Nerf N-HVR?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Should they nerf or buff the N-HVR?

12 minutes ago, BartMcRoy said:

And how would the game decide who keeps the HVR and who doesn't?

Say I want to advance my sniper role, but every time I'm called as backup, they give precedence to someone already using it on the mission.

I mean, granted I can just switch to a different sniper rifle, but what if I've invested mods and other things onto my HVR without a suitable backup?

The person who has it before, I guess. Or when a mission starts, and 2 people have HVR the person with higher sniper role keeps it.(logic behind it, higher sniper role, better performance with the gun?)
 Also include a bit in the tutorial, where you have to demonstrate that you have a brain, so you could get access to HVR type snipers. So no bronzes occupy the slot. Also to train roles, we have FC. Also have option to bounce designated sniper role around within a group, similar to group leader.

Edited by Luminesca

11 minutes ago, Luminesca said:

The person who has it before, I guess. Or when a mission starts, and 2 people have HVR the person with higher sniper role keeps it.(logic behind it, higher sniper role, better performance with the gun?)
 Also include a bit in the tutorial, where you have to demonstrate that you have a brain, so you could get access to HVR type snipers. So no bronzes occupy the slot. Also to train roles, we have FC. Also have option to bounce designated sniper role around within a group, similar to group leader.

I'm not gonna say that your idea is bad, but I can't help but disagree with the idea. Thank you however for expressing it in a somewhat more deliberate way.

While I myself am not a fan of quick-switching, or jump-sniping, and all the other memes associated with snipers in this game, I don't like to infringe on peoples right in this game to use whatever damn weapon they want to use.

Every time I'm in a group of friends, I usually take the sniper role, because to me, being the sniper means helping protect my friends in the front, taking most of the damage. My friend Ange1ofD4rkness would have a field-day with promoting the use of snipers.

At any moment, someone can just come up behind me and just put me down, because I'd be more focused on supporting my friends rather than worrying about my surroundings. At any moment the opposing team can just go after me together, and I wouldn't last a second (unless they were absolutely terrible or I got incredibly lucky - it happens).

In the Q&A stream with Kempington and CEO Matt Scott, Matt said something that rang true in my ears. It went along the lines of: "No weapon in the game is OP, but there is a stigma. You can give the "best" weapon in the game to the worst player, and the "worst" weapon in the game to the best player, and in the end, the best player would dominate."

It all comes down to how you learn to counter the players going against you.

Edited by BartMcRoy
typo

20 minutes ago, BartMcRoy said:

"No weapon in the game is OP, but there is a stigma. You can give the "best" weapon in the game to the worst player, and the "worst" weapon in the game to the best player, and in the end, the best player would dominate."

It all comes down to how you learn to counter the players going against you.

QFT

ITT:

Bad players whining about being bad

HVR is fine

consider improve

bX8mC6x.png

no toxic btw

(Also you can't balance the game around cheaters. Even G1 knew that @Thial)

• Like 2

Guys dont miss the point.

HVR s problem is not having a direct counter to it other than another HVR.

The argument of "git gud" is broken by the fact that no other gun can out ttk it frontally and flanking it is tough when paired with good team support and coordination (with you will find most of the time). So yeah basically is easy to kill a nhvr with an oca but quite hard to get in the correct range without wasting tons of time and effort on one guy while the others can kill you with other guns.

However.. the damage of the hvr is fine. Its problem is its ttk and accuracy in situations where it shouldn't. (Like jumping and moving around.)

Dont you find it silly that nearly all hvrs use cj3?. That breaks it too, so make it shoot slower. Snipers are for support, not for outfront kills. That way it can be countered by other long ranges like obeya and obir in a proper way.

Also most snipers in other games use sway too. Why not add to it? There, another way of nerf it.

15 minutes ago, Zealocke said:

False

[...] no other gun can out ttk it frontally

False

flanking it is tough when paired with good team support and coordination (with you will find most of the time).

False

So yeah basically is easy to kill a nhvr with an oca

True

but quite hard to get in the correct range without wasting tons of time and effort on one guy while the others can kill you with other guns.

False

However.. the damage of the hvr is fine.

True

Its problem is its ttk and accuracy in situations where it shouldn't. (Like jumping and moving around.)

False
Sidebar: Accuracy while jumping and moving are both horrendous. Anyone that hits you doing either of these is either extremely lucky, or inside of you.
(Or cheating, but again we can't balance the game around cheaters.)

Dont you find it silly that nearly all hvrs use cj3?. That breaks it too, so make it shoot slower.

