Putins

can i say the game is dead now?

I'm still having fun here.  Yesterday I did a full day of missions and although I had my patootie handed to me too many times to say it was just bad luck, I think I got some good experience that will hopefully improve my game as time goes on. Maybe it was because it was a weekday , but Waterfront did look a bit empty while Financial was hopping.

4 hours ago, Asparii said:
Notice how there's hardly any hackers around/if any?
A lot of bans were false positives, even G1 admitted to that.
Or banned for political reasons while offline soon after adding 250 days of premium.

8 hours ago, Putins said:

or must i wait another 100 days for nothing to change and more bad decisions to be made?

pls 

How can it possibly be dead when we still log on with or without you?
Your account is not even 100 days old so how could you possibly know how bad it was under G1 and how much work Little Orbit has done as well as is continuing to do?
It's becoming more alive with hope and promise from their work not dead like your whining says.
Your post makes you sound like you believe yourself to be entitled to everything now , but guess what getting good things takes hard work and time and Little Orbit is doing just that.
Toss this thread in the pile of "Little Orbit did something I don't like so the game is dead" so that I can get back to shooting at people who suck it up and play through the mess until its cleaned up.
  • Like 1

It's alive as long as we keep it alive, in our hearts

And well the servers being up helps too

7 hours ago, Asparii said:
The game has increased in players substantially ever since LO took over..?
Maybe on the EU servers where the game has always enjoyed great popularity. Here on Jericho the game is very much back to Gamersfirst/Reloaded era dead population.

Really I'm not worried about the population being dead as of yet. If Little Orbit makes good on their promises and fixes the game many vets will return and maybe we can get a redo of the old trailer... maybe made with people dressed up like top tier players? (little joke but all that aside) The population will go up and down as we go through fixing this hot mess that a good chunk of us still enjoy quite fondly, it's not going to make a big turn around till unreal 3.5 or even 4 who knows and at that point we'll be back to having several streamers both on the EU side and the NA side (sorry the rest of the world I never heard much from you back in the heyday even though I'm sure you made a good impact too). All this whining and complaining does nothing at all to further discussion because A) The people that do it are so thick headed they don't want to have a discussion on the top 'I'm right and that's that' B) The ones that do offer up good discussion just wind up getting lost in the crap posts and whining regardless. Let's face it... our community is and always has been pretty self-destructive sadly as is the case with most if not all competitive online games. Never the less, I'm still gonna log in, play the game, and win some and lose some, because it's a game, I love it... and I'll play till I'm the last person left if I have to.... regardless of how sad that outcome sounds for me.

14 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

Nop... game is still alive. And stays alive till LO stops trying and shutdowns servers.

alive on citadel.  Jericho is pretty much always dead

14 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

Just post a weekly thread, including a screenie of Steam Charts. It should also include rather aggressive statements including, but not limited to;

• You don't know what you're doing LO, you know nothing about TPS games!!
  • Revert EVERYTHING, game is unplayable!!
  • G1 knew more about this game
Please remember also to:
  • Ignore the vastly improved communication
  • Ignore that actual changes are actually happening in the actual game!!
  • Ignore the transparency from LO
  • Refuse to participate in weapon/mod testing, both on OTW or on the Live Servers. Also remember to refuse to provide qualified, sensible, and balanced feedback
Finally, if someone offers an opinion on your threads, which does not perfectly align with your own view - attack them personally. Every single one of them.
Does it hurt you that much if i post IT?

I am okay that you enjoy the social part of apb, like afking in social district or chating in apb forums... but there is people who actually played the game and we totally knew that balance is a really sensible issue.
Remember that its been worked up for years to the point a dude who doesnt know apb started to put his hands on it and created an abomination like is nhvr now, or shotguns (that anyone who play the game can tell you they were COMPLETLY AND ABSOLUTLY FINE).

Bleeding the rest of the few players that kept playing just show... a disagreement? Maybe?

15 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:
alive on citadel.  Jericho is pretty much always dead
'dead' is relative, having up around 375 during the peak hours isn't really that dead, in my opinion... Han, now that is dead Edited by Archon

9 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Here on Jericho the game is very much back to Gamersfirst/Reloaded era dead population.

I'm on Jericho.

18 minutes ago, Asparii said:
I'm on Jericho.

Highfive! #jerichoaintdeadyetyoujuicedrinkers Edited by Archon
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Asparii said:
I'm on Jericho.
Then you are aware of how it's a dead server again. Maybe 20-30 people online at night, with 200-300 people during peak hours. That isn't a sustainable population, period.

