Sign in to follow this  
Kommaranda

Who will be unbaned

Are we talking about some random guy or will we see some big names like  xyz?

If so dont consider any of my friends or me to ever pay a fkn dime on apb ever again.

We suffered for years from their blatant cheating and wont forget the fun, screaming and tears of happines in teamspeak when they finally got banned.

So unban whoever you want maybe you are gonna make some fast cash with all the nickname changes bought, but think about the legit playerbase too.

In the end it feels like a punch in the face for me at least.

if people are smart, they won't cheat again if they get a second chance, so lets pray they stay on the right path

nice blog

theyve already said who and why they’re unbanning multiple times, if you didn’t get it before i don’t think anyone posting here can help you

• Like 1

They're going to review bans, so don't expect blatant cheaters caught by the anti-cheat to get unbanned.

Matt Scott said some bans were improper and would be removed.

The unban wave will hit alongside BattlEye. "Known" cheaters might or might not stay banned, we can't be sure of that yet; Regardless, should they attempt to hack again, the new anti-cheat system will take care of them.

• Like 1

lol there are soooo many players on your server and u cared about 3 guys coming back.

no one gives a dam if you going to spend or not.

Edited by Deadliest
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2018 at 9:31 AM, scrim said:

if people are smart

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

Who?

Blatant, mega blatant and ultra blatant

1 hour ago, BetaAlanine said:

Blatant, mega blatant and ultra blatant

If so, give them time. BattleEye will snag them. Faster than FairFight or PunkBuster.

1 hour ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

If so, give them time. BattleEye will snag them. Faster than FairFight or PunkBuster.

At the current rate they will go on cheating for years, you know 0 cheaters baned and they know it too...

4 hours ago, BetaAlanine said:

At the current rate they will go on cheating for years, you know 0 cheaters baned and they know it too...

On 6/11/2018 at 12:32 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Here is a quick update of where we are with the last update released on Friday:

1) Installation issues

There are some ongoing installation issues with the latest patch. These issues seem to be centered around the following three scenarios:

(a) Steam installer not correctly writing registry entries. We are working with Valve on this. It was a problem a long time ago. Hopefully we can get a fix from them soon. We are also starting a work around just in case that doesn't happen quickly.

(b) Players who copied files or didn't use an installer to add the game to their system. This can sometimes happen when players back up one system to another. Again, it appears certain registry entries aren't getting made (despite installing BE over and over). The fix for this is to delete your APB install, and install it from scratch off the download link on our website.

2) Lag / freezing issues

There have been some players reporting an increase in lag after the patch. We are looking into possible negative performance impacts related to the BattlEye implementation.

3) Bans and detection

We are not broadcasting bans, and to be crystal clear - no bans have been implemented.

We took a very conservative approach this weekend. We didn't want a scenario where BE started mass autobanning players for incorrect reasons. We never want to have to mass unban again for some anti-cheat problem. Instead we chose to record and analyze the data, and then we will be processing players accordingly. Moving forward we are also adding extra detections one at a time till we feel the system is running smoothly. 

Anti-cheat will never be perfect. It takes iteration and constant tuning. Little Orbit is firm in our commitment to leverage solid client-side and server-side systems to help us identify and eliminate as many players using unfair advantages as possible, so the rest of us can enjoy the game. We have put our money where our mouth is, and this process will be ongoing.

Having said that, there are some amazing players in the game who have spent years to master very difficult skills. They know the guns and their various parameters. They know the maps and where people tend to go. They know how to use APB's 3rd person camera to attack behind them which can look like a snap. My point is that to the average FPS player, these players can look like cheating. But APB is not an FPS. We need to make sure we don't punish good players.

We appreciate your support.

Thanks,
Matt

Again, give it time.

i don't think they'll announce names. i think they're trying to stray away from that style.

LO said already they're not posting others bans so prolly they will not post whom they are unbanning.

2 hours ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

Again, give it time.

OFC, still i got my first warning in the forums for "writing" a text, at this rate i am more likely to get baned for writing here, then for cheating, i think its more safe for me to go idle now before i say sth. Wrong in my rage.

18 minutes ago, BetaAlanine said:

OFC, still i got my first warning in the forums for "writing" a text, at this rate i am more likely to get baned for writing here, then for cheating, i think its more safe for me to go idle now before i say sth. Wrong in my rage.

Probably name and shame.

Sign in to follow this