TheHidden-Tember

Tember's legendary guide of legendary guns!

4 hours ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

I haven't really tried that secondary shotgun yet and I have no intention of buying one. Any input from you lot?

I don't mind lending you it. (i'm on Jericho though)

It's a shotgun pistol for a very different job it doesn't replace the Yukon as well as the non legendary version does.

It's range is not to be taken lightly You can destroy cars in 2 Volley's (that's what i call a full reload of a chamber reloaded gun)

From the top of the Car Park (where Tip Toe is) you can destroy a van in 12 seconds or less.

I find it too similar to the Thumper In marksmanship mode to the point where i exclusively use it while aimed. 

I have yet to try it for the "HVR QS" method but I would imagine a weapon with that amount of accuracy (while still being a easier to land hits weapon naturally being a shotgun and semi automatic.) and damage would be devastating.

On 10/22/2018 at 11:13 AM, TheHidden-Tember said:

I haven't really tried that secondary shotgun yet and I have no intention of buying one. Any input from you lot?

Bought one today, will update this topic with informations about it once I played it enough to be able to judge it.

• Thanks 1

So.

What makes it legendary:

The 'Thunder' variant uses the 'Pistol Choke' modifciation, which makes it VERY accurate, marksmanmode barely changes the accuracy, so you'll be hip firing most of the time.

The choke also slows down your fire rate, though it's still very fast if clicked right.

You can also jump shoot it - more or less. The spread pattern doesn't change at all, but the whole pattern will be randomly placed in any of the 4 sections of your crosshair, so it isn't all too reliable unless you're close.

In data form this means:

Compared to the regular Showstopper, you get -45% fire rate, -66% pellet spread and +12m effective range.

This means: Time to kill is 1.02 seconds instead of 0.7, a spread of 44.50cm at 10m instead of 135cm, and a drop-off range of 22m instead of 10m.

Strength:

Can be played as a primary

Effective range: 22m

Still useful range: 32m, but at that range, you'll be focusing on hurt targets due to damage drop off.

High vehicle damage

One-by-one reloading (JG-style)

Great finisher, though the equip time lacks

Very strong gun if you manage to nail 3 consecutive shots.

Alternative weapon skin

Weakness: 

Relatively long equip time (double the time to equip FBW)

Very weird legendary skin that looks like a graphic bug from 5 meters away

Sounds like an overly aggressive sneeze

How to modify it:

You can't (secondary)

What to avoid:

Pulling it out mid-battle (unless you prepared it)

Every time you equip the gun for the first time (like respawning), your character will spin the cylinder before you can fire, for whatever reason.

Buying it at the current price. You should probably wait until it settles in at ~4 million. Can take a long time due to population though.

There's better secondaries out there that'll help you more in most situations, like the .45 AP.

But if you're looking for something different and a viable secondary, the Thunder is still an amazing, strong secondary.

Edited by GhosT
  • Thanks 2

So thanks to the pickup mechanics (plz leave this in , LO I love it) I could pick up this shizz today:jLHo0wY.png

From the few tests I've ran, this seems like a slightly less accurate LCR, with also less range than an LCR, but with the ability to spam quicker in hipfire.

I got killed soon after trying it up but from what I've tried, playing it like an LCR seems to work fine and trying to use it at hipfire range works just as well as expected which means NOT.

Also because I might have a bad habit of going into marksman mode in CQC.

Spraying it while crouching seems to help a lot.

Edited by TheHidden-Tember
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

So thanks to the pickup mechanics (plz leave this in , LO I love it) I could pick up this shizz today:jLHo0wY.png

From the few tests I've ran, this seems like a slightly less accurate LCR, with also less range than an LCR, but with the ability to spam quicker in hipfire.

I got killed soon after trying it up but from what I've tried, playing it like an LCR seems to work fine and trying to use it at hipfire range works just as well as expected which means NOT.

Also because I might have a bad habit of going into marksman mode in CQC.

Spraying it while crouching seems to help a lot.

Does it bother you it doesn't level Pointman? even though it's essiantly another run at the "vas c2" idea of making an smg but with assault rifle standerds?, This is too close to the ursus for me to want it.

7 hours ago, Zolerox said:

Does it bother you it doesn't level Pointman? even though it's essiantly another run at the "vas c2" idea of making an smg but with assault rifle standerds?, This is too close to the ursus for me to want it.

This is an assault rifle though so it's not supposed to level pointman 😛