Sign in to follow this  
TR0Nx

Russains spaming chat

look man no disrespect ment but ffs man in chat its russain spam like all the time.. cant read anything in english cuz chats all full of russain... make main chat english only its unfair we got to sit there with russains spamin chat..

love or hate u know this needs sorting !

• Like 1

I wonder if you understand Turkish, German or Italian.

• Like 1

You're able to /ignore those players if you feel it's necessary.

29 minutes ago, TR0Nx said:

look man no disrespect ment but ffs man in chat its russain spam like all the time.. cant read anything in english cuz chats all full of russain... make main chat english only its unfair we got to sit there with russains spamin chat..

love or hate u know this needs sorting !

This can be sorted, but there will be still russian (most likely) and other languages in chat. Just with English letters. 

Toje samoe chto ya delayu seichas. <- English letters, russian meaning.

Or do what iDev said. 

Edited by RunicDeath
I'm a potato....

In spite of Russian servers being made, some players chose to stay on Citadel, in which their connection quality is worse. I think it is because of the lack of a migration system from Citadel to Nekrova.

4 minutes ago, iDev said:

You're able to /ignore those players if you feel it's necessary.

only to a point since ignore list still has limited space

it's worse in whispers though when they just assume everyone else speaks russian

wouldn't mind an auto reply with something to the effect of 'the person you have reach does not speak Russian, please leave a message in English after the beep'

1 minute ago, wiliWillow said:

In spite of Russian servers being made, some players chose to stay on Citadel, in which their connection quality is worse. I think it is because of the lack of a migration system from Citadel to Nekrova.

It is, because the previous "Migration" from Innova servers, they lost their accounts with high levels and other stuff.

Now they just don't want to suffer again. 

1 minute ago, Uocjat said:

only to a point since ignore list still has limited space

it's worse in whispers though when they just assume everyone else speaks russian

wouldn't mind an auto reply with something to the effect of 'the person you have reach does not speak Russian, please leave a message in English after the beep'

Just answer them back "PSHL NAH" :^)

Works everytime, they rage like crazy xD

2 minutes ago, RunicDeath said:

Just answer them back "PSHL NAH" :^)

Works everytime, they rage like crazy xD

I usually just replay with some nonsense about buying potatoes or what ever random crap I can come up with at the time

but still an auto reply would save some time

1 minute ago, Uocjat said:

I usually just replay with some nonsense about buying potatoes or what ever random crap I can come up with at the time

but still an auto reply would save some time

True, true. 

But I just love to troll Russians. They're the most fast raging people I've met in APB.. 

Few words and they'll kill the hell out of ya (IRL) xD

17 minutes ago, RunicDeath said:

It is, because the previous "Migration" from Innova servers, they lost their accounts with high levels and other stuff.

Now they just don't want to suffer again. 

I did not know that, but there could be a really easy solution to this problem, chat channels! There could be English,Russian,Turkish,etc. channels so that the players who speak a language won't annoy other players who do not speak that language. But this has to come with multi-channel support so that,for example, a German player whose English is good enough to communicate can see both the Russian chat and the English chat.

19 minutes ago, wiliWillow said:

I did not know that, but there could be a really easy solution to this problem, chat channels! There could be English,Russian,Turkish,etc. channels so that the players who speak a language won't annoy other players who do not speak that language. But this has to come with multi-channel support so that,for example, a German player whose English is good enough to communicate can see both the Russian chat and the English chat.

That wouldn't work. A lot of other games have such things but as per usual no one actually uses them. The Russians actually know english, they just prefer to use their native language because they don't care. Similar to how the Brazilians are on Jericho. They do it mostly because they're too lazy and its easier to use their third rate language over the sophistication and class of English.

5 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

That wouldn't work. A lot of other games have such things but as per usual no one actually uses them. The Russians actually know english, they just prefer to use their native language because they don't care. Similar to how the Brazilians are on Jericho. They do it mostly because they're too lazy and its easier to use their third rate language over the sophistication and class of English.

y’all’d’ve

I am also for chat channels, bets solution to not exclude someoen yet force no one to read what he doesn't wants

But what are the Russain sain’... in russain? I’m going insane, are their ramblings inane? Please explain.

17 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

But what are the Russain sain’... in russain? I’m going insane, are their ramblings inane? Please explain.

to you all they say is that they wanna drink vodka form your hairy chest.

1 hour ago, LilyV3 said:

to you all they say is that they wanna drink vodka form your hairy chest.

without even offering to buy me dinner first? forget it

I think this topic is fairly racist, why you don't tell us about turkish or someone else? You can blacklist anyone you want without forum whining or just turn game chat off like I do.

Can't we have like nearly all games do? Main Chat English Only (enforced by GMs), then secondary channels for other languages.

i say leave it as is so all these idiots can keep whining about words they can’t even read

Okay I will add my two cents to this conversation...

First of all, let me say that I do not wish to be regarded as racist. I appreciate everyone's input and enjoyment in games very much, regardless of where you are from and what language you speak.

With that said... using native languages in a game filled with people from all over the world IS a problem. Not really when someone simply cannot speak English (lets be honest, this is simply the most universally understood language in the world), but definitely when people can. 

A few examples to illustrate the issue: 

1. Dutch swearing

Last week I played apb and there were two seriously toxic players talking in the global chat. When confronted, they switched to the Dutch language and said "stomme kuthoer" and tons of similar phrases after that. In case you don't understand that... Good on you. It basically means stupid nice lady (gotta love the filter. You know what I mean), which is of course not meant to be constructive. It is meant to talk crap about someone without them understanding it.

2. Russian chat

By now it's been years since this happened, but it stuck to me because it showed the problem quite well. I was playing JC2-MP and a couple of people were talking russian to each other. I politely asked them what the conversation was about, because I couldn't understand them but given the situation I kinda needed to know. The reply was "you stupid american. We talk our language if we want to idiot" and then they went on with their business. Well... Alrighty then. First of all I am not an american, so thanks for that shortsighted assumption, but second of all I kinda need to know what this is about. No response...well actually there waa a response in russian. A not very polite one as you can imagine.

3. We love to bash people

Not sure what language it was, but at some point I asked them why they chose to speak their native language in an English server. Their very honest response: "we just love to bash people without them knowing xD"

In case you don't see the pattern yet: over many years I experienced native language in international chat for only two reasons:

1. To ridicule people or swear at them

2. To communicate with a friend only.

The first one is blatantly stupid as I am sure everyone can agree with. The second one has a bloody simple solution: use pm's, team chat, group chat or a third party service like discord. 

I don't think we need LO to "solve" this as it is usually a small minority of players who do these things. However I do ask of people to understand that this has nothing to do with racism (at least not nearly in all cases). 

Please just respect others and show good will by using the appropriate language, whatever that might be. There are situations where other languages are required and that is fine. However, in APB English is the standard language. Please respect that if you can.

Also: if people keep talking in their native language for either of the two reasons listed above, then yes, use the ignore feature.

Edited by Misterff1
Typos and clarity

Sign in to follow this