this because its seems that OTW has a lock on the market and i need to wait 6 days to try out the trading system 

Thanks in advance!

Regards!

14 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

The matchmaking is closely tied to the threat system, they need the new engine to implement district phasing which should improve the matchmaking and combined with that they might rework the threat system though that's not really the issue. The main issue is the low population per district which leads to skewed matchmaking

6 minutes ago, Kevkof said:
24 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

The matchmaking is closely tied to the threat system, they need the new engine to implement district phasing which should improve the matchmaking and combined with that they might rework the threat system though that's not really the issue. The main issue is the low population per district which leads to skewed matchmaking
Even when the pop was high this issue was still an issue, its not the low pop its how G1 broke both matchmaking and threat and the failed threat segregation back in the day. Segregation wont solve the issue and both matchmaking and threat need an overhaul. It shouldnt be easy to get gold threat it should be a pain in the rear yet the pain in the rear threat to get is green, obv something isnt right if the lowest rank is the hardest to get and the top rank is easiest.

11 hours ago, Exebyte said:

cool bro but what About the ranking System of apb like better ranks similar to Battlefield Diamond, Gold , fieldmarshall, lieteunat ? i apprechiate everything u guys did in this short time but come on please fix this ranking System already Jesus Christ from Nazareth...…..

They already said enough times the engine needs to be upgraded to do it properly....
Get in the prototype testing  districts and help them balance the guns so that they can then focus on the engine upgrade and fix matchmaking
10 hours ago, Puffdragon said:

Looks good, I am excited, but I'm staying away till new engine I think...

But the chaos of not knowing who will win now is making it that much funner

19 hours ago, IROCkiller said:

Thanks for the update, I can't wait for that engune update.

But if 3.5 breaks vegas wheelies like it did in the console I'll be very sad

This would be the one thing that would make me stop playing.  
  • Like 1

Han is dead, peak time is dead.

remove Han from japan please

Edited by Deadliest

so far so good. if you can matt
I think most of us want a little more info on that hitreg issue 🤔

On 8/31/2018 at 7:16 PM, MattScott said:

snip

Kinda confused but what happened to the whole two factor authentication that was supposedly planned before the engine stuff? (Originally mentioned in the FAQ stream w/ Kempington)
Not sure if you guys changed around when you wanted to implement it but I'm really curious because I would actually like some two factor authentication...
  Edited by Lucidy

On 8/31/2018 at 9:47 PM, Knite said:
hpLy14t.gif
why doesn't your forum title have something to do with macho man in it?
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 2:13 AM, Hexerin said:
On 8/31/2018 at 10:32 PM, Aeronaut said:

...rank 15? wait so what "rank" do accounts start on OTW? or are we referring to rating?

Yes, they're referring to rating. Only us old hats refer to it as rating, because so many people over so many years have spread the misinformation that it's called rank that it's always going to be called that going forward. It's unfixable, although it's a great way to tell the difference between people who've been around for a long time or not.
But it's called Rank ingame
unknown.png

36 minutes ago, Archon said:
unknown.png
Incredible. Gamersfirst/Reloaded even fucked up on something that simple.

17 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
54 minutes ago, Archon said:
unknown.png
Incredible. Gamersfirst/Reloaded even fucked up on something that simple.
Dunno why you think an intentional decision by the game company to call it rank is a 'fuckup' but ok

Easiest way I've seen hitreg issues is by using the LCR. One game I'm eliminating people left and right, the next I'm only hitting the first 3 bullets then nothing until I'm dead after expending my clip 😕
But to be honest, I'm still have issues where I disconnect randomly, so could just be the circuit the server keeps putting me in.

On 9/1/2018 at 7:35 AM, ឴឴឴឴឴឴឴ said:
Kidnite and Pukegrounds also have low tickrate servers but still millions of kids baited by marketing and hype play and review them as "very good/best/number 1 games"
???
Pubg has 120 tick. APB has 25. Edited by dogfish

26 minutes ago, dogfish said:
Pubg has 120 tick. APB has 25.
PUBG has variable tickrate, from sub 30 to 60hz
120hz are some custom servers for l33t gamers and tournaments

Using more than 30 in casual/low pop games like APB isn't worth anyway.

PubG European servers used to run on 12ticks in the past. Ive hated that game with a passion

21 hours ago, IROCkiller said:
On 8/31/2018 at 10:47 PM, Knite said:
[machoman.gif]
why doesn't your forum title have something to do with macho man in it?
A6Hs9Zd.gif Edited by Knite
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 2:19 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

It means any balancing done will have to be redone as it was all based off of broken hitreg that only worked consistently for bots. And im not talking about just shottie balancing here I mean every weapon in the game rebalanced.
The only weapons that were rebalanced due to hitreg was shotguns, not every other gun, every other gun was changed for balancing reasons that didn't include hitreg.

Though im glad they fixed hitreg, or mostly fixed it. Edited by Noob_Guardian