Sign in to follow this  
hack

Weapon balancing and such

Revert all of the "Weapon balancing" you guys did and are about to do.
You, Little orbit, An indie game company, buy a shooter game with 0 idea or experience at shooter games decide that the first problem you have to tackle is changing weapons and mods in this game.
Since your purchase of the game, you only ruined the game to a state where it is unplayable, adding a Battleye version that does nothing but stops you from injecting basic cheats and a person with a little bit of knowledge knows how to bypass it. Changing to "Your own game hardware" and "Improving" netcode which results in 0 hitreg and laggy servers, Ignoring support tickets about blatant cheaters for 3 months straight and far more.

Then you guys think its a good idea to add testing districts with constant PvP, It is beyond me how you can even think about something like that.

Please do not touch the guns and the mods if you have no experience in balancing shooter games, cause all you did is completely destroy the game 

Revert all the mod and weapon changes(Improved Rifling and CJ3 on burst weapons) because basing your nerfs on 1 streamer that has 0 idea about this game nor any experience is an idiotic move.

Edited by hack
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I agree with the weapon balance part except that some guns were broken like Yukon and such, though, Yukon is a little underpowered atm. 
Just revert and focus on more important stuff ^

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tech-San said:

I agree with the weapon balance part except that some guns were broken like Yukon and such, though, Yukon is a little underpowered atm. 

agree on bug fixes

8 minutes ago, hack said:
10 minutes ago, Tech-San said:

agree on bug fixes
and ye battleeye is pretty shittly implemented atm, any kid with some basic coding skills can create an undetected cheat that BE wouldn't be able to even notice...it only works when many people use the same thing. 
Though, it's still the best we've ever got on this game, it keeps most cheaters away but it doesn't seem to work that good on private cheats specially triggerbots and macros... Edited by Tech-San

22 minutes ago, Tech-San said:
and ye battleeye is pretty shittly implemented atm, any kid with some basic coding skills can create an undetected cheat that BE wouldn't be able to even notice...it only works when many people use the same thing. 
Though, it's still the best we've ever got on this game, it keeps most cheaters away but it doesn't seem to work that good on private cheats specially triggerbots and macros...
Preventing cheaters from just dropping ten bucks on a cheat site to ride the the SHAWcopter already cuts off 95% of script kiddies, you can call it uneffective all you want but it's a huge step in the right direction.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Rikard86 said:
Preventing cheaters from just dropping ten bucks on a cheat site to ride the the SHAWcopter already cuts off 95% of script kiddies, you can call it uneffective all you want but it's a huge step in the right direction.

Open the apb section on twitch and take a look at a numerous part of triggerbotters just streaming themselves cheating.

Hell no, the changes have their issues but overall they're going in the right direction.
Also the PvP testing district is delishious, I haven't had fun like that in a while.

Edited by TheHidden-Tember
district
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

Hell no, the changes have their issues but overall they're going in the right direction.
Also the PvP testing district is delishious, I haven't had fun like that in a while.

silver opinion from a silver person

8 minutes ago, hack said:
13 minutes ago, Rikard86 said:

Open the apb section on twitch and take a look at a numerous part of triggerbotters just streaming themselves cheating.
A step in the right direction does not mean our job is done and perfect.
Right now they've taken care of the aimbot + wallhack combo which is the most disruptive of the bunch, there's still work to be done of course but it's far from being shittily implemented. Edited by Rikard86

Just now, hack said:
4 minutes ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

silver opinion from a silver person
Call me when you start your competitive e-sports team.

I play this game to have FUN, and the changes caused by little orbit might make some aspects of the game shit sometimes but really experimenting everything again feels great 🙂
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rikard86 said:
Right now they've taken care of the aimbot + wallhack combo which is the most disruptive of the bunch, there's still work to be done of course but it's far from being shittily implemented.
No, It means that you should reply or review 3 support tickets of 3 different people blatantly cheating on stream and not ignore them for 3 months.

