Sign in to follow this  
SML

Character Modifications Balance Thread

Green Mods  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about green character mods and clotting agent mod?

• Clotting Agent is fine, other green mods need some love.
    • Clotting Agent is overpowered against other green mods and need nerf.
    • Clotting Agent is overpowered against other green mods and need nerf, but also other green mods are still weak and need some love.

First of all hi everyone.
Everybody knows that CA3 is most used green character mod of all the time. This shows an unbalanced situation among green mods. I'd like to share my ideas with you based on buffing other mods. I don't know exacty numbers and calculation about CA. So i made poll about relationship CA and other green mods. Please vote your opinion.

Ok let's start:

GREEN MODS

Kevlar:  Kevlar has a great positive effect, but negative effect is much worse than its greatness. Instead of slowing character down why we don't force player to be lighter for carrying kevlar.

Kevlar I - +10% HP /OR 10% Damage Reduction(Damage Reduction is Seadee's Suggestion)
              - You can't carry secondary weapons /OR If you carry secondary weapon -7,5% Sprint Speed, If you carry grenades -7,5% Sprint Speed

Kevlar II - +20% HP /OR 20% Damage Reduction(Damage Reduction is 
Seadee's Suggestion)

- You can't carry secondary weapons, grenades /OR If you carry secondary weapon -10% Sprint Speed, -5% Run Speed and if you carry grenades -10% Sprint Speed -5% Run Speed

Kevlar III - +30% HP /OR 30% Damage Reduction(Damage Reduction is Seadee's Suggestion)
               - You can't carry secondary weapons, grenades and -25% stored ammo /OR  If you carry secondary weapon -10% Sprint Speed, -10% Run Speed and if you carry grenades -10% Sprint Speed  -10% Run Speed

Sphagettio's Kevlar III - +30% HP /OR 30% Damage Reduction
                                    - Grenades are disabled
                                    - -12.5% /OR -10% Sprint&Run Speed

Fragile: Fragile is an another mod that suffers from weak positive effect. Become faster is not enough. You can't dodge at all. I have 2 concepts in my mind. First one is Stealth / Assassin like gamestyle, other one is Acrobatic/Athletic like gamestyle.

Fragile (Stealth) - +14% Run Speed 
                          - +14% Sprint Speed
                          - You won't be shown on enemy radar when you shoot /OR You won't be shown on enemy radar when you shoot with your secondary and shoot with your primary weapon when crouching
                          - -14% HP

Fragile (Athletic) - +14% Run Speed 
                           - +14% Sprint Speed
                           - You can jump higher

- Climb ladders and fences faster
                           - -14% HP

Sphagettio's Fragile  - +14% Run Speed 
                                 - +14% Sprint Speed
                                 - +1 /OR +2 Grenades
                                 - -14% HP

Flak Jacket: Maybe there could be exactly opposite mod Grenadier to make useful flak jacket more??

Grenadier - +1 Grenade Count
                 - +40% Increase Explosion Damage Taken

Clotting Agent:  As far as i don't know exactly numbers of regeneration of HP i can't say anything about it. 

Blue and orange mods haven't got high priority to make balanced as green mods. But i will share my thoughts with you.

BLUE MODS

Car Surfer: To make this mod less abusive i think there should be a timer to activate car surfing while you are on vehicle.

Valzipram Tablets: It's useless just fix it. 

ORANGE MODS

Radar Jammer:  This mods main purpose is just showing your symbol to other players at the moment. 😂 It needs some love but i don't know how.

Feel free to make your critics. These are just my thoughts and there will be always better ones. And I will edit my post if you have another ideas.

Thanks....

Edited by SML

10 minutes ago, SML said:
works just fine what are you on about?

11 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
22 minutes ago, SML said:
works just fine what are you on about?
I don't know, maybe i was expecting more from valzipram tablets. 😀

18 minutes ago, SML said:
I don't know, maybe i was expecting more from valzipram tablets. 😀
Tablets work hilariously well. Cars just make you bounce around like nothing.

25 minutes ago, SML said:

I don't know, maybe i was expecting more from valzipram tablets.

it’s not just automatic vehicle invincibility, nor should it be

but afaik you’re running in the same direction the car is moving you won’t be run over unless it’s going 25m/s (max speed)

4 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
it’s not just automatic vehicle invincibility, nor should it be

but afaik you’re running in the same direction the car is moving you won’t be run over unless it’s going 25m/s (max speed)
23m/s

12 hours ago, SML said:

First of all hi everyone.
Everybody knows that CA3 is most used green character mod of all the time. This shows an unbalanced situation among green mods. I'd like to share my ideas with you based on buffing other mods. I don't know exacty numbers and calculation about CA. So i made poll about relationship CA and other green mods. Please vote your opinion.

Ok let's start:

GREEN MODS

Kevlar:  Kevlar has a great positive effect, but negative effect is much worse than its greatness. Instead of slowing character down why we don't force player to be lighter for carrying kevlar.

