Darkzero3802

Proof Shredder Is Imbalanced

im confused, you dont think that a gun should be able to get a .75s ttk at 20-30m?

• Like 1

you could say the same thing about the OSCAR. it's really good in closerange, and has better ttk than Shredder at those ranges if you are accurate. Shredder is fine

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

you could say the same thing about the OSCAR. it's really good in closerange, and has better ttk than Shredder at those ranges if you are accurate. Shredder is fine

You forgot to mention that you actually have to aim with the Oscar. It is possible to kill someone with 2 half shots and 1 meat shot thanks to the shredders 440 damage overkill and the early pallets dealing more damage.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Frosi said:
29 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

You forgot to mention that you actually have to aim with the Oscar. It is possible to kill someone with 2 half shots and 1 meat shot thanks to the shredders 440 damage overkill and the early pallets dealing more damage.
^ this.
As well as you don't just hold MB1 until they are dead.

3 minutes ago, Frosi said:

You forgot to mention that you actually have to aim with the Oscar.

Yeah, shotguns should require less aim skill.

6 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:
11 minutes ago, Frosi said:

You forgot to mention that you actually have to aim with the Oscar.

Yeah, shotguns should require less aim skill.
Tell me how this scenario would have played out if that guy had a shredder with whatever red mod you want aka .69/.75/.87 TTK 
i don't think that the oscar is a fair comparison in regards to the shredder 🤔

1 minute ago, Spaghettio said:

i don't think that the oscar is a fair comparison in regards to the shredder

They're both guns which can kill at their exact ttk on range, unlike NTEC which needs tapping. OSCAR has lower ttk than Shredder at ranges beyond 20m because it's damage dropoff is 40m, yet it's got the same .80 ttk for extreme close range, in which it has a chance against a .69ttk Shredder, even moreso when CJ affects burst interval patch is added to Live.

The point was that it's not a big deal for Shredder to have a .69ttk even out to 20m, because other guns can do that too. Look at SHAW or Euryale. Euryale is actually easy to get min ttk even at 40m.
  • Like 1

Scrubs already working on the defenses to defend their latest crutch. Always a sad laugh having to read through those delusions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SLICKIEM said:
They're both guns which can kill at their exact ttk on range, unlike NTEC which needs tapping. OSCAR has lower ttk than Shredder at ranges beyond 20m because it's damage dropoff is 40m, yet it's got the same .80 ttk for extreme close range, in which it has a chance against a .69ttk Shredder, even moreso when CJ affects burst interval patch is added to Live.

The point was that it's not a big deal for Shredder to have a .69ttk even out to 20m, because other guns can do that too. Look at SHAW or Euryale. Euryale is actually easy to get min ttk even at 40m.
if you watched the video you could understand even "if" its TTK is the same the SPREAD isn't hence the shredder can get away with killing people by scraping their hitboxes with a couple of pellets behind cover or without cover this is mostly due to its overkill initial pellet damage and relatively tight spread

1 minute ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Scrubs already working on the defenses to defend their latest crutch. Always a sad laugh having to read through those delusions.

I think I used the Shredder for about a day or two before I got bored since I don't like shotguns. Nor am I a scrub. I just read the math and the stats, bro. Don't flip out on me, I'm not the one shotgunning you.

3 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

I think I used the Shredder for about a day or two before I got bored since I don't like shotguns. Nor am I a scrub. I just read the math and the stats, bro. Don't flip out on me, I'm not the one shotgunning you.
Pathetic Defense/excuse
you can simply use the initial video from the OP and looked at the one i linked and came to the same conclusion as me
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spaghettio said:

Pathetic Defense/excuse

It's not a defence or an excuse. I'm literally just telling you how the gun works and why it isn't a problem. Shredder gets facefucked by JG and CSG players that know what they're doing, the ONLY advantage to Shredder is that you can do decent damage and get kills out to 25m fairly well, but even that isn't that impressive.

I will give you that the overdamage is a bit much, though. 360 or 375 for full hit would be ideal to make it require more aim skill to appease the mass hysteria about it.
  Edited by SLICKIEM
  • Like 1

"This weapon that is designed to be effective at 20m-30m killed me at 20m-30m, therefore it is overpowered and needs to be nerfed."

aadd5f488048dbb84768c5f5b2401cbb.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:
It's not a defence or an excuse. I'm literally just telling you how the gun works and why it isn't a problem. Shredder gets facefucked by JG and CSG players that know what they're doing, the ONLY advantage to Shredder is that you can do decent damage and get kills out to 25m fairly well, but even that isn't that impressive.

