Sign in to follow this  
Nitronik

Reduce carrying capacity of Low Yield Frag grenades to 2 (from 3)

Given the host of benefits these grenades have over regular frags, and the relatively high damage output, it doesn't really make sense - balancing wise - for players to be able to carry 3 of them.

Their throw arc and reduced timer make it much easier to nail targets than a regular Frag grenade - and on top of that you get 3 of them, with each grenade being capable of inflicting more than half your health damage!

Even with Flak Jacket's capacity reduction, their low weight would still make them a formidable option that in no way would feel underpowered

• Like 4

I agree, imo, the fact that they are lighter and you can throw them faster than frags is enough of an advantage in most situations. There's no need to give it 1 additional grenade.

Edited by swft

Would this also mean you'd be limited to a single grenade if you run Flak Jacket, or should they make it so you still get two low yields with flak jacket?

17 minutes ago, Nite said:

Would this also mean you'd be limited to a single grenade if you run Flak Jacket, or should they make it so you still get two low yields with flak jacket?

Unless they were to make a specific exception for flak jacket, one low yield only.

As I said in the OP:

Even with Flak Jacket's capacity reduction, their low weight (flight pattern and fuse too) would still make them a formidable option that in no way would feel underpowered

1 minute ago, Nitronik said:

Even with Flak Jacket's capacity reduction, their low weight (flight pattern and fuse too) would still make them a formidable option that in no way would feel underpowered

Maybe so, but with just one grenade I don't think the travel speed and 3s fuse is enough to make them the pick over Frags in that case, or even better, concs (and most of the veterans I've seen on Jericho actually take the time to master throwing the 4s fuse grenades to begin with).

I'd personally prefer a damage reduction - they're supposed to be lower explosive output, so make them do something like 60% of a frag's output (450 damage) instead of the current 75% or so.

I'd be all for lowering the count down to 2 if they removed the -1 grenade effect from Flak Jacket otherwise this change would hurt an already crutched green mod. I main Flak Jacket so naturally I use Yolos but I still agree that Yolos need some sort of small nerf. So yeah it looks like so far everyone in this thread is on the same page with that idea.

2 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

DoN't ToUcH mY lOw YieLdS

/s

thanks i hate it

(I can't add any more reactions)

RE Flak Jacket concerns, that's honestly more of a problem with FJ itself than low yields - that'd need a thread of its own...

I personally kinda agree on nerfing Low Yield Frags somehow, most likely in damage due to the previously mentioned lower explosive capacity.

I don't know if FJ was introduced first and then LYF's were introduced, or they were genuinely introduced together, but it seems like FJ sucks too much to make regular use out of and LYF's are just a bit too good. When they're used in conjunction with one another they certainly seem to, on paper, balance one another out. In practice, since nobody seems to use them together, something's gotta give.

• Thanks 1

i think loyos should keep their 3 count, it’s a decent mechanic imo

lower radius (4-5m) and a damage decrease (495) would bring loyos in-line with other grenades

are low yields broken? if so example if not why touch it?

Edit : down voted for saying to give a reason for or against changing the grenades other than just personal opinions?
Really makes you all look like nothing is wrong with these grenades and that you just need to "git gud" from that down vote

Edited by Fortune Runner
  • Like 1

Dropping it to two just does not make them worth it to pick up. I would agree that dropping the damage a bit would be far better, enough so that two nades cannot kill someone (Unless fragile). So 450-490.

Also I don't believe that yolos are broken in their current state and have noticed recently that the meta of nades shifted away from them a bit with frags/concs being seem more than previously.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 8:10 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Dropping it to two just does not make them worth it to pick up. I would agree that dropping the damage a bit would be far better, enough so that two nades cannot kill someone (Unless fragile). So 450-490.

Also I don't believe that yolos are broken in their current state and have noticed recently that the meta of nades shifted away from them a bit with frags/concs being seem more than previously.

all the conc users had left thats why lol, everyone left decided to spam low yields, hell i noticed returning players who only used concs went low yield and spammed em as much as possible.

