Nerf N-HVR?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Should they nerf or buff the N-HVR?

1 hour ago, Thial said:

You clearly haven't played against good quickswitchers / people with extraordinary aim if you are memeing on this. If you did you would understand what kind of a tool of destruction hvr is in the hands of top players.

I'm not sure why you constantly say things this. It's like me dropping a "well only career silvers are in support of a nerf"

You are adding no merit to the debate, at all, and aren't a remotely talented player yourself.

Stop the shitposting please.

Edited by Virgil

Nhvr with QS is bit too OP  .. especially in close range.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I'm not sure why you constantly say things this. It's like me dropping a "well only career silvers are in support of a nerf"

You are adding no merit to the debate, at all, and aren't a remotely talented player yourself.

Stop the shitposting please.

So now we are down to calling people shitposters because they want your op toy to be nerfed ? Get real. All your theories about countering hvr with obeya and obir are stories from a bronze district. Yes you might do that once or twice but most of the time skilled hvr players will literally shit on you. Did you forget that you can quickscope around corners, crouch spam and abuse other stuff like shields or qs ? And it's much easier for hvr to land a single shot and most likely kill you because you were tagged already than for you to land 5 obeya shots or 2/3 obir bursts. Additionally don't forget what kind of range hvr has. It's 2 shot at any range. Good luck countering that. Also remind me please what's your in game name if you are insulting me for not being "remotely talented player" ?

Edited by Thial
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Thial said:

So now we are down to calling people shitposters because they want your op toy to be nerfed ? Get real. All your theories about countering hvr with obeya and obir are stories from a bronze district. Yes you might do that once or twice but most of the time skilled hvr players will literally shit on you. Did you forget that you can quickscope around corners, crouch spam and abuse other stuff like shields or qs ? And it's much easier for hvr to land a single shot and most likely kill you because you were tagged already than for you to land 5 obeya shots or 2/3 obir bursts. Additionally don't forget what kind of range hvr has. It's 2 shot at any range. Good luck countering that. Also remind me please what's your in game name if you are insulting me for not being "remotely talented player" ?

"Stories from a bronze district." And yes, unfortunately for you, simply saying "if you disagree you must be silver" adds nothing to the discussion. I've never had trouble with HVR's, not even when we used to get 4v4 g9-g10 matches when they were at their strongest, against people who were actually cheating that later ended up being banned multiple times.

Its literally in my signature, and before that i was vvirgil for a long time.

i vote yes, but i am honestly clueless in how to make it work without being a complete waste of slot in my inventory. 

For me it deserves a nerf, here are my reasons:

- No sniper should compete at cqc in ANY game. Thats a given.

- Any reason to choose the DMR over the HVR? Thought so.

Still the nerf should be about ease of use and not damage in my opinion.

Edited by Zealocke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

"Stories from a bronze district." And yes, unfortunately for you, simply saying "if you disagree you must be silver" adds nothing to the discussion. I've never had trouble with HVR's, not even when we used to get 4v4 g9-g10 matches when they were at their strongest, against people who were actually cheating that later ended up being banned multiple times.

Its literally in my signature, and before that i was vvirgil for a long time.

You clearly were playing against silver snipers who are standing in the middle of the street if you "never had trouble with hvrs". Not everyone who is good with hvr cheats. Play against sting squad from wasp or any other good veterans / qsers and come back to the this thread after your crushing defeat. I'll be waiting.

9 minutes ago, Thial said:

You clearly were playing against silver snipers who are standing in the middle of the street if you "never had trouble with hvrs". Not everyone who is good with hvr cheats. Play against sting squad from wasp or any other good veterans / qsers and come back to the this thread after your crushing defeat. I'll be waiting.

"WASP" being good You have to be trolling, especially with you not knowing what my clan is.

You also didn't even read my post, i explicitly said confirmed cheaters, like from the g10 days, first PB wave, who were banned for cheating, applied for amnesty and publicly admitted to cheating, and then got banned again, and then i said we didn't have trouble with these CONFIRMED CHEATERS who were USING HVRs.

You still have yet to add a single ounce of something with merit to this thread, keep up the shitposts. I don't think theres a reason to keep replying to you.

Edited by Virgil

always nice to see every weapon balance thread devolve into brainless "whose better" shootouts

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

the second you mentioned WASP at all, i knew you were trolling. WASP was so far under the heel, they kicked our members alts out for cheating (originally a troll, but, ended up just shitstomping them for months afterwards), despite never having been banned since RTW.

I am a veteran, and if you don't know my clan tag, you're either a europebrain, or a newbie. I'll leave it at that.

You also didn't read my post in its entirety. I said confirmed cheaters, like the original banwave by punkbuster of people who later begged through the amnesty program for unbans, then got banned for cheating again. I also explicitly said, we didn't even have trouble against them, while they were confirmed to be cheating, and had confessed to doing so publicly, while they were using HVRs.