Kevlar I - +10% HP / 10% Damage Reduction(Damage Reduction is 
Seadee's Suggestion)
              - You can't carry secondary weapons / If you carry secondary weapon -7,5% Sprint Speed, If you carry grenades -7,5% Sprint Speed

Kevlar II - +20% HP / 20% Damage Reduction(Damage Reduction is 
Seadee's Suggestion)

- You can't carry secondary weapons, grenades / If you carry secondary weapon -10% Sprint Speed, -5% Run Speed and if you carry grenades -10% Sprint Speed -5% Run Speed

Kevlar III - +30% HP / 30% Damage Reduction(Damage Reduction is Seadee's Suggestion)
               - You can't carry secondary weapons, grenades and -25% stored ammo / If you carry secondary weapon -10% Sprint Speed, -10% Run Speed and if you carry grenades -10% Sprint Speed  -10% Run Speed

Fragile: Fragile is an another mod that suffers from weak positive effect. Become faster is not enough. You can't dodge at all. I have 2 concepts in my mind. First one is Stealth / Assassin like gamestyle, other one is Acrobatic/Athletic like gamestyle.

- +14% Sprint Speed
                          - You won't be shown on enemy radar when you shoot / You won't be shown on enemy radar when you shoot with your secondary and shoot with your primary weapon when crouching
                          - -14% HP

- +14% Sprint Speed
                           - You can jump higher

- -14% HP

Flak Jacket: Maybe there could be exactly opposite mod Grenadier to make useful flak jacket more??

Clothing Agent:  As far as i don't know exactly numbers of regeneration of HP i can't say anything about it. 

Blue and orange mods haven't got high priority to make balanced as green mods. But i will share my thoughts with you.

BLUE MODS

Car Surfer: To make this mod less abusive i think there should be a timer to activate car surfing while you are on vehicle.

ORANGE MODS

Radar Jammer:  This mods main purpose is just showing your symbol to other players at the moment. 😂 It needs some love but i don't know how.

Feel free to make your critics. These are just my thoughts and there will be always better ones. And I will edit my post if you have another ideas.

Thanks....

overall reading this at a glance can be misleading perhaps replace +30% HP /OR 30% Damage Reduction 

My Suggestion based upon yours
+30% HP /OR 30% Damage Reduction
Grenades are disabled
-12.5% 
/OR -10% Sprint&Run Speed
and maybe they could implement a reduction of some sort for Moving while shooting otherwise this could be abused

Removing Secondary would be overkill and just make the medusa and other variants alike it OP

- +14% Sprint Speed
                          - You won't be shown on enemy radar when you shoot / You won't be shown on enemy radar when you shoot with your secondary and shoot with your primary weapon when crouching
                          - -14% HP

- +14% Sprint Speed
                           - You can jump higher

- -14% HP

Neat but making the game faster pace than it already is isn't really necessary (obviously not faster in regards to Run&Sprint but in terms gameplay style)
and i feel like it leans more towards benefitting people that esp but you could disregard that

also perhaps they should rename it Light Vest to fit more in line with Flak Vest to make a little bit more sense as for clotting agent idk maybe Medical Vest keep it simple
My Suggestion rather simple
Fragile               - +14% Run Speed 
                          - +14% Sprint Speed
                          - +1 /OR 2 Grenades
                          - -14% HP

and perhaps a little something more but i'm unsure as to what would be fair at this moment in time Edited by Spaghettio

1 hour ago, Spaghettio said:

and maybe they could implement a reduction of some sort for Moving while shooting otherwise this could be abused

Removing Secondary would be overkill and just make the medusa and other variants alike it OP

Thanks for your feedback. I added your suggestions.
But i just don't understand. How is removing secondary weapon make medusa OP?

4 hours ago, SML said:
Thanks for your feedback. I added your suggestions.
But i just don't understand. How is removing secondary weapon make medusa OP?
In contrast to the default LMGs Shaw/Alig which have a movement penalty
running a secondary is practically mandatory with them
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SML said:
                           - +14% Sprint Speed
                           - You can jump higher

- -14% HP
^^This should be how Fragile operates normally. Great suggestion!

Kev needs it's speed reductions halved, and reduce your carried ammunition (not nades) by some amount. (30%?)

Flak needs to be upped to 50% or 60% explosives resistance.

I wanna see all green mods being used, not being surprised when I see one that isn't CA. "Oh my god, he's using FLAK???" that shouldn't be someone's reaction.
  Edited by SLICKIEM

I don't have a response to this thread right now, but I just wanted to clear something up. It's called Clotting Agent, not Clothing. The name refers to the process of blood coagulation (also known as clotting) ;)

8 hours ago, MartinPL said:

I don't have a response to this thread right now, but I just wanted to clear something up. It's called Clotting Agent, not Clothing. The name refers to the process of blood coagulation (also known as clotting) 😉

Oh i didn't realise that. Thanks for the warning. But how about a clothing agent mod? 😂 Edited by SML