I will give you that the overdamage is a bit much, though. 360 or 375 for full hit would be ideal
getting reliable kills with a .69 cqc weapon out to 25m isn't impressive? along with the added benefit of bullshoot damage shooting over cars/cover and barely touching their hitbox and getting kills?
should we also talk about the hard damage it does within a short time period?
2025 hard damage within 3.44 seconds with the added bonus of a tight spread making it easy as heck to blow a car up
besides that i noticed you don't even wanna acknowledge the fact that its RNG/Spread is near nonexistent when taking into account the initial pellet damage 😕

last i checked a jg/csg falls off significantly past 10m unless you're using IR3 which effectively makes it a .8 TTK and even then less pellets hit the target the farther it is
IR3 is practically a waste with the JG and the CSG ends up taking probably like 4-5 shots at 20m with IR3 making it a 1.6 TTK at the very least
so unless every situation revolves around the jg/csg getting within 10 meters consistently i don't see how a JG/CSG facefucks you

defending the shredder is rather pathetic regardless we are getting a well needed nerf
i understand that you guys simply wanna pick on a silver but this is stupid Edited by Spaghettio

I mean look at the aim but he still destroyed them 😛 LUL.

Killed the guy from 45 meters as if it's a assault rifle. This gun is good at assault rifle range and close combat. I call it the 3 shot assault rifle.

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

This shouldnt be possible with any shottie especially an auto model. id say im 20-30m away here and can 4 shot solo.
https://plays.tv/video/5b86fcb1ba89d4d16b/dat-range-apb-apbreloaded?oreferer=notifications

Damn, watching a recorded clip of that just makes it even more indefensible. Only 1/3 of the pellets hit at the range of that second kill, and it still melted that poor guy. Guess I missed when they replaced the buckshot with anti-tank rounds. No idea how LO can see this and say "oh maybe the fire rate is too high." APB is in good hands.

8 minutes ago, Topre said:

I mean look at the aim but he still destroyed them 😛 LUL.

Killed the guy from 45 meters as if it's a assault rifle. This gun is good at assault rifle range and close combat. I call it the 3 shot assault rifle.

[video]

yeah man thats insane how it took you twice as long as an ntec to melt that guy

the shredder has always had its range capabilities, the only thing id say is wrong with it is the incredible forgiveness shotguns have due to current pellet mechanics - but that applies to the category as a whole not just the shredder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

the shredder has always had its range capabilities, the only thing id say is wrong with it is the incredible forgiveness shotguns have due to current pellet mechanics - but that applies to the category as a whole not just the shredder
No the shredder was definitely not near the same level of range now as for in terms of drop off? probably
they buffed the fire rate aswell

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

What I find funny is how people are picking the Shredder to complain about. It's like they don't worry about a JG 2-shotting them when like 3 pellets hit from each shell. Come on...
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

What I find funny is how people are picking the Shredder to complain about. It's like they don't worry about a JG 2-shotting them when like 3 pellets hit from each shell. Come on...
Did you know the OTW changes are adjusting the pellet damage for the JG and CSG? regardless i feel as though you're over exaggerating a bit as well as shifting the conversation and pushing aside anything i said previously  
This shall be the last reply i waste on you

7 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

true about the TTK. But still it's stupid being sniped from 45 meters by a shotgun. Maybe your right because shotguns are way to consistent with the current pellet mechanics. 

1 minute ago, Spaghettio said:

This shall be the last reply i waste on you

Get out of here, Mr. High-and-Mighty. You can stop that messiah complex any time you like.

2 minutes ago, Topre said:
true about the TTK. But still it's stupid being sniped from 45 meters by a shotgun. Maybe your right because shotguns are way to consistent with the current pellet mechanics. 
its the only issue imo

the new pellet mechanics allow so much extra range because you only need to hit 2 or 3 pellets to get near max damage, take that away and while the shredder will still be able to reach you it wont matter so much because of the spread limiting damage
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

the new pellet mechanics allow so much extra range because you only need to hit 2 or 3 pellets to get near max damage, take that away and while the shredder will still be able to reach you it wont matter so much because of the spread limiting damage

They just gotta tweak the actual range stat itself, or the min damage dropoff. Make it drop to min damage at 20m, but keep the pellet rework. That'd probably be a good happy medium