Sign in to follow this  
Rumple

San Paro stop talking about weapon balancing. Please!

Please. Jesus Christ. Please stop.

Little Orbit is just beginning to familiarize themselves with everything.

Now is not the time to discuss the complexities of balance.

Your priorities as a citizen of San Paro at this very moment should be to look for improvements in infrastructure, content, population growth, customer support, any alterations monetization, bug fixes, community/seasonal events, etc.

99.9% of the time something ever had “balancing” changes it completely removed the gun from play. I understand, the current “meta” might be stale. It’s mostly due to past balancing requests.

Historically, most of the people that make these threads aren’t at all versatile with multiple varied weapons & that is why you struggle. There very interesting discussions to be had at the stat based level, but those conversations are rarely the subjects of these threads.

Should there be balancing changes in the future? Yes, but most of it will be to resurrect the vast amount of guns that are no longer as practical due to past “balancing”. Or at least it should start with that.

This game really doesn’t need to have a meta. There’s no skills, no classes, no insane # of item combinations/synergies.

All the guns shoot, all the guns can kill you.

Please for the sake of APB’s 3rd shot at life, please pump the brakes on these insignificant issues.

Accept this desperate plea from an RTW player, the illustrious Rumple____skin. I am not a great player, but I’ve always been here & always cared. And tried to maintain a level good sportsmanship and respect, aside from the occasional PG-13 rated fun I conduct.

Please focus you attention where it matters in this time of transition.

At this time, I extend goodwill & I choose to believe LO will be a good shepherd to APB. 

That makes this 3rd chance ours to lose San Paro.

• Like 2

Also Joker was the better server name. #BringBackJoker

we dont have anything else to talk about for the moment

6 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

we dont have anything else to talk about for the moment

Let’s talk about content. Put contacts in Aslyum & make it a 20 v 20 district. Add in our typical break in & item missions & we’ve got a month of content for little effort. Each contact level can be a joker box + mix in clothing slots, etc. Whatever is low effort.

Edited by Rumple

3 minutes ago, Rumple said:

Let’s talk about content. Put contacts in Aslyum & make it a 20 v 20 district. Add in our typical break in & item missions & we’ve got a month of content for little effort. Each contact level can be a joker box + mix in clothing slots, etc. Whatever is low effort.

that sounds pretty awful tbh

asylum is a subpar fc district at best, i would never want to run actual missions there

Just now, BXNNXD said:

that sounds pretty awful tbh

asylum is a subpar fc district at best, i would never want to run actual missions there

I mean I clearly just pulled that out of thin air. Same concept can be done for any district. Add contact, add low effort but attractive rewards (joker boxes) and call it day. There’s contacts that were removed from the game if I recall... i’m sure there are models available.

I just want to avoid the NERF XYZ & BUFF ZYX threads.

Any other discussion is probably more prosperous 

21 minutes ago, Rumple said:

Now is not the time to discuss the complexities of balance.

Your priorities as a citizen of San Paro at this very moment should be to look for improvements in infrastructure, content, population growth, customer support, any alterations monetization, bug fixes, community/seasonal events, etc.

I agree 100% Fixing the game and bringing in more players should come first. "Balance" isn't even a big enough issue atm for it to take the top spot.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Michi said:

I agree 100% Fixing the game and bringing in more players should come first. "Balance" isn't even a big enough issue atm for it to take the top spot.

Yes! Glad it’s just not me. Balance is very far from a front line issue for today’s APB

1 minute ago, Rumple said:

Yes! Glad it’s just not me. Balance is very far from a front line issue for today’s APB

All the guns have their own things going for them. Since APB has been pretty much just the die-hard fans and the people that come across it, the game needs to be able to keep players. Personally, I love the game and have recently got a couple friends into the game myself and they love it. There isn't a game like it, we cant just get caught up on the "balance" even though its a minor issue. I know the date of this account isn't really anything to prove, but I thank the people like you keeping the game kicking all this time!

• Like 1

They already have a 'roadmap' in place that they're going to follow and weapon balance isn't top priority. Matt announced that even if they were going to do any balance changes, it would be very minor tweaks. You have nothing to worry about boyo

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, :^) said:

They already have a 'roadmap' in place that they're going to follow and weapon balance isn't top priority. Matt announced that even if they were going to do any balance changes, it would be very minor tweaks. You have nothing to worry about boyo

This is also the reason for what I said, thanks 😄

Roadmap and APB, I never thought those two words would meet.

Edited by Michi
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, :^) said:

Thank goodness, boyo. ;^)

6 minutes ago, Michi said:

All the guns have their own things going for them. Since APB has been pretty much just the die-hard fans and the people that come across it, the game needs to be able to keep players. Personally, I love the game and have recently got a couple friends into the game myself and they love it. There isn't a game like it, we cant just get caught up on the "balance" even though its a minor issue. I know the date of this account isn't really anything to prove, but I thank the people like you keeping the game kicking all this time!

