AbuMohammad

Asking Little Orbit to clarify an uniform question.

57 minutes ago, AbuMohammad said:

That really was true for gamersfirst, but there are new owners and new rules. Moreover, there is another question, who will get a punishment? A tailor who made it but never showed an uniform or spoke anything wrong in chat, or an actual holder who use it at his own risk with his own way. Historically, this already happened to Hugo Boss, who actually made it all but wasn't banned after and kept a business. But what will be here?

i do recall the ceo dude say nudity, hate speech and hate symbols will be banned. so i suppose it depends on whether or not the communist symbol is considered a hate symbol. i don't think it is but that's my guess.

as for the other question, the person wearing it will be the one to be punished. when a man shoots another person and kills them, who receives punishment? the company that made the gun or the man who pulled the trigger? the man. idk, makes sense to me. 

I think official opinion is divided. One moderator said that it's ok without symbol, other one said that they can't be sure about that all and will post a decision later. Maybe they just appeal to Matt or Lixil, we don't know. As for punishment, if there aren't any clear and definite rules, they can punish whoever they need for whatever he done.

P.S. gamersfirst done that by rewriting rules any time they need, so rules aren't a finished statement. Also rules are one-sided, so noone actually can appeal if something goes wrong, that's why clear official statement about a certain case is what i believe in more

5 hours ago, Mr Derp said:

There is absolutely no other reason to be creating Nazi uniforms in a cops and robbers game than to be a douche. 

If you're going to be a douche, be a man and admit it. Why not just be honest and up front that you want to offend people but want to make sure you won't be punished for doing it?

then why people create sluts and weeaboo outfits in a cops and robbers game?

people just want to cosplay,the Nazi uniform is beautiful, it's not just plain black but the details on it makes it unique, im not saying im a Nazi or i like them, just let people dress what they like 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MrM0dZ said:

people just want to cosplay,the Nazi uniform is beautiful, it's not just plain black but the details on it makes it unique, im not saying im a Nazi or i like them, just let people dress what they like 

If you're cosplaying in a Nazi uniform, then what are you cosplaying as?

I think if someone was dressed in a full Manchester United kit, I'd consider it a safe assumption they like Manchester United a lot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrChan said:

I think if someone was dressed in a full Manchester United kit, I'd consider it a safe assumption they like Manchester United a lot.

if it doesn't have a Swastika symbol who can say it's really a Nazi uniform?

same goes for every outfit,if it doesn't have a symbol that points what it is, they're just outfits

Edited by MrM0dZ

4 minutes ago, MrChan said:

kind of a simple way of looking at it tbh

do you think every person who wears a pair of Jordans likes michael jordan himself, or even likes basketball?

• Like 2

i don't understand whts goin on, honestly. I dont see any sign of nazi sybols on those costumes, any. Like, yes, he made a ww2 accurate outfit so what ? There s no svastica e.t.c. And its seams to me that any kind of a cross is not yet prohibited in that game. Shall we ban the whole German server just because this country is kinda related to both WW's? Like this logic of some part of the comunity is no, sorry. 
Ban those who really offend others,Ban real nazis, ban those who cheat already, leave the creative guys alone! 

11 minutes ago, MrM0dZ said:

You specifically said "Nazi uniform" in your post?

But if you really want to tease this out, are we really saying this:

qT3tOd4.jpg

Fundementally changes if you do this to it?

2vGQrWx.jpg

Come on. Humans don't blindy strip things of all context just because the bit that's technically illegal in Germany is taken out.

Again, I don't mind if people are willing to accept Nazis running around everywhere in APB. With or without swastikas. I'm not offended by them. Just be conscious that the majority of people in this game, make a Nazi uniform because they want to piss people off. That (among many other things) promotes toxicity and arseholish behaviour in the community. That is a consequence you have by allowing it, and when discussing whether we want to have these things in game, I think we should really be talking about that rather than going "well it's not a Nazi uniform if you take the swastika off it."

