MrKindlyCat

Unbanned cheaters

On 5/29/2018 at 8:05 AM, Tsumori said:

I'm pretty sure that some ppl gonna hide under a new names or aren't even online on the first week.

100% confirmed

definately this, thats always what the not noob cheaters did, they never after such a new system or bigger update play on their real accounts, they try and test under alts. We have seen this in the past when suspicious good people strangely always were absent like 1-2 weeks whenever PB got some update. (which was rare but did happen). And honestly APB always felt entirely differently during these days. And that probably was the true APB experience we would had form a near cheater free environment. if BE can make such a thin happen, that would be great.

• Like 2

Also additionally on the topic of fraud VS cheating in-game. While, again, none is an approved behaviour at the slightest, there is a legal reason behind giving a chance to those banned for breaches like cheats, and those accused of card frauds. Gameplay violations are dealt with as a breach of ToS, and things like those in the future will be automatically dealt with by the BE in addition to other means and there is nothing to worry about. Card fraud is a CRIME, rather than a simple breach. Users guilty of it committed a criminal act that cannot be left to a certain company to decide on whether to pardon or not. 

It isn't about the company only protecting its interests. It means to honour the law by not allowing further criminal activities under its wing. There is also a difference in the mentality of those cheating and those committing a crime of this sort. Cheaters could have been influenced, reacting under pressure, being unfairly labelled as cheaters, etc. To commit a card fraud, for example, it takes awareness and intent, and it leaves a trail bigger than FairFight logs or GM decisions.

So, again, although to some of you it may sound wrong, or you may feel threatened by it, have faith. Something fair and proper is being done about it, and I am fairly sure that the results will be much different from those you might expect 🙂

@RunicDeath and well, this now means veterans will finally be able to show their skill they were unable to show due to all the breaches, no? 😉 

11 hours ago, RageKitty said:

since CEO Mathew scott, came out and said FF was offline. hackers have been on a rise on reroll accounts, and literally I can't even stand playing in district now. because we have to wait on a patch (which can be an empty promise just like G1 gave us)  for battle eye. which he said but didn't give a date. and he also said its 3/4ths done. 3/4ths done should have been done yesterday in all honesty. I went back to back with a group of cheaters, which im about to start recording video for. because this is stupid. that LO is trying to take up a non kids game and see if they can handle it. which quiet frankly they are doing. and pardon my French. to do anything about, so the reason im typing this dumb poll. is to get LO's attention and that they need to address this shit, and now. and I know the community is gonna say "wait for battle eye" like the trolls they are. but I want to play my game now and enjoy my experience not wait for a patch that has no due date for it to be put into game. and a possibility of a false word from a CEO who may be feeding us bullshoot. because I don't know about the rest of the community but I got promised stuff before, and it hasn't come through. so unless your title name is Digital extremes, I have no faith in you what so ever till proven wrong. 

anyway now that my ranting anger is out of the way. Little Orbit address the game you happen to jump head first into hell to get. and fix the damn game. cause this is stupid.

Whether I understand how frustrating it can be to not being able to enjoy the game because of cheaters, I must say you are taking the wrong approach here, cheaters have infected the game and have been on a rampage for years, and despite G1 efforts to tackle cheaters they were unable to properly address this.

LO is now working on a solution which requires a lot of testing before it is implemented, so they can make sure it works properly and prevent issues such as false positive. This takes time and it will be ready when it is ready.

4 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

No4 will happen:

4:the hackers will keep hacking and get banned by byttle eye immediately rerolling.

if they reroll and hack then ban but if they play legit then that is fine with me. battle eye is fairly quick with the banning of hackers.

I am not a fan of actual cheaters getting unbanned either, but the fact that I am getting back my account that I have spent around 2000 hours on, acquired some premium weapons through fair trading with some lovely people, purchased a bundle I liked, and to finally experience those *APB moments* yet again just give me an utterly unexpected, overwhelming bliss.

The unjustified suspension of my account had happened completely unexpectedly just the same, was shocking, random and ultimately simply outrageous, with no explanation as to why. I had to ask for some kind of reason behind my penalty multiple times, on two different accounts...

So when I noticed G1 was finally "out of the picture" and another company took over my heart skipped a beat. Was really hoping I could get a chance at getting my "life" in APB back, and it finally seems to come true!

Additionally, after reading a lot about the takeover, some news about future plans and watching the whole Q&A stream with Kempington and MattScott I am filled to the brim with HYPE.

Thank you!

@LittleOrbit, I am in ❤️. #faithrestored #loveatfirstfight #nohomo

My friends have had this same perspective when I told them about the current standing issues. But I'm sticking it out. I'll take breaks when I need to, but if you're gonna be salty about a game that's been spinning in the toilet for this long and expect that an open letter and a Q&A makes everything magically better I think you need a realty check.

If it's upsetting you that bad and you can't seem to find any enjoyment until BE is implemented then maybe it's time to take a break from the game for a little while. You will come back feeling refreshed by the time the cheaters are eradicated.

• Like 1

Your name is well fitting OP

Also is it that hard to wait a bit ? are you THAT addicted to APB ? , while LO is working on it you can do something else.

By now LO Kept his promises true and stayed honest and open to us , so give them a little bit of time while they actually try to fix a game that you seem to love .

oh and one last thing i wanted to say , Battle eye isn't going to magically erase the cheaters , but they going to be banned much faster than they were , just don't expect to not see cheaters when the updates rolls in .

Imo BattleEye with a properly configured FF will be one of a hell of combinaison , while battle eye will take care of script kiddies , FF will ban cheaters with actual good cheats by watching their statistical behavior .

8 hours ago, Saxtus said:

It's not about what is the worst thing, but what upcoming BattleEye is going to watch for.