On 8/31/2018 at 8:55 PM, Fortune Runner said:

are low yields broken? if so example if not why touch it?

Edit : down voted for saying to give a reason for or against changing the grenades other than just personal opinions?
Really makes you all look like nothing is wrong with these grenades and that you just need to "git gud" from that down vote

in the end a lot of balancing is just personal opinion tbh

that said, the downvote is probably because op gave pretty decent reasons why loyos should be nerfed

Just now, BXNNXD said:
in the end a lot of balancing is just personal opinion tbh

that said, the downvote is probably because op gave pretty decent reasons why loyos should be nerfed
Haven't seen anything suggesting its broken only personal opinions which is why I asked that specific question.
If its not broke don't fix it is a very well known saying. *shrugs*

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:
Haven't seen anything suggesting its broken only personal opinions which is why I asked that specific question.
If its not broke don't fix it is a very well known saying. *shrugs*

It's a fact that they fly further than standard frags
It's a fact that they don't arc as much as any other grenade (making the arc more predictable)
It's a fact that their fuse time is shorter, allowing you to cook a grenade quickerfor panic CQC moments
It's a fact that 2 of them are enough to kill you
It's a fact that you can carry 3 of them
  • Like 2

Just now, Nitronik said:

It's a fact that they fly further than standard frags
It's a fact that they don't arc as much as any other grenade (making the arc more predictable)
It's a fact that their fuse time is shorter, allowing you to cook a grenade quickerfor panic CQC moments
It's a fact that 2 of them are enough to kill you
It's a fact that you can carry 3 of them
that's nice.
Still doesn't look like it says that its broken though *shrugs*

6 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:
that's nice.
Still doesn't look like it says that its broken though *shrugs*
low yields are a straight upgrade to frags in player lethality, the only “downside” is less damage but given low yields are still a 2 grenade kill (and 3 low yields output more damage than 2 frags in less time), 200 less damage is negligible at best 

so when a one weapon has its own niche and bumps another weapon out of that weapons niche as well it’s generally considered unbalanced

it also takes several hundred hours to unlock low yields (id like to see them added to grenadier role progression instead), so at any given time a large percentage of the player base is at the disadvantage of not even having low yields as an option

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
low yields are a straight upgrade to frags in player lethality, the only “downside” is less damage but given low yields are still a 2 grenade kill (and 3 low yields output more damage than 2 frags in less time), 200 less damage is negligible at best 

so when a one weapon has its own niche and bumps another weapon out of that weapons niche as well it’s generally considered unbalanced

it also takes several hundred hours to unlock low yields (id like to see them added to grenadier role progression instead), so at any given time a large percentage of the player base is at the disadvantage of not even having low yields as an option

An ntec with mods is an upgrade earned from an ntec being used and to unlock the grenades you have to use them enough *shrugs*
It looks like the same thing to me , just an upgrade unlocked

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
An ntec with mods is an upgrade earned from an ntec being used and to unlock the grenades you have to use them enough *shrugs*
leaving aside the fact that low yields are unlocked though rank progression and not from using grenades, low yields were never intended to replace frags - that defeats the purpose of having multiple weapons

This game is somewhat heavy with higher ranks meaning you get gear that can make things easier, but at the same time, this game is also very skill based. It shouldn't matter what you use.
In my opinion, if low-yeilds were to get nerfed, it would have to be so that if it does hit you, it should be from 400-500, that way someone can still hit kill you with 2 but it would be more difficult to do so.

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:
leaving aside the fact that low yields are unlocked though rank progression and not from using grenades, low yields were never intended to replace frags - that defeats the purpose of having multiple weapons
Forgot about rank unlock on them thanks
Still though some guns are unlocked by different methods as well but its still an  unlock earned
I pretty much see any grenade being used regularly but that orange stun one the enforcers have which is why I just don't see it this way  like you guys do