Edited by MrChan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrM0dZ said:

same goes for every outfit,if it doesn't have a symbol that points what it is, they're just outfits

if you're going to go through the trouble of making a red armband with a white circle and an iron cross on it I think it is pretty safe to say you're making a Nazi uniform.

So if you like to cosplay being a Nazi, chances are you're a douche. So own your douchebaggery rather than beating around the bush.

• Like 1

there are laws against hate crimes hate speech etc in any country around the world

if its something that directly promoted hatred racism etc then by far it is a bad idea to do so for any reason

its not something that can be summed up by a time period from the past but instead has to be checked if it affects this time period with hate crimes,   hate speech and so forth

3 minutes ago, MrChan said:

You specifically said "Nazi uniform" in your post?

But if you really want to tease this out, are we really saying this:

qT3tOd4.jpg

Fundementally changes if you do this to it?

2vGQrWx.jpg

Come on. Humans don't blindy strip things of all context just because the bit that's technically illegal in Germany is taken out.

Again, I don't mind if people are willing to accept Nazis running around everywhere in APB. With or without swastikas. I'm not offended by them. Just be conscious that the majority of people in this game, make a Nazi uniform because they want to piss people off. That (among many other things) promotes toxicity and arseholish behaviour in the community. That is a consequence you have by allowing it, and when discussing whether we want to have these things in game, I think we should really be talking about that rather than going "well it's not a Nazi uniform if you take the swastika off it."

you could just remove the armband and people would think it's a black military uniform

2 minutes ago, Mr Derp said:

if you're going to go through the trouble of making a red armband with a white circle and an iron cross on it I think it is pretty safe to say you're making a Nazi uniform.

So if you like to cosplay being a Nazi, chances are you're a douche. So own your douchebaggery rather than beating around the bush.

man i wish you werent using the prima donna cover as an avatar lol

if the person wants to engage with their inner douche then whats the problem?

as long as they arent getting in touch with their outer douche ("heil hitler" in chat or offensive clan names etc) then i see no problem 

double down now that we have regular GMs visiting the districts to remove those that are tempted by their outer douche

If we start speaking about laws, the most straight one is in Germany. Here is the wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgesetzbuch_section_86a

There is a list of actually forbidden symbolics. Another fact is that germany still uses the same clothes model and some of the insignia on it for the parade uniform.

%D0%9D%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%

Here we see old model, old division name insignia on arm, old collar rank insignia, so basically it is a remake of old uniform without old symbolycs. Does it produce hate or offence?

We contacted Matt Scott himself, and he had this to say:

If the player IS offensive, then we will need to take action. Simply wearing the uniform without the hate symbols is fine.
I'm not going to police creativity too much; If they troll people then they should be dealt with.

There you have it. The uniform itself is fine, as long as it doesn't bear symbols that represent hateful ideologies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mr Derp said:

There is absolutely no other reason to be creating Nazi uniforms in a cops and robbers game than to be a douche. 

If you're going to be a douche, be a man and admit it. Why not just be honest and up front that you want to offend people but want to make sure you won't be punished for doing it?

i beg to differ:

-> for some people, WW2 german uniforms, guns, etc. looks/works great. also, not every WW2 officer was a nazi.

6 hours ago, DarkRider400 said:

Agreed, however it's still not really necessary to have such uniforms in APB. There's no point and it's not necessary by any means. If they want to play with WW2 uniforms, they can wait for BF V, play Arma 3's Invasion 1944 mod, play COD:WAW, or any number of things. But they have no place or purpose in APB. 

Furthermore, I feel that this "roleplay" that others mention is probably not a good thing while wearing a Nazi uniform. But that shouldn't be hard to see, should it?

if you want everything to have a "place" or be "necessary", i recommend you to wait for BFV, or play arma 3, COD:WAW, SWAT 4 or any number of things. when you get in a ONLINE game with OTHER HUMANS and there is a CREATIVE SIDE to the game, you have to deal with other people creating what they want, be it a anime uniform,banana-shaped house, or calling themselves butt mcbutterson.

