Nerf N-HVR?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Should they nerf or buff the N-HVR?

Im being serious here stop complaining over stuff that works learn new skills to tackle those kinda situations like i said 8f u bring nerfing up on nhvr the we going to press for the nerfing of ntec and yukon aswell and no im not trolling rather than nerfing the nhvr learn to use it

6 minutes ago, Thial said:

you must be trolling

Clearly u not that good at nhvr thats why u want it to be nerfed

2 minutes ago, weza69u said:

Clearly u not that good at nhvr thats why u want it to be nerfed

as soon as you mentioned that yukon doesn't need a nerf I knew that you are special

For God's sake it's a sniper,do not decrease the damage,snipers are normally one hit kills in games,and when you get a hitmark it's annoying,but in apb it's hitmark only.I understand the quickswitch mechanic need tweeking,but damage in fine.

Kimotsi is right.

And maybe the thing you cant jump with it. etc.

OK since everyone is mad at me for the lack of constructive criticism from my side I'm gonna write this last time.

HVR is broken. No other gun in the current meta can stand up to it since it's 850 damage up to 90 meters. Additionally the weapon is hit scan so good luck dodging it. With that kind of amount of damage which no other weapon can inflict the HVR should definitely face a nerf, most likely hvr should become projectile based so it would require a little bit of skill to land that tactical nuke of a shot. Saying that you can counter HVR with an Obeya or OBIR is nothing more than wishful talking. Skilled HVR players won't show themselves to you throughout the entire mission or they will always be using a car and driving away from everyone so they can snipe from afar. Most players will also crouch spam or hug the corners in such a way that their model won't be even visible to you but they will be landing those 850 damage shots on your entire team. The majority of good hvr players will also quickswitch. You can say that "oh it's easy to counter quickswitchers, just nade them", trust me they are aware of that and they will avoid it. Current problem with HVR is that it's too versatile. You can use it at any range and it's definitely a tool of mass destruction in the hands of skilled players. If hvr was projectile based on the other hand it would introduce travel time and bullet drop so HVR would become what it was always supposed to be which is even stated in its description. A support rifle. You would need to aim slightly above your enemies to compensate for the drop and aim a little in front of them if they are running. In that case hvr could keep its 850 damage. Then when it comes to quickswitching they should either make it so the further the projectile travels the more damage it deals or mess around with equip time and stuff like that. 

Edit: and for god's sake stop comparing HVR to other games. Other games have totally different meta and you can usually kill people with just few shots at any range because there is no damage dropoff mechanic, additionally most other games have a headshot mechanic so it balances out. For example let's take csgo since many people compare hvr to awp. Counter strafing ak47 in csgo can take on an awp user because not only he deals full damage with ak at any range, he can also headshot the guy and kill him instantly as well. APB doesn't have that, it's a lot different from other games.

Linking the video again so people understand, skip to 35 seconds (this player was banned but watch it just for what is possible with hvr):

Edited by Thial
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ManiVII said:

Kimotsi is right.

And maybe the thing you cant jump with it. etc.

This is a stat based game, not an e-sports game with the best hit reg and where you have to hit a headshot to do full damage.

The HVR could honestly just drop out of APB as long as the scout stays and it'd be fine. 

I say either nerf the damage to 750 or make the modifiers for switching and refiring it extremely unforgiving. 

The Strife is in the same boat, but you can't kill from any range with the strife and if you mess up with the strife, anything will kill you. The HVR should be the same.

18 minutes ago, Thial said:

Linking the video again so people understand, skip to 35 seconds (this player was banned but watch it just for what is possible with hvr):

When cheating, much is possible. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

When cheating, much is possible. 

Indeed but those things are still possible even if you are legit, it's just easier to do it with cheats.

Can we just have the weapon only require 60m before you can 2 shot like a damage ramp up and make the draw time longer?

If the would lower the damage a little bit it would be great

Damage ramps for the HVR were apparently tried in OTW (starting at 550 damage, up to like 750 or 850 at 60m?) and it apparently wasn't effective.

I think the best way to alter the HVR is not by altering its damage, but by making it hard to use in other ways. I like the idea of giving the HVR a short wind-up before firing, but I also like the suggestion that I first heard from Kempington about making the HVR have bullet travel and bullet drop (making it a projectile).

I thought it was an odd suggestion at first, but I recently started playing a little Fortnite where they have snipers be projectile-based (rather than hitscan like almost all other guns) and it doesn't seem bad at all. Giving the sniper projectile travel time even made it less reliable and more difficult to land closer-range hits. I think if the HVR had such a mechanic, its damage could even be increased slightly and it'd be fine.

However, as the game is right now, I don't think it is technically possible to properly implement the projectile for the HVR. By being an object with actual speed, I suspect it will also be subject to the APB speed limit.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shozonu said:

Damage ramps for the HVR were apparently tried in OTW (starting at 550 damage, up to like 750 or 850 at 60m?) and it apparently wasn't effective.

I think the best way to alter the HVR is not by altering its damage, but by making it hard to use in other ways. I like the idea of giving the HVR a short wind-up before firing, but I also like the suggestion that I first heard from Kempington about making the HVR have bullet travel and bullet drop (making it a projectile).

I thought it was an odd suggestion at first, but I recently started playing a little Fortnite where they have snipers be projectile-based (rather than hitscan like almost all other guns) and it doesn't seem bad at all. Giving the sniper projectile travel time even made it less reliable and more difficult to land closer-range hits. I think if the HVR had such a mechanic, its damage could even be increased slightly and it'd be fine.

