Sign in to follow this  
CookiePuss

Whisper / Kris missing 0.80 crouch modifier in test districts

Whisper has a model with a scope on it for a reason, bring the modifier back

37 minutes ago, Davess said:

Whisper has a model with a scope on it for a reason, bring the modifier back

i didnt realize a scope meant you got better crouch accuracy

and here ive been using my scoped guns to get better marksman accuracy all this time, silly me

22 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

and here ive been using my scoped guns to get better marksman accuracy all this time, silly me
Our life was a lie all along

Yeah at this point it's muscle memory to crouch at longer ranges, I'm gonna look not so smart if they remove it. Please reconsider.

Edited by Spherii
  • Like 1

this why we need detailed notes, imagine an huge change like this going unnoticed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nirva said:

this why we need detailed notes, imagine an huge change like this going unnoticed

or maybe it's "another bug" 🤔

Probably a bug fix, the SMG Silencer (Whisper's default red mod) was not supposed to give it better accuracy when crouching, at least that's not in the mod description.

Barrel Modification - A Suppressor helps reduce muzzle flare and dampens sound. Reduced muzzle velocity caused by the extra friction of the suppressor however makes the weapon slightly less effective when hitting hard targets such as vehicles.

1 minute ago, swft said:

Probably a bug fix, the SMG Silencer (Whisper's default red mod) was not supposed to give it better accuracy when crouching, at least that's not in the mod description.

Yeah but the Ogre description never listed the windup or the increased fire rate.
Hopefully LO does here what they did there, simply update the description.

9 minutes ago, swft said:

I think the higher accuracy (and 40m range) are due to the Whisper and Kris using different base stats, and not the mod. For example, the Silverado SD has the same mod, but doesn't have the Whisper's intrinsic benefits. Strangely enough however, it also equips Cooling Jacket and the red silencer at the same time. 

As for the change, it wouldn't make any sense to remove the crouch bonus from the Whisper and keep it on the PMG, especially if the entire OCA range is being nerfed as well. Though honestly the PMG needs much bigger nerfs than having its crouch accuracy decreased. The only excuse to keep it as it is right now is the state of shotguns, but aside from that the weapon has been blatantly overpowered for years. Edited by Lyfeld
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Lyfeld said:
I think the higher accuracy (and 40m range) are due to the Whisper and Kris using different base stats, and not the mod. For example, the Silverado SD has the same mod, but doesn't have the Whisper's intrinsic benefits. Strangely enough however, it also equips Cooling Jacket and the red silencer at the same time. 

As for the change, it wouldn't make any sense to remove the crouch bonus from the Whisper and keep it on the PMG, especially if the entire OCA range is being nerfed as well. Though honestly the PMG needs much bigger nerfs than having its crouch accuracy decreased. The only excuse to keep it as it is right now is the state of shotguns, but aside from that the weapon has been blatantly overpowered for years.
Great point; whisper has always had the 50m range, if it loses this modifier the PMG should also. And why be snarky @BXNNXD, your not adding anything to the discussion by mocking my post  Edited by Davess
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Davess said:
Great point; whisper has always had the 50m range. And why be snarky @BXNNXD, your not adding anything to the discussion by mocking my post 
its my way of pointing out that your reason for bringing back the modifier sucks without actually saying it sucks

so much for that

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:
its my way of pointing out that your reason for bringing back the modifier sucks without actually saying it sucks

so much for that
7000 posts and you still find a way to make the forums unwelcome for other users 

1 minute ago, Davess said:
7000 posts and you still find a way to make the forums unwelcome for other users 
if someone disagreeing with you makes you feel unwelcome maybe the internet isnt for you
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Keshi said:
8 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

Our life was a lie all along
The cake is a lie , yours sounds like a joke played on you and mine is a potato spud....needs butter

Why not just add the crouch modifier to the standard OCA 626?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lyfeld said:

As for the change, it wouldn't make any sense to remove the crouch bonus from the Whisper and keep it on the PMG, especially if the entire OCA range is being nerfed as well. Though honestly the PMG needs much bigger nerfs than having its crouch accuracy decreased. The only excuse to keep it as it is right now is the state of shotguns, but aside from that the weapon has been blatantly overpowered for years.
Bingo!

I posted about keeping the crouch modifier in the same thread where I brought these to light - I have a feeling people don't quite agree with that (as much as I'd like to see the crouch mod on the whole OCA series).

Funny to see how many of the users going "uh no" are now campaigning for the same change... :,)
 As I said before - I really hope the crouch mod gets standardized across all OCA variants, but the extra range on the Whisper series (not even OCA-SD) had to go Edited by Nitronik

7 hours ago, Nitronik said:
Bingo!

I posted about keeping the crouch modifier in the same thread where I brought these to light - I have a feeling people don't quite agree with that (as much as I'd like to see the crouch mod on the whole OCA series).

Funny to see how many of the users going "uh no" are now campaigning for the same change... :,)
 As I said before - I really hope the crouch mod gets standardized across all OCA variants, but the extra range on the Whisper series (not even OCA-SD) had to go
No.

you @LO_Beastie for real, what's up with the Whisper / Kris crouch modifier in the test districts ?

There has been no word of this change, whats going on?

they said they'd post detailed stats, chill homie

Sniper silencer also sets max range to 85M. Bullets disappear mid flight. I blame G1's spaghetti.

Sign in to follow this