I like how you tell me to show common sense, but you lack any bit of it.

The point is WHY do people feel the need to "dress up and play military" in APB? It serves no purpose. All it does is cause conflict, hence why we're on the forums right now, dingus.

ArmA 3 was literally designed around that, looks much better, and plays better for whatever military application they need. It has no place in APB.

what is the point?

->praetorians are mostly ex-military and ex-police

->in a warzone like san paro, dressing military is just common sense

->what if i want to roleplay as a crazy guy that belives he is a german in WW2 conquering san paro for germany? what if i just like the german uniforms? do you go arround whispering to naked people and clowns in game "hey, your costumizacion doesnt fit my imagination and has no place or point in this game, go change it"?

6 hours ago, AbuMohammad said:

That's what I've done during several years of gamersfirst and innova. The problem is that offense is too complicated thing. In old times my skyrim outfit offended a guy, who hates everything medieval. But, the game owner policy is necessary to know in such cases

(this is not for you, but for everyone) im christian. i get offended when people says om_ or _ _ _  (as: you shall not use his name in vain); also, satanic stuff also offends me. where is the chat filter for people saying those things? where are the bans for the satanistics and people with stuff liike "om_ or _ _ _" in their char names? are we taking favourites in the "offended roulette" now?

this is the first time im saying this, because i do feel like they are in the liberty to say and use those things. im no judge, jury, or executioneer.

so, as you said, "offense" is complicated. if we tried to make a full non-offensive game, we would not be able to even play tetris, as its a game of putting a stick in a hole.

So you're justifying nazi uniforms by "creative freedom"?

So it's creative freedom if someone designs the swastika and SS symbols in the Designer?

Or maybe when they're wearing said uniform and spewing hate speech through VOIP where there's no record of it unless some lucky person manages to catch it on recording when theyre not busy playing the game? 

It opens avenues that shouldn't be opened. The hard-on you all seem to be getting from "discussing" (even though none of you have actually discussed anything), is that you'd like to wear nazi uniforms "for RP".

It doesn't matter than it's a game, the outfit itself is an enabler for those with unacceptable behavior and tendencies to say things that shouldn't be said.

Tell me, what country's outfit sells the most? I doubt it's Russia's. And it seems like most would rather wear modern USA military clothing than WW2-style. Willing to bet very few people actually care for French/British/Japanese/etc WW2 clothing, which leaves Germany as the last major country. Can't imagine why that is.

toxic people will be toxic with or without the uniform. banning an uniform only hurts the legit, mature players who enjoy the looks of it. its not like the uniform gets in their head and they start shouting "hail hitler! kill all blacks!", they will do it, with or without the uniform.

5 hours ago, MrChan said:

Because some people are so obsessed with "triggering the libs" that they'd probably fork their own eyeballs out and set them on fire if they thought it would offend one of those SJWs.

This isn't meant as a dig at the OP, btw, since he appears to be doing them as an order rather than for his own gratification, but I do wonder about his customers. I also wonder about the people defending it as innocent WW2 roleplay or just a military uniform fetish in this community. In a game populated by people who actually act like adults, I'd actually accept it. But in this immature playground covered in its occupants proverbial excrement? Come on guys, how naive are you? It's APB, people just want the Nazi uniform to be edgy and try and piss people off, and anything else is giant fib. 

oh sorry, i didnt knew you know every single apb player. what do you know about me tho? im curious.

5 hours ago, AbuMohammad said:

Ok, here is my fast version of it.

Mn8foNhAmbg.jpg

Modern iron cross on the band, made little and not detailed. "NOT NAZI" on the armband where division name should be. 77 on the collar instead of rank insignia. Eagle also made schematically, just a combination of angel prints resembling it. I think all insignias and symbols are pure and censored, both accepted by customers and not offending anyone. Do you approve it?

expanding the symbol all arround the armband looks good

5 hours ago, Maverick13 said:

Are you high or something? DOOD... Don't come here with this BS: "Nobody can make a german uniform because it hurts my feelings."

