AbuMohammad

Asking Little Orbit to clarify an uniform question.

So, I have plans about making WWII uniforms of USA, USSR, maybe other allies and the Axis. So, there is a big question stopping me from doing that: will the Axis or soviet uniform be considered as an offensive content, even if it is made without historical insignia or symbols? For better understanding, here is the screenshot of such uniform (german one)  from Call of Duty: maxresdefault.jpg

Here we see only an iron cross, which makes the game legit even in Germany. Also, this question is about any other insignias of other countries. Please, tell us your official position about that.

Also, uniforms here can't be too detailed because of limited clothes choice and customisation limit. Here is an example of my soviet one t084Ensvkl8.jpg

afaik the clothing is fine, as long as you aren’t using the actual illegal symbols or using it to further your “heil hitler” rp

Maybe that's true, but I certainly need an official answer from new owners, because they surely have new policies. I think noone will hear anything when the ban is done (and if it won't be a ban, losing a difficult outfit is not a good thing to happen too). But you are right, on old Innova it was really legit.

12 minutes ago, AbuMohammad said:

Maybe that's true, but I certainly need an official answer from new owners, because they surely have new policies. I think noone will hear anything when the ban is done (and if it won't be a ban, losing a difficult outfit is not a good thing to happen too). But you are right, on old Innova it was really legit.

There is absolutely no other reason to be creating Nazi uniforms in a cops and robbers game than to be a douche. 

If you're going to be a douche, be a man and admit it. Why not just be honest and up front that you want to offend people but want to make sure you won't be punished for doing it?

• Like 3

Just now, Mr Derp said:

There is absolutely no other reason to be creating Nazi uniforms in a cops and robbers game than to be a douche. 

If you're going to be a douche, be a man and admit it. Why not just be honest and up front that you want to offend people but want to make sure you won't be punished for doing it?

As I said, the question is about ALL ww2 uniforms, including soviet, japanese, italian and every else. The german uniform is just the most easily explainable example, because of CoD popularity. Someone may be offended even with a french one

2 minutes ago, Mr Derp said:

It is the belief that a symbol inspires hatred. It has nothing to do with offending people unless you're a middle aged white virgin male who thinks following fat women around will get them laid.

5 minutes ago, Mr Derp said:

This might be a "Cops and robbers" game as you so delicatly put it. But it has the best character customization in any game I've ever seen. It should be allowed to make such outfits, a lot of players want to be able to roleplay in the cummunity, and in my opinion it should definitly be allowed, as long as there's no hateful intent behind it, and only want's to have an outfit like that for the outfits and roleplays sake.

On our server i get orders for making something about ww2 just every week, of course most are about soviets and germans. But I can make soviets without such great doubt, because it is actually a russian server where it will be accepted. Also, I never seen a polish player there, so I shouldn't worry about equality of soviet and nazi symbols in their laws. As for german uniform, everything is way more complicated

13 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

It is the belief that a symbol inspires hatred. It has nothing to do with offending people unless you're a middle aged white virgin male who thinks following fat women around will get them laid.

Agreed, however it's still not really necessary to have such uniforms in APB. There's no point and it's not necessary by any means. If they want to play with WW2 uniforms, they can wait for BF V, play Arma 3's Invasion 1944 mod, play COD:WAW, or any number of things. But they have no place or purpose in APB. 

Furthermore, I feel that this "roleplay" that others mention is probably not a good thing while wearing a Nazi uniform. But that shouldn't be hard to see, should it?

Edited by DarkRider400

20 minutes ago, Mr Derp said:

Or maybe some of us just like History and appreciate historical accuracy of uniforms? However, the use of the Wehrmacht symbol or the Iron Cross would be a much better option than a Swastika, to avoid the direct use of a German symbol that symbolized so much more than the German Facist party. 

Edited by BuckyTheBronco

Just now, DarkRider400 said:

Agreed, however it's still not really necessary to have such uniforms in APB. There's no point and it's not necessary by any means. If they want to play with WW2 uniforms, they can wait for BF V, play Arma 3's Invasion 1944 mod, play COD:WAW, or any number of things. But they have no place or purpose in APB.