I’m glad you’re having a good time & keep bringing your friends! There’s Ian something special about APB and it may be harder to catch the bug these days but if you peel back a few layers anyone would be hooked.

And you’re too kind, I’ve only contributed a couple thousand hours of my life and mere few hundred dollars. Shoutout to the folks that have spent a few grand. They’re the real MVP!

• Like 1

I’m glad you’re having a good time & keep bringing your friends! There’s Ian something special about APB and it may be harder to catch the bug these days but if you peel back a few layers anyone would be hooked.

And you’re too kind, I’ve only contributed a couple thousand hours of my life and mere few hundred dollars. Shoutout to the folks that have spent a few grand. They’re the real MVP!

I hate to admit what I'm about to say, but you cant forget about G1. They might have left the game to wilt away, but its thanks to them for keeping the servers up, so that we could get to this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michi said:

I hate to admit what I'm about to say, but you cant forget about G1. They might have left the game to wilt away, but its thanks to them for keeping the servers up, so that we could get to this point.

I appreciate them for Reloaded. Once upon a time G1 did pretty regular updates and such. Reloaded was a lot of fun in the first 1-2 years. Their blunder was poor communication and over promising. 

• Like 1

I appreciate them for Reloaded. Once upon a time G1 did pretty regular updates and such. Reloaded was a lot of fun in the first 1-2 years. Their blunder was poor communication and over promising. 

Agreed, I used to play on a much older account, but sadly I lost that one and couldn't play well due to the "craptop" I was running it on. Either way thanks for showing me there are parts of this community that do love the game. With that, I bid you a good night. o/

4 minutes ago, Rumple said:

reloaded was awful at weapon balance which leads to the terrible state the game is in today

Edited by BXNNXD
:^)

Just now, BXNNXD said:

reloaded was awful at weapon balance which leads to the terrible state the game is in today

You’re not wrong, but that wasn’t so bad in the beginning. It became more of an issue when the content slowed and guns=content. Then they’d just flavor of the month ARMAS for the big bucks.

To be honest there is nothing wrong with talking about weapon balancing and how people feel about the current state of weapons. For example i (and im sure some others) would like the ntec to be reverted to what it use to be. Its fine if some people disagree with me or agree. As long as people aren't putting knifes to each others throats i don't see the problem.

Edited by RespectThis

2 minutes ago, RespectThis said:

To be honest there is nothing wrong with talking about weapon balancing and how people feel about the current state of weapons. For example i (and im sure some others) would like the ntec to be reverted to what it use to be. Its fine if some people disagree with me or agree. As long as people aren't putting knifes to each others throats i don't see the problem.

nah i think the ntec is in a pretty good spot right now

what are your reasons for wanting a nerf rollback?

2 minutes ago, RespectThis said:

My only concern is NERF XYZ/BUFF ZYX threads. I actually enjoy the detailed discussion, it’s interesting & many people come up with creative balancing solutions.

Without intelligent discussion it’s always a mistake to entertain & perpetuates a lot of issues.

2 hours ago, Rumple said:

First, I wanna like the OP, but ran out.

Second, I can't stand Asylum, they should implement a map rotation between Asylum, Baylan, and Beacon, if possible, more 🙂

Third... Colby > Joker 😛

Edited by Sergsininia
Colby Server best Server

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

nah i think the ntec is in a pretty good spot right now

what are your reasons for wanting a nerf rollback?

Personally i think where it was before it was fine. I do think it was strong. It was an AR with good versatility. I think the change in heavy barrel for lowering the damage was ok but the large bloom increase after the 4th shot i find silly. I think it really hurts it with alot of the current guns. Specifically the Obeya Rifle and the Carbine.

Just now, Sergsininia said:

First, I wanna like the OP, but ran out.

Second, I can't stand Asylum, they should implement a map rotation between Asylum, Baylan, and Beacon, if possible, more 🙂

I miss beacon I haven’t seen it in ages. 

Honestly, just contacts anywhere with joker boxes or g1c as rewards as short term low effort content and it’s a win-win.

3 minutes ago, RespectThis said:

Personally i think where it was before it was fine. I do think it was strong. It was an AR with good versatility. I think the change in heavy barrel for lowering the damage was ok but the large bloom increase after the 4th shot i find silly. I think it really hurts it with alot of the current guns. Specifically the Obeya Rifle and the Carbine.

yeah im not a huge fan of any of the "curve" systems tbh, they just add more arbitrary and unexplained stats to the already arbitrary and unexplained gunplay 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this