If is not displaying the Swastika, there's no problem.

So what's next... You'll cry asking LO to remove the JB 10 and 12 because they contain a OCSP "KOMMANDANT" (Luger P-08) and Obeya CAP-40 "The Sergeant" (MP40)? Both weapons are based on German Weaponry from WW2.

ditto.

polar+bear+wallpaper+1.jpg

Edited by TheOppositePolarBear

And one Suggestion to LO. We need a Joker Box with a LMG based on the MG42... It'll be awesome.

I think its important to mention that the uniform you are recreating does not belong to the Wehrmacht (german military during WWII). It's a uniform of the SS, so you should be even more careful since the SS is (rightfully) labeled as a hate group in germany.

Edited by Loom
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, AbuMohammad said:

So, I have plans about making WWII uniforms of USA, USSR, maybe other allies and the Axis. So, there is a big question stopping me from doing that: will the Axis or soviet uniform be considered as an offensive content, even if it is made without historical insignia or symbols? For better understanding, here is the screenshot of such uniform (german one)  from Call of Duty: maxresdefault.jpg

Here we see only an iron cross, which makes the game legit even in Germany. Also, this question is about any other insignias of other countries. Please, tell us your official position about that.

Bluer than you muhammad.

so basically the uniform is ok but just omit the symbol (according to the ceo dude). shweet. go wild dudes and dudettes.

9 hours ago, BrightNightLight said:

We contacted Matt Scott himself, and he had this to say:

There you have it. The uniform itself is fine, as long as it doesn't bear symbols that represent hateful ideologies.

Ok, thank you guys, time for a new costume set!

fOr69nII9a0.jpgFP-pFlg6x5Y.jpgmY-VghRNahA.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AbuMohammad said:

Ok, thank you guys, time for a new costume set!

fOr69nII9a0.jpgFP-pFlg6x5Y.jpgmY-VghRNahA.jpg

Judging by the effort you've made in making these outfits aesthetically pleasing to the eye means you were pretty serious about the uniforms. If anyone would take offense to this then it's probably because you're a "nice wallhack/aimbot/noob weapon" kinda guy and not cause you're looking like that. Low effort would be a fat half-naked black guy with an afro running around with kfc drumstick tattoo's all over his body. would still be funny though for immature me

APB shouldn't be moderated that badly, just keep your penises and/or(?) vagina's in the pants.  On a side note make some female versions, I'd love to buy those if you're on Citadel. 

Edited by Spherii

On 5/28/2018 at 1:02 PM, Obvious Lesbian said:

It is the belief that a symbol inspires hatred. It has nothing to do with offending people unless you're a middle aged white virgin male who thinks following fat women around will get them laid.

Because normal rational adults want to parade around in a cops and robbers video game in a Nazi uniform and not actually offend people because it fits the theme of the game? Of course it is about offending people. Just like the people with the shit, blood and cum stains on their characters through tattoos and clothing. 

You're a dimwit if you think otherwise.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2018 at 12:58 PM, Mr Derp said:

I don't care if you think I have a good reason or not, we think so and that is enough. It's free expression. It's not something you'd know but I'm the biggest anti-racist, anti-Nazi, anti-commie you might meet for some time. However I still have no qualms dressing up as Hitler if I felt so inclined just for shits and giggles. Basic offense has gone too far, I don't think you deserve this courtesy in the slightest. It's hinders everyone's fun and in the long run is just detrimental to the community as a whole.

14 minutes ago, Mr Derp said:

Because normal rational adults want to parade around in a cops and robbers video game in a Nazi uniform and not actually offend people because it fits the theme of the game? Of course it is about offending people. Just like the people with the shit, blood and cum stains on their characters through tattoos and clothing. 

You're a dimwit if you think otherwise.

If you think blood stains and the like are offensive you have problems.