TheMessiah

[PC] Patch 1.19.6 (1011)

fei0Z6o.jpg
Hello everyone,

We are having a patch on Thursday 8/30/2018.
Maintenance will start at 9 AM UTC and will last for 6 hours.

This patch will include the following changes:
·         We've replaced Open Conflict districts with Weapon Prototype districts. These are special districts where weapons behave differently, allowing you to try out possible future weapon changes before they take effect in the regular districts. There are two districts, Prototype A and Prototype B, each with their own different set of weapon changes. Weapon prototype districts require you to have a character with at least rank 50 to enter them. All players are PVP unlocked at all times to help facilitate the testing of these balance changes. Please try your favorite weapons in both to see how they compare and let us know your feedback on the forums!
·         Adding 'Beard Hunter' and 'Beard Master' titles. These titles are for the players who participated in the Faceoff event. The titles will be sent to the appropriate characters in the days following the patch.
·         Corrected a hitbox issue while preforming a Sabotage action.

Thanks all,
Selali

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

RIP Open Conflict.

Was DOA anyway.
  • Like 1

MY OPEN CONFLICT NOOOOOOO :'''''''''''''''''(

I actually like this changes.Still is some movement in this dead game.Looks like LO knows how to dodge bullets
JV30aOo.gif
👍

HOLY HELL this ruleset is amzing. Please make open conflict work that way when the testing is over.

Playing missions where everyone can be an ally or an enemy is SIMPLY AMAZING

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

HOLY HELL this ruleset is amzing. Please make open conflict work that way when the testing is over.

Until you get sniped by literally everyone every time you spawn.

2 minutes ago, Kiida said:
19 minutes ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

Yes well it is QUITE EXPLOITABLE.
It can remain there just as a terrain for huge clan events and stuff.
Also they actually limited entrence to this new "open conflict" to rank 50s and above, why hasn't that been done before X)

The one thing I don't like seeing in opn conflict is new players who have no idea what they're doing there and will never be seen again.

17 minutes ago, Kiida said:
33 minutes ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

I remember that happening in DC Universe Online, you just pointed it out in factional chat and people would jump in and help.

don't see it happening in APB tho.

Eh it started today. Eventually people will get bored of teamkilling each other in spawn and switch to exploiting the new system for large group missions 😛

And no shotgun fix yet, wtf? And more prototype areas, to ruin more weapons, no thanx.

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

We've replaced Open Conflict districts with Weapon Prototype districts. These are special districts where weapons behave differently, allowing you to try out possible future weapon changes before 

And they say that LO doesn't listen to the community.
Just now, UrsulaRex said:

And no shotgun fix yet, wtf? And more prototype areas, to ruin more weapons, no thanx.

the shotgun fixes were on OTW for almost 2weeks now. But people suggested putting the prototypes on live server to get more data from players that don't want to use OTW.
  • Thanks 1

Cmon LO, many people dont care about OTW or what ever its call. Nobody ask about hells shotgun buff. Please made a litle hot fix to return it to they normal state. Cose it cancer. And then continue your top secret development research.

• Like 1

I had some friends who weren't trying out new stuff mainly because of the download of OTW (they have slower internet). This is a great use of a pretty dead server. Thumbs up LO. 

• Like 1

CJ and IR do NOT use OTW stats - they're still the same stats as live

Balance changes here :

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/3600-otw-817-balance-changes/

Misc notes :

Test A OCA should be 0.66ttk
Test B OCA should be 0.68ttk

Compared to live's 0.64 and the pre-2015 buff 0.7

Edited by Nitronik

So the main shotguns (JG/CSG) are quite underwhelming now, even before the balance changes. NTEC changes are just wrong, HVR changes are horrible and don't tackle the main issue. OCA changes and the added range to AR and Rifles is a nice addition that kills the use of IR3 on them. I wanna say IR changes are a nice addition, but I don't know. BIg changes take time to get accustomed to. They seem rather positive.

1 hour ago, UrsulaRex said:

Cmon LO, many people dont care about OTW or what ever its call. Nobody ask about hells shotgun buff. Please made a litle hot fix to return it to they normal state. Cose it cancer. And then continue your top secret development research.

my eyes

Absolutely LOVE IT. This is what I imagine, when I say Open conflict. I dont care that its just some test districts, this is how it should look like. PVP on all the time, missions enable. God I love doing missions in such a chaos.
Keep it this way and I ll give you all my money.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Like 3

Wake me up when they change the rule sets on the district so all weapons that aren't being tested are disabled. I think I died more to Low yields, HVR's and Ogre's than any gun that is actually undergoing changes.

• Like 2

test districts are pretty dumb honestly, its just people plinking away at each other from around the park borders

and just enough people are in the test districts to make the regular districts just as unplayable, at least on jericho

6 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

test districts are pretty dumb honestly, its just people plinking away at each other from around the park borders

and just enough people are in the test districts to make the regular districts just as unplayable, at least on jericho

I guess that's the best way to collect enough stats to further tweak the weapons

Spent the afternoon in the Testing Districts on Citadel, noticed that the only testing district with a decent enough population to actually play was only A. For the whole duration of my playing session, B was really low population.

IMHO since the objective here is to gather data from actual kills, A and B should cycle between each other daily for the whole duration of the test on Live so that players can play with both versions of the weapons extensively.
They should also have an incentive to equip weapons and mods that are actually under testing and actually play missions instead of just staying around the park shooting at each other with snipers.

Welp, finally can update and play then, since I've been to busy recently. Looking forward to this weekend.

15 hours ago, Keshi said:
And they say that LO doesn't listen to the community. the shotgun fixes were on OTW for almost 2weeks now. But people suggested putting the prototypes on live server to get more data from players that don't want to use OTW.
<off topic>Oh sweet man, love your new profile photo.</off topic>

YES....  It looks like they had somewhat of the same idea I had.   Use the game to gather data for test weapons....