Sign in to follow this  
TrashCan

How about are mission balancing?

Cop's have more time for making some spots for the same mission.
Cop's have better car's to deliver.
Cop's have still a bigger aura to disable car-spawns.

Are fair mission balancing will be bring back more people to the game!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TrashCan said:

as an enforcer. 99.9% the time crims have 60% closer spawns than me
Crims can raid and make easy money in empty districts without getting inspected
Crims has as much good cars as Enforcers to deliver. That cisco is also paper if u are comparing that to the varzuga/machima

The only problem i have with fair missions is that stealing 3 varzuga's/cisco's and deliver missions where having equal teams will still be almost imposible to complete that stage, or VIP on a 2v2 🤔

oh ye. Teambase mission with 1 heavy item and only 4minutes to play instead of 6 or 8
Edited by Keshi
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rolpack said:

to both of these people ^ 

w a t

You can use google translator.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TrashCan said:
15 minutes ago, Rolpack said:

to both of these people ^ 

w a t

You can use google translator.
i dont think even google translator can save this

11 minutes ago, Ignas / qsn said:

ye, LO nerfed pretty much every weapon. Time to move onto missions, then themes, then clothing.

wake up buddy

So you confirm that some mission are unfair because you talk about Nerf. I Talk about balancing. Edited by TrashCan

Yes, some missions/objectives aren't perfectly well balanced on both factions - get out with the subjective witch hunt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Yes, some missions/objectives aren't perfectly well balanced on both factions - get out with the subjective witch hunt.

Yeah i agree that's why i think we need are balancing on both sides for more funny in the game.

5 hours ago, TrashCan said:

what?????

both factions have some super unbalanced mission aspects

oddly enough i feel like apb wouldnt be apb without that kind of weird shit

This game is fundamentally imbalanced anyway. One team attacks and MUST complete all objectives to win. The other team just needs to win the last stage, which is supposedly fair.

There ARE a few outliers to balance like camera missions and the fact bombs have no overtime that may appear to be in favor of criminals but really this balance issue is not a "my faction has a harder time than the other faction" problem.

Also no, cops do NOT have a bigger aura to disable car spawns.

Edited by TheHidden-Tember

3 minutes ago, DominationBaby said:

We need are Vote for mission balancing! This are good idea to push Apb Reloaded forward to are competitive game!

apb will never be a competitive game 
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
10 minutes ago, DominationBaby said:

We need are Vote for mission balancing! This are good idea to push Apb Reloaded forward to are competitive game!

apb will never be a competitive game 

Everything is possible and APB can be one! This would save the game too just engine-upgrade will not bring back People to the game.  People need fun in the game, Fairplay... 
and then more people would play it.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, DominationBaby said:

APB is not made to be a competitive game, there are too many random factors involved in an APB match, included but not limited to:
  • Objective location and type (picking up an item on the street is one thing, delivering multiple PCs to the top of the mall in Waterfront, well...)
  • Unbalanced locations (the roof on top of Double B's subway station comes to mind, but it's just one of many)
  • Vehicle availability (nothing like respawning and finding no cars, with the closest spawn being at 100m)
  • Random vehicles based on instances (depending on your instances the same mission might require you to deliver a Vegas or a Cisco, each one having a different approach)
  • Influence from outside players (being pushed by cars, someone blowing up your cover item, being killed by or as a Bounty, and the list doesn't stop here)
  • RNGJesus weapon accuracy (self explanatory... I'm all for making the first bullet of each burst being pinpoint)
As you can see, mission balancing is only one of those factors. Some of these are easily fixable, some are stupid hard.
For a game to be competitive, matches must exist in a vacuum where players have complete control over what happens, random elements are the complete opposite of this, and the resulting mahyem is what makes APB ultra-casual, as you might be doing your best at winning but your efforts might be invalidated by something you have no control on. Edited by Rikard86

17 minutes ago, Rikard86 said:
APB is not made to be a competitive game, there are too many random factors involved in an APB match, included but not limited to:
  • Objective location and type (picking up an item on the street is one thing, delivering multiple PCs to the top of the mall in Waterfront, well...)
  • Unbalanced locations (the roof on top of Double B's subway station comes to mind, but it's just one of many)
  • Vehicle availability (nothing like respawning and finding no cars, with the closest spawn being at 100m)
  • Random vehicles based on instances (depending on your instances the same mission might require you to deliver a Vegas or a Cisco, each one having a different approach)
  • Influence from outside players (being pushed by cars, someone blowing up your cover item, being killed by or as a Bounty, and the list doesn't stop here)
  • RNGJesus weapon accuracy (self explanatory... I'm all for making the first bullet of each burst being pinpoint)
As you can see, mission balancing is only one of those factors. Some of these are easily fixable, some are stupid hard.
For a game to be competitive, matches must exist in a vacuum where players have complete control over what happens, random elements are the complete opposite of this, and the resulting mahyem is what makes APB ultra-casual, as you might be doing your best at winning but your efforts might be invalidated by something you have no control on.
Slowly slowly i talk about Mission balancing ..Same Cars to deliver, same Time in missions for both factions and so on that's easy to fix. Edited by TrashCan

On 8/31/2018 at 3:59 PM, Ignas / qsn said:

Time to move onto missions, then themes, then clothing.

