MrKindlyCat

Unbanned cheaters

3 hours ago, Tsumori said:

aaaaaaaaaand people could finally show that there are not hacking )))

ye bro cant wait for u & paranoid to show real urself

I can't believe there are still people being mad about the massive unban.

Do you guys think ? Unbanning everyone is a new start, plus it will drag more players, plus will finally unban false banned players (which are much more than what people thought) and sadly unbanning cheaters, but there's no big problems in unbanning cheaters since a true anticheat is coming, it will make 50% of them never cheat again, the rest will get caught in the first weeks, so where's the problem ? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Takotak said:

I can't believe there are still people being mad about the massive unban.

Do you guys think ? Unbanning everyone is a new start, plus it will drag more players, plus will finally unban false banned players (which are much more than what people thought) and sadly unbanning cheaters, but there's no big problems in unbanning cheaters since a true anticheat is coming, it will make 50% of them never cheat again, the rest will get caught in the first weeks, so where's the problem ? 

For once I actually agree with you.

Edited by Exorie
  • Thanks 1

Here is what we currently know about the mass unbanning of previously penalised people. 

We are aware of the issues that FairFight made for many players, including issuing bans even for legitimate behaviour in some cases. We are also aware of the issue in communication between community and the previous GM team that resulted in many hasty decisions regarding penalising players. Of course, there is always that group of people that were possibly involved in foul activities but as a Criminal Justice major, I have to tell you that there is one important saying. It is better to have a hundred guilty people go free, than to have one innocent unfairly locked up. It is pretty much how situation is around here regarding bans. Everyone is given a benefit of the doubt that they were indeed unfairly banned.

There's also a major difference between bans issued because of supposed foul play in the game itself and doing major things like (as our CEO mentioned) card fraud. 

Proving or failing to prove that you did not cheat and were banned some years ago is hardly constructive and just presents an unnecessary inconvenience for both those accused of it (banned players), and those dealing with it (support through tickets). Besides, it is not on the guilty to prove they did not do it, but on those accusing them to prove they did it instead. It's basic law and one of the basic rights in a situation where ones name is taken in negative context such as hacking, cheating, dethreating, etc. Even false accusations or errors in the banning system are damaging the player's reputation even if they truly did not do it, and we are looking to avoid that from now on.

Lastly, there is a good reason why no fresh unbans will happen UNTIL the new anti-cheat system is established. Is there a risk some players truly guilty of foul play will be unbanned? Absolutely. When you previously have a highly dysfunctional banning system, you cannot expect to compensate to the unjustly accused without releasing a few "bad apples" as well. Did they learn their lesson? Maybe, maybe not. Regardless, those that did not, will quickly be sanctioned again much more effectively and quicker than before because of the sole nature of the BattlEye, not to mention new policies for GMs regarding the ways of dealing with such issues. It is not jeopardising the community or opening the flood gates to the massive chaos again. It is restoring this community to what it previously was, with new rules and new ways of dealing with things. That is what we all want in the end, isn't it?

Bottom line, yes! We are starting fresh and we mean FRESH. Pointing fingers towards previously "problematic" usernames under rather shaky accusation circumstances is completely opposite of productive and progressive. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, RitualLobotomy said:

Here is what we currently know about the mass unbanning of previously penalised people. 

We are aware of the issues that FairFight made for many players, including issuing bans even for legitimate behaviour in some cases. We are also aware of the issue in communication between community and the previous GM team that resulted in many hasty decisions regarding penalising players. Of course, there is always that group of people that were possibly involved in foul activities but as a Criminal Justice major, I have to tell you that there is one important saying. It is better to have a hundred guilty people go free, than to have one innocent unfairly locked up. It is pretty much how situation is around here regarding bans. Everyone is given a benefit of the doubt that they were indeed unfairly banned.

There's also a major difference between bans issued because of supposed foul play in the game itself and doing major things like (as our CEO mentioned) card fraud. 

Proving or failing to prove that you did not cheat and were banned some years ago is hardly constructive and just presents an unnecessary inconvenience for both those accused of it (banned players), and those dealing with it (support through tickets). Besides, it is not on the guilty to prove they did not do it, but on those accusing them to prove they did it instead. It's basic law and one of the basic rights in a situation where one's name is taken in negative context such as hacking, cheating, dethreating, etc. Even false accusations or errors in the banning system are damaging the player's reputation even if they truly did not do it, and we are looking to avoid that from now on.

