iMiss

Small concerns regarding no client modification with Battle eye

1 hour ago, SilverCrow said:

Yeah. The way I see it, making manual config edits off limits through BE would require AL to be fully integrated into the APB ingame settings first which would most likely not happen until earliest the 3.5 update (speculating here). EDIT: BUT .. it still means it could be off limits in a not too distant future.

Locking the config is not going to happen.

See any unreal game. (e.g. fortnite / PUBG that both use BE)

People seem to think that these changes have way more effect on the game than they actually do.

Changing stuff in configs is a common thing, and changing stuff in games that run BE is also common.

See:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1302099699

https://esports.exposed/dauntless/best-dauntless-settings/

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/6157ua/guide_competitive_high_fps_settings_v3

People are blowing this specific part out of proportion if you ask me.

Shaders, that's a different talk.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Frosi said:

You should honestly consider making Shaders free to use until the engine upgrade is there. Right now simply removing the fog can give you 10-20 extra frames which is just ridiculous and aids as a band-aid for the games pretty bad performance until the engine upgrade is out.

Doesn't advanced launcher already allow you to mess around with the fog?

1 minute ago, Kerelith Sanctus said:

Doesn't advanced launcher already allow you to mess around with the fog?

Fog is located in the shaders, so no, not to that degree.

• Thanks 2

Best example I can give you:

POfWQLd.png

With fog.

F4EFmYM.png

Without fog.

ZKzkz6i.png

Edited by Tobii
Updated with better example.
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Tobii said:

Locking the config is not going to happen.

See any unreal game. (e.g. fortnite / PUBG that both use BE)

People seem to think that these changes have way more effect on the game than they actually do.

Changing stuff in configs is a common thing, and changing stuff in games that run BE is also common.

See:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1302099699

https://esports.exposed/dauntless/best-dauntless-settings/

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/6157ua/guide_competitive_high_fps_settings_v3

People are blowing this specific part out of proportion if you ask me.

Shaders, that's a different talk.

Hm yeah. Looking at those links, I see your point.

• Thanks 1

Good news though!

Shaders will not be a thing with 3.5.

The files are not there/compiled and shipped with the game.

So there's that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Just a note to say that we are working with the author of the Advanced Launcher. He has kindly made the code available, and we'll make sure there are no conflicts with BE.

It isn't our intention to take away the tool. We just wanted to make sure it didn't interact negatively with the anti-cheat.

Thanks,
Matt

Be sure to apologize for me to anyone that looks at code, sorry for the sloppiness. :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, USPStyle said:

Be sure to apologize for me to anyone that looks at code, sorry for the sloppiness. :classic_smile:

Lol. No worries. You’re help is much appreciated.

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

You guys can use the Advanced Launcher for now, and more than likely you will be able to continue using it after the next patch.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

I know work is being done to ensure there are no complications between BattleEye and the advanced launcher, but what about editing the files for a static crosshair? Those who have used Dreamss shaders before should know what I am referring too. I still have the files as well if anyone has been looking for them. 

36 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

You guys can use the Advanced Launcher for now, and more than likely you will be able to continue using it after the next patch.

Thanks,

Matt

fanatastic

is there any chance could get either the advanced launcher or the approval pinned somewhere, so it’s easier to find?

YES PLEASE implement the Advanced Launcher! ☺️

On 5/29/2018 at 10:33 AM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Just a note to say that we are working with the author of the Advanced Launcher. He has kindly made the code available, and we'll make sure there are no conflicts with BE.

It isn't our intention to take away the tool. We just wanted to make sure it didn't interact negatively with the anti-cheat.

Thanks,
Matt

Can you make a similar type of statement regarding other very popular edits that ain't done by the advanced launcher ?

Namely those,

- always-sprint config change

- no-mouse-acceleration config fix

- crouch button config change

- sound file removals

Often when watching people stream apb i've noticed that they removed certain sound files, music, death themes, some map sound emitters sometimes voice overs.. which provides a much better experience for the viewers as the background music isn't as much disturbed by some humming generator or the annoying joker ammo voice over or trolly people trying to grief the streamers with extra loud car music following em around. Ideally i guess it would be nice to have some in game options for all of that..

However for now if would be nice to know if any of those changes could be a problem with the implementation of BE, especially the first two on the list are pretty much must-haves id say.

On 5/29/2018 at 4:46 AM, BXNNXD said:

wheres the love for the always sprint edit and the push to crouch edit

#savetheshiftkeys 

Would like to see this too.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2018 at 9:10 PM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Matt

Been using the advanced launcher for a very long time, good news.

Turning off/on the ingame movie should be option that is in the game itself. Some other games have it.

My thoughts on instruments. I thinkremoving the instruments is too much of manipulation with game files. Instead letting ppl to remove instruments, it needs to be made so you can hear the death theme of every player in one mission 3x at max + MVP theme at the end of the mission. When you hear death theme too often, it indeed starts to be very annoying.