No, and False.
Sidebar: The difference between 1.75s and 1.63s is minuscule. CJ3 is used on the HVR because it has no downsides. On a gun with a rate of fire that slow, the fire rate increase has more effect than any other gun, and the accuracy degradation is non existent, since the reticle will always return to center before the refire time. Both of the other red mods are useless. HB is actively a nerf since it has no benefit to the accuracy regen (again, refire time.), and IR, while being a direct buff (again, accuracy regen negative here has no effect in practice) is functionally useless as it's still a 2 shot at 100m, albeit with more alpha damage with IR.

Snipers are for support, not for outfront kills.

Ha.
False.

That way it can be countered by other long ranges like obeya and obir in a proper way.

It already can be.
I mentioned this earlier, but i'll do so again I guess.
Stop playing the same way and expecting different results.

If you can't come up with a way for any gun to counter any other gun you need to go relearn some basics.

Edited by Zoehh
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Zoehh said:

False

False

False

True

False

True

False
Sidebar: Accuracy while jumping and moving are both horrendous. Anyone that hits you doing either of these is either extremely lucky, or inside of you.
(Or cheating, but again we can't balance the game around cheaters.)

No, and False.
Sidebar: The difference between 1.75s and 1.63s is minuscule. CJ3 is used on the HVR because it has no downsides. On a gun with a rate of fire that slow, the fire rate increase has more effect than any other gun, and the accuracy degradation is non existent, since the reticle will always return to center before the refire time. Both of the other red mods are useless. HB is actively a nerf since it has no benefit to the accuracy regen (again, refire time.), and IR, while being a direct buff (again, accuracy regen negative here has no effect in practice) is functionally useless as it's still a 2 shot at 100m, albeit with more alpha damage with IR.

Ha.
False.

It already can be.
I mentioned this earlier, but i'll do so again I guess.
Stop playing the same way and expecting different results.

If you can't come up with a way for any gun to counter any other gun you need to go relearn some basics.

Dood. A couple of "false" wont make me change my mind.

Could you pls answer more throughly?

Just make secondary weapon unavailable with the hvr equipped?  It would make it more niche, encourage groups to use a variety of weapons to support said sniper user, and you'd still be able to run if you holster.

Edited by jnexkk
Elaboration
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zealocke said:

Dood. A couple of "false" wont make me change my mind.

Could you pls answer more throughly?

Aside from the ones I explained?
Sorry, I thought those were obvious.

MPCStzu.gif

Lets start from the top.

You can counter any gun with any other gun provided you have a basic understanding of the weapons in this game and how they work.

Matt Scott knows this and so should you.

[...] no other gun can out ttk it frontally

Almost every other gun in the game has a shorter TTK.
For reference, N-HVR 762 is 1.75s, or 1.63s with CJ3.

flanking it is tough when paired with good team support and coordination (with you will find most of the time).

You also have a team.
Consider this. Your objective is the objective. Not kills.
Tough, that one, I know.

but quite hard to get in the correct range without wasting tons of time and effort on one guy while the others can kill you with other guns.

Vehicles.

Snipers are for support, not for outfront kills.

Do I have to give this one a serious answer?
You can use anything in this game to do anything in this game.
I'm going to play snubnose pointman today, I don't give a toss, you can't stop me.

3 minutes ago, Zoehh said:

I'm going to play snubnose pointman today, I don't give a toss, you can't stop me.

This made my day. ^ Hell yeah Snubnose for glory.

addendum:

[...]\APBGame\Localization\INT\LoadingMovieTips.INT
LoadingMovieTips_GP_Teamwork_Message=Effective teamwork can defeat any weapon or challenging objective.

Edited by Zoehh
Even RTW and G1 knew better than this.

5 minutes ago, Zoehh said:

You also have a team.
Consider this. Your objective is the objective. Not kills.
Tough, that one, I know.

i dont want to get overly hypothetical but its common sense that the hvr will most likely be able to cover the objective, which forces you to deal with them before the actual mission - something i find to happen fairly often is killing the hvr and advancing on the objective only to have the same hvr respawn behind you

aside from that, saying "well just take your team and kill the hvr" only shows how much the hvr can affect a match, to the point where (similar to carspawners) they almost become an extra objective on their own

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

i dont want to get overly hypothetical but its common sense that the hvr will most likely be able to cover the objective, which forces you to deal with them before the actual mission - something i find to happen fairly often is killing the hvr and advancing on the objective only to have the same hvr respawn behind you

aside from that, saying "well just take your team and kill the hvr" only shows how much the hvr can affect a match, to the point where (similar to carspawners) they almost become an extra objective on their own

Try this, I find it hilarious.
Have a teammate get on the objective.
Pull out a mobile shield.
Stand between them and any threat.

this is a great solution

for any objective that forces your character to crouch

this actually was used against me in a game as well. Holding a mobile shield in front of the objective blocks enough hvr shots to allow you to finish.