Lastly, there is a good reason why no fresh unbans will happen UNTIL the new anti-cheat system is established. Is there a risk some players truly guilty of foul play will be unbanned? Absolutely. When you previously have a highly dysfunctional banning system, you cannot expect to compensate to the unjustly accused without releasing a few "bad apples" as well. Did they learn their lesson? Maybe, maybe not. Regardless, those that did not, will quickly be sanctioned again much more effectively and quicker than before because of the sole nature of the BattlEye, not to mention new policies for GMs regarding the ways of dealing with such issues. It is not jeopardising the community or opening the flood gates to the massive chaos again. It is restoring this community to what it previously was, with new rules and new ways of dealing with things. That is what we all want in the end, isn't it?

Bottom line, yes! We are starting fresh and we mean FRESH. Pointing fingers towards previously "problematic" usernames under rather shaky accusation circumstances is completely opposite of productive and progressive. 

Well said, starting fresh because it's all about the phresh in the end.

1 hour ago, hack said:

ye bro cant wait for u & paranoid to show real urself

Nothing will change, @least on my side ))

I think it's really stupid to unban cheaters that have publicly admitted to cheating. It just sets a bad rep for the game and the management. It's pretty much giving everyone a free pass to cheat now and unjust to anyone that have been playing legit since the beginning. I am all for unbanning people that have not cheated but unbanning nearly everyone is just stupid in my opinion. Specially the once that have admitted to cheating in the past.

Edited by Nev
  • Like 1

Just now, Nev said:

I think it's really stupid to unban cheaters that have publicly admitted to cheating. It just sets a bad rep for the game and the management. It's pretty much giving everyone a free pass to cheat now and unjust to anyone that have been playing legit since the beginning. I am all for unbanning people that have not cheated but unbanning nearly everyone is just stupid in my opinion.

Again ignorant? Dude just read the comment above.

2 minutes ago, Tsumori said:

Again ignorant? Dude just read the comment above.

First of all I don't care for your opinion. If they cheated in the past they deserve the ban. They should not be given a 2nd chance to have all their progress back. If they want to play legit they can start again. The false bans were probably a small percentage anyways and doing a massive unban just gives the company a bad rep. If they are still going to go ahead with this massive unban the least they could do is avoid unbanning the people that have publicly admitted to cheating in the past.

14 minutes ago, Nev said:

I think it's really stupid to unban cheaters that have publicly admitted to cheating. It just sets a bad rep for the game and the management. It's pretty much giving everyone a free pass to cheat now and unjust to anyone that have been playing legit since the beginning. I am all for unbanning people that have not cheated but unbanning nearly everyone is just stupid in my opinion.

Alright, fair enough. 

It may sound counter-intuitive to do so for many reasons but do tell me, regarding publicly admitted cheats as well. How many of those would you know for sure are legitimate, and how many of those are done for the sake of attention? Yes, believe it or not, albeit negative, attention is attention and it is a fair assumption a certain amount of players just thought it was an amusing thing to do. Now, take into consideration the surroundings those players were in. When you go against a foul player(s) for days, weeks, months, what choice do you legitimately have? Some choose to report and complain, some choose to foul play themselves.

Now, don't get me wrong I do  NOT justify this sort of behaviour, but the environment it came to exist in was already damaged enough to participate in spreading the issue even more. Cheats and hacks for APB are available on the internet. They are among the most popular ones. Why? Because no matter how much of a fair player you are, soon enough you will get sick and tired of getting punished by an unfair advantage so you will do one of two things; cheat yourself, or quit. Of which one of the options is temporarily good for you, and none are good for the community. 

And with all that in mind, our support is doing a lot of hard work as it is. Going through every single ban to make sure if it is legitimate or not would take so much time that they would never get it done. Have some faith in the way stuff has been dealt with and you will soon see the progress that was anticipated for so long. As I stated before, risk of unbanned players doing damage again is significantly mitigated just by BattlEye alone, while there will be other side means of protection present as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, RitualLobotomy said:

Alright, fair enough. 

It may sound counter-intuitive to do so for many reasons but do tell me, regarding publicly admitted cheats as well. How many of those would you know for sure are legitimate, and how many of those are done for the sake of attention? Yes, believe it or not, albeit negative, attention is attention and it is a fair assumption a certain amount of players just thought it was an amusing thing to do. Now, take into consideration the surroundings those players were in. When you go against a foul player(s) for days, weeks, months, what choice do you legitimately have? Some choose to report and complain, some choose to foul play themselves.

Now, don't get me wrong I do  NOT justify this sort of behaviour, but the environment it came to exist in was already damaged enough to participate in spreading the issue even more. Cheats and hacks for APB are available on the internet. They are among the most popular ones. Why? Because no matter how much of a fair player you are, soon enough you will get sick and tired of getting punished by an unfair advantage so you will do one of two things; cheat yourself, or quit. Of which one of the options is temporarily good for you, and none are good for the community. 

