Sign in to follow this  
Lammashta

What about the Confederate Flag?

4 hours ago, Puffdragon said:

215141-69acd80c-1087-11e4-9633-5d2eb5bc9

This is the flag the pro russian side of used in the ukrainian war, there was no slaves there. The reports of neo-nazis actually were to do with pro e.u. forces backed by the nato alliance.

UJ+4.gif

This is the russian navel flag, it's also the flag of scotland, as well as various scottish clans.

Get the picture yet?

Edit: but what does it mean, it's called the st. andrews cross it's not racist. Back to history class.

" According to legend, the Christian apostle and martyr Saint Andrew, the patron saint of Scotland, was crucified on an X-shaped cross.[6] Use of the familiar iconography of his martyrdom, showing the apostle bound to an X-shaped cross, first appears in the Kingdom of Scotland in 1180 during the reign of William I. It was again depicted on seals used during the late 13th century, including on one used by the Guardians of Scotland, dated 1286.[6] "

andreje1-1024x625.jpg

All is ok but russian naval St. Andrew's flag is like this

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

What about getting notoriety 5 and camping the high school roof?

405272815927951360.png?v=1 Oof.

4 hours ago, Puffdragon said:

215141-69acd80c-1087-11e4-9633-5d2eb5bc9

This is the flag the pro russian side of used in the ukrainian war, there was no slaves there. The reports of neo-nazis actually were to do with pro e.u. forces backed by the nato alliance.

UJ+4.gif

This is the russian navel flag, it's also the flag of scotland, as well as various scottish clans.

Get the picture yet?

Edit: but what does it mean, it's called the st. andrews cross it's not racist. Back to history class.

" According to legend, the Christian apostle and martyr Saint Andrew, the patron saint of Scotland, was crucified on an X-shaped cross.[6] Use of the familiar iconography of his martyrdom, showing the apostle bound to an X-shaped cross, first appears in the Kingdom of Scotland in 1180 during the reign of William I. It was again depicted on seals used during the late 13th century, including on one used by the Guardians of Scotland, dated 1286.[6] "

BAN THAT SCOTTISH FLAG.. 

Oh wait.. nm im scottish 😛

UNBAN THAT SCOTTISH FLAG!!

7 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

sweet christmas, are we going to go through everything anyone has ever found offensive?

when do we ban american flags because the US bombed hiroshima and nagasaki? 

when do we ban japanese rising sun flags because the Allies banned it after ww2?

and on and on and on and on

think the OP is maybe an attention seeker and looking to raise his post count.. 

More importantly though, when do we ban Avatars of Donald Trump because he has a huge comb over? I'm offended by that comb over as I have very little hair so I find it very offensive! #banthecombover

8 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

sweet christmas, are we going to go through everything anyone has ever found offensive?

when do we ban american flags because the US bombed hiroshima and nagasaki? 

when do we ban japanese rising sun flags because the Allies banned it after ww2?

and on and on and on and on

When do we ban german swastika flag because victors banned it after the war...o wait 😆

I persoanlly don't see anything wrong with the flag and I've seen it used on EU servers by some people for long time, like on the "General Lee" Vegas...

Edited by ╬ PzKpfw VI Tiger

The only thing that bothers me about using the Nazi / Soviet / Confederate  etc flags is the lack of creativity the players who use them display.

Contrary to what the media says and does, this is not considered racist by anyone with integrity. Use it, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. This has to stop, we draw the line somewhere or the society gets driven into the ocean.

Next someone will propose a ban on my Make America Great Again hat.

1 hour ago, Bornstellar said:

Next someone will propose a ban on my Make America Great Again hat.

Just wait, I saw an American Flag on an Espacio today, someone's gonna say the U.S. is Elitist, and offends them, ban the U.S. Flag

Also, OP, The confederate flag/rebel flag w/e you wanna call isn't a symbol of racism or hate speech, you're good there.

Don't go around shouting hate speech and parading the flag like a KKK member and you're fine.

Once you do something that actually violate the ToS, then that's a bannable offense. The ToS also says that you can't break any law of x country. Since the game is fairly internationally based, I'd say, don't shout hate speech, don't make a swastika, (historical accuracy ____ item here or not). Use common sense, and think: "What am I using this for?"

12 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

Just wait, I saw an American Flag on an Espacio today, someone's gonna say the U.S. is Elitist, and offends them, ban the U.S. Flag

Also, OP, The confederate flag/rebel flag w/e you wanna call isn't a symbol of racism or hate speech, you're good there.

Don't go around shouting hate speech and parading the flag like a KKK member and you're fine.

