Sign in to follow this  
Abramusas

Weapon balance?

I was wondering, Matt mentioned that LO hired a designer for weapon balance testing. He also mentioned that there are a few weapons that need rebalancing.

I would suggest to rebalance NHVR the heavy sniper by reducing it's clip size and damage. Make it so that it would have 1 or 2 bullets in a magazine and reduce it's damage to 70%-75%.

Another neat thing would be fixing the Joker box Yukon bugged firerate when not aiming. It's like a pocket SHAW and it is a P2W weapon.

Other weapons I think are pretty balanced. It's just these 2. The NHVR and Yukon combo is just impossible to beat.

• Like 1

couldn’t just post this in the 10 page thread that already exists could you

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

couldn’t just post this in the 10 page thread that already exists could you

10 page thread?

that's like a book dude, no thanks.

Just now, Aeronaut said:

10 page thread?

that's like a book dude, no thanks.

expand your horizons

What Yukon fire rate bug? The gun is supposed to full-auto outside of marksman. Am I potatoe and missing somethin?

I agree that HVR should get a slight nerf though. Only very slight. It's not as OP as people say it is, especially compared to the DMR which is technically already better.

Just now, Tizzie said:

What Yukon fire rate bug? The gun is supposed to full-auto outside of marksman. Am I potatoe and missing somethin?

I agree that HVR should get a slight nerf though. Only very slight. It's not as OP as people say it is, especially compared to the DMR which is technically already better.

the gun is fully automatic from the hip but afaik it’s not supposed to be quite so fast

id guess it’s supposed to be the same rof/ttk that the northwest has

5 minutes ago, Tizzie said:

Can totally see that you like heavy snipers from your signature 😄

Edited by Abramusas

i swear i saw a weapon balance topic yesterday

Got my support on this one fam. Haven't played in ages, when I watched Q&A the first weapon that came to mind was NHVR. Nothing to counter it unlike say OSMAW or Vulcano that can be countered by Flak Jacket, Kevlar does not work against NHVR. Currently the only counter is another NHVR. Reducing it's damage to ~70% would make it so you don't die from being tickled by pretty much anything after being hit by NHVR.

When I played today after a really  long break I got reminded by the balanced Yukon about it's existence. Fire rate is bugged since forever (just compare it to non jmb version). It's as p2w as old Nano except that one has been fixed in ~8 months. I would love to say APB is not p2w but sadly it's not the case while this weapon remains untouched.

Scout could use a slight buff too, like 55%>60% dmg buf so it would be more reliable against CA3 users (aka everybody). Right now no reason to use it over "normal" NHVR...

Edited by ╬ PzKpfw VI Tiger

I agree with they guy above.

Edited by Abramusas

11 minutes ago, ╬ PzKpfw VI Tiger said:

Got my support on this one fam. Haven't played in ages, when I watched Q&A the first weapon that came to mind was NHVR. Nothing to counter it unlike say OSMAW or Vulcano that can be countered by Flak Jacket, Kevlar does not work against NHVR. Currently the only counter is another NHVR. Reducing it's damage to ~70% would make it so you don't die from being tickled by pretty much anything after being hit by NHVR.

When I played today after a really  long break I got reminded by the balanced Yukon about it's existence. Fire rate is bugged since forever (just compare it to non jmb version). It's as p2w as old nano except that one has been fixed in ~8 months. I would love to say APB is not p2w but sadly it's not the case while this weapon remains untouched.

Scout could use a slight buff too, like 55%>60% dmg buf so it would be more reliable against CA3 users (aka everybody). Right now no reason to use it over "normal" NHVR...

I do hope matt fixed it.. i thought G1 left it like that to milk the jokerbox as much as posible

16 minutes ago, Abramusas said:

I agree with they guy above.

Yeah I think they should hire us for weapon balancing 🤣😆😁

Inb4 ATAC buff 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, ╬ PzKpfw VI Tiger said:

Yeah I think they should hire us for weapon balancing 🤣😆😁

Inb4 ATAC buff 😂😂😂

Inb4 Cap40 buff

8 minutes ago, Abramusas said:

Inb4 Cap40 buff

Yeah, + 500% fire rate or whatever Yukon gets 🤣

Leaked footage of Yukon testing (from 7:14 onwards) 😂

What does OP rly mean? 

A Weapon that is great for every situation. NHVR is OP because of the close range qs. Increase the base equip time and problem solved.

Ntec does beat every gun at close to mid range and can damage very well on long range. That is OP. 

Please everyone play ALIG. Thx. :^)

2 minutes ago, weissraider said:

What does OP rly mean? 

A Weapon that is great for every situation. NHVR is OP because of the close range qs. Increase the base equip time and problem solved.

Ntec does beat every gun at close to mid range and can damage very well on long range. That is OP. 

Please everyone1 play ALIG. Thx. :^)

As of what I know QS with NHVR was even before I registered and the equip time was nerfed back then too, I don't think that nerfing the equip time would balance the weapon.

Those burst pistols need a real nerf, is like having a pocket Obir.
Also Oscar needs a nerf, they have really good firerate, not losing any accuracy even if you shoot fast, range, damage.

I'd say that every weapon should be worth to use, and It's kinda stupid that you get outshoot by an Ntec from 80m+ when the range of Ntec should be 50m-

22 minutes ago, AllFenom said:

Ntec from 80m+ when the range of Ntec should be 50m-

The range of the ntec IS 50m. 

By 70m its 18 shots to kill.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2018 at 2:46 PM, Abramusas said:

I was wondering, Matt mentioned that LO hired a designer for weapon balance testing. He also mentioned that there are a few weapons that need rebalancing.

I would suggest to rebalance NHVR the heavy sniper by reducing it's clip size and damage. Make it so that it would have 1 or 2 bullets in a magazine and reduce it's damage to 70%-75%.

Another neat thing would be fixing the Joker box Yukon bugged firerate when not aiming. It's like a pocket SHAW and it is a P2W weapon.

Other weapons I think are pretty balanced. It's just these 2. The NHVR and Yukon combo is just impossible to beat.

Lower Magazine size fine. Lowering the damage on it would not be a smart option.

Sign in to follow this