I am sure that BattleEye's job is not to watch for credit card fraud or other illegal activities.

FairFight needs way more than 6 hours to ban someone.

It's asynchronous, so people won't be able to tie specific actions with their bans and try to circumvent them.

No idea what i did to trigger it then. I was pretty bad back in 2015 I recorded all of my gameplay too, my aim was god awful lmao.

13 hours ago, Lying said:

I got banned after afking in social for 6 hours, I restarted my game because my fps was locked @50. Rejoined social district and was met with a nice fairfight ban message. That was almost 3 years ago.

That's a shame, your account sounds familiar..I think I've seen you on jericho before.  

18 hours ago, Sayori said:

"- We will not be unbanning players that violated other parts of our terms and conditions. For instance, credit card fraud or other forms of illegal activities.""

Apparently, cheating is not the worst thing, it's ok you have tormented hundreds and thousand of other players. It's ok, have a free pass. The rest? Nah.

Yes. Becasue appart of other rules, a cheater damaging other players by those thousands of hours wont directly affect their income. Players would keep playing regardless cheating, as you can already see.

Their new rule sets are really bland towards it, and for me it means they are weak enough to not really fight back and finding excuses to get real. Thats why i am not boots licking LO and i have no much hopes about this issue getting fully solved.

Yeah, fairfight may not be fully RIGHT, but it only takes a wallhack to make a veteran impossible to defeat.

EDIT: wallhack? Just give me the godman radar fully exposing enemies around, thats all i would like to have if i would cheat in this game.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

On 5/29/2018 at 1:47 PM, RitualLobotomy said:

...Of course, there is always that group of people that were possibly involved in foul activities but as a Criminal Justice major, I have to tell you that there is one important saying. It is better to have a hundred guilty people go free, than to have one innocent unfairly locked up. It is pretty much how situation is around here regarding bans... 

...Besides, it is not on the guilty to prove they did not do it, but on those accusing them to prove they did it instead. It's basic law and one of the basic rights in a situation where ones name is taken in negative context such as hacking, cheating, dethreating, etc. Even false accusations or errors in the banning system are damaging the player's reputation even if they truly did not do it, and we are looking to avoid that from now on...

I like you.

Sadly, the backlash is going to be huge, though. Some people were name-called so much... I don't see these name-callers suddenly accepting their own lack of skill and the hurt on their ego - or understanding the Dunning-Kruger effect. Much more likely scenario is that they will just end up calling BE a bad anti-cheat system. Sorry for the pessimistic problem borrowing from the future, maybe it's different this time.

2 minutes ago, trismatic said:

I like you.

Sadly, the backlash is going to be huge, though. Some people were name-called so much... I don't see these name-callers suddenly accepting their own lack of skill and the hurt on their ego - or understanding the Dunning-Kruger effect. Much more likely scenario is that they will just end up calling BE a bad anti-cheat system. Sorry for the pessimistic problem borrowing from the future, maybe it's different this time.

it most likely won’t be different, but there will be just as many people who do realize that things are (hopefully) better, so it balances out

7 hours ago, PGAW67 said:

Whether I understand how frustrating it can be to not being able to enjoy the game because of cheaters, I must say you are taking the wrong approach here, cheaters have infected the game and have been on a rampage for years, and despite G1 efforts to tackle cheaters they were unable to properly address this.

LO is now working on a solution which requires a lot of testing before it is implemented, so they can make sure it works properly and prevent issues such as false positive. This takes time and it will be ready when it is ready.

Your reign of terror is over pgaw, stop acting it up.

7 hours ago, RitualLobotomy said:

Also additionally on the topic of fraud VS cheating in-game. While, again, none is an approved behaviour at the slightest, there is a legal reason behind giving a chance to those banned for breaches like cheats, and those accused of card frauds. Gameplay violations are dealt with as a breach of ToS, and things like those in the future will be automatically dealt with by the BE in addition to other means and there is nothing to worry about. Card fraud is a CRIME, rather than a simple breach. Users guilty of it committed a criminal act that cannot be left to a certain company to decide on whether to pardon or not. 

It isn't about the company only protecting its interests. It means to honour the law by not allowing further criminal activities under its wing. There is also a difference in the mentality of those cheating and those committing a crime of this sort. Cheaters could have been influenced, reacting under pressure, being unfairly labelled as cheaters, etc. To commit a card fraud, for example, it takes awareness and intent, and it leaves a trail bigger than FairFight logs or GM decisions.

So, again, although to some of you it may sound wrong, or you may feel threatened by it, have faith. Something fair and proper is being done about it, and I am fairly sure that the results will be much different from those you might expect 🙂

@RunicDeath and well, this now means veterans will finally be able to show their skill they were unable to show due to all the breaches, no? 😉 

God man, your logic is broken.

I can find infinite excuses to make like card frauds are okay, cheaters are not less okay than credit card frauds.

Oh man i cant take all this bs...

Edited by LuzExtinguido

While both crimes are treated differently due to Current legal code, I do feel that both Cheating in a game and credit card fraud are basically the same mentality. Both have to think out and plan the commit the act, and in their minds they fail to see that they are hurting anyone or they in someway feel justified in the act. Or that someone Made them do it.

I blame the parents. From now on all bans that want an appeal should have to have their parents make an Video essay on why they failed to parent their child correctly. 😉

15 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

I can find infinite excuses to make like card frauds are okay, cheaters are not less okay than credit card frauds.

Oh man i cant take all this bs...

It's not a matter of how you rationalize the 2 actions, it's a matter of the legality of the 2 actions. 

Punishable by law.  Not punishable by law.

You picking up what I'm putting down?

Topic has been closed.

Talking about bans is not allowed on the forums please go to our support regarding that. Thank you for understanding. 

• Thanks 1