Beastie

Developer Playtest - Weapon Prototype A - Friday 31st August, 5pm GMT (Citadel)

22 minutes ago, Halelulia said:
13 hours ago, Keshi said:

No love for jericho 😢

It would not make any sense to do the test with bad players ...
Testing with lagers doesn't make any sense neither and there's no ping limit to join the test district

Suggestion : disable missions(players cant press K)because this missions makes no sense even have downside - max rank players which not lvl up anymore play on prototypes and districts with matchmaking on get even more empty.So no missions and u get money for every kill like in normal mission.Dat can be good

Edited by TheMessiah

isnt enough Obeya CR762 have low recoil, you want to make it the 'new sniper'

ps: about the recoil, should be interesting know if the broken recoil added into the weapons in 2015 patch make the TTK of the weapons of the same class equal or not

Edited by evilgamer23

23 minutes ago, evilgamer23 said:

ps: about the recoil, should be interesting know if the broken recoil added into the weapons in 2015 patch make the TTK of the weapons of the same class equal or not

obeya has always been pretty strong, realistically the extra 5m isn’t going to affect it that much 

I still don't understand why after implementing the Improved Rifling changes we're now seeing a range nerf to assault rifles? They're supposed to be mid-range weapons and yet we're taking their drop off range down from 50m, the exact mid-point in APB? At the same time as also buffing rifle range, it just seems so unnecessary.

On 8/30/2018 at 11:58 PM, LO_Beastie said:

Assault Rifles in general have slightly lower range (apart from the Misery, ISSR, NTEC7, NTEC5-Scope and the LCR)

I am slightly worried about the Atac now. But I don't have any room on my SSD to check it out 😅

6 minutes ago, Landsfaderen said:
I am slightly worried about the Atac now. But I don't have any room on my SSD to check it out 😅
You can test these weapon changes on the Live servers, you don't need OTW anymore. Just join a weapon prototype district

9 minutes ago, Kevkof said:
16 minutes ago, Landsfaderen said:
You can test these weapon changes on the Live servers, you don't need OTW anymore. Just join a weapon prototype district
Oh, I uninstalled APB to make room for Sea of Thieves, and AC: Origins. Time to get another SSD I guess 😄

1 minute ago, Landsfaderen said:
Oh, I uninstalled APB to make room for Sea of Thieves, and AC: Origins. Time to get another SSD I guess 😄
You can never have enough SSD/HDD space ... 12,75 TB and counting 😛

1 hour ago, Kevkof said:
You can never have enough SSD/HDD space ... 12,75 TB and counting 😛
Man, I have like 238 GB. There is a larger HDD in there somewhere, but I forgot to buy the correct cables for it... 6 years ago... 😬

On 8/31/2018 at 4:06 PM, Halelulia said:
On 8/31/2018 at 3:16 AM, Keshi said:

No love for jericho 😢

It would not make any sense to do the test with bad players ...
Soooo, you consider yourself being a good play? Been able to dodge every bullet and being a super professional player knowing everything?

Wow, i like your attitute..... not

A few notes from my recent round of testing (nothing to do with weapon balance Sorry it just doesn't interest me )

1. You can level up weapon roles outside of missions in these "weapon prototype Districts" That includes daily missions "get 5 kills" etc.
(also awards money for kills/arrests even assists)

2. You can still kill your own faction however these do NOT progress weapon roles/daily missions but will still give the "5 teamkills in under 5 mins and you get kicked" warning
(and it works i tested it)

3. Zero Spawn protection You can spam a stun launcher at the criminal spawn and arrest the second they spawn into the game (grenade's fuse timer is short) Which of course goes the same for getting kills
(yes i tested it too not proud of that) 

4. This district uses "Open Conflicts" matchmaking (as no 0 matchmaking) which also means Just Like Open Conflict Threat level is hidden and. Rating Level is hidden 
(good time to dress up in starter clothing)

Final Thoughts I like this district No need to lose cause their objective is "Run with a security truck" Now i just die over and over and over and sometimes get 1 kill then die over and over again.

Question: Is this Legal? Can you farm kills Ahem "Test" your weapons while progressing roles Or is this "Farming/Exploiting" ?

Response from staff would be nice.

@MattScott
@Lixil
@LO_Beastie

Edited by Zolerox

On 8/31/2018 at 2:44 PM, MattScott said:
 We are going to do a similar ‘Play with the Devs’ event on Jericho too.
MattScott  specify a specific date and time !
the test was conducted only on the server OWT . weapon balancing patches weren't in the official launcher . what prevents you to test weapons with a larger number of players on all servers ? Edited by Yood

15 minutes ago, Yood said:
On 8/31/2018 at 12:44 AM, MattScott said:
 We are going to do a similar ‘Play with the Devs’ event on Jericho too.
specify a specific date and time 
the day after never probably

1 hour ago, Yood said:

the test was conducted only on the server OWT . weapon balancing patches weren't in the official launcher

The weapons can be tested on the live servers in the Prototype Weapon districts, so they are in the official launcher, just not everywhere yet.

There's a few enforcers and criminals partnering up on the prototype districts to get arrests and team killing anyone else there who is legitimately trying to test weapons in the prototype districts.
If it's true that you can level up gun roles then they are exploiting the game.

On 8/31/2018 at 7:57 PM, BXNNXD said:
On 8/31/2018 at 7:33 PM, evilgamer23 said:

obeya has always been pretty strong, realistically the extra 5m isn’t going to affect it that much 
I think the extra 5M helps put it in it's proper place above ARs and carbines.

19 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

I think the extra 5M helps put it in it's proper place above ARs and carbines.

its always had a place imo

the gun is effective at almost every range with its high accuracy, relatively low ttk, and really forgiving dropoff - i really hesitate to say any kind of buff is a good idea

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
its always had a place imo

the gun is effective at almost every range with its high accuracy, relatively low ttk, and really forgiving dropoff - i really hesitate to say any kind of buff is a good idea

It's a bit OP, but I feel like they should balance the other weapons around the CR762 instead of the N-TEC.
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 6:12 AM, Lord Cashpoint said:

I still don't understand why after implementing the Improved Rifling changes we're now seeing a range nerf to assault rifles? They're supposed to be mid-range weapons and yet we're taking their drop off range down from 50m, the exact mid-point in APB? At the same time as also buffing rifle range, it just seems so unnecessary.

Thank the NTEC