No other weapon can outgun a nhvr directly? OPGL? Volcano? OSMAW? They completly rekt nhvr, they are even better versions of an nhvr since  most of them got 1k A.O.E. damage and can handle enemies BEHIND corners.

OPGL is the most destructive weapon in the game (against player, and decent against cars)... and no one ever says nothing about it.

Guys, spend more time in the game please.

EDIT: even dmr kills 2 shots incredibily fast -at range ofc-. When you notice you already been sniped by it, the second bullets just finish off when your brains reacts to move away.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

What if they bring another green mod? Sniper bulletproof: reduces sniper rifles damage by 20/30/40%- you are visible in enemys radar 20/25/30m, lvl 1/2/3 respectively and you stop crying about nhvr? Everything would be hold to modifications and balances.

On 5/30/2018 at 10:58 PM, Voerman said:

if you think HVR genuinely needs a buff, please put your head back under the rock you came out of and hope for a hitchhiker.

HVR needs a buff.

No bloom when not ADS, lower equip time, faster ROF, and a 50 round clip.

17 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

No other weapon can outgun a nhvr directly? OPGL? Volcano? OSMAW? They completly rekt nhvr, they are even better versions of an nhvr since  most of them got 1k A.O.E. damage and can handle enemies BEHIND corners.

OPGL is the most destructive weapon in the game (against player, and decent against cars)... and no one ever says nothing about it.

Guys, spend more time in the game please.

EDIT: even dmr kills 2 shots incredibily fast -at range ofc-. When you notice you already been sniped by it, the second bullets just finish off when your brains reacts to move away.

Both OPGL and OSMAW require tier 4 contacts. Volcano is a legendary obtained in joker boxes.

Dood, not every player is a R 255 with a job or has a rich dad to buy his or her stuff.

9 hours ago, Dexem said:

People think nerfing the damage will do something, m8 it won't.

The fundamental issue with the HVR is its damage.

It allows most weapons to finish off a target with a single additional hit over great distance. This wasn't such a great issue back when all weapons had a hard range limit and bullets would disappear beyond that, because it meant only snipers would truly be a threat beyond 90m. But now every weapon can prevent your health from regenerating all the way to 100m, so the excessive damage of the HVR is an even bigger issue.

Taking it down to 750 would help tremendously. It would mean most assault rifles need two hits to score a kill on an "HVR'd" target within their effective range and fast firing sidearms become less effective when combined with the HVR in CQC.

28 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

Any half-decent HVR user will indeed position themselves in a way that forces the opposing team to take them out first. And potentially second and third, because they'll most likely spawn close enough to their effective range to become a threat way before their remaining teammates have to put up a proper fight at the objective.

Edited by Revoluzzer

10 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

What if they bring another green mod? Sniper bulletproof: reduces sniper rifles damage by 20/30/40%- you are visible in enemys radar 20/25/30m, lvl 1/2/3 respectively and you stop crying about nhvr? Everything would be hold to modifications and balances.

oh.. you mean kevlar implants?

7 minutes ago, Zealocke said:

Both OPGL and OSMAW require tier 4 contacts. Volcano is a legendary obtained in joker boxes.

Dood, not every player is a R 255 with a job or has a rich dad to buy his or her stuff.

Joker tickets?

I am talking about weapons that can counter nhvr anyways, not about how hard they are to adquire.

4 minutes ago, Zealocke said:

oh.. you mean kevlar implants?

Kevlar implants slow you, this would only work for sniper rol as flak jacket works for explosives.

HVR is fine as is just remove the damn ability to quickswitch entirely.   ( as of now it literally takes longer to switch to a pistol to shoot than to equip and shoot the HVR )

That or, as G1 tried to do, make the bloom cooldown time when switching to the HVR even longer than it currently is.

Also, if youre going to ask a question as the poll topic, make sure you have the proper answers to thus said question.

Which do you prefer; Bread or Soup?

yES!

Just now, a Pair of Socks said:

Also, if youre going to ask a question as the poll topic, make sure you have the proper answers to thus said question.

Which do you prefer; Bread or Soup?

yES!

bread with soup! :3

3 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Joker tickets?

I am talking about weapons that can counter nhvr anyways, not about how hard they are to adquire.

Kevlar implants slow you, this would only work for sniper rol as flak jacket works for explosives.

Then why not change the penalty of kevlar implants.. That wouldnt be a bad idea

1 minute ago, Zealocke said:

bread with soup! :3

Then why not change the penalty of kevlar implants.. That wouldnt be a bad idea

Because it would turn omnipotent.