MattScott

Labor Day Weekend Update

7Hrdvbj.png
Like the other people have pointed out.

3 minutes ago, Tobii said:

Like the other people have pointed out.
We need someone to fix that... how about @Tobii? Maybe he can halp.

cool bro but what About the ranking System of apb like better ranks similar to Battlefield Diamond, Gold , fieldmarshall, lieteunat ? i apprechiate everything u guys did in this short time but come on please fix this ranking System already Jesus Christ from Nazareth...…..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exebyte said:

cool bro but what About the ranking System of apb like better ranks similar to Battlefield Diamond, Gold , fieldmarshall, lieteunat ? i apprechiate everything u guys did in this short time but come on please fix this ranking System already Jesus Christ from Nazareth...…..

I really don't think that adding more ranks to a small pop game will make it more balanced.
Removing ranking system would benefit more.

1 minute ago, EMilika said:
I really don't think that adding more ranks to a small pop game will make it more balanced.
Removing ranking system would benefit more.
People will instantly leave the game if there is no ranking System the game Need challenge true Facts brother…..
  • Like 1

the ranking System g1 added 3 or 4 yyears ago is the most terriblest ranking System ive ever seen in my life there is no challenge just a logo without any ranking down or ranking up i mean the old ones were 1000x better but still they Need to add betetr ranking System like Battlefield to make this game also blow up hard People will download this game like crazy if there is a challenge i know what im Talking About …...

I personally think the old system was great but people rage quitting to not loose the rank broke it. 

0laB8iA.png

Anywag Little orbit keep up the good work . Can not wait for the new engine after all these years.

Edited by ICELiquid
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ICELiquid said:

I personally think the old system was great but people rage quitting to not loose the rank broke it. 

0laB8iA.png

Little orbit keep up the good work 

here we go this is the real challenge im Talking About and yes People ragequitt because it was a challenge and People loved this ranking System alot much much more and People enjoyed playing too much probably geeking the game the whole night just to get Gold 10 easy work this is not somthing that takes ages this ranking System is the best add this ones 

36 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:
We need someone to fix that... how about @Tobii? Maybe he can halp.
fuck this meme... <.<

Give me access to the DB so I can just 
SELECT * FROM TRADE_LOCK;
Edited by Tobii

You add a rank limit, and then set it to 15?

Might as well completely remove it, or raise it.

Looks good, I am excited, but I'm staying away till new engine I think...

7 minutes ago, GhosT said:

It's more likely to slow down any attempt from trade bots or whatever their name is.

11 minutes ago, GhosT said:

This is the same rank limit that's on the ingame marketplace though. So it makes sense
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MattScott said:

Also the next patch will have a number of very important fixes. We were finally able to reproduce and fix the hitreg issue that has been plaguing the game.

This just sounds too good to be true.

sure put a rank restriction to test stuff while 99% of the pop are r9 on OTW.

2 minutes ago, hack said:

sure put a rank restriction to test stuff while 99% of the pop are r9 on OTW.

adding it afterwards would require another round of testing, because you'd be testing the core mechanics first with the rankless test but then all the rank related limits/feature with a ranked test. Seems like double the trouble

10 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

First, I want to thank everyone who came out and played in the Citadel Prototype districts. I have previously apologized for the mess we made of balancing weapons. This mini-event allowed us to collect invaluable information. I want everyone to know that we are listening and not ignoring the feedback we receive. For the most part I feel like once we make the next round of changes we will be close to what we're looking for.

Next, I am excited to announce that the new Trading System is now on OTW. We invite players to come check it out and give feedback, but please note there is a Rank/Rating 15 limit to access Trading. This is a requirement for production, so not everyone who logs into OTW will immediately be able to test the feature. We understand that may be frustrating for some players, but there wasn't a simple solution for removing it. My hope is that we'll be able to launch this feature to everyone soon.

Also the next patch will have a number of very important fixes. We were finally able to reproduce and fix the hitreg issue that has been plaguing the game.

Lastly, I know everyone has been very patient while we get organized. With many of the latency issues, hitreg, and Trading out of the way, I feel like we can now exclusively focus on the Unreal 3.5 upgrade and on the new mode. It's critical that we launch 3.5 so we can address matchmaking after that.

Have a great Labor Day weekend.

Thanks,
Matt

edited for clarity

No sales??

5 hours ago, ICELiquid said:

0laB8iA.png

10 tiers isnt it too much?i think even 3 for each threat r enough if they r well defined

Sorry about the 7 day hold. That hapoens for new accounts, but was triggered for everyone on OTW. We are looking to fix that asap so people can test.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

10 tiers isnt it too much?i think even 3 for each threat r enough if they r well defined

More matchmaking tiers ensures that all players in the system will neatly fit into a specific tier. This allows greater consistency in their matchups.

The current situation of only 3 effective tiers leaves too much room for players whose performances places them in between tiers, creating significantly inconsistent matchmaking from game to game for those players (all those players complaining about how they feel stuck between gold and silver). Which of course discourages them from playing. Edited by Nite
Edited spelling because mobile

1 hour ago, Nite said:
More matchmaking tiers ensures that all players in the system will neatly fit into a specific tier. This allows greater consistency in their matchups.

The current situation of only 3 effective tiers leaves too much room for players whose performances places them in between tiers, creating significantly inconsistent matchmaking from game to game for those players (all those players complaining about how they feel stuck between gold and silver). Which of course discourages them from playing.
We have like 30-40 tiers or some shit. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, (Xbox)MortisedGuide said:
15 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

First, I want to thank everyone who came out and played in the Citadel Prototype districts. I have previously apologized for the mess we made of balancing weapons. This mini-event allowed us to collect invaluable information. I want everyone to know that we are listening and not ignoring the feedback we receive. For the most part I feel like once we make the next round of changes we will be close to what we're looking for.

Next, I am excited to announce that the new Trading System is now on OTW. We invite players to come check it out and give feedback, but please note there is a Rank 15 limit to access Trading. This is a requirement for production, so not everyone who logs into OTW will immediately be able to test the feature. We understand that may be frustrating for some players, but there wasn't a simple solution for removing it. My hope is that we'll be able to launch this feature to everyone soon.

Lastly, I know everyone has been very patient while we get organized. With many of the latency issues, hitreg, and Trading out of the way, I feel like we can now exclusively focus on the Unreal 3.5 upgrade and on the new mode. It's critical that we launch 3.5 so we can address matchmaking after that.

Thanks,
Matt

Oof I'm on vacation in South Carolina.
Did I get 6 downvotes for being on vacation? Bruh lemme live a little. If yall really got no life I bet I'll get downvoted again.
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

Next, I am excited to announce that the new Trading System is now on OTW. We invite players to come check it out and give feedback, but please note there is a Rank/Rating 15 limit to access Trading. This is a requirement for production, so not everyone who logs into OTW will immediately be able to test the feature. We understand that may be frustrating for some players, but there wasn't a simple solution for removing it. My hope is that we'll be able to launch this feature to everyone soon.

Thanks,
Matt

edited for clarity

Thanks for fixing the hitreg matt maby this will bring more ppl to play however what about matchmaking and threat? These 2 core game items are still extremely broken and need priority attention so the skill gap within threats isnt so great, dethreating is wiped out and lesser skilled players dont face top tier players constantly.

15 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

We were finally able to reproduce and fix the hitreg issue that has been plaguing the game.

Any idea yet what this might mean for shotguns?
It means any balancing done will have to be redone as it was all based off of broken hitreg that only worked consistently for bots. And im not talking about just shottie balancing here I mean every weapon in the game rebalanced.
  • Thanks 1