However, as the game is right now, I don't think it is technically possible to properly implement the projectile for the HVR. By being an object with actual speed, I suspect it will also be subject to the APB speed limit.

Exactly although projectiles already exist in APB, opgl, osmaw, volcano. I think the projectile should be a bit faster than the volcano but not overly fast because then it would be pointless to make hvr projectile based in the first place. And yes the speed limit might be a problem with the current engine.

1 hour ago, Thial said:

Obviously cheates, nothing to compare with that.

11 minutes ago, MichiAPB said:

Obviously cheates, nothing to compare with that.

God help me. As I wrote before multiple times. Yes the person is cheating BUT this is still possible without any cheats at all. Just remove the jumping from the video and you get a legit qs compilation.

Edited by Thial

1 hour ago, Thial said:

God help me. As I wrote before multiple times. Yes the person is cheating BUT this is still possible without any cheats at all. Just remove the jumping from the video and you get a legit qs compilation.

Not everyone understands the posibilities of a good player, cause they probably never encountered one. I just hate missions when there is an enemy team full of NHVR's. And for those who say "git gud". I don't want to be forced to take NHVR and tryhard the whole mission just to counter the guy who is using the Yukon and NHVR.

21 minutes ago, Abramusas said:

Not everyone understands the posibilities of a good player, cause they probably never encountered one. I just hate missions when there is an enemy team full of NHVR's. And for those who say "git gud". I don't want to be forced to take NHVR and tryhard the whole mission just to counter the guy who is using the Yukon and NHVR.

Exactly that's the point. You should be able to pick up an hvr as a fun weapon whenever you feel like it without everyone bashing you for it. You shouldn't feel forced to use one because the other team is using them as well so to give your team a chance of winning you need to use it too. Best proof is how everyone switches to hvrs during takeouts.

Edited by Thial

I mean, if you don't want to "tryhard" then losing really can't be an issue either, unless you just think you should be able to win without trying?

Like you said, its your choice what guns you wanna use and not use, maybe let everyone else make the same choice?

Edited by CookiePuss

5 hours ago, Thial said:

OK since everyone is mad at me for the lack of constructive criticism from my side I'm gonna write this last time.

HVR is broken. No other gun in the current meta can stand up to it since it's 850 damage up to 90 meters. Additionally the weapon is hit scan so good luck dodging it. With that kind of amount of damage which no other weapon can inflict the HVR should definitely face a nerf, most likely hvr should become projectile based so it would require a little bit of skill to land that tactical nuke of a shot. Saying that you can counter HVR with an Obeya or OBIR is nothing more than wishful talking. Skilled HVR players won't show themselves to you throughout the entire mission or they will always be using a car and driving away from everyone so they can snipe from afar. Most players will also crouch spam or hug the corners in such a way that their model won't be even visible to you but they will be landing those 850 damage shots on your entire team. The majority of good hvr players will also quickswitch. You can say that "oh it's easy to counter quickswitchers, just nade them", trust me they are aware of that and they will avoid it. Current problem with HVR is that it's too versatile. You can use it at any range and it's definitely a tool of mass destruction in the hands of skilled players. If hvr was projectile based on the other hand it would introduce travel time and bullet drop so HVR would become what it was always supposed to be which is even stated in its description. A support rifle. You would need to aim slightly above your enemies to compensate for the drop and aim a little in front of them if they are running. In that case hvr could keep its 850 damage. Then when it comes to quickswitching they should either make it so the further the projectile travels the more damage it deals or mess around with equip time and stuff like that. 

Edit: and for god's sake stop comparing HVR to other games. Other games have totally different meta and you can usually kill people with just few shots at any range because there is no damage dropoff mechanic, additionally most other games have a headshot mechanic so it balances out. For example let's take csgo since many people compare hvr to awp. Counter strafing ak47 in csgo can take on an awp user because not only he deals full damage with ak at any range, he can also headshot the guy and kill him instantly as well. APB doesn't have that, it's a lot different from other games.

I am tired to repeat it...

8 hours ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Reducing its damage would break this weapon purpose to be in the game. The only way to properly nerf is restoring its previous movement speed, and maybe... add more equip time.

There are multiple ways to counter a nhvr user and you are not mentioning it.

And again, not because some players boost their skills with x software/hardware means that the weapon they use needs balance.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

still wouldn't fix hvr being used at every range and being hitscan 850 damage

Edited by Thial

1 minute ago, Luminesca said:

HVR is fine, just limit one per team.

I feel like that would be hard to implement coding wise. I mean imagine you're calling for backup in a mission, and one of your backup members has an HVR. Problem is, so do you.

So what then, the game just crashes?

Edited by BartMcRoy

3 minutes ago, BartMcRoy said:

I feel like that would be hard to implement coding wise. I mean imagine you're calling for backup in a mission, and one of your backup members has an HVR. Problem is, so do you.

So what then, the game just crashes?

They lose primary and have to go to kiosk/ammo box to choose different primary?

Perhaps little inconvenient, but would also be one of the reasons not to main the gun, and switch to it when only necessary. 

Edited by Luminesca

6 minutes ago, Luminesca said:

They lose primary and have to go to kiosk/ammo box to choose different primary?

Perhaps little inconvenient, but would also be one of the reasons not to main the gun, and switch to it when only necessary. 

And how would the game decide who keeps the HVR and who doesn't?

Say I want to advance my sniper role, but every time I'm called as backup, they give precedence to someone already using it on the mission.

I mean, granted I can just switch to a different sniper rifle, but what if I've invested mods and other things onto my HVR without a suitable backup?

Edited by BartMcRoy