Jilleroo

Game is nearly unplayable with this lag...

How long has it been like this? It's just... so bad.

Edited by Evagelyne
  • Like 1

which server? when i played on citadel the other day it was completely fine

and the issues with jericho seem to have started (again) yesterday if i saw correctly, i haven't heard/seen complaints on the days before

It's the DDOS mitigation that's causing issues on Jericho, it's been on and off for a while.

That's just the community of this game, so disenchanted and toxic are some of the people who played this game they just decided to spend their days DDOSing the servers. 

24 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

It's the DDOS mitigation that's causing issues on Jericho, it's been on and off for a while.

So to stop the lag, they cripple the server with lag.

"Hey, I don't need to worry about my house burning down if I blow it up!"

6 minutes ago, Evagelyne said:

So to stop the lag, they cripple the server with lag.

"Hey, I don't need to worry about my house burning down if I blow it up!"

No, to stop the servers from being offline entirely, they use systems that make the server lag a little.

Instances cannot stay online really if they're DDOSed, it's not just lag.

Someone explain this in English and maybe I can be less angry about it everytime I get pooped on in firefights?

45 minutes ago, EventideOne said:

Someone explain this in English and maybe I can be less angry about it everytime I get pooped on in firefights?

Imagine that you are at home and you are waiting for a really important phone call from your best friend. All of a sudden, tens of thousands of people call your phone number at the same time trying to tell you something. The odds of your friend's important information getting through to you go down drastically, because your phone line can only handle one call at a time. DDOS attacks are kind of like that only with a computer. While the computer/server has more resources that it can use simultaneously, eventually, it too can get overwhelmed.

Most common reasons:

1. Entertainment: Sometimes hackers just get a kick out of it. Lizard Squad is a popular hacking group. They took down Xbox and Playstaton networks one christmas because they found it funny that all the kids that got new gaming consoles for Christmas couldn't download required updates to play their new consoles.
  2. Leverage/Ransom: A hacker/group may DDoS a company or service until that company pays some ransom (money, bitcoins, etc). This is frequently seen in Healthcare where private patient information is at stake and can completely destroy a hospitals reputation and trust with its patients.
  3. Market Competition: A hacker/group may DDoS a competitor in hopes users will switch to their service. As a made up example, a hacking group may DDoS Walmarts online shopping site in hopes users will go to Amazon instead.
  4. Gaming: A hacker may DDoS another gamer to make them unable to compete/play, thus granting them victory via absence of competition.
  5. Sabotage: A DDoS attack can result in loss of revenue for a company or drastic cost increases for better security and network capacity.
  6. Personal: Sometimes it is simply just a grudge against someone or another company. Making their life a hell for awhile brings the attacker joy.

Edited by Tobii
  • Like 1

when i played last week wednesday it was smooth...last weekend it was unplayable i logged off and went back to PUBG

but it’s not completely unplayable 

6 minutes ago, Keshi said:

when i played last week wednesday it was smooth...last weekend it was unplayable i logged off and went back to PUBG

So you go from one unoptimized mess to another.

Whatever interests you I guess.

31 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

So you go from one unoptimized mess to another.

Whatever interests you I guess.

PUBG has bugs but  i do NOT lag every 5seconds and desync and teleport....
APB doesnt have much bugs as PUBG but lagging and teleporting, desyncing every 5 to 10seconds is much MUCH more annoying in my opinion. But depends how everyone see things u know

Just now, Keshi said:

PUBG has bugs but  i do NOT lag every 5seconds and desync and teleport....
APB doesnt have much bugs as PUBG but lagging and teleporting, desyncing every 5 to 10seconds is much MUCH more annoying in my opinion. But depends how everyone see things u know

Sorry what? Are we playing the same PUBG here?

ezgif-3-3079c1b2ff.gif.2b2cc12935157a426

It wasn't totally unplayable for me, but mildly aggravating. I just went to Social district and made themes...

Baylan FC wasn't bad either.

However, the lag was keeping me from playing my best in missions...

I also hate that mess known as PUBG, Fortnite is better, but I prefer non-battle royal multiplayer...

