Sign in to follow this  
hack

Weapon balancing and such

13 minutes ago, 悲しい春 said:
14 minutes ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

I can confirm that the community can influence decisions, they actually looked into making cooling jacket 3 work on burst rifles X)
Very risky change that can break the meta guns (OBIR, OSCAR) and make them very strong. Didn't test it yet as it's broken on live.
hey it makes NHVR very strong and is the goto mod on it with no drawback so I don't see why it couldn't be used on BIR and OSCAR for the same reason.

56 minutes ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

I can confirm that the community can influence decisions, they actually looked into making cooling jacket 3 work on burst rifles after I asked for it X)
And they seem to have read what I had to say as well, because the Whisper's 50m range and crouch multiplier are gone

3 hours ago, Keshi said:

changes are fine. You just have been playing the same meta since 2012 and were too used to it

You are talking out of your patootie.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

Hell no, the changes have their issues but overall they're going in the right direction.
Also the PvP testing district is delishious, I haven't had fun like that in a while.

I like the open PVP aswell... it's just like the chaos district back then... jump right into action. I'd actually prefer if they'd use the chaos district for this... it had some bases set up and also you were able to actually earn money... right now you'd have to do missions for that which is kinda dumb though because of the open PVP.

the shotgun changes need to be reverted IMO, other than that they've done a good job with APB so far... friendlist fixed, battleye, buffed numerous underpowered weapons, fixed the yukon and made it so the HVR can't just jump around and hipfire with full damage, which is nice (still there should be other ways to tackle the HVR problem... for example make the crosshair a lot wider and slower, or reduce damage to 750).

most of the things LO did to APB were nice so far... just because they fucked up on the shotgun part (which they said they're sorry that they rushed it btw), doesn't mean they're overall bad.
they've done and will be doing so much more than RP did for APB in the past 3-4 years, be happy APB is still alive and even getting patches now, you can endure a mistake... you endured years of RP's bullshoot, so deal with it. Edited by Snubnose

14 hours ago, Rikard86 said:
Preventing cheaters from just dropping ten bucks on a cheat site to ride the the SHAWcopter already cuts off 95% of script kiddies, you can call it uneffective all you want but it's a huge step in the right direction.

Why are you rephrasing what I said? But anyway, battleye is not the reason there are no shawcopters anymore.  Edited by Tech-San

6 minutes ago, Tech-San said:

Why are you rephrasing what I said?

thats all we really do around here tbh

6 minutes ago, Tech-San said:

But anyway, battleye is not the reason there are no shawcopters anymore. 

oh?

15 hours ago, hack said:

Revert all of the "Weapon balancing" you guys did and are about to do.
You, Little orbit, An indie game company, buy a shooter game with 0 idea or experience at shooter games decide that the first problem you have to tackle is changing weapons and mods in this game.

LO didn't just replace G1, they've obtained it. Some of the people working on the game at this time are the same people who have been working on it before LO.
As for open pvp districts- you don't have to play on them. They didn't replace mission districts, nor FC's.
Weapon balance surely shouldn't be priority over some of the other issues, but these changes can be quickly and easily implemented and tweaked, so why not?
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this