Nerf N-HVR?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Should they nerf or buff the N-HVR?

6 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Because it would turn omnipotent.

like the HVR?! :classic_biggrin:

Personally i've seen numerous people destroying hvrs with 0 slot ntecs.Also the game is mainly flank based (at least in close range),you can easily take out a sniper from behind before they even have a chance to move(mainly in fight club).I think the ntec is more of a problem since it can take out any weapon at any range.

All your hypothetical talking is cute how you can kill hvr with this or that. In reality you won't have time to change weapons all the time and also every hvr player will position themselves in the most annoying spot possible and will crouch spam you which means that instead of doing the objective you have to fully focus on the hvr to do anything at all. You have only few minutes to finish a stage. By the time hvr wipes your entire squad and you and your teammates respawn and get on top of the camping spot and maybe finally kill the hvr and hopefully deal with the rest of his teammates you will most likely be out of time already and you will try to yolo the objective. Then the hvr will spawn right behind you in the middle of the street where he has a clear view on the objective and will camp some corner again 85ing anyone who gets remotely close to the objective. It's cute to say that you can cover the objective with shields and maybe cars but have you forgotten that the hvr also has teammates who will call an airstrike of concs and yolos on your position and blow up any cars used for cover. hvr is a real nuisance even if you take an hvr yourself to counter it, if you mess up and he lands the shot on you first, you will be out of combat for few seconds which gives him an opportunity to 85 tag the rest of your team resulting in a quick wipeout thanks to hvr's teammates. Currently hvr is way too easy to use for how powerful it is and additionally it's viable on every range which makes it truly a broken weapon. It's supposed to be a support rifle, meaning high risk high reward, currently there is no risk, only high reward.

Out of ignorancy, why everybody whines about the N-HVR to be nerfed when the weapon being used pretty much 90% of the times is the N-TEC?

Don't get me wrong, I do agree the N-HVR needs tweaking, but I would rather see the n-tec being changed instead, as it makes the gameplay rather... boring? Not sure how to say, but it's pretty much the gun you use and see all around, making the rest of the locker useless.

I still think the HVR is fine.

I dont really touch em cuz I dont find them nearly as useful as some people seem to think they are.

I also dont mind facing them tbh. Its like has been said, seeing an HVR when I press tab just means, "Ok, kill that dude first".

2 hours ago, Nessie said:

Out of ignorancy, why everybody whines about the N-HVR to be nerfed when the weapon being used pretty much 90% of the times is the N-TEC?

Don't get me wrong, I do agree the N-HVR needs tweaking, but I would rather see the n-tec being changed instead, as it makes the gameplay rather... boring? Not sure how to say, but it's pretty much the gun you use and see all around, making the rest of the locker useless.

They both need a nerf as both are OP as fuck. The Ntec can move around and be spammed more then an HVR can.

I personally have mained the 762 for years. (up until I stopped playing a year ago) And, I can barely still quick switch, or let alone play well with the gun. I think the best way to "balance" the gun would take it's damage from 850 to 750 or 800. However, the HVR isn't the only problem, and everyone seems to be aware that other guns have issues. But, ignoring the N-Tec, so many guns in the game aren't being used as much. Everyone REEEE'd about the PMG for a long time. And, when Quick Switching was easier, everyone REEE'd about that.

As long as people don't like a particular gun, people will complain about it being "out of balance". I have certainly seen quick switching, and issues with some guns.

But, there's also a lack of diversity with weapons, many guns, like the PMG, the SHAW, ALIG, and any secondary weapon except for the ACT .44, FBW, or Nano not being used. They're not in the meta. Rather than bring a handful of guns down, bring some back to meta.

Friendly reminder that LO should not, under any circumstances, listen to a bunch of randoms on the forums if and when they decide to do weapons balancing.

It was nerfed ages ago, but aside from needing an even longer deploy time to permanently stop QSing, its fine. 

We should really be talking about how broken the Yukon and ATAC are. Click 2 win

4 minutes ago, BadKarma said:

It was nerfed ages ago, but aside from needing an even longer deploy time to permanently stop QSing, its fine. 

We should really be talking about how broken the Yukon and ATAC are. Click 2 win

But honestly the real problem is that bullets kill people, and that's OP.

46 minutes ago, BadKarma said:

That wasnt a nerf. Adding increased equip time that is completely negated by a mod. That was G1s way of saying they arent changing anything on the HVR you are aware of that right?

2 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

That wasnt a nerf. Adding increased equip time that is completely negated by a mod. That was G1s way of saying they arent changing anything on the HVR you are aware of that right?

Which is why I said it needs a longer equip time. Plzlrn2read

Can we maybe make people's in game threat and what district they play in visible on the forums?

accuracy after scoping needs to be broken, need to crouch to shoot with it, cant shoot whilst moving (get accuracy to pinpoint, but not fast) avoid people doing snapshots (which is the real problem) 

Apply to all Snipers, then sniper rifle players are basically turrets, but that's fine, its a Sniper rifle, keep its damage the same, keep its range the same, keep its fire rate the same.

its the mobility that fucks everyone over.

The only thing that pisses me off about HVR is that I can see no red on my screen, but HVR kills me anyway. I need some numeric indicator of health, and thats it. No dirrect nerf for HVR is needed.

When I mentioned this numeric indicator, I would use it for weapon stats also, instead of this god damn bars that does not even shows truth. For example, Joker Carbine DMG bar is bigger than N-tecs, but N-tec does more damage..

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

3 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

The only thing that pisses me off about HVR is that I can see no red on my screen, but HVR kills me anyway. I need some numeric indicator of health, and thats it. No dirrect nerf for HVR is needed.

When I meantioned this numeric indicator, I would use it for weapon stats also, instead of this god damn bars that does not even shows truth. For example, Joker Carbine DMG bar is bigger than N-tecs, but N-tec does more damage..

I wish they would just use the numbers and stats that APB:DB has figured out. Just, display the stats for the weapon in the game, but more detailed

Like this... for those who've never seen APB:DB https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_Rifle_JokerCarbine_Perm

That's more useful than whatever bar the game has used.

• Thanks 1