APB gives you creative freedom to do whatever you want and how you want. The only exceptions to those rules are regarding national laws.

The nazi swastika is illegal in Germany. That is the only reason why that symbol is against the rules. If it was legal the symbol would not be banned, not everyone is a snowflake.

Just because you don't like people dressing up and playing military does not mean everyone needs to fix their imagination to match yours. Show some common sense.

• Like 6

I'm only a clothing designer, so i have no idea why people choose any of it, my job is to have a lot of outfits to fit any topic. But, if they will make a nasty roleplay LO can punish me for that.

P.S. you can see a variety of my clothes in this topic

Edited by AbuMohammad
adding some words

9 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

/snip

Just because you don't like people dressing up and playing military does not mean everyone needs to fix their imagination to match yours. Show some common sense.

I like how you tell me to show common sense, but you lack any bit of it.

The point is WHY do people feel the need to "dress up and play military" in APB? It serves no purpose. All it does is cause conflict, hence why we're on the forums right now, dingus.

ArmA 3 was literally designed around that, looks much better, and plays better for whatever military application they need. It has no place in APB.

Edited by DarkRider400

1 minute ago, DarkRider400 said:

The point is WHY do people feel the need to "dress up and play military" in APB? It serves no purpose. All it does is cause conflict, hence why we're on the forums right now, dingus.

ArmA 3 was literally designed around that, looks much better, and plays better for whatever military application they need.

It doesn't cause any form of conflict. You are the only one that appears to show any sort of complaint in regards of a guy asking if its fine for him to mimic uniforms from a specific time period. Stop being offended and trying to dictate how people play the game. Lol

Just now, Gothina said:

If you have to ask, then don't.

This more than anything.

2 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

It doesn't cause any form of conflict. You are the only one that appears to show any sort of complaint in regards of a guy asking if its fine for him to mimic uniforms from a specific time period. Stop being offended and trying to dictate how people play the game. Lol

If you have to ask, then don't.

Perfect point, courtesy of @Gothina

There should be no problem with that.

It is sad that everybody associate those symbols with hate. It was in the past, it was sad.

This thread is a roller coaster. Guy can't understand what creative freedom is and wants everyone to revolve around his stupid imagination.

6 minutes ago, DarkRider400 said:

ArmA 3 was literally designed around that, looks much better, and plays better for whatever military application they need. It has no place in APB.

Playing pc games servers no purpose, yet you do it

If it doesn't break game rules, you are free to do it

Stop locking creative freedom because of "muh feelings"

Just now, DanRO13 said:

Playing pc games servers no purpose, yet you do it

If it doesn't break game rules, you are free to do it

Stop locking creative freedom because of "muh feelings"

Im sorry, are you blind or stupid, or both?

Nowhere have I mentioned that the nazi symbol affects my emotions. I don't care about it in the least.

My concern is that the whole topic is useless dribble, and that if the question seriously has to be asked, then why bother doing it in the first place for a specific audience that consists of MAYBE 50 people who have hard-ons for WW2 junk in APB.

For me a purpose of making new outfits is a possibility to get new customers and to try making something more complicated. Moreover, i like the creation process

6 minutes ago, DarkRider400 said:

that doesn’t make any sense

why bother dressing up in tactical gear? why bother dressing up as a lore correct character? why bother dressing up as a robot?

also armas gameplay is nearly the complete opposite of apb

Just now, DarkRider400 said:

Im sorry, are you blind or stupid, or both?

Nowhere have I mentioned that the nazi symbol affects my emotions. I don't care about it in the least.

My concern is that the whole topic is useless dribble, and that if the question seriously has to be asked, then why bother doing it in the first place for a specific audience that consists of MAYBE 50 people who have hard-ons for WW2 junk in APB.

those "MAYBE 50" are as important customers as anyone else. 50 like ww2, 50 like elder scrolls, 50 like something medieval and so on. That's how we get customers