And with all that in mind, our support is doing a lot of hard work as it is. Going through every single ban to make sure if it is legitimate or not would take so much time that they would never get it done. Have some faith in the way stuff has been dealt with and you will soon see the progress that was anticipated for so long. As I stated before, risk of unbanned players doing damage again is significantly mitigated just by BattlEye alone, while there will be other side means of protection present as well.

This person gets it.

2Kcqgq5.pngREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Edited by Tobii
  • Like 2

Alright, fair enough. 

E x a c t l y.

Alright, fair enough. 

And you forgot to mention these who stayed and never cheated. 

The suffering they had through all these years,

They learned to play the hard way,

They adapted the truth and evolved, 

They came up with tactics,

They came up with plans,

They learned everything, 

While cheaters depended on their cheats and couldn't progress with them,

Veterans progressed and started to think out of the box.

We will always be here, 

Learning,

Adapting,

Evolving,

Right until the end of times.

• Like 1

I personally feel this is a bad idea but it's America. Sometimes justice works for you and sometimes it works against you. Let's just hope sooner or later, BattleEye + Firefight will get them banned permanently next time. 

8 hours ago, Archon said:

Too many false bans, too much corruption; bans for petty things... bans for a non-cheating related reason but put through FF and told a bogus reason for the ban... yes I hate to see cheaters back but a clean slate is the best idea. I cant believe the stories of unprofessionalism I've heard. You only got your ban seriously looked at if you were a 'known' player with old G1. A disgrace.

i agree with the false ban . i'm actualy ban i never appeard on FF , I was playing fightclub for like 1h stopped went back on the game 5h later and i was ban .  Asked the support for information they never gived me info only a copy/paste message telling i'm ban and i will never get unban 😄 gm abuse ? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IZILISE said:

i agree with the false ban . i'm actualy ban i never appeard on FF , I was playing fightclub for like 1h stopped went back on the game 5h later and i was ban .  Asked the support for information they never gived me info only a copy/paste message telling i'm ban and i will never get unban 😄 gm abuse ? 

true story

People like motorola SHOULD NEVER BE unbanned  UNDER anycase !

People from Solace , Carte Blanche etc!

Edited by Thelnformer

4 hours ago, RunicDeath said:

And you forgot to mention these who stayed and never cheated. 

The suffering they had through all these years,

They learned to play the hard way,

They adapted the truth and evolved, 

They came up with tactics,

They came up with plans,

They learned everything, 

While cheaters depended on their cheats and couldn't progress with them,

Veterans progressed and started to think out of the box.

We will always be here, 

Learning,

Adapting,

Evolving,

Right until the end of times.

I would strongly agree with your point if you wouldn't try to be poetic about it 😄

As far as this goes, the questions have been answered, right? I wouldn't doubt BattleEye (and a bit of FF) to not ban cheaters. It should be a safe bet. Fix up any of those treated unfairly and still, those who wish not to continue a fair path, get cherry-picked out ever so quickly. 

13 hours ago, dontbanmebr0 said:

Imagine the player's abrupt drop of skill after the patch xDDDD priceless

And if they don't get banned are you going to admit you're wrong or say that BattEye is flawed?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

And if they don't get banned are you going to admit you're wrong or say that BattEye is flawed?

if that happens and if im truly wrong that sure ill gladly admit it

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, dontbanmebr0 said:

if that happens and if im truly wrong that sure ill gladly admit it

Good attitude. I hope more people are like you. 

• Like 2

"- We will not be unbanning players that violated other parts of our terms and conditions. For instance, credit card fraud or other forms of illegal activities.""

Apparently, cheating is not the worst thing, it's ok you have tormented hundreds and thousand of other players. It's ok, have a free pass. The rest? Nah.

• Like 1

since CEO Mathew scott, came out and said FF was offline. hackers have been on a rise on reroll accounts, and literally I can't even stand playing in district now. because we have to wait on a patch (which can be an empty promise just like G1 gave us)  for battle eye. which he said but didn't give a date. and he also said its 3/4ths done. 3/4ths done should have been done yesterday in all honesty. I went back to back with a group of cheaters, which im about to start recording video for. because this is stupid. that LO is trying to take up a non kids game and see if they can handle it. which quiet frankly they are doing. and pardon my French. to do anything about, so the reason im typing this dumb poll. is to get LO's attention and that they need to address this shit, and now. and I know the community is gonna say "wait for battle eye" like the trolls they are. but I want to play my game now and enjoy my experience not wait for a patch that has no due date for it to be put into game. and a possibility of a false word from a CEO who may be feeding us bullshoot. because I don't know about the rest of the community but I got promised stuff before, and it hasn't come through. so unless your title name is Digital extremes, I have no faith in you what so ever till proven wrong. 

anyway now that my ranting anger is out of the way. Little Orbit address the game you happen to jump head first into hell to get. and fix the damn game. cause this is stupid.

• Thanks 1