2 hours ago, Tobii said:

Most common reasons:

1. Entertainment: Sometimes hackers just get a kick out of it. Lizard Squad is a popular hacking group. They took down Xbox and Playstaton networks one christmas because they found it funny that all the kids that got new gaming consoles for Christmas couldn't download required updates to play their new consoles.
  2. Leverage/Ransom: A hacker/group may DDoS a company or service until that company pays some ransom (money, bitcoins, etc). This is frequently seen in Healthcare where private patient information is at stake and can completely destroy a hospitals reputation and trust with its patients.
  3. Market Competition: A hacker/group may DDoS a competitor in hopes users will switch to their service. As a made up example, a hacking group may DDoS Walmarts online shopping site in hopes users will go to Amazon instead.
  4. Gaming: A hacker may DDoS another gamer to make them unable to compete/play, thus granting them victory via absence of competition.
  5. Sabotage: A DDoS attack can result in loss of revenue for a company or drastic cost increases for better security and network capacity.
  6. Personal: Sometimes it is simply just a grudge against someone or another company. Making their life a hell for awhile brings the attacker joy.

my guess

in that order

Edited by LilyV3

1 hour ago, Tobii said:

Sorry what? Are we playing the same PUBG here?

ezgif-3-3079c1b2ff.gif.2b2cc12935157a426

You missed your shot, and did u have choke?

11 minutes ago, Keshi said:

the point was more on the typical, hey I am behind cov... ohh dead, well this again -.-

14 minutes ago, Keshi said:

Not my clip.

And we're talking desync here.

The guy is way behind cover, and this is a normal occurrence.

I can show you more if you really want me to.

1 hour ago, LilyV3 said:

the point was more on the typical, hey I am behind cov... ohh dead, well this again -.-

1 hour ago, Tobii said:

Not my clip.

And we're talking desync here.

The guy is way behind cover, and this is a normal occurrence.

I can show you more if you really want me to.

Ye but remember... its multiplayer, lets say that player has 20ms while the one shooting him has 100ms... while you ran to cover, you were still in sight for him(the enemy). Thats just how latency works.

in every multiplayer you have this, even APB. But APB has something extra. Instead of dying from someone who has a higher MS, everyone in the district lose connection from the server for 2seconds and teleport back to where they were 2seconds ago, aka "Mitigation"

Edited by Keshi

At this given point I'd rather have the servers be down rather than to deal with this atrocious lag that happens every minute or two.

20 minutes ago, Keshi said:

Ye but remember... its multiplayer, lets say that player has 20ms while the one shooting him has 100ms... while you ran to cover, you were still in sight for him(the enemy). Thats just how latency works.

in every multiplayer you have this, even APB. But APB has something extra. Instead of dying from someone who has a higher MS, everyone in the district lose connection from the server for 2seconds and teleport back to where they were 2seconds ago, aka "Mitigation"

I don't think you understand what they're getting at while you're saying that APB is unplayable for desync reasons; You also deal with desync and lag all the time in PUBG. We wonder why PUBG became the lesser game of the BR genre when Fortnite released their BR mode. Both games APB and PUBG are unoptimized to hell and are messes is the general gist of what people are trying to get at ya with.

44 minutes ago, Keshi said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9 minutes ago, Tobii said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That was painfull to watch. Sadly i didnt experience that lag yet. I only experienced FPS Drops and glitches(like doors open close, or soundless cars)
But ye everygame can have a bad connection. This guy prob had a 3minut lagspike in that 1 server and played normally without any issues the next game, or maybe had ISP issues.
When it comes to APB, its every 10seconds in any district. I am not saying pubg is better because even if i play it more, i can still call it a pile of trash for being hella unoptimized.
BUT maybe in a month i can teleport 3times in a pubg server, while on apb its every 5 to 10seconds in any district.

So again, multiplayer can have this issue. It is normal. But APB's connection issue is a bit TOO MUCH

Don't really know how this turned into a PubG vs APB discussion. But lets get back on topic on expressing our concerns for the massive amount of lag currently in the Jericho servers. Last week it was fine for me, maybe one spike a mission. To nearly every 1 minute its a full second or two desync making firefights nearly unplayable. If i was creative i'd go to Social and do something but im not, Im here for the combat and right now combat is far more frustrating than enjoyable.

Edited by EnragedLlamaTV
spelling
  • Like 1