17 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I just logged in.
Your argument is invalid.

Thats all you need to say.

20 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

Just post a weekly thread, including a screenie of Steam Charts. It should also include rather aggressive statements including, but not limited to;

• You don't know what you're doing LO, you know nothing about TPS games!!
  • Revert EVERYTHING, game is unplayable!!
  • G1 knew more about this game
Please remember also to:
  • Ignore the vastly improved communication
  • Ignore that actual changes are actually happening in the actual game!!
  • Ignore the transparency from LO
  • Refuse to participate in weapon/mod testing, both on OTW or on the Live Servers. Also remember to refuse to provide qualified, sensible, and balanced feedback
Finally, if someone offers an opinion on your threads, which does not perfectly align with your own view - attack them personally. Every single one of them.
giphy.gif

Can we get this stickied? 

11 hours ago, Hexerin said:
11 hours ago, Asparii said:
I'm on Jericho.
Then you are aware of how it's a dead server again. Maybe 20-30 people online at night, with 200-300 people during peak hours. That isn't a sustainable population, period.
Ive seen those numbers........when its getting close to midnight......

On 8/31/2018 at 8:51 PM, Archon said:
'dead' is relative, having up around 375 during the peak hours isn't really that dead, in my opinion... Han, now that is dead
31 people on at 7am - 3pm and then maaaybe one full server of silver and then there not being enough pop to even really bother being on the game because it takes 10 minutes of click spamming join because no other servers are joinable besides 1 full Fight Club.

Dead isnt really what I was leaning towards but its obviously a super shit amount of pop especially when trying to level up.  Been trying to get 195 for two months now and between work and there never being more than just one server "open" its been impossible.   I have over 10000 kills and Im still 187 because of this stupid pop gap

And since youre a " oh Look at NuMebReSsSS " kinda guy, 375 doesnt mean shit when theres 100 people in social, 20 people trolling, 10 people afk, and most of the other 245 are in bronze. lol. Oh and lets not include just staurday pop as an example.  Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:
And since youre a " oh Look at NuMebReSsSS " kinda guy, 375 doesnt mean shit when theres 100 people in social, 20 people trolling, 10 people afk, and most of the other 245 are in bronze. lol. Oh and lets not include just staurday pop as an example. 
So much hyperbole in this entire thread. There's only that percentage of the population in social when the edgy bois are on on the weekend, and I wasn't using Saturday as my example, I meant in general the pop max is 350-375. If you want a better argument for this whole post it's 'Jericho's population can't handle all this rampant rampant dethreating; is causing silver districts to not be populated' not, 'omg, Jericho is dead, abandon ship'

I'm on Jericho all the time, I only use numbers for evidence of a point. But if you want numbers I'll give ya numbers: last Wednesday at 8am CT: 69. That is pretty low, I agree. Last Wednesday at 1pm CT; 162, that's not great. Last Thursday at 2am CT; 129 (I'm not trying to say anything by adding these numbers, I just wanted to add some real exaggerated numbers into this post.)

I think another problem that I hope L.O. is working on and will have a fix soon is matchmaking and district separation. I've been playing between being a bronze threat to silver and back and forth because I'm still trying to get used to all of this again.

I can have a team of bronze to trainee and we end up against silver and worse, gold threats and it seems on those missions the only thing I seem to be getting good at and my team is getting killed over and over again in very new and horrific ways lol.

I get why we have silver threats in bronze districts but the gold threats seem to be there to get easy kills. As a returning player this is nothing new to me and so you just roll with the punches and for me personally it's "win or lose I progress just a little more with a contact".

Anyone new coming into game though I cannot see how they would stick around long enough to get better at the game with that kind of opposition against them.  

I believe it depends a lot on your definition of "dead game". Realistically, let's use an analogy saying that this game is on life support and the question is, what can be done to keep him there, maybe breath a little bit more life into it, not whether can this game miraculously be reborn into a modern title which could compete with other successful titles of today.

When are they going to start getting on top of tickets jesus christ its been a month already

1 hour ago, Sharakon said:

When are they going to start getting on top of tickets jesus christ its been a month already

Nothing to do with this thread.....and they're working on mine and others so just be patient please

Jericho will not have high numbers before 3 pm from people being at work or high school/college

Currently Little Orbit is working on a few different things at once for APB and once the engine upgrade is completed they will be working on matchmaking and new content.
Both of those are critical for new players to come and for old ones to return since the old ones left from cheaters before BattleEye and the engine upgrade not being done.