Yeah they can't nerf clothing fast enough! It's about time people had their crutches removed.

8 minutes ago, TrashCan said:
17 minutes ago, Rikard86 said:
For a game to be competitive, matches must exist in a vacuum where players have complete control over what happens, random elements are the complete opposite of this, and the resulting mahyem is what makes APB ultra-casual, as you might be doing your best at winning but your efforts might be invalidated by something you have no control on.
Slow slow i talk about Mission balancing ..Same Cars to deliver, same Time in missions for both factions and so on that's easy to fix.
Yeah, that was for the guy who wanted "competitive APB".

Also yeah, missions badly need a complete revamp, or a rebalance at least. The second should be pretty easy, since everything they need is already in, they just need to change the mission flow to involve both Crims and Enfs in a more active way (i.e. switching attack and defense more often)

Ideally we should get a more 'freeway' mission flow to keep things interesting (i.e. if defenders win the first phase go to A, otherwise go to B, or a Phase Point system where both factions are given the same target and the end result of the mission is based on whoever won most phases), but that would require not only to redesign missions from scratch, but also to completely rewrite the system. Edited by Rikard86
  • Like 2

Add to that broken spawn system. Voila. Most of missions are pain in patootie to at least one side of mission.

6 hours ago, Clandestine said:

I wish I could opt out of 2vs2. Most missions are balanced for 4vs4. 

I would instead have them make it so 2v2 was a bit better than it is now. Whenever I get stuffed into a 2v2 VIP, I feel like all they need to do is find which side my teammate can't protect me from, then it's spawn killing with a car from there.....

3 hours ago, puppydemon20 said:
10 hours ago, Clandestine said:

I wish I could opt out of 2vs2. Most missions are balanced for 4vs4. 

I would instead have them make it so 2v2 was a bit better than it is now. Whenever I get stuffed into a 2v2 VIP, I feel like all they need to do is find which side my teammate can't protect me from, then it's spawn killing with a car from there.....
Lol Vip. This one I just /afk

both factions must have an equal chance of winning .

I think the 2v2 issues could be solved if both teams were allowed to call backup until each team has at least 3 or 4 players.

Some other balances are desperately needed though:

• VIP missions are just a painful experience regardless of which side I play on. They take way too long and really need an overhaul of some sort. I think it would be MUCH better to do it the way Asylum has it so that each team has a VIP to protect.
  • Item hold missions are just a mess. there are way too many cheesy ways to make the mission unwinnable if the attacking team doesn't have a Volcano or car surfer + ALIG. At the moment I am unsure how they could be reworked in a way which makes them less annoying/unfair.
  • Someone mentioned car delivery missions are also quite annoying when people keep blowing up the vehicles right after they spawn. Maybe make it so that anyone who destroys a delivery mission vehicle automatically get a bounty placed on them, regardless of which team they're on?
  • Delivery missions can range anywhere from absolutely fine to HELL ON EARTH. I think this has more to do with the way players interact with items than the mission type itself. For example, if your team's drop off location is in a place where it's hard/impossible to bring a vehicle next to, AND all the objectives are all heavy items. Two things can be done about this. 1. For the love of god get rid of heavy items as an objective when items cannot be dropped off from inside your vehicle. 2. Make it so that players can move at full speed with medium items, but restrict the use of their weapons. This way people don't need to use janky workarounds like continuously dropping suitcases while jumping to move around faster.
Edited by notHunky
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, notHunky said:
Item hold missions are just a mess. there are way too many cheesy ways to make the mission unwinnable if the attacking team doesn't have a Volcano or car surfer + ALIG. At the moment I am unsure how they could be reworked in a way which makes them less annoying/unfair.

Surely the answer is to just make item-hold items incapable of being placed inside vehicles? Or if it is possible to make it so that any vehicle with an item-hold item inside becomes immobile (So that teams in Overtime have a chance). This doesn't fix players car surfing with item-hold items I suppose, unless there was a way to prevent certain items from being car surfed with. Edited by Lord Cashpoint
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this