1 minute ago, hack said:
6 minutes ago, Rikard86 said:
Right now they've taken care of the aimbot + wallhack combo which is the most disruptive of the bunch, there's still work to be done of course but it's far from being shittily implemented.
No, It means that you should reply or review 3 support tickets of 3 different people blatantly cheating on stream and not ignore them for 3 months.
Are we talking about the same thing? Because I'm talking about automated cheat prevention, while you seem to have a bone to pick with the way support handles things instead.

changes are fine. You just have been playing the same meta since 2012 and were too used to it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Keshi said:

changes are fine. You just have been playing the same meta since 2012 and were too used to it

So you think the Improved Rifling nerf is a good thing? Destroying OBIR and Obeya as counter guns to a HVR sitting at 99 meters from you must be a good meta change! 🙂

4 minutes ago, hack said:
So you think the Improved Rifling nerf is a good thing? Destroying OBIR and Obeya as counter guns to a HVR sitting at 99 meters from you must be a good meta change! 🙂
I think the improved rifling nerf destroys most guns that aren't NTEC.
However they have ALSO announced that they'd be buffing the default range on OBIR and Oeya to compensate for the lack of improved rifling, if you actually paid attention.
The balance changes may be bad individually but they are super coherent, way better than anything G1 ever did.
Also try the test servers today and put a cooling jacket 3 on your OBIR and try telling me that they're destroying OBIR again. Edited by TheHidden-Tember

2 minutes ago, TheHidden-Tember said:
However they have ALSO announced that they'd be buffing the default range on OBIR and Oeya to compensate for the lack of improved rifling, if you actually paid attention.
The balance changes may be bad individually but they are super coherent, way better than anything G1 ever did.
Also try the test servers today and put a cooling jacket 3 on your OBIR and try telling me that they're destroying OBIR again.
Yeah try putting CJ 3 on an OBIR with the current servers and ghost shot every 3rd burst, Thats cool right? 

8 minutes ago, TheHidden-Tember said:
Also try the test servers today and put a cooling jacket 3 on your OBIR and try telling me that they're destroying OBIR again.
g1 if not for some super op stuff on the market to get some easy cash in , was fine, way better than the things that  little orbit showed us 

7 minutes ago, hack said:
10 minutes ago, TheHidden-Tember said:
Yeah try putting CJ 3 on an OBIR with the current servers and ghost shot every 3rd burst, Thats cool right? 
you must be fun at parties

38 minutes ago, hack said:
It's good to me. I never used IR3 on obir and obeya EVER... CJ3 does all it needs to do.(And always did for me, for years)
Only thing i used IR3 on was the carbine, jg(or tasz20 stock) and ntec.
With the current IR3 nerf i am forced to no longer use a carbine as a semi auto ntec because with IR3 u can do some good damage from mid/long range. So now the carbine is back to being a mid/close range rifle now
Ntec...well doesnt matter how the nerf is, the ntec will be great with or without it
Shotguns, well ye take out the IR3 and use something else. Still will get the job done. Edited by Keshi

You do realize the weapon balancing is being done by a old member of the team, right? They brought back many of the old staff.
Yes, questionable balancing decisions made by Beastie, but the community can influence the decisions hopefully in a positive way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 悲しい春 said:

hopefully in a positive way.

🙂 

1 minute ago, 悲しい春 said:

You do realize the weapon balancing is being done by a old member of the team, right? They brought back many of the old staff.
Yes, questionable balancing decisions made by Beastie, but the community can influence the decisions hopefully in a positive way.

I can confirm that the community can influence decisions, they actually looked into making cooling jacket 3 work on burst rifles after I asked for it X) Edited by TheHidden-Tember

Just now, TheHidden-Tember said:

I can confirm that the community can influence decisions, they actually looked into making cooling jacket 3 work on burst rifles X)
Don't forget that it's the community that got them to put the prototypes on live server. Several people asked for it because OTW was always a ghost town when they wanted to test

Just now, TheHidden-Tember said:

I can confirm that the community can influence decisions, they actually looked into making cooling jacket 3 work on burst rifles X)
Very risky change that can break the meta guns (OBIR, OSCAR) and make them very strong. Didn't test it yet as it's broken on live.

Sign in to follow this