What's with your insults every post ? Did I hurt your feelings or something ? I really don't care about your past with wasp. All I said is, go play against some of the top players who will completely shit on you with hvrs and come tell me your stories about countering them with your obeya and obir, one shot with hvr and you are gone, they will just switch to fangs and you evaporate in an instant. All your theories clearly talk about silvers who are standing in the middle of the street so you can "counter them". No good player will even reveal themselves to you and if they will they will just crouch spam you out of cover, lean quickscope or simply qs. Also don't forget about ridiculous hvr jump shots and 2 shot at any range. I really wanna see your theories in practice how you "never had trouble with hvrs". Every single good streamer says the same thing how broken hvrs are in the hands of skilled players but you must be some sort of prodigy if you are better than all of them.

Some of you really going to pull clans into this debacle now too?

6 minutes ago, Chinook said:

Some of you really going to pull clans into this debacle now too?

only mentioned sting squad from wasp as a point of reference of what skill level I'm talking about. He tells me some sad story from his childhood and ridicules some of the best players in the game so how can I take him seriously ?

Can you two (Thial and Virgil) chill out. You two don't need to get a thread locked because you have different opinions. Post your ideas, state your reasoning, and understand the fact that people feel differently. Don't need to start bashing one another or clans. If you feel the person's reasoning for the hvr being nerfed or untouched isn't reasonable or backed with any sort of backbone then just ignore it. People are here down voting my posts because i think it should be nerfed. Its whatever.

Edited by RespectThis

if you think HVR genuinely needs a buff, please put your head back under the rock you came out of and hope for a hitchhiker.

Because the sniper can compete in cqc with smgs and Shotguns 

7 hours ago, YukitoYatogami said:

Why would you even want to nerf a sniper it's really stupid

i said the same, and they call me bronze for that, i really don't understand why they want nerf a sniper, no make sense, and now want want nerf crouch lol

The question asked if they should nerf or buff... So... how do you know which I was saying 'Yes' to? >:)

I hate damage fall-off and ramp-up mechanics.  That is a horrible way to balance guns over very short distances, which is what 100m is: a very short distance.

Without nerfing HVR damage, the only changes it could survive would be against its mag size and equip times.  I'd even go so far as to say the damage should be INCREASED  in a scenario where the HVR only has one bullet in the chamber and needs to be reloaded for each shot (animator please).  A change like this fully enhances the idea that the HVR is supposed to be a SUPPORT  weapon.

In a scenario where you want to keep the damage and mag size the same, hip fire accuracy needs to be 100% random, such as the classic Counter-Strike AWP where non-scoped shots could literally go 90 degrees from the barrel lol.

The benefit of my first suggestion is that the HVR isn't as oppressive and properly fulfills its role as a support weapon.  The second suggestion, probably more favorable but still more oppressive, addresses the reliability of quick-switching and hopefully gives players some breathing room that struggle against HVRs in CQC.

Anything done to the HVR needs to be considerate of the Scout.  Scout should not be changed, but you don't want to change the HVR in a way that makes it obsolete in comparison, such as a damage nerf to the HVR.  A raw damage nerf to the HVR is the absolute last thing that should be considered.

• Like 1

A good solution to the standing up and crouching very fast and shooting tactic would be to just add crouch/standing up inaccuracy. You wouldn't be able to use that tactic if your gun is inaccurate now would you?

Better yet add this feature to all weapons.

Just now, Abramusas said:

A good solution to the standing up and crouching very fast and shooting tactic would be to just add crouch/standing up inaccuracy. You wouldn't be able to use that tactic if your gun is inaccurate now would you?

Better yet add this feature to all weapons.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTC_lV0mP19YqRrSDTzXSg

this sounds oddly familiar

Nhvr need no changes the players need to learn skills to evade snipers why change something that works its the same like i say go nerf the yukon or csg shotguns it doesnt need to be weakened or improved

If they wana nerf the nhvr then they must nerf the ntec and yukon aswell seeing that we are on the nerfing topic

If they could limit it to one per team that's would remove any issue I have with the heavy hvr.

People think nerfing the damage will do something, m8 it won't.

In CS for example the AWP is very expensive so often there isn't more than one in play in the mid-game. Since you don't need to buy guns in APB limiting to one per team would sort of work the same way. And would eliminate sniper stacking which I personally find hardest to deal with.

1 hour ago, weza69u said:

Nhvr need no changes the players need to learn skills to evade snipers why change something that works its the same like i say go nerf the yukon or csg shotguns it doesnt need to be weakened or improved

you must be trolling

ok let me show you a video which my friend showed me. The player on the video was banned but let's forget about that for a second. Watch it just for what is possible with the hvr. Legit players most likely wouldn't jump so much but the quickswitching factor still remains. Also hvr is hitscan 850 damage up to 90 meters.

skip to 35 seconds:

Edited by Thial