Sign in to follow this  
Tobii

[GDPR] Match data?

Take this post with a grain of salt. I don't know every single detail in regards to GDPR, so this is more a "that could be cool" kinda post.

Seeing as GDPR is the big thing right now and you've mentioned you're working on being GDPR compliant.

Will we be able to browse our match history and more?

I am guessing you store some kind of game/match related data on each person playing the game to make support easier.

Valve has enabled this for all their titles. (e.g. CSGO - https://steamcommunity.com/my/gcpd/730/?tab=matchhistorycompetitive)

66lqjws.png

judging on how people are with the scoreboard ScreenShots, are you sure you want that?

12 minutes ago, wibsey said:

judging on how people are with the scoreboard ScreenShots, are you sure you want that?

Match data is private info.

So it's not much different to the fact that people already take screenshots of the scoreboard, so the people who care about such things most likely have it all saved already.

People can stroke their e-peen all they want if you ask me, I just wouldn't mind actually being able to see some of my past matches and data.

1 hour ago, Tobii said:

Take this post with a grain of salt. I don't know every single detail in regards to GDPR, so this is more a "that could be cool" kinda post.

Seeing as GDPR is the big thing right now and you've mentioned you're working on being GDPR compliant.

Will we be able to browse our match history and more?

I am guessing you store some kind of game/match related data on each person playing the game to make support easier.

Valve has enabled this for all their titles. (e.g. CSGO - https://steamcommunity.com/my/gcpd/730/?tab=matchhistorycompetitive)

66lqjws.png

GDPR Only relates to details that can identify an actual person eg real name address phone number. These score boards dont who any real details about who you are.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seedy said:

GDPR Only relates to details that can identify an actual person eg real name address phone number. These score boards dont who any real details about who you are.

Then why would valve go through the trouble of showing all the data that they have collected on you?

I am pretty sure it's in regards to what data is being stored and used, game data or personal info, the data is related to you in one way or another.

• EU citizens must be able to access any information a company has gathered on them. Additionally, citizens must be able to request any erroneous data be corrected.

GDPR is in no shape or form easy to understand, so I could be wrong.

At the same time, Valve could just be covering their patootie in regards to this, so they're just showing all the info they have on you.

It's hard to say.

Edited by Tobii

1 minute ago, Tobii said:

Then why would valve go through the trouble of showing all the data that they have collected on you?

I am pretty sure it's in regards to what data is being stored and used, game data or personal info, the data is related to you in one way or another.

Only personally identifiable data is covered in GDPR. They will have done this to make them look more trustworthy and transparent. If I have details about you say the following:

Gamers Name

Country Of Original

Shoe Size

This is not enough to identify you as a person.

If I on the other hand have:

IP Adress

First and Last Name

Street Name

I can find out who you are and so this is covered under GDPR. As the data controller you must tell people how you are using their data if it is data that can identify a real person. Have a wee gander here (BTW I am a web designer with hundreds of clients and my own hosting services incorporated in to it so I am a data controller and processor at the same time. I have had to do this recently)

https://gdpr-info.eu/art-4-gdpr/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seedy said:

Only personally identifiable data is covered in GDPR. They will have done this to make them look more trustworthy and transparent. If I have details about you say the following:

Gamers Name

Country Of Original

Shoe Size

This is not enough to identify you as a person.

If I on the other hand have:

IP Adress

First and Last Name

Street Name

I can find out who you are and so this is covered under GDPR. As the data controller you must tell people how you are using their data if it is data that can identify a real person. Have a wee gander here (BTW I am a web designer with hundreds of clients and my own hosting services incorporated in to it so I am a data controller and processor at the same time. I have had to do this recently)

https://gdpr-info.eu/art-4-gdpr/

I guess my disclaimer at the top in OP was fine then.

And my edit in the above post.

"Take this post with a grain of salt. I don't know every single detail in regards to GDPR, so this is more a "that could be cool" kinda post."

I do not expect them to actually do this.

i hope not, last thing we need is more ego boosting 

31 minutes ago, Tobii said:

GDPR is in no shape or form easy to understand, so I could be wrong.

At the same time, Valve could just be covering their patootie in regards to this, so they're just showing all the info they have on you.

It's hard to say.

i think this is correct tbh, they are covering their asses because GPDR is complicated and covers so many options and conditions that it might or might not be the case that they are compliant, so they are over complying and adding another layer of transarency to make sure they dont get a knock at the door.. I was going to thank the posts etc but I seem to have ran out of thanks for the day! Anyway, thanks 🙂

27 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i hope not, last thing we need is more ego boosting 

But my e-peen 😞

20 minutes ago, Tobii said:

But my e-peen 😞

is small and will remain small

47 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

is small and will remain small

oof-funny-roblox-sounds-98.png

Might aswell just give us access to a public API which offers all match data for characters / accounts.

Would also give us the chance to create unofficial leaderboards and so on.

I am tired of screenshoting every scoreboard. Please make it easier to boost my ego.

Sign in to follow this