Once you do something that actually violate the ToS, then that's a bannable offense. The ToS also says that you can't break any law of x country. Since the game is fairly internationally based, I'd say, don't shout hate speech, don't make a swastika, (historical accuracy ____ item here or not). Use common sense, and think: "What am I using this for?"

Now the real question is.

Would calling yourself Grand Wizard be banable since it's a KKK thing? :p

I find any images of Jesus, God, The Holy Spirit, or the cross no accurately depicted by those entities themselves to be highly offensive. Please remove from the game.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AlexandraTromp said:

Now the real question is.

Would calling yourself Grand Wizard be banable since it's a KKK thing? 😛

As soon as it is illegal in Alabama to be a member of the KKK, Sure why not.

3 hours ago, utilizator said:

The japs fought for genocide of the Chinese people and lost, yet their flag is still glorified, they are a fallen enemy but their flag is still being waved.

Okay for one, that's racist, and for two, Japan wasn't destroyed. The CSA is completely gone.

Ban the USA flag. The united states have committed numerous War Crimes during its short history.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Hurr Durr muh herituj

Is this one of them famous shitposts you been talkin' about?

Just now, RevoFire said:

Is this one of them famous shitposts you been talkin' about?

No. 

13 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

No. 

This is what a troll would say.

20 hours ago, -Rachel- said:

They fought for slavery, and they lost, their primary symbol doesn't need to be glorified. You don't wave a fallen enemy's flag, it makes no sense.

Wrong-o, friend-o.

It was never about the rights of Slaves.

Basically, the North didn't want the South taking slaves West.

http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/feature/causes-of-the-civil-war/

Also, Lincoln wanted to ship them back afterwards.

Ever hear of Liberia? Yeah, Robert E. Lee helped out paying for many of his "slaves" to get to that nation. You know, the nation of freed US Slaves?

Maybe you should know your history before spouting your rhetoric.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

Found the SJW.

Nice downvote without saying anything countering.

Does History offend you?

history and logic has been offensive to people for quite some time now

5b4490213ea9bedcd1aa75d272638d87.jpg

17 minutes ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

Found the SJW.

Nice downvote without saying anything countering.

Does History offend you?

I'm not an SJW, and I'm not offended--I simply disagree and see no reason to argue the point with you when it will get me nowhere. Also I didn't downvote you.

Edited by -Rachel-

31 minutes ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

Wrong-o, friend-o.

It was never about the rights of Slaves.

Basically, the North didn't want the South taking slaves West.

http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/feature/causes-of-the-civil-war/

Also, Lincoln wanted to ship them back afterwards.

Ever hear of Liberia? Yeah, Robert E. Lee helped out paying for many of his "slaves" to get to that nation. You know, the nation of freed US Slaves?

Maybe you should know your history before spouting your rhetoric.

So... you say it was never about the rights of Slaves... and then you say it was about taking slaves west. Which was in fact about slave rights. Why didn't we want slaves in the west or want them in the west as was the case with the south? Well it all has to do with this thing called the Senate. You can't pass a law if it can't pass the Senate and each state gets two reps in it... so as long as you have as many free states as you do slave states you maintain the status quo. As soon as you start having more free states than slave states you start having to worry about the slaves being freed.  Why did we want them free?  Because it wasn't moral according to abolitionists and they should have rights.  Thus it was about slave rights.

That is what the Civil War was about. The loss of political power that would ultimately result in the freeing of the slaves... so while the Civil War on its face wasn't about slavery, when you dig into the actual issues behind the issues it really was. People will go on about slave states in the west or States Rights etc... but what they always fail to mention is why those things were important in the first place to the north and south. The reason why was slavery.
Also... as to your PBS article... literally the third sentence says, "In fact, it was the economics of slavery and political control of that system that was central to the conflict."
Whether you or I or anyone else finds the confederate battle flag offensive is irrelevant. It matters if some large minority or majority of people find it that way with real historical reason. Now if the CSA still existed maybe you would have a point. But you have to look at the historical context for how it was used after the CSA ceased to exist. And that was largely as a symbol of defiance of the North and the freeing of the slaves and in support of things like separate but equal and Jim Crow laws. That is inherently racist regardless of what the CSA and the Civil War were about or stood for.

Further the information about Lincoln and Robert E. Lee is irrelevant to the discussion.  The private actions and thoughts of individuals on a national level are largely irrelevant to what happened on that national level.  Lincoln did believe that slavery was morally wrong.  He didn't know what to do about it.  He did suggest sending them to colonize Liberia.  Robert E Lee did take that to heart and send many there.  How is that relevant to the discussion at hand?  It isn't.

Edited by Cyraa
  • Like 1