Beastie

Developer Playtest - Weapon Prototype A - Friday 31st August, 5pm GMT (Citadel)

Hello everyone,

As you'll have noticed, we've placed the Weapon Prototype districts onto the live servers, allowing access to everyone with their live characters. These replace open conflict districts, and follow the same rules, with one additional caveat. To aid testing, we've also enabled PvP at all times for everyone, so you can shoot each other both on and off missions to help try out various weapons.

To aid testing, and help us get some hands on feedback, there will be Developers playing in Weapon Prototype A on Friday 31st at 5pm GMT. This is 6pm British Summertime, or 10am US West Coast. This will be in the Citadel (EU) world. Join in and ready up to have a chance to play with / against us.

The following weapons are different in the Prototype Districts:

Assault Rifles in general have slightly lower range (apart from the Misery, ISSR, NTEC7, NTEC5-Scope and the LCR)
NTEC has different stats.
Shotguns have different stats.
Rifles in general have slightly higher range (other than the OSCAR, VBR and the Joker Carbine)
OCA has different stats.

We'll go over exactly what's changed after the playtest.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

cant wait for all the "lol silver devs" posts

nice to see more community interaction on this tho

• Like 3

Testing district doesn't show threat, so that shouldn't be an issue

I need to get some testing in on shotguns because im truly scared they are going to be gutted like they were before the buff

yet another post that doesn't show up on the forum admin tracker... please fix this Q_Q

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

cant wait for all the "lol silver devs" posts

I think you spelled green wrong.

Mindless slaughter sounds like fun, although I hope they won't spam spawn points and kill you over and over again while you're trying to test stuff out when changing weapons.

Edited by Spherii

That times up with my Friday stream. You magnificent man. Should be fun.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kempington said:

That times up with my Friday stream. You magnificent man. Should be fun.

more favoritism :^)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LO_Beastie said:

Hello everyone,

As you'll have noticed, we've placed the Weapon Prototype districts onto the live servers, allowing access to everyone with their live characters. These replace open conflict districts, and follow the same rules, with one additional caveat. To aid testing, we've also enabled PvP at all times for everyone, so you can shoot each other both on and off missions to help try out various weapons.

To aid testing, and help us get some hands on feedback, there will be Developers playing in Weapon Prototype A on Friday 31st at 5pm GMT. This is 6pm British Summertime, or 10am US West Coast. This will be in the Citadel (EU) world. Join in and ready up to have a chance to play with / against us.

Assault Rifles in general have slightly lower range (apart from the Misery, ISSR, NTEC7, NTEC5-Scope and the LCR)
Rifles in general have slightly higher range (other than the OSCAR, VBR and the Joker Carbine)
OCA has different stats.

nerf shotguns harder

You see; I'd like to theorycraft; not feel-y craft. Can we please get some numbers?

EST time zone least loved. Im sure the lone US server has majority of the pop from there.

No love for jericho 😢

4 hours ago, LO_Beastie said:

OCA has different stats.

Looking forward to how this is going to work out. We've used this as a reference to get a feel for the changes while testing it out a bit and played some games with these weapons. It's too early to share a constructive opinion yet, though, we'll see after more extensive testing.

4 hours ago, killerskull said:

EST time zone least loved. Im sure the lone US server has majority of the pop from there.

3 hours ago, Keshi said:

No love for jericho 😢

All of the Citadel players had to deal with significant latency when they did testing on OTW, so we wanted to do something special for them. We are going to do a similar ‘Play with the Devs’ event on Jericho too.
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Clandestine said:

So S1-FA Frenzy will now be even more useless? Lol

+1
should've kept the frenzy as is

Edit:
let the butthurt silvers begin disliking this comment Edited by Ebola-Chan

7 hours ago, Snubnose said:

yet another post that doesn't show up on the forum admin tracker... please fix this Q_Q

you can do custom trackers and just add/remove people. the links are even shareable, you can always modify and save them again.
https://forums.gamersfirst.com/discover/15/
mine includes all mods and admins i encountered so far and is being "maintained". just remove them and save again. if you "favourite" a tracker, it shows up on the bar underneath the forum banner etc. Edited by neophobia

2 minutes ago, neophobia said:
you can do custom trackers and just add/remove people. the links are even shareable, you can always modify and save them again.
https://forums.gamersfirst.com/discover/15/
mine includes all mods and admins i encountered so far and is being "maintained". just remove them and save again. if you "favourite" a tracker, it shows up on the bar underneath the forum banner etc.
hey thats pretty good

6 hours ago, Keshi said:

No love for jericho 😢

I love jericho, i could join, so u dont feel too lonely :classic_blush:

4 hours ago, SandyBitch said:
I love jericho, i could join, so u dont feel too lonely :classic_blush:
2 is stronger than 1 😢

12 hours ago, Keshi said:

No love for jericho 😢

It